IC-Ep 3-Evacuation(Everyone else)

After a confrontation, the Mi-Go demands that all humans evacuate from Pluto and is exchanged for Lt. Colonel Bruce. As preparations to leave get underway, loyalties are tested and divsions come to a head.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Re: IC-Ep 3-Evacuation(Everyone else)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Lt. Hu had never actually taken off his spacesuit after his return in the Persephone - all he needed to do was put on his helmet. Juliette put her suit back on, and everyone else outside the docking bay who wished to do so was able to don a spacesuit at the same time.

"Each of us has a chip implanted in our right hand," Alison told Lucius inside the docking bay. She held up her right hand, palm outward. "You couldn't see anything even when I wasn't wearing a vacuum suit, but there are sensors in every airlock and door in this base that can read the chip - even through the suit. You just touch your hand to the plate next to the door, and it registers the chip and determines whether or not you're authorized to enter. Naturally, if you don't have a chip, the door remains shut. Of course, when you arrived you were somehow able to defeat the lock on the door of the storeroom in which you arrived, so you'll probably be fine if anything happens to me. Or you could just cut my hand off if I die. I won't need it any more then, and if it'll save your lives, you're welcome to it. However, it is powered by body heat, so it won't last long before it gets cold and runs out of juice."

A moment later, there was an announcement on the public address system, audible both within and without the docking bay. General Pryce spoke: "This is General Pryce. Six contacts are approaching the base, but there is no cause for alarm. They are most likely the Mi-Go returning with Lt. Colonel Bruce. Remain vigilant and continue with your preparations for evacuation. That is all."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Thorn »

"Well, we didn't crash, so if she's broken now, it's only cause of something you lot did to her," Brook mumbles in response to Juliette. She looks towards the monitors and windows as the general speaks.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by yockenthwaite »

"I'm sure the TARDIS will be fine," says Elizabeth quietly to Brook. "But I do wonder what might happen before we see it again." Like Brook she looks to see what she can of the new arrivals.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,There are no monitors or windows in the corridor outside the docking bay. If you want to see them, you'll have to suit up and go through the airlock into the docking bay proper. Those of you already in the docking bay can see nothing new on them yet. There is no sign of whatever is approaching the base.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Lucius nodded to Alison, firmly prepared to hack off her hand if it came down to it, but he didn't mention that much. "I appreciate the information, and certainly hope it doesn't come to that."

He asked uneasily, "Why does it take six Mi-Go to return one human? I would think two would suffice."
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 10 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Looks towards Lucius "Regardless of the reason the best thing we can do is be prepared of the unexpected."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I hope it doesn't come to that either," said Alison. "I've grown rather attached to my hand." She chuckled uneasily. "Five Mi-Go, actually. One of the six contacts is Lt. Colonel Bruce, hopefully. But you're right, that's more than they need just to carry him."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Lynx
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Post by Lynx »

Juliette looked at the newcomers , measuring them a bit. "Do any of you wish to go outside, I can help you donning a spacesuit now before I go out. If not I have duties to perform out there." In a second thought she said. "And in case the Mi-Goo has not only friendly intents, donning a spacesuit might be a good idea as a safety precaution."
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

"That might be a good idea." Brook volunteers to try on a spacesuit.
Lynx
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Lynx »

Juliette picked the suit closest to Brook in size and guided the girl through the prosess of donning a spacesuit, explaining the finesses of the suit. She was effective, polite, but obviously in a hurry to get outside.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Lucius starts looking for a place to hide. He knows he's no match for these creatures without some sort of great equalizer.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"I'd quite like to go out too," says Elizabeth. "Can you help me into a suit please? I've watched you help Brook into a suit, so have picked up some of the technique, so it shouldn't take too long."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Lucius saw that the strange craft in the docking bay were probably the best cover available. Nothing else was big enough to hide behind.

In the corridor outside the docking bay, Brook and Elizabeth soon had their spacesuits on and properly sealed with a little help from the base's crew.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 10 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Story walks over to Alison "How long until the Mi-Go reach us?"
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Lynx
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Lynx »

Juliette nodded av Brook and Elisabeth. "Ready to go outside? Or are you staying on the inside? I have to go check on the ships. As a pilot I have to make sure they are ok." Juliette put her helmet on, opened the airlock and walked inside.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"I'm ready and coming. I want to see outside," says Elizabeth, putting on her helmet, and following Juliette.
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

"Sure," Brook says, and follows outside. "If you don't step on the soil, it doesn't quite count. Like landing in an airport in some country just to transfer to another flight, then you haven't really been in that country. Should be the same with planets."
Lynx
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Lynx »

Juliette closes and then opens the airlock with her built in chip. As she gets the two others outside, she excuses herself and hurries over to the smallest of the two fighters. "The Demeter". She has a distinct feeling she is gooing to need the ship armed and ready. And if not she needs to have it ready for stowing.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Mmm, not so sure we can touch the soil here," says Elizabeth to Brook, tapping her right foot on the ground to see what is there. "But we will get a better view of the Mi-Go's return. So what now, over to wait with Story and Lucius?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'm sorry," Alison told Story, "but I really have no way of knowing. It depends on how fast they can fly. The place they came from is about ten kilometers away from what I've heard."

The airlock from the corridor to the docking bay was much bigger than the other standard airlocks they had all passed through, as it was designed to be used to bring in cargo. There was enough room in it for everyone along with all of the supplies the crew had brought along, so all of them got in with Juliette, Elizabeth, and Brook, and the supply-laden gravcarts. The airlock cycled and, after a few minutes, allowed them out into the docking bay itself, where they were treated to the same sight that the others had seen. Private Alison Silver, Story, and Lucius were already there, wearing their spacesuits. Alison saluted the officers.

Juliette began checking over the Demeter. The small craft was capable of atmospheric flight only and would need to be stowed aboard Charon's Ferry for the long voyage back to Earth, as she had been on the way here to Pluto.
OOC,There's a description of the docking bay in the first post of this thread. Feel free to converse and interact with each other. [b]Juliette[/b], please roll Mechanical Repair and Electrical Repair.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 3”