IC-Ep 3-Simulation Terminated(Xiang/Sofia/George/Juliette)

After a confrontation, the Mi-Go demands that all humans evacuate from Pluto and is exchanged for Lt. Colonel Bruce. As preparations to leave get underway, loyalties are tested and divsions come to a head.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

IC-Ep 3-Simulation Terminated(Xiang/Sofia/George/Juliette)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Simulation Suite - Styx Base, Pluto
0740 GMT - Tuesday, August 9, 2112

Captain Juliette Desjardins arrived in the lobby leading to the simulation suites as Lt. Hu Xiang, Private Sofia Torres, and Private George Bond exited Suite A. George was carrying the strange alien weapon that she had retrieved.

"Attention all Styx Base Personnel," came the voice of General Richard Pryce over the public address system. "This morning we have made contact with creatures called the Mi-Go that live on this planet. They have captured Lieutenant Colonel Bruce, and Captain Desjardins managed to capture one of them and bring it back to the base. The Mi-Go have demanded that we leave their planet and return to Earth, and we shall comply immediately. The Mi-Go is being released to return to its own kind, and they will bring back our security chief. All personnel are to prepare for evacuation. Take whatever essential supplies you can gather and bring them aboard Charon's Ferry. We will depart for home as soon as practicable. That is all."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Scorch
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 12 years 3 months

Re: IC-Ep 3-Simulation Terminated(Xiang/Sofia/George/Juliett

Post by Scorch »

George paused thinking about the news and began to quiver a little. "we have to leave?"
SSior.27
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by SSior.27 »

No... no... no no no, after all that work with the blasted collider, Hu was not about to sit still. "Have they even tried reasoning with the creatures? Are they able to communicate to that degree? Something's not right here..."
Seeing Eihort - 1d6/1d20 Sanity Loss
Seeing Cthulhu - 1d10/1d100 Sanity Loss
Seeing 'Twilight' - Automatic Permanent Insanity
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Do you know anything about what's going on, Juli- uh, ma'am?" Sofia asked Juliette hopefully.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Lynx
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Post by Lynx »

Juliette looked tired and worn out. But she smiled at Sofias slip of toungue. "It seems that as the General lost his composure and tried to kill the Mi-Goo we held prisoner, and as they are all telepathically linked, we are to follow the terms they dictated and leave Pluto." Juliettes voice was NOT hiding that she totally disagreed with the order. " I do not know what is correct in this matter or not, but to trust them to do their part of the bargain would be to believe in santa claus.. " Her pronounciation of the word sounded like "Santa claws". "But I am a soldier and as such I follow my orders." She shook her head, and sighed. "Off to pack I guess."
Scorch
Layman
Layman

Post by Scorch »

George frowned "Were just going to give up after coming this far?"
Lynx
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Lynx »

Juliette nodded. "It definetely seems so. I really think......" Juliette stopped. "I'm sorry. My opinion does not matter in this situation. Any speculations in the Mi-goos telepathic powers and use of such is not relevant. The orders are to go, and as a pilot, it is my duty to pack quickly and check The "Charon" to make sure it is ready for departure." Juliettes eyes glinted as she said. "And making sure the weaponsystems are fully functional in case we are not allowed to go peazzzefully". Juliettes imitated the Mi-goos pronounciation of the word peace.
Scorch
Layman
Layman

Post by Scorch »

"are you okay you sound like you've got a scratchy throat?"
Lynx
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Lynx »

Juliette made a short laugh. "No, only trying to speak with the yuggothian accent." She sighed. " They are clever technically too. Overrode my doorlock without leaving a trace. For all we know much more tecnical than us. So ugly they put fear in anyone they meet....." Juliette shrugged. "And now they want to meet Kaiser... As if he is going to want to meet them." Juliette looked in the direction general Pryce had left. "The only thing I know, is I'm going to do that which I have been ordered to do... Packing up and moving along, going about my buisness." Juliette smiled as if to herself, and for a moment had an introvert expression in her eyes as if sharing a private joke. A moment later she smiled to the others present. "As should we all. The general does not want anyone disobeying him at this time."
mr. handy,I guess all present knows this is not very like Juliette to be keen on following orders?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Sofia followed Juliette out into the corridor. "I wish we could stay too," she said, "but whatever you're doing, I'm with you, Captain. What sort of telepathic powers do they have?"
Juliette Desjardins,They don't really know that. While [b]Juliette[/b] does violate regulations on occasion, she's usually subtle enough about it that nobody finds out. Her record is spotless, or she wouldn't have been chosen for this mission in the first place. She might not always agree with her orders, but she does typically obey them.
OOC,[b]Xiang[/b] and [b]George[/b], you may roll Psychology.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Lynx
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Lynx »

Juliette shook her head. "I'm not really sure. But they seem to induce some sort of fear in people. And they have this weird power that turns your brain numb." She was quiet for a moment,trying to find the right word. "My instincts just says that they can not be trusted.". She walked towards her cubicle. "I will pack my things, then head towards the dome. The creatures will, if they are speaking the thruth, be returning with Colonel Bruce in a little while, and I want to have the Charon up and going before that".

edied text,Colonel Bruce it is...
Last edited by Lynx on Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scorch
Layman
Layman

Post by Scorch »

George follows them.
Mr handy,is there a specific dice roller i should use?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Okay," said Sofia. "I'll grab my stuff from my living quarters too." She glanced back at Lt. Hu. "You coming, sir?"
OOC,You mean [b]Colonel Bruce[/b], I think. The preferred dice roller to use is [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/]Invisible Castle[/url]. You'll need to register there and log in so that you can type in a description of what you're rolling for and the number you need to get in the Note text box, but it's free and easy. If Invisible Castle is ever down, you may use another dice roller or even real dice.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Lynx
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Lynx »

Juliette was quick and efficient. She moved with an urgency that made her appear more like the streamlined soldier she was, rather than the beautiful and flirty woman she could also be.
SSior.27
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by SSior.27 »

Hu's instincts were still screaming something was wrong, but it was like several klaxons as opposed to a clear message, and he couldn't make heads or tails of it. He goes to the particle accelerator where most of the deconstruction would be done... Hopefully it wouldn't come to that...
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,It would take a very long time to disassemble the particle accelerator, let alone transfer the components to [i]Charon's Ferry[/i]. The general's instructions indicated that the departure would be as soon as possible, and the crew is to gather what it can quickly.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
SSior.27
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by SSior.27 »

Handy,Apologies. My intent was to get as much data and whatever few critical parts could be salvaged from in the allotted time frame.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Juliette, Sofia, and George each reached his or her respective living quarters and quickly packed personal belongings.

Lt. Hu went to the laboratory module instead and headed for the astrophysics lab.
OOC,[b]Xiang[/b], please roll Listen.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Lynx
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Lynx »

After packing the few affectional items she had, Juliette packed her essensitals. Using no more than 5 minutes. Her affectionals items consisting of her few medals , a locker she had after her grandmothet, and a small blue enamel casket. Her essentials consisting of her weapons and some uniforms to change into on the long trip home.

Juliette then headed towards the docking bay to get suited up and run "The Charon" through the neccesary preparations, and packing the Demeter inside. She should ask Pryce wether they should bring "the Persephone". Juliette knew the name of The Charon to be Charons ferry , but she disliked calling a spacecraft a ferry.
SSior.27
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by SSior.27 »

Listen,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3362504/]Listen Roll - 25% (1d100=67)[/url] Failed. Bring on the sneak attack! Haha.
Xiang approached the lab and started compiling his notes, making sure everything was in a portable device (ideally a data pad or similar.) [Sorry, been playing too much Mass Effect, so mind went straight to a Datapad...] He was so wrapped up in his work, the rest of the world seemed to fade into the difference.

Return to “Episode 3”