IC: Perception [Everyone]

There are things that exist outside the range of human perceptions; things known only to those terrible beings who dwell between the stars and beneath the earth. We have always passed by them without notice. They have always extended us the same courtesy. And those unfortunate few who have seen, and have been seen? We call them mad.

But they have merely awakened a higher form of sight.

It is the Spring of 1928 in Arkham. And people all over Southside are waking up, setting the stage for the rise of an ancient power.

Moderator: Kadael

Kadael
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Re: IC: Perception [Everyone]

Post by Kadael »

Lucius turns his smiling glass-green eyes towards Genevieve for a moment. "Would you? I'm not sure a good young lady like you should be seeing that sort of thing any more than she has to. I suppose I could take you to see him..."

He trails off and looks back to Dutch. "Of course, Detective. I shouldn't linger here much longer anyway. There is always much to do."
Dutch,You've never heard of a [b]Lucius Carlisle[/b] living in Arkham. You don't even think you've heard of anybody around here with his last name.
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by royya »

I don't like that man
Peter whispers to Prof. Witherspoon, nodding to the Lucius guy
We can't let her go with him, we must join her.
Peter don't say anything to Dutch as he don't want the stranger to hear him.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Captain Impossible
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 12 years 3 months

Post by Captain Impossible »

The detective tips his hat to Lucius, waiting for him to leave before addressing the witnesses. "Professor, I was wondering if we could take a look at some telescope coordinates, " Dutch says, not entirely skilled with the proper astronomical terms.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Of course, Detective," says Henry, "I'd be happy to help you. Of course, we'll have to wait until nightfall. We're not going to see anything during the daytime."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

"Of course I will want to see this Mr. Farr," says Genevieve a little tersely.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by royya »

Miss...
Peter address Genevieve.
I think you better not visit that man alone. I'm willing to join you and I hop the detective and the professor will come as well.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"If you like," says Genevieve, trying not to reveal her relief behind a veil of casual disinterest.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

OOC,It looks like Genevieve and Peter are going to the Sanitarium, and everyone else is staying here. If no one would prefer to be somewhere else, I'll split the party accordingly.
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'd be willing to see Mr. Farr as well," says Henry, looking at Dutch. "You'd want to talk to him, I'm sure, and I can answer any questions you have about astronomy on the way."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Captain Impossible
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 12 years 3 months

Post by Captain Impossible »

"It's generally considered bad form to have witnesses interacting in a situation like Mr. Farr's before talking with them," Dutch says, trying to calm down the situation. "And despite what Mr. Carlisle said, I don't think the asylum appreciates unannounced field trips to view its catch of the day. I'm certain I can arrange for a visit through proper channels."
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

"I'm quite sure Dr. Hardstrom wouldn't mind," says Lucius, "but I would hate to interfere with your good work, Detective. I'll gladly leave you to talk with the witnesses here."

He raises an eyebrow at Genevieve. "Ah, but Miss... are you a witness to what occurred?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"No," said Genevieve. "No, I'm not." She turns to the detective. "What crime took place here, anyway? I thought a man came out, self-mutilated himself, and was sent back to the asylum?"

Return to “In a Different Light”