[open for new players]

Moderator: Dave Syrinx

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Information and character updates for Vertical Run

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Here, the twists and turns of the surviving characters are made.
Welcome to the sceond part of the scenario!

More information on June 1st. September 1st, 2012.

That´s it keep your heads down, and you´ll be alright!
/Dave
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Re: Character updates for Vertical Run

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Twenty years into the future, The Walking Dead squad find themselves in the asphalt jungle. What once had been, is no more. Once a soldier, the men from Keh Sanh are in the rat race for money and fame.

To manage to shake the experiences from the real world, to run from the nightmares, life goes ever on.

December 11, 1988

Keeper/Players: To determine where and what the squad members are at 1988. Regarding Vietnam, the jungle will be revisited if the characters play it that way.
You all will have 1d100 skill points per ten year period to spend as you feel fit. You may also choose a secondary career. And update your bios to reflect the added life span.

I hope I didn´t ambush you with this. What happened in Vietnam didn´t stay in ´Nam.
This is not Vegas, it´s the stone jungle of Manhattan.
I will keep updating the Vietnam chapter so everything is clear on how it ends.

/Dave
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Re: Character updates for Vertical Run

Post by Dave Syrinx »

After this post, please put your edited bio and character details. If you find a suitable character picture 20years plus, add that to.
As the summer break closes in, I´ll have more time at my hands and will be able to update more frequently.
TVblog

Pickman37
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 12 years 4 months

Re: Information and character updates for Vertical Run

Post by Pickman37 »

Name: Tobias Berkowitz
Birthplace: New York City, NY
Height: 5' 8"
Weight: 180 lbs.
Player Name: Pickman37

CHARACTERISTIC ADJUSTMENTS FROM 1968 TOBIAS IN BRACKETS:
STR: 13 CON: 13 (-1) SIZ: 10 INT: 16 POW: 13 DEX: 16 APP: 10 EDU: 17(+2)
Damage Modifier: None

HIT POINTS
Total: 12
Current: 12

IDEA:80 KNOW:85 LUCK:65

POWER POINTS: 13

SANITY POINTS
Original: 65
Current: 65

SKILLS:
ADDITIONAL SKILL POINTS FROM THE LAST TWO DECADES
COMBAT SKILLS,Direct fire 55% Indirect fire 25% Hand-to-hand 55%
NON-COMBAT SKILLS,Stealth 55% Camouflage 30% Demolitions 55% Civility 30%
REGULAR SKILLS (New skills and additions to old skills in bold; Red additions are EDU based improvements with age [+40])
Accounting (Base 10%) 20%
Bargain (Base 5%) (+20% +30%) 55%
Fast Talk 15% (+15% +10%) 40%
First Aid 60%
Law (Base 5%) 20%
Listen 40%
Mechanical Repair 50%
Own Language - English (Base 75%) 85%
Persuade 35% (+19%) 54%
Psychology (Base 5%) 25%
Spot Hidden 40%
Track 40%
WEAPON SPECIFIC SKILLS,Rifle 25% Handgun 50% Fist 50% Grapple 25% Kick 25% Dodge 22%[b]
Post-Vietnam Background[/b]: Upon returning from the war, Tobias elected to attend the Connecticut School of Broadcasting to pursue a career in television media; his previous dream of becoming a doctor had been stifled by the horrors of war. During this time, he married Myra Bluthe and in 1975 and '76 respectively, they had two children: Jacob and Herschel. After completion of his schooling, Tobias managed to only find jobs in television productions behind-the-scenes, acting in such roles as Runner, Grip and Boom Operator, to name just a few of the jobs he performed.

In 1981, on the set of Magnum P.I., he met Publicist Allan Rockford. Becoming friends, it was through Allan that Tobias learned that the Knox, Gillis and Partners Talent Agency was looking for fresh blood. Armed with Allan's reference, Tobias managed to gain employment with the firm and set upon a career as a talent agent. This would prove costly for Tobias' personal life. In 1986, Myra filed for divorce and custody of the kids citing irreconcilable differences. The marriage was already strained by the travel involved in Tobias' former career in television production but his new career as a talent agent saw him involved with the free-wheeling New York nightlife of the rich and famous. Myra won and moved upstate. Tobias received time with the boys for a weekend once a month, due to his employment demands, and a sizable chunk of his pay cheque went to support payments.

As for his parents, his choice to become a talent agent also strained that relationship. Tobias saw them as old-fashioned. They supported his choice to go into broadcasting, although half-heartedly, as they firmly believed he should have become a doctor. However, once he became a talent agent and all that comes with that, they disapproved. They still reside in the upstairs apartment of the hardware store but have long since retired. Tobias has maintained minimal contact with them. He does continue to maintain contact with his younger brother, Aaron (b.1970).

Tobias rents a modest apartment in New York's Upper West Side but finances are strained. He works on commission and represents a large number of Broadway performers and B-list actors. He is attempting to land a big fish, hence his presence at many events and galas hosted around the city. However, these events, and the subsequent partying, have taken a toll on Tobias' constitution. Tobias still has many of the noble attributes he possessed before but is a little lost at this phase of his life...
Last edited by Pickman37 on Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3550293/

Of course, now I roll a 1. Well, that bites. I have all of 20 skill points to spend.

Does our EDU also increase by 2 for the intervening 20 years (thus giving us each an additional 40 occupational skill points?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Yes, the two extra EDU will count in as well. (And lower one phys stat by one due to age.) I guess the low score of skill points has something to do with post traumatic stress or something. And old habits might die hard and such. There are always the chance to gain some extra skill raise at the end of the Going in- chapter.

Pickman37, do add the EDU+2 skill points as well.

/ Dave
TVblog

Pickman37
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Pickman37 »

So I should add two more EDU points? I already added 2 for additional education. Considering what Mr. Handy mentioned, does this give us additional skill points to use? My rolls were decent but I won't turn down more skill points... ;)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Yes, we get 40 occupational skill points from the +2 EDU. Also, Know and Own Language will increase by 10 each.

I thought aging penalties don't kick in until you hit 50. On page 36 of the rulebook, it says that you lose one point in a physical stat for every ten years above age 40.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

I´m taking in consideration that a hard life might take a toll on the body of an ex-soldier. That and possible drug abuse. Plus feeling that I myself is not as fit as when 18... So, I´m taking some liberties by stepping away from the rules.

/Dave
TVblog

Pickman37
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Pickman37 »

I believe Tobias in '88 is done. I added the 40 Skill Points from EDU. I didn't ramp up my EDU anymore as I had done that originally and figured that he would be ridiculously over-educated (No offense to the Connecticut School of Broadcasting but EDU 19 seemed high and I was already up there a bit). As for my CON drop before age 50, I chose to do that to reflect my hard partying with the '80s NYC 'Glitterati' and would have dropped one off STR as well but I won't push it :D Think I'm good to go!
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Looks great, now let´s head back to the jungle and attempt to get the squad out of there.
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Update-

I will put this as a new game and post for new players. As of now, we have Mr.H and P-37 on board and the Vietnam intro is coming to an end.
I will edit the scenario briefing and archive the Eyes of Doom as a pre-game scenario.

Handy, did you decide on what to improve for your 1980´s character?
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'd been meaning to, but I haven't done it yet. I should be able to either later tonight or tomorrow.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'm sorry, but I won't have time to update my character tonight or tomorrow night. I'll try to get it done as soon as possible.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Sure, no problem.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

PERSONAL INFORMATION

Name: Eric Whitehouse
Birthplace: St. Louis, MO
Height: 6' 10"
Weight: 225 lbs.

Player Name: Played by Mr Handy

In progress
Spoiler:
STR_15__ CON_13___ SIZ_17__ INT_13__ POW__10__ DEX__10__ APP_11 -1 (10)__ EDU_12 +2 (14)__

Damage Modifier:__+1d4__

HIT POINTS
Total:________15________

Current:______15_______

IDEA: (INTx5%) __65__ KNOW: (EDUx5%) ___70___ LUCK: (POWx5%) __50___

POWER POINTS:____10____

SANITY POINTS
Original;____50____

Current:____50____

Individual permission only
Spoiler:
SKILLS

COMBAT SKILLS
Direct fire 25%
Hand-to-hand 55%
Fist 60%
Kick 21%
NON COMBAT SKILLS
Command 5%
.Stealth 40%
.Camouflage 40%
.Alertness 35%
Observation 35%
Communications 25%

REGULAR SKILLS
Climb 60%
First Aid 60%
Hide 10%
Jump 45%
Listen 55%
Mechanical Repair 20%
Sneak 10%
.Spot Hidden 55%

WEAPON SPECIFIC SKILLS

Rifle 85%
Axe 40%

Dodge 16%
After he returned from Vietnam, Eric didn't know what to do with himself at first. He tried writing his memoirs, but they didn't sell very well. Eventually, he decided to become a firefighter out of a desire to protect people and to channel the heroic energy he had felt during the war that now had no outlet. He moved to New York in 1970 and joined the FDNY, where he has remained ever since.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Skärmavbild 2016-06-29 kl. 09.42.07.png
TVblog

Return to “Vertical Run - in motion”