Page 1 of 1

IC-Ep 3-Evacuation(Everyone else)

Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:56 am
by Mr. Handy
Docking Bay - Styx Base, Pluto
0750 GMT - Tuesday, August 9, 2112

The airlock's inner door opened, and Natalia led Story and Lucius into the depressurized docking bay, with Alison following and closing the door behind her. The dome was open, revealing a dark sky full of glittering stars, extremely distant yet seeming close enough to touch. A dull, pinkish moon was visible as well, but it looked nothing like Earth's moon. The surface was not visible beyond the curving walls of the docking bay, though Natalia pointed out monitors on the walls on either side of the airlock's door that gave various views of Pluto's frozen, barren surface.

There were three spacecraft docked here: a huge transport vessel that took up most of the space in the bay, a smaller, rugged-looking craft that looked big enough to seat a few people, and a tiny one-seat scout, sleek and aerodynamic. The latter craft seemed designed for flying in atmosphere. There wasn't much free space in the dome with all three spaceships parked here.
OOC,[b]Story[/b], you may roll Astronomy. [b]Lucius[/b], you may roll Science(Astronomy) if you wish as well, but the base skill is 1%.
Private Robert MacCrimmon arrived in the arc-shaped corridor in the docking bay module, just outside of the docking bay proper. With him were Elizabeth and Brook, and the three of them were pushing an gravcart loaded with the medical supplies they had gathered. From another tunnel leading into the module emerged Lt. Hu Xiang, Captain Juliette Desjardins, Private Sofia Torres, and Private George Bond with the equipment and possessions that they had salvaged. The airlock leading into the docking bay itself had indicator lights showing that both it and the docking bay beyond it were depressurized. Lockers lined the wall on either side of the airlock. Some of them were empty, but the rest contained space suits.

Re: IC-Ep 3-Evacuation(Everyone else)

Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:26 am
by jaysun81
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3367747/]Astronomy - 90% (1d100=51)[/url]

Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:44 am
by Mr. Handy
Story,The stars looked familiar to [b]Story[/b], and he saw that they were in their proper positions for the early 22nd century. They were not noticeably different than when viewed from Earth, as the distance between Earth and Pluto, though vast, was nothing compared to the even vaster gulfs between the stars. There was one exception, however. There was one star in the sky that looked out of place, a bit brighter than the others. He finally realized that it was in fact Earth's sun, Sol. When seen from Pluto, it looked like any other star, though somewhat brighter. The moon appeared to be Charon, Pluto's largest moon.

Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:14 am
by jaysun81
Turns towards Lucius and points into the sea of stars towards the sun. "See the star that's brighter than the rest... that's Sol. Sadly from this distance her majesty is lost in the depths of space."

Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:21 am
by Mr. Handy
Natalia smiled. "You know your stars," she said to Story. "Yes, we're a long way from home, but one day we'll be able to go much farther. All those other stars will be just as accessible as our own." She turned towards the huge transport. "I need to go aboard Charon's Ferry and make sure she's spaceworthy. If you need anything, Private Silver is here to help you." She headed to the large spacecraft's airlock.

Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:13 pm
by ImpInTraining
Lucius hadn't spent much time studying the stars, and couldn't garner any information just by looking upward. When Story pointed out Sol, Lucius' eyes went wide. "That is the sun? So we aren't on Earth anymore. Unbelievable." He walked over to the monitors and looked at the exterior of Pluto and shook his head, "It looks so cold, like the far north. Can we walk on the ground outside?"

He eyed the space ships in the docking area and felt the familiar tinge of mistrust against such technological magic. He elected to keep his distance from those things.

Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:12 pm
by yockenthwaite
"So do we take the supplies into the docking bay proper?" asks Elizabeth. "And no sign of the Mi-Go I see. I guess it has departed already. I wonder how long it will be before more of its kind returns."

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:52 am
by SSior.27
Hu turned to Juliette, Sophia, and George as he saw the unfamiliar, definitely non-personnel, people roaming with the others. "Aren't those the ones who infiltrated in that antique police box?" He thought a beat. "Did I really just say that? Ta'ma de, it's been a long, weird day."

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:57 am
by Mr. Handy
Natalia entered the large spaceship's airlock and sealed the door behind her.

"There's an external airlock that leads to the surface," said Alison, pointing it out. "I don't know if it's such a good idea to go out there now, though. The Mi-Go will be coming back with Lt. Colonel Bruce soon. Seeing someone out on the surface when we're supposed to be evacuating may seem suspicious to them."

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:38 am
by Lynx
Juliette smiled at Lt.Hu. "They came here in a WHAT!" She laughed. "Are we sure this is not someones bad dream? And ain't that at strange coincidence? People arriving in an antique phonebox at the same day we meet the weirdest aliens? That box must be some kind of weird technology. And exactly what IS an antique phonebox? I get many strange pictures in my head now, but none of them seems to have room for all those people! And can it take them away again? Have they crashed here? And how do we know they are not some form om MI-GOO mind trick?" The last was said in a suddenly hushed voice. Eyes wide open, and face suddenly a shade paler, Juliette went to put on her spacesuit.

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:45 am
by Thorn
"We didn't crash," Brook says defiantly. "The TARDIS took us here, and when it does things like that, it's usually cause we need to be there. Or Story needs to be there, and by there I mean here. Besides, it's bigger than it looks. Like a tent. Looks small on the outside, but is surprisingly roomy on the inside. And we're no mind trick. I can pinch you if you want."

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:53 am
by Lynx
]Juliette startled, looking at the girl. "Really? And that would prove what excactly?" Eyes sparkling, skin colour back to normal just as quickly as she paled, Juliette smiled at the girl." Since you say it took you here, does this mean that this "Tardis" is some sort of lifeform? Or just intuitive machinery? And why did you not hail us before you came? It is polite to anounce ones arrival, don't you think??"

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:00 am
by Thorn
Brook makes a face. "We didn't hail you cause this wasn't where we were going. We didn't know you were here. But when we did realise we were in the wrong place, we sat down to wait for someone to come meet us, as peaceful as can be."

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:06 pm
by yockenthwaite
"Ok staying here sounds good," says Elizabeth in response to Alison's comment. "As for the TARDIS," she continued, turning towards Juliette, "I've never truly understood what it does, or what it is. Story is the pilot, if you want to use that terminology. I think it's a very clever machine myself. But it doesn't always land where we're supposed to, as happened this time. And, yes, as Brook says, we sat down and waited for you, in a non-aggressive friendly manner."

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:48 pm
by ImpInTraining
Lucius frowned when he was denied outdoor access... but he took a deep breath and looked back out to the monitors. "It is almost like strange events draw the Tardis forth. It is a little unnerving to be certain. Kind of like knowing that there's a riot going to happen soon, just not knowing where or when exactly. Heh, especially not when." He turned away from the monitors and said, "Story, what is our direction from this point? Should we have some sort of plan? These things are advanced, and if they come with the intent to attack, we will not be ready. My dagger is no match for one of those strange gats." Lucius didn't look the part, but he did indeed just use terminology from the 30's - gangster slang for a gun. It was how pistols were introduced to him originally, and what he came to know them as. No one ever corrected him.

Looking to Alison, he asked, "Can you show me how to get back inside if I need to do it on my own?" One thing Lucius was good at was finding a safe retreat.

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:45 am
by jaysun81
Looks at Lucius "I don't know. Perhaps one of us should check on the TARDIS... after all in case of an attack we don't want to discover that it has become inaccessible." Runs his hand through his hair and exhales deeply. "For now I think we should help the base in their preparations to leave." Looks around at those gathering.

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:11 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Currently only [b]Story[/b], [b]Lucius[/b], and [b]Alison[/b] are in the docking bay proper (with [b]Natalia[/b] in [i]Charon's Ferry[/i]), which is depressurized. All of the other characters are in the corridor outside the docking bay, which is pressurized with an oxygenated atmosphere. They could communicate by intercom or radio with the other group, but otherwise they cannot hear each other. If the group outside the docking bay (which consists entirely of PCs) wants to enter, you'll need to put on spacesuits and go through the airlock to the docking bay itself.
"The airlocks will only respond to members of the base's crew," explained Alison to Lucius. "It's a security measure. You'd only be able to use them if I or another member of the crew accompanied you."

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:45 pm
by Lynx
Juliette looked at Brook. "Well, I hope your ship is not crashed, as we probably have no room for you on "the Charon". " She walked toward the locker with her spacesuit. Started to put it on and in an philosophical mind murmured: "I hope this trip on the charons ferry is the right way across the Styx". She then continued putting in her spacesuit.

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:04 pm
by SSior.27
Hu's brain was starting to hurt from all that had transpired over the day. He tried to clear it as much as he could as he put on a space suit.

Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:03 am
by ImpInTraining
"So if something happened to you," Lucius tries to reason, "Story and I are stuck here? Can't say that I like that very much. How does it recognize you as part of the crew?" More of that infernal technological magic he didn't much care for. The look of displeasure may have said as much.

Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:41 am
by Mr. Handy
Lt. Hu had never actually taken off his spacesuit after his return in the Persephone - all he needed to do was put on his helmet. Juliette put her suit back on, and everyone else outside the docking bay who wished to do so was able to don a spacesuit at the same time.

"Each of us has a chip implanted in our right hand," Alison told Lucius inside the docking bay. She held up her right hand, palm outward. "You couldn't see anything even when I wasn't wearing a vacuum suit, but there are sensors in every airlock and door in this base that can read the chip - even through the suit. You just touch your hand to the plate next to the door, and it registers the chip and determines whether or not you're authorized to enter. Naturally, if you don't have a chip, the door remains shut. Of course, when you arrived you were somehow able to defeat the lock on the door of the storeroom in which you arrived, so you'll probably be fine if anything happens to me. Or you could just cut my hand off if I die. I won't need it any more then, and if it'll save your lives, you're welcome to it. However, it is powered by body heat, so it won't last long before it gets cold and runs out of juice."

A moment later, there was an announcement on the public address system, audible both within and without the docking bay. General Pryce spoke: "This is General Pryce. Six contacts are approaching the base, but there is no cause for alarm. They are most likely the Mi-Go returning with Lt. Colonel Bruce. Remain vigilant and continue with your preparations for evacuation. That is all."

Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:08 am
by Thorn
"Well, we didn't crash, so if she's broken now, it's only cause of something you lot did to her," Brook mumbles in response to Juliette. She looks towards the monitors and windows as the general speaks.

Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:10 pm
by yockenthwaite
"I'm sure the TARDIS will be fine," says Elizabeth quietly to Brook. "But I do wonder what might happen before we see it again." Like Brook she looks to see what she can of the new arrivals.

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:51 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,There are no monitors or windows in the corridor outside the docking bay. If you want to see them, you'll have to suit up and go through the airlock into the docking bay proper. Those of you already in the docking bay can see nothing new on them yet. There is no sign of whatever is approaching the base.

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:39 pm
by ImpInTraining
Lucius nodded to Alison, firmly prepared to hack off her hand if it came down to it, but he didn't mention that much. "I appreciate the information, and certainly hope it doesn't come to that."

He asked uneasily, "Why does it take six Mi-Go to return one human? I would think two would suffice."

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:27 pm
by jaysun81
Looks towards Lucius "Regardless of the reason the best thing we can do is be prepared of the unexpected."

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:49 am
by Mr. Handy
"I hope it doesn't come to that either," said Alison. "I've grown rather attached to my hand." She chuckled uneasily. "Five Mi-Go, actually. One of the six contacts is Lt. Colonel Bruce, hopefully. But you're right, that's more than they need just to carry him."

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:44 am
by Lynx
Juliette looked at the newcomers , measuring them a bit. "Do any of you wish to go outside, I can help you donning a spacesuit now before I go out. If not I have duties to perform out there." In a second thought she said. "And in case the Mi-Goo has not only friendly intents, donning a spacesuit might be a good idea as a safety precaution."

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:07 am
by Thorn
"That might be a good idea." Brook volunteers to try on a spacesuit.

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:30 pm
by Lynx
Juliette picked the suit closest to Brook in size and guided the girl through the prosess of donning a spacesuit, explaining the finesses of the suit. She was effective, polite, but obviously in a hurry to get outside.

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:15 pm
by ImpInTraining
Lucius starts looking for a place to hide. He knows he's no match for these creatures without some sort of great equalizer.

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:09 pm
by yockenthwaite
"I'd quite like to go out too," says Elizabeth. "Can you help me into a suit please? I've watched you help Brook into a suit, so have picked up some of the technique, so it shouldn't take too long."

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:18 pm
by Mr. Handy
Lucius saw that the strange craft in the docking bay were probably the best cover available. Nothing else was big enough to hide behind.

In the corridor outside the docking bay, Brook and Elizabeth soon had their spacesuits on and properly sealed with a little help from the base's crew.

Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:29 am
by jaysun81
Story walks over to Alison "How long until the Mi-Go reach us?"

Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:07 pm
by Lynx
Juliette nodded av Brook and Elisabeth. "Ready to go outside? Or are you staying on the inside? I have to go check on the ships. As a pilot I have to make sure they are ok." Juliette put her helmet on, opened the airlock and walked inside.

Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:26 pm
by yockenthwaite
"I'm ready and coming. I want to see outside," says Elizabeth, putting on her helmet, and following Juliette.

Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:45 pm
by Thorn
"Sure," Brook says, and follows outside. "If you don't step on the soil, it doesn't quite count. Like landing in an airport in some country just to transfer to another flight, then you haven't really been in that country. Should be the same with planets."

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:33 am
by Lynx
Juliette closes and then opens the airlock with her built in chip. As she gets the two others outside, she excuses herself and hurries over to the smallest of the two fighters. "The Demeter". She has a distinct feeling she is gooing to need the ship armed and ready. And if not she needs to have it ready for stowing.

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:09 pm
by yockenthwaite
"Mmm, not so sure we can touch the soil here," says Elizabeth to Brook, tapping her right foot on the ground to see what is there. "But we will get a better view of the Mi-Go's return. So what now, over to wait with Story and Lucius?"

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:00 pm
by Mr. Handy
"I'm sorry," Alison told Story, "but I really have no way of knowing. It depends on how fast they can fly. The place they came from is about ten kilometers away from what I've heard."

The airlock from the corridor to the docking bay was much bigger than the other standard airlocks they had all passed through, as it was designed to be used to bring in cargo. There was enough room in it for everyone along with all of the supplies the crew had brought along, so all of them got in with Juliette, Elizabeth, and Brook, and the supply-laden gravcarts. The airlock cycled and, after a few minutes, allowed them out into the docking bay itself, where they were treated to the same sight that the others had seen. Private Alison Silver, Story, and Lucius were already there, wearing their spacesuits. Alison saluted the officers.

Juliette began checking over the Demeter. The small craft was capable of atmospheric flight only and would need to be stowed aboard Charon's Ferry for the long voyage back to Earth, as she had been on the way here to Pluto.
OOC,There's a description of the docking bay in the first post of this thread. Feel free to converse and interact with each other. [b]Juliette[/b], please roll Mechanical Repair and Electrical Repair.

Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:42 am
by ImpInTraining
Lucius allowed the entrance of the newcomers to distract everyone long enough so that he could slip around behind one of the other ships and look for a nice, shady place to stow away. Meanwhile, he got to thinking ... "They probably wouldn't have left before the one we talked to arrived, so we could count on them getting here in about as much time that has already elapsed from when he - it took off, give or take a minute or two." There wasn't much time left to find an adequate hiding place.

Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:00 pm
by Lynx
JulietteChecked the Demeters electrical system and found it ok, then she started with the mechanical systems.

Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:56 am
by Mr. Handy
Lucius saw that all of the spaceships had airlocks similar to, though smaller than, the ones they had passed through in the base. The airlocks had more of those special plates that you had to put your hand on in order to get it to open.

Juliette finished inspecting the Demeter. All of her systems checked out, and she was ready for action.

Posted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:31 am
by Lynx
Juliette exited the Demeter, systems ready, went over to the Charon and opened the gate to the cargobay. On the suits com she opened up so she could talk to all in the dockingbay. " All personell in the dockingbay, I will now move the Demeter into the Charon. You must stay clear as I move her." She then got back into the Demeter, and made ready for lift off, wondering if she could see the mii-goo on the sensor of the ship, and tried it out.

Posted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:58 pm
by ImpInTraining
Lucius stepped away from whatever he was looking at and asked wide-eyed with concern, "What's a Demeter?"

Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:26 am
by Mr. Handy
"That is the Demeter," explained Alison, pointing at the small craft that Juliette had boarded. "The ship was named after a figure from Greek mythology."
OOC,[b]Lucius[/b], you may roll Occult. So may anyone else present who does not already get the reference.
Juliette Desjardins,[b]Juliette[/b] powered up the [i]Demeter[/i]. While the engines started to warm up, she checked the scanners. There was a cluster of six contacts approaching from the direction of the rock formation. At their current rate of speed, they would arrive in a minute or so.

Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:23 pm
by yockenthwaite
Elizabeth walks over towards Story, taking care to avoid what the Demeter is doing.

Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:36 pm
by yockenthwaite
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3397222/]Rolling Occult (stat 5%) re Demeter reference. (1d100=100)[/url]
[and the bad rolling returns!]

Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:47 pm
by jaysun81
Story notices Elizabeth coming his way and waves. "Elizabeth! Just in time for the show." Smiles.

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:07 am
by yockenthwaite
Elizabeth smiles at Story's welcome and goes to stand beside him. "I didn't want to miss this," she says. "So the Mi-Go are due to return shortly?"

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:35 am
by ImpInTraining
Occult - fails,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3397615/]Occult (15%) (1d100=29)[/url]
Lucius moved to hide behind one of the other shuttles that wasn't looking all dangerous.

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:21 am
by Mr. Handy
The ship that the base crew had called Charon's Ferry was very huge. The only other vessel was about three times the size of the Demeter, but still small compared to the big one. It was behind this one that Lucius took cover.
OOC,You may all roll Spot Hidden. Those of you who have not yet rolled Occult may still do so.

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:07 am
by Lynx
Juliette spoke over the intercom: "The Demeters system registers 6 objects incoming, ETA a minute or so! I hope everyone has cleared the presence of the Demeter, as I am taking her up." She fired up the engines and lifted the small scoutship elegantly up from the ground. She took the ship as far up the dome as she could.
mr Handy on spacecrafts present in the hanger,he takes cover behind the Persephone ?

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:24 am
by Thorn
(Could you please roll for me?)

Brook also heads over to Story and Elisabeth, looking around the dome.

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:13 pm
by yockenthwaite
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3398542/]Rolling Spot Hidden (stat 35%) while waiting for Mi-Go to return (1d100=46)[/url]

Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:55 am
by jaysun81
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3399277/]Occult - 20% (1d100=51)[/url]
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3399279/]Spot Hidden - 25% (1d100=70)[/url]

Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:12 am
by Mr. Handy
Brook had never heard of Demeter, and she was far too distracted to notice anything.

"Attention all personnel," came the voice of Colonel Indira Patel over the public address system. "General Pryce has been relieved of command due to being mentally unfit for duty. I am now in charge of Styx Base. The order to evacuate is hereby rescinded. Lt. Rose, you are to seal the docking bay dome immediately and repressurize the bay! Everyone be prepared for an imminent alien attack!"
Juliette Desjardins,Yes, it's the [i]Persephone[/i]. No Pilot roll was needed to take off, but I'll apply that roll when you make your first risky maneuver or, if you don't make one, when you land.
OOC,Oops, sorry, [b]Brook[/b]! :oops: I rolled terribly.

Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:01 am
by Lynx
mr. handy,thought the roll was needed because in my silly head the dome was down
Juliette quickly open a channel to command.

"Colonel Patel, mam. I have the Demeter up, and armed. I am higher than the dome, what should I do? Land or Engage?"

She at the same time checked the visuals to see if she could see colonel Bryce!

Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:43 pm
by yockenthwaite
"Gosh!" says Elizabeth, "I did voice concerns about the General to some of the other officers, but didn't expect this to happen."

Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:45 am
by Mr. Handy
"Land, Captain," replied Colonel Patel. "We need to shut the dome, and we don't want you trapped outside. We also need to let the Mi-Go make the first move here, just in case they're not hostile, but we have to take precautions."
OOC,[b]Juliette[/b], don't forget that you may roll Spot Hidden as well.

Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:32 am
by Lynx
"Roger that ckolonel!"
spot hidden,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3401213/]nothing seen[/url]

Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:46 pm
by ImpInTraining
Lucius was too busy trying to find a place to hide and failed to spot anything out of the ordinary.

Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:50 am
by jaysun81
Looks around and says aloud "I know I'm not in charge but might I suggest we all keep our heads on straight eh? Last thing we want is for someone to do something foolish... again."

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:56 am
by Mr. Handy
No sooner had Juliette started to descend than the dome began to close. The Demeter touched down safely and smoothly in its landing spot as the huge dome finished sealing shut. An instant later, the hiss of air showed that oxygen was starting to be pumped into the docking bay, though it would be a few minutes before the pressure was equalized.

Major Natalia Orlova emerged from the airlock of Charon's Ferry. "What on Pluto is going on here?!" she cried. "Has Colonel Patel gone mad? The Mi-Go were going to return Lt. Colonel Bruce and let us leave peacefully, and now she pulls this! She'll be the death of us all!"

An audible signal came from the control panel next to the external airlock that led out to the surface. "The airlock is being opened from outside!" said Robert MacCrimmon, examining the console. "It's the chief's authorization! He's back!"

"Let me bring up a view of the airlock on a monitor," said Alison Silver, manipulating the controls for the viewer. An image of the interior of the airlock appeared on one of the screens, the spacesuit-clad figure of Lt. Colonel Howard Bruce filling the open outer doorway.

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:07 am
by Lynx
Juliette scanned to see if all lifeforms were near the colonel, and she opened her helmet so she could scratch her nose. It itched with the sence of oncoming trouble.

Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:51 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,The scanners showed that the other five contacts were behind the colonel. While you're in the [i]Demeter[/i], which is pressurized, you can remove your helmet, but the docking bay will take a few minutes to fill with oxygen.

Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:59 pm
by ImpInTraining
Lucius remained hidden as best as he could for the time being until he could figure out if they were in any serious danger.

Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:11 am
by Mr. Handy
Alison gasped in fear as she watched the monitor, and she swiftly went to pieces. Her mind went blank, and she leaned against the wall and slumped to the ground. "They're here!" she cried. "There's five of them with him, all armed. God, what are we going to do now?"

The five Mi-Go entered the external airlock behind Lt. Colonel Bruce. The indicators showed that its outer door had closed and it had begun to recompress. It would only take a couple of minutes before the inner door opened.
OOC,Anyone looking at the Mi-Go on the monitor must roll Sanity. Sanity loss is 0/1d6. [b]Juliette[/b] cannot see it from inside the scout ship.

Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:49 pm
by Lynx
Juliette startled a bit at Alisons reaction, she slipped something into her mouth, resealing the helmet, she put her hands on the trigger of the Demeters weaponssystems. She was ready to fire, if there was anything suggesting a reason to. Someone panicking at the look of the the fiendish creatures, was not enough reason.

Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:35 am
by yockenthwaite
Elizabeth looks at Alison in alarm. "Oh please no, don't let another armed person lose control again." She tries hard not to look at the monitor, but can't help herself. She steels herself, and is not affected by the sight.

Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:47 am
by Mr. Handy
Elizabeth Young,[b]Elizabeth[/b] saw five Mi-Go in the airlock standing behind [b]Lt. Colonel Bruce[/b]. They looked much like the one she had seen earlier, though they were bigger, ranging in height between five and five and a half feet tall. Three of them carried little black knob-like devices in their pincers, and two held large devices that looked like clusters of metal tubes that reminded her of nothing so much as bagpipes, though they were decidedly alien and dangerous-looking.

Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:42 pm
by yockenthwaite
"Story, can you see what the creatures are carrying?" asks Elizabeth. "I wonder what those devices are. Weapons or something else?"

Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:39 pm
by jaysun81
While looking at Elizabeth "Let me see." Turns his attention to the monitor. "Hmmm...interesting."
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3423466/]Sanity - 68 (1d100=11)[/url]

Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:44 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Story[/b], you (and anyone else looking at the monitor) may look in the spoiler button above for [b]Elizabeth[/b] to see what she saw. You may also roll Physics to see what you can tell about the devices by looking at them, as may anyone who views them on the monitor.

Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:33 am
by Thorn
(please roll for me)

Brook looks curiously at the monitors as well, concerned by Allison's reaction.

Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:39 pm
by jaysun81
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3424770/]Physics - 81% (1d100=60)[/url]

Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:34 am
by Mr. Handy
Brook wasn't too bothered at the sight of more Mi-Go. She had already seen one, not to mention plenty of other aliens in her travels. She had no idea what to make of the devices they carried, however.

"Chin up, lass," said Robert, walking up to Alison and putting a comforting hand on her shoulder. "We'll be all right. The chief's back, and we can depend on him. It's nae as bad as it looks." He glanced at the monitor and recoiled in shock. "I see what's bothering you, though. Those are scary-looking beasties, and no mistake!"

Alison nodded and gave Robert her hand, and he helped her back to her feet. "Thanks, Robert," she said. "I'm sorry I lost it there."
Story,The small black devices appeared to be some form of hand-held energy weapon - only the Mi-Go didn't have hands exactly, but rather those pincer-like things at the ends of their several limbs. The clusters of metal tubes looked to be weapons as well, but ones designed to affect a wider area rather than a single target.

Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:03 pm
by jaysun81
Story looks at Elizabeth with a look of dread. "Things could get very bad... very fast." Points at the monitor. "Those devices appear to be some form of energy weapon with a potential wide firing arc...as in they can take us all down in a just a few shots. Looks around the room. "We must remain calm, alert, and ready... just in case. Elizabeth, Brook... when they enter stay as far back as possible until we get a sense of their intentions. I can't afford to lose either of you."

Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:30 pm
by yockenthwaite
"Ok, will do," says Elizabeth, looking at the monitor with some concern.

Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:39 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Just to clarify, it is the small handheld devices that are energy weapons. The clusters of tubes affect a wide area, but they do not seem to be energy weapons.
It took a couple of minutes for the docking bay and the external airlock to repressurize. The inner door then slid open, revealing Lt. Colonel Bruce and the five Mi-Go standing behind him. These Mi-Go looked like the other one but ranged in height from about five to five and a half feet tall. Three of them held small black knob-like devices in their pincers, and the other two carried much larger clusters of what looked like metal tubes surrounding a central mass. They all strode into the vast docking bay. One of the Mi-Go carrying a smaller device, the tallest of them, stepped forward.

"Why wazzz the docking bay not left open azzz inzzztructed?" it demanded.
OOC,Everyone who has not already rolled Sanity for seeing these Mi-Go on the monitor must do so now. Sanity loss is 0/1d6, as before. [b]Juliette[/b], you have already lost 3 Sanity from seeing a Mi-Go, so you can lose at most 3 more. In your case, any loss of more than 3 counts as only 3.

Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:04 am
by Thorn
Brook retreats to the back with Elizabeth, watching the Mi Go and their weapons warily.

Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:36 pm
by ImpInTraining
ooc,don't know if this also referred to Lucius, as he was feeling pretty good at being securely hidden away... but if it did... undoubtedly things are going to get bad for him. Glad it's happening right when I'm going on vacation.
Sanity - Fail,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3428288/]Sanity (39%) (1d100=74)[/url]
Sanity loss = 6,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3428290/]Sanity (39%) (1d6=6)[/url]
Idea check = success,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3428293/]Idea(80%) (1d100=33)[/url] bring on the temporary insanity... :P

Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:52 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Yes, I meant [b]Lucius[/b] too. He knows the Mi-Go are here, and he can hear their buzzing. The good news is that he didn't lose enough to go indefinitely insane a second time, and that he can now encounter Mi-Go without losing any further Sanity (at least for the likely duration of the adventure). I'll wait until Sunday for the base crew to make Sanity rolls and for those who are sane to react to the Mi-Go before I move things along.
Lucius Verres,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3429021/][b]Lucius[/b] goes into hysterics for the next 7 rounds. Feel free to have him act out[/url].

Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:21 pm
by yockenthwaite
Elizabeth watches the Mi-Go with concern, but doesn't respond to their question, leaving it to the base crew to deal with this part of the negotiation, or Story. She stands well back, beside Brook.

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:51 pm
by Lynx
Juliette really does not like the buggers. But she does not panick and remains calm and alert. She does not like this situation at all...

Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:24 am
by jaysun81
Story quickly scans the room to gauge the reactions of all humans present.

Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:44 am
by Mr. Handy
Lt. Hu's nerves were on edge, but he narrowly kept his mind steady. Major Natalia Orlova was calm and collected, and stepped forward, saluting Lt. Colonel Bruce. Private Sofia Torres was fascinated but not unduly disturbed. Private George Bond was also unaffected.

Bruce returned the major's salute. "What is the situation here?" he asked.

"Sir," said Orlova, "Colonel Patel has orchestrated a mutiny and taken command away from General Pryce. She is the one who ordered the dome to be sealed - and she called off the evacuation."

"Thizzz izzz unaczzzeptable," buzzed the leading Mi-Go.

Bruce turned to face the creature and raised a hand. "General Pryce has been cooperative," he said. "It is the treacherous Colonel Patel who is responsible for this. If you will allow me and my security forces to terminate her coup, we can restore the general to command and resume the evacuation."

"Very well," replied the Mi-Go. "We shall remain here."

"Thank you." Bruce approached Private Alison Silver and Private Robert MacCrimmon, and they exchanged salutes. "Come with me, both of you."

"Yes, sir," they said in unison.
OOC,[b]Story[/b], please roll Psychology. Everyone else is free to do so as well.

Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:41 am
by Lynx
Juliette lets out a gasp as Major Orlova gives the creatures yet another reason to persist. Either is she plain stupid or affected by some Mi-goo power. As Lt. Colonel Bruce has not adressed her personally she opens a channel to control.
Mr Handy,or where ever she believes Colonel Patel to be.
Colonel Patel,"[b]Colonel Patel[/b], are you there?"Juliette says and waits for confirmation. She then Continues." Mam, the mi-goo has returned with[b] Lt. colonel Bruce[/b]. [b]Major Orlova[/b] has spilled the beans about you taking over, and[b] lt. Colonel Bruce[/b] is bringing[b] private Silver[/b] and[b] private Mac Crimmon[/b] with him. I am no sure if the lt.colonel is going to terminate the coup as he said, or wether he is playing along with the mi-goo to lure them. Be careful, I pray, do not take any offensive action, we have multiple enimies heavily armed in our hanger, where our ships, and only safe return, are positioned."
. Juliette then ponders what to do next.

edit,edited because of mixed names in hidden portion.

Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:15 pm
by yockenthwaite
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3437930/]Rolling Psychology (stat 41%) as Bruce approaches other officers and they seem to comply really eagerly (1d100=72)[/url]

Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:49 pm
by jaysun81
OOC,Score! [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3438511/]Psychology - 85% (1d100=5)[/url]

Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:39 am
by Mr. Handy
Juliette Desjardins,[spoiler]You probably meant to say [b]Private Silver[/b], the other security officer. [b]Private Torres[/b] is the computer specialist.[/spoiler] "Thank you for the heads up, Captain," replied [b]Colonel Patel[/b]. "I'd better get out of the Command Centre; that's the first place they'll look for me. Don't take any offensive action yet, but keep me apprised of the situation. I'll give you my private frequency that will let you speak directly to my earpiece. As for the Mi-Go, we have an ace up our sleeve in case things turn ugly. I truly appreciate your loyalty and courage, and I'm glad I can count on you." She gave [b]Juliette[/b] a different frequency to use so that she could still communicate while on the move.
Elizabeth Young,[b]Elizabeth[/b] couldn't tell much about everyone's state of mind. She hardly knew the base crew, and the whole situation was confusing, with shifting loyalties and new surprises. It was hard to tell where people really stood.
Story,[b]Story[/b]'s attention was drawn to [b]Lt. Colonel Bruce[/b]. His voice seemed toneless and unemotional, his movements almost mechanical. He was not the bombastic, arrogant, military fool that [b]Story[/b] remembered when he was being questioned. Yet there was still something deadly about him. In many ways, [b]Bruce[/b] was acting much like [b]General Pryce[/b] had after he had recovered in the medical lab. The more [b]Story[/b] thought about it, the more some form of alien mind control seemed a possibility. [b]Bruce[/b] had been in the Mi-Go's custody for quite some time, and they did demonstrate telepathic, mind-altering abilities. He resembled a puppet whose strings were being pulled by someone else. The security officers under his command did not seem to be suffering from the same effects. They were in control of themselves and displayed normal human emotions. But the security chief was their commanding officer, and they would clearly do whatever he told them. [b]Major Orlova[/b] seemed rational, and while she did try to supress her emotions, he could still sense anger in her. It seemed directed at [b]Colonel Patel[/b] and her mutiny. Whatever the chief scientist's motivations were, she seemed loyal to [b]General Pryce[/b].

Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:59 am
by Thorn
Confused by the ever changing dynamics, Brook stays near Elisabeth, feeling like she can't contribute much to the situation. She looks to her companions, realising Lucius isn't anywhere in sight, and looks around for him discreetly.

Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:13 am
by Lynx
Juliette stares at the screen, wondering why her instincts screams that something about Bryce is all wrong. If he is acting or there is something else wrong she can not tell, not that she is ever any good at reading people. She reaally hopes he is just playing along with the Mi-goo. And coming back to give them hell..

pyskologyroll,bad roll http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3439583/

Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:39 pm
by jaysun81
Mr Handy,Is one of the Mi-Go the injured one from earlier?

Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:31 am
by Mr. Handy
Brook found Lucius hiding behind the mid-sized spacecraft that she gathered was the Persephone. He was curled up on the floor, mumbling and sobbing. "Oh, gods!" he moaned. "Diana, protect me from these fiends! Mercury, bear me home!"
Story,No, that Mi-Go is not among these five. It was shorter than them, and none of these appear to be injured.

Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:44 am
by Thorn
Brook slips quietly over to Lucius, trying not to draw any attention to herself, and sits down to comfort the Roman, whispering soothingly. "It'll be allright, Lucius....We've always gotten out of these scrapes before...Just you wait and see. Story'll think of something..." She strokes his hair, trying to calm him down.

Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:29 pm
by ImpInTraining
"No, don't you see? They're not even of our world! They brought their own magic devices... We're surely going to die this time!" Lucius insisted to Brook. "We should flee back to the TARDIS! Right away! ... If only I could get my feet to cooperate..."

Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:18 pm
by jaysun81
Story starts walking towards the Mi-Go as he proceeds in their direction and with a look of concern he asks them: "How is your comrade that sustained the injury?" He stops once he gets with arms reach of the aliens. Looking at the device and smiles. "So..." Pointing to the clusters of metal tubes. "What do we have here?"

Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:20 pm
by yockenthwaite
Elizabeth watches Story, and also looks over to where Brook went, wondering what her young fellow TARDIS traveller is doing.

Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:17 pm
by Mr. Handy
Alison and Robert followed Lt. Colonel Bruce into the interior airlock that led into the base. The door was soon secured, and the airlock began to cycle.

"The other Mi-Go will recover," replied the tallest Mi-Go to Story. "Thezzze devizzzezzz are for defenzzzive purpozzzezzz, in cazzze of further hozzztility."
OOC,[b]Lucius[/b], your temporary insanity has now worn off, and you may act freely.

Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:26 pm
by jaysun81
"I see." Looks at the other four Mi-Go before returning his attention to the tallest. "So you have three small energy weapons. However, this massive of chaos doesn't seem to be an energy weapon... what does it do? Hmm." Leans in close to the tallest. "Is this how you are controlling Col. Bruce? This device appears to affect a wide area but it's not an energy weapon. Perhaps it's a mind control amplifier? Or a pacifier?" Shakes his head. "That's it isn't it... if the humans refuse you will just take control of their mental faculties? Causing them to bend but not break." Pulls back standing straight and tall while stuffing his hands in his pocket.

Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:37 am
by Mr. Handy
The leading Mi-Go appeared to stare at Story. "Thezzze are weaponzzz azzz well," it buzzed. "We do not have mind control devizzzes."

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:51 am
by jaysun81
"Ah... I see." Smiles and turns around and says aloud. "Nothing to see here... these are not the Mi-Go you're looking for." Looks at Brook and winks then turns back around. "Agrh! Who am I kidding something is very wrong here." Looks directly into the lead Mi-Go's eye. "What did you do to Col. Bruce? You... changed him somehow. Furthermore, you may not have mind control devices but you do have the ability to communicate telepathically which wouldn't put it outside the realm of possibility that your hive-like mind could dominate and suppress the core of someone making them merely a puppet for you to use as you see fit." Looks at the rest of the Mi-Go before returning his gaze to the lead Mi-Go.

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:50 am
by Mr. Handy
"That izzz not logical," said the Mi-Go. "If we could dominate mindzzz azzz you say, we could have done it to you azzz well."

"Why do you think Lt. Colonel Bruce is under their control?" asked Major Natalia Orlova. "He seems to be doing his job. Colonel Patel has turned traitor, and like any loyal security chief, he is going to stop her and restore General Pryce to command."

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:18 am
by jaysun81
Turning to Major Orlova and says: "After General Pryce snapped and seemingly recovered he was different I just thought it was shock. However, seeing Col. Bruce I am reminded of how the General was acting after his encounter with the Mi-Go. Didn't you notice that Bruce was seemed unemotional? Even his movements appeared quite mechanical. He definitely wasn't the same man you questioned me and my associates when we first arrived." Looks back at the Mi-Go. "I know your race possess telepathic abilities... the injured one spoke to me." Turns back to the Major. "It appears as if both the Pryce and Bruce are suffering some strange effects from their encounters with the Mi-Go... Bruce even more so. Of course he was in their custody for quite some time." Runs his hand through his hair. "Major, there are things occurring here that humanity hasn't encountered before... listen to your gut. Trust you instinct... despite the fact that you are anger at Col. Patel and her mutiny you have to sense something is off. I appeal to your sense of loyalty to the General to listen to me. Something isn't right! The Mi-Go have effected your colleagues." Turns and once again looks at the lead Mi-Go before looking back at the Major.

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:46 am
by Mr. Handy
"Even if what you are saying is so-" replied Natalia, "and I'm not convinced that it is, not without scientific proof - could you really blame the Mi-Go? Look at it from their perspective. We've invaded their planet, wounded and captured one of them, and then General Pryce snapped and tried to kill it. If they have the power to control his mind, why not use it? Why shouldn't they compel us to leave as they demand using all means at their disposal? This way they can do it with a minimum of bloodshed. The alternative would mean that we would all die, and a lot of them would die as well. And think about future relations between Earth and the Mi-Go. If this ends badly, there could be war. If it ends well, we can have peace, and perhaps even an exchange of knowledge."

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:02 pm
by ImpInTraining
"By the gods!" Lucius says to Brook. "Did you hear that? They're in our heads! THEY'RE IN OUR HEADS!" The Roman throws his hands over his ears and runs over to a wall to start pounding his head against it. "Get OUT of my HEAD!" he insists.

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:55 pm
by yockenthwaite
"But they didn't just possibly try to control the General's mind," says Elizabeth, stepping forward, and looking apologetically at Story, knowing he will be concerned about her coming out of her safe position. "After the General attacked the Mi-Go - which I agree he should not have done, but he lost control and was not acting rationally - we all heard a strange buzzing noise, and felt a wave of calm sweeping over the room. Some people reacted differently from others. How can we be sure that sort of power is not being used now? And if it is being used how can the humans on this base be making decisions in their own right?"

Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:58 am
by Mr. Handy
"We cannot second guess ourselves or each other," said Natalia. "If we cannot trust each other, we are doomed to failure. We need proof, scientific analysis. I felt their calming power too, and I think that buzzing noise is related to it. My hypothesis is that the sound may also operate on frequencies that we cannot hear, but it would require testing to bear it out. I think we would all feel it if we were affected again, though."
OOC,[b]Lucius[/b], I don't know if you noticed at the bottom of Page 5, but I said that you are no longer temporarily insane.

Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:44 pm
by ImpInTraining
ooc,Oh yeah... I did miss that. Should I retcon my last post or just let it go with the flow?
Lucius removed stood up and straightened his suit, adjusting the helmet ever so slightly, and then looked around. Clearly any hopes he had of remaining hidden were gone now. He had gone and acted like a child fleeing in terror again. He wished there was some way to help him regain a firm grasp on his mind. Ever since their trip to London and the interaction with the ghouls and cultists there, he felt his sanity slipping through his grasp, and it was steadily getting worse.

If the Mi-Go had powers of mind control, perhaps they could help him?

He slowly approached the strange insectoid creatures and tried to figure out what they most looked like. Pincher claws like a crab, wings like a bee, and a head ... he wasn't quite sure what to make of the head. Like a couple coconuts with finger-stalks sticking up all over. He didn't want to interrupt the others in their business, so he approached one that didn't look like it was too preoccupied and said, "Well met." He laughed and shook his head, "I suppose it could have been better, but it is not too late to make the best of a bad thing. Yes?"

Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:34 pm
by Thorn
Brook gasps as Lucius darts off and starts banging his head against the wall, but is even more surprised when he seems to calm down and approaches one of the Mi-Go. She shakes her head a little, wondering about all the mind control talk, smiling a little at Story's Star Wars reference, and tries to think of anything helpful. At all.

Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:46 am
by Mr. Handy
"I too hope that it izzz not too late for peazzze between the Mi-Go and the humanzzz," the Mi-Go replied to Lucius. "We have learned that humanzzz react irrationally around uzzz. Thizzz izzz why we avoided contact with thizzz bazzze until you humanzzz found uzzz."
OOC,Just let it go. [b]Lucius[/b] didn't actually hit his head against the wall, so there's no harm done. [b]Brook[/b] (and anyone else) may roll Idea.

Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:28 pm
by Thorn

Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:52 pm
by ImpInTraining
Idea - success!,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3450380/]Idea (80%) (1d100=46)[/url]
Lucius nodded, "I don't think it's too late, but I understand your precautions." He leaned in slightly and said, "Listen... if you folks have advanced medical capabilities, is there anything you can do for my mind? I haven't quite been the same since I left my time."

Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:51 pm
by yockenthwaite
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3450620/]Rolling Idea (stat 65%) not long after Mi-Go approach base (1d100=93)[/url]

Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:26 am
by Mr. Handy
"Yezzz," said the Mi-Go. "Our zzzurgical techniquezzz are very advanzzzed, and we are ezzpezzzially zzzkilled in brain zzzurgery." The Mi-Go refocused its attention on Lucius. "Left your time? When izzz your time, and how izzz it that you have traveled in time?"
Lucius Verres/Brook Davies,Clearly any hostile action against the Mi-Go would be disastrous at this point, and letting the Mi-Go tinker inside [b]Lucius[/b]'s head seemed like an extremely bad idea. There was also another danger. The Mi-Go could very well try to compel the TARDIS crew to board the spaceships with their fellow humans. Getting to the TARDIS might prove difficult as well, but drawing attention to it - or to time travel - might not be a good thing.

Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:58 am
by Thorn
Brook moves over to the Mi-Go talking ot Lucius. "It's an Earth saying," she says. "We left Earth and our time there, meaning our lives there. And space travel is quite new to Lucius. I don't think he'll need any surgery." She tries to motion Lucius to come away from the Mi-Go and over to Story.

Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:57 am
by ImpInTraining
"We can't be too sure," Lucius counters Brook, as she drags him away by the elbow and has a small hushed debate over what they both had realized. Throwing up his hands, the Roman decided to drop the subject, but he wasn't happy about it. He knew his mental state was fragile, and could be any little thing might dump him off the deep end.

Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:15 am
by jaysun81
Story turns away from the Major and walks over to Brook and Lucius mumbling to himself. "Strange buzzing sound. Pacification. Telepathy. Emotionless, mechanical response. Hmmm." Looks up at Brook and Lucius and moves them to the entrance of the inner airlock. "I've got a bad feeling about this." Once they have reached it Story leans close to them. "We have to somehow convince the Major that the Mi-Go are not what they seem. Perhaps if one of us can get to Captain Bauer we can convince her of the need to relieve Lt. Col. Bruce on medical grounds...after all, he was undoubtedly examined and probed." Looks at Brook then Lucius. "Any suggestions?"

Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:58 am
by Thorn
Brok thinks. "We need to convice dr. Bauer to examine him. Which she should, considering he's been in the Mi-Go city central. He could've picked up any number of VDs, with the probing and all." She stifles a short giggle. "Sorry..."

Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:36 am
by Lynx
Juliette feels restless, disarms the weaponssystem, and gets up.
Idea roll success,idea 65, roll 63 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3452171/
She needs to get out of this dockingbay, with Major Orlova so keen on taking out Patel, Her senior chief will need som help in this. Even though she gets a queezy feeling this is just what the Mi-goo wants. splitting them up. getting them to fight among themselves.
She walks over to the airlock enters and opens the outer door. She is heading for the inside of the module. She feels she needs top be there, and as far away from this things as possible.

Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:22 pm
by yockenthwaite
Elizabeth sees Story go over to her fellow TARDIS companions, and follows him, going to stand beside all three.

Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:04 am
by jaysun81
As Elizabeth approaches Story notices Juliette entering the airlock. "Brook, you and Elizabeth follow her... you have to get to Captain Bauer and convince her that Bruce has to be medically relieved." Looks at Lucius. "Lucius perhaps you will stay here with me? That way if the Mi-Go try something there is one more warrior present." Smiles.

Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:31 am
by ImpInTraining
"Warrior? I nearly messed my trousers just a few minutes ago," Lucius stated. "But yes, perhaps you're right. I hadn't had much luck convincing anyone of anything lately." He looked back at the Mi-Go and asked Story, "Are you sure they can't do something about my mind? I'm not quite as well as I used to be. Seems the littlest things set me off sometimes."

Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:34 am
by Mr. Handy
Juliette Desjardins,[b]Juliette[/b] knew that hostile action against the Mi-Go would be disastrous at this point, though [b]Colonel Patel[/b] had mentioned having an ace in the hole that might be able to even up the odds. Contacting [b]Captain Bauer[/b] seemed like a good idea to her, as she must have helped the colonel remove [b]General Pryce[/b] from command in the first place.

Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:55 am
by Lynx
Juliette looks towards the others. She then notices that they are heading for the airlock, and she is not one to leave anyone in the grasps of the Mi-goo. She halts the door. "You lot coming?", she says over the helmets intercom. "I'm heading for Captain Bauers. Needs a little chat with her. Think I need a doctors view on the present situation. Cela est d'autant un tel gâchis " The latter in french is said with exasperation.
french translation,This is all such a mess

Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:15 pm
by jaysun81
Looks at Lucius sympathetically. "You're right my friend... you have indeed been through a lot recently." Looks at the Mi-Go before looking back at the airlock. "They're not going anywhere fast. Perhaps we should all go see the good Captain." Follow Juliette into the airlock.

Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:47 pm
by ImpInTraining
"We're not going to leave them here alone, are we?" Lucius asked. "Why don't I look after the visitors and I cans come and get you is they seem to be doing anything suspicious? You to can convince the doctor without my help."

Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:00 pm
by Thorn
Brook glances from Lucius to Story. "Probably shouldn't give them one more mind to play with..." She follows Juliette as well.

Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:02 pm
by Lynx
"They will not be alone.," Juliette said. "Major Orlova is still here and can hold the fort." Juliette was eager to go. And there was a timbre of impatience in her voice. "Or you could all argue inside the station? While I go to see the doctor?"

Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:52 pm
by yockenthwaite
"I think we're all now heading in the same direction," says Elizabeth to Juliette, as she follows her. "No need for any more delay."

Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:47 pm
by jaysun81
Looks at Juliette "Quite right Captain, quite right. Now more than ever Lucius I think it's best if we all stick together." Follows after Juliette, Brook, and Elizabeth.

Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:53 am
by ImpInTraining
Lucius shrugged, "As you wish."
OOC,thing I'm worried about is another Sanity check after we leave them for a while, then interact with them again. If Lucius stuck with them, he wouldn't have to make another sanity check later... Because he is likely to fail it, and he really can't afford to fail another sanity check. It will drive him insane again...

Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:19 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Lucius[/b], there's no need to worry on that score. You wouldn't have to make another Sanity roll for seeing these particular Mi-Go again if you leave and come back under any circumstances. In addition, you've already lost the maximum Sanity from seeing them the first time, which means that unless the adventure goes on much, much longer in game time than I expect, you won't have to roll Sanity again for seeing [i]any[/i] Mi-Go. If anything, you should be glad not to be around them. Other sources of Sanity loss can still affect you, however. Your Sanity isn't [i]that[/i] low, anyway. Heather in Reboot has less than half of that. :P [b]Alison[/b] and [b]Robert[/b] are moving to the thread linked below.
The Hunt Begins
OOC,[b]Xiang[/b], [b]Sofia[/b], and [b]George[/b] are moving to the thread linked below.
Holding Pattern
OOC,Everyone else is moving to the thread linked below.
Back Inside