IC: Perception [Everyone]

There are things that exist outside the range of human perceptions; things known only to those terrible beings who dwell between the stars and beneath the earth. We have always passed by them without notice. They have always extended us the same courtesy. And those unfortunate few who have seen, and have been seen? We call them mad.

But they have merely awakened a higher form of sight.

It is the Spring of 1928 in Arkham. And people all over Southside are waking up, setting the stage for the rise of an ancient power.

Moderator: Kadael

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC: Perception [Brewster/Jean/Genevieve/Henry]

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Please, Miss, there's no reason to be rude," says Henry. He holds out his hand to the man in white. "That's good to hear. I'm Professor Henry Witherspoon. And you are?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Post by Kadael »

"My name is Lucius," says the stranger as he politely shakes Henry's hand. "I don't work at the Sanitarium, no, but I have a relationship with the staff there."
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

"Relationship?' asks Jenevieve, about as sharply as she intended.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Pleased to meet you, Lucius," says Henry. "I was wondering how that fellow managed to get loose in the first place."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Re: IC: Perception [Everyone]

Post by Kadael »

Peter Walton and Jacob Vrees come onto the scene. Several passing students pause and give odd looks to the group gathered outside the Physics Department, but aren't curious enough to stop and inquire.
Peter and Dutch,There are two people here who weren't present earlier in the morning. One is a dark-haired young woman [b](Genevieve)[/b], who would be quite pretty were it not for the expression of disgust on her face. The target of her loathing is a tall white man [b](Lucius)[/b], with glass-green eyes and a spotless white suit. You do not know this man, but the moment you see his face you feel strangely relaxed. He seems so friendly and so very charming. Roll a POW x 5; if you succeed, proceed as normal. If you fail, you begin to feel in awe of him. At this point, if you fail a POW x 4 check, you feel compelled to bow before him.
Lucius nods at Genevieve, his smile unflinching. "Yes, I often visit Dr. Hardstrom, as well as many of the patients. It's a shame that so many of them seem to come from Southside. I've been doing a lot of work in that part of the city recently."
Brewster,You're not exactly the sociable sort, but you're fairly sure you'd have noticed this man prancing around Southside at some point. You've never seen him before in your life.
Jean catches sight of Jacob and smiles. "Ah, Detective. I was wondering whether I'd need to come track you down."

At this, Lucius turns to face the two men properly. "Well, this group is certainly popular. Hello there." He gives a soft, good-natured laugh.
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Henry nods to the new arrivals in greeting. "Good morning, gentlemen," he says.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by royya »

Peter walks over.
Hello Professor Witherspoon. We were looking for your help.
Peter, the librarian and the asian linguistic student says. Professor Witherspoon remember Peter from the time Peter helped him to decipher an old chinese stellar map.
He waits for the Dutch to introduce himself before continuing.
OOC:   POWX5 roll. 1d100=12  
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Captain Impossible
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 12 years 3 months

Post by Captain Impossible »

"I'm hard to miss in a crowd, Miss Ross," Dutch says. "Professor Witherspoon? I'm Detective Vrees, with the Arkham Police Department. I was told you witnessed the incident earlier today."

The detective's eyes sweep across the group. Most of them he can recognize or ascertain are witnesses to Farr's stroll through the campus. Probably swapping stories and comforting each other. One of them, however, he can't place. The blond gentleman with an aura of easy likability. However, Dutch has spent enough time on the force to not put faith in a stranger's outward appearance, even one as pleasant and respectable as the man in front of him.

"So, Lucius is it? Exactly what sort of work do you do in Southside that's so popular these days?" Dutch has nothing against the man, but if he's some sort of kook looking to hear grisly details or a snake oil salesman looking for a mark, the hardboiled act usually chases them off.

OOC:   POW x 5 Roll: 50  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Hello," says Henry. "Yes, I witnessed the incident. How can I help you gentlemen?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

"Public works," says Lucius. "Mayor Peabody is making good on his promises, don't let anyone tell you differently. I've been supervising and managing the improvement of Walnut Street, mostly."
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Professor Witherspoon, if you may...
Peter says and motions Henry to the side as he don't want the others to hear.
Henry,Professor, Me and the detective were onto something. We found that Mr. Farr, the lunatic that were here in the morning saw something that troubled him greatly on his personal telescope, what it was is unknown to me but I wrote down the coordinates of the telescope and the hour he was loosing it. You, as a professionalphysics professor may know how to help us.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Henry nods.
Peter,[color=brown]"Yes, I can certainly help you there,"[/color] he says. [color=brown]"Astronomy is one of my interests and fields of study. If you have the Right Ascension and Declination coordinates, I can find that spot in the sky at the appropriate hour."[/color]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dr.West
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years 5 months

Post by Dr.West »

Brewster greeted the librarian and detective with his usual grunt and nod, his attention held by the pale stranger. He was wary of the man's agreeable formality and charm, especially after seeing how most of the group took so easily to him. Even the professor seemed beguiled by this stranger. Only the young grad student, Ms. Carrington, had kept her head, and Brewster was enjoying the frank, suspicious manner she chose to take with the man. Those who try so hard to seem innocent often have the most to hide, he reflected.

It bothered him even more that the man claimed to work regularly in Southside, Walnut Street specifically, he'd told the detective. Brewster wasn't exactly the social type, but he was damn sure he'd remember this fellow from the area, especially if he dressed like he was now. He did get out, and their line of work was similar.

Mulling over his own suspicions, he decided to keep to himself and let the detective do the probing. He'd become quite keen at listening inconspicuously on the conversations he wished, thanks to his years around campus. People would be surprised at the amount of information, or gossip, an ancillary figure like himself could gather just by listening.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Thanks you professor.
Peter says to HEnry and walks back to Dutch.
Professor Witherspoon will help us.
Captain Impossible
Initiate
Initiate

"Civic improvement. Always a noble end, Lucius..." Vrees says, "I'm sorry, I did not get your last name, nor your position in City Hall. I am a bit of a stickler. A useful trait in my profession, Lucius...?"
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

"Carlisle. Lucius Carlisle." He gives Dutch a curious stare. "You certainly do ask a lot of questions! Arkham's police force could use more people like you. You're looking into the Farr incident, aren't you?"

He grins. His teeth are very white. "Did you consider there might not be much to look into? Lunatics are a simple fact of life. Mr. Farr is safe and sound in the Sanitarium. I could even show you."
Captain Impossible
Initiate
Initiate

"Maybe so, Mr. Carlisle," the detective responds. "But the public good demands that all possibilities be examined and accepted or ruled out. What one man would consider a open and shut case, another might view as inadequate. Add one person with a suspicious mind and a loud voice, and conspiracies start to pop up. Better that the facts remain in the scope of reasoned authority than fantasists. As for the offer to see Mr. Farr, I'll leave it to the doctors to determine his safety." Dutch tries to remember if he's heard of Mr. Carlisle before.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Dutch,[b]Why dont you want to visit Mr. Farr?[/b] Peter whispers to Dutch [b]That would crack the case, right?[/b] [i]Wow, visiting the asylum. that would be cool.[/i] Peter thinks to himself
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

"I'd like to see this, Mr. Farr," says Genevieve despite herself. Why did I just ask that? What is it about this man that makes me doubt his every word?
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Captain Impossible
Initiate
Initiate

"In time, Mr. Carlisle," the detective says. "However, I need to interview witnesses without interruption," Dutch says. "I'm sure you will appreciate the need for me to interview the witnesses in private."

Return to “In a Different Light”