IC: Perception [Everyone]

There are things that exist outside the range of human perceptions; things known only to those terrible beings who dwell between the stars and beneath the earth. We have always passed by them without notice. They have always extended us the same courtesy. And those unfortunate few who have seen, and have been seen? We call them mad.

But they have merely awakened a higher form of sight.

It is the Spring of 1928 in Arkham. And people all over Southside are waking up, setting the stage for the rise of an ancient power.

Moderator: Kadael

Kadael
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Re: IC: Perception [Brewster/Jean/Genevieve]

Post by Kadael »

Jean nods at Brewster and looks back at Genevieve. "That's the long and short of it, although I didn't personally see him looking at things. How strange." She taps her chin thoughtfully. "Are you sure it wasn't coincidence?"
OOC,No trouble, sir. Jean isn't player-controlled at the moment so don't worry about stepping on her toes.
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

Genevieve looks thoughtful. "Poor fellow."
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

"Yes, poor fellow indeed. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it myself." Jean thinks a moment, then takes a step toward Genevieve, towering over her somewhat as she's a rather tall woman. "And in all the confusion I must have forgotten my manners. I'm Jean Ross."
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Genevieve," she says primly. "What happened to the poor patient after, do you know? Were the orderlies from Arkham Asylum?"

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

"I saw what I saw, and if you don't believe me you can ask any of those upstanding academics that were hanging around here," snaps Brewster. "He was staring at us, and at that butterfly, clear as day." He grumbles and assesses the window. Professor Henry Witherspoon has evidently finished his lecture and is heading out of the room.

"You have to understand, it seems impossible," Jean replies, wrinkling her brow. She turns back to Genevieve with a small sigh. "I left the scene briefly to chase after a police detective, so I didn't see everything. But I did see an ambulance leaving when I was heading back. I can only assume he was inside it. Hopefully he didn't escape this one."

"They said they were taking him to the nuthouse," Brewster grunts, "and he had better not have gotten out again." He starts muttering about no-good straitjackets and ambulance drivers, looking frightened along with his obvious irritation.

It is here that Professor Witherspoon strolls up to join the group.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC: Perception [Brewster/Jean/Genevieve/Henry]

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Good morning, ladies," says Henry as he walks up, then he nods to Brewster. "Sir."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Genevieve turns her prim smile onto the new gentleman. He seemed like an obvious academic, perhaps even a professor. Why couldn't a handsome man ever walk up at a time like this?

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Ahem. [b]Henry[/b] [i]does[/i] have a 13 APP. ;)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

"Good morning, again," says Jean pleasantly. "What brings you back out here?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"My lecture just finished, and I noticed you outside the window," he says. "I remembered seeing you earlier during the...incident, and I wondered if you might like to talk about it."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

"Really? Have we been talking here for so long?" Jean raises an eyebrow and looks into the empty lecture hall. "Hmm. Well, we've been discussing the incident ourselves. Can you, as they say, corroborate the groundskeeper's story? He says the grisly gentleman was looking at things, despite having no eyes."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, it looked that way to me too,' says Henry. "I don't have an explanation yet, but I know there must be one. I was just talking about the unusual properties of light that seem to defy reason, but this seems even stranger."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Unusual properties of light?" says Jean incredulously.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Oh, yes, it's fascinating," says Henry, clearly interested in the subject. "You see, light exhibits properties of waves and particles, but not of both at once. Experiments have shown that which one actually depends upon whether or not the light is being observed."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

"Excuse me," says a soft voice. Its owner is reflected faintly in the window glass: a tall white man, angelically handsome, with short blond hair and a curious expression on his face. His suit is crisp, white, and so spotless it almost seems to shine in the sunlight. "I'm wondering why there's such an odd crowd gathered here?"
Genevieve,You do not know this man, but the very sight of him fills you with a deep and intense hatred. You feel an inexplicable urge to, at the very least, turn around and slap him hard across the face--but you are capable of choosing not to.
Everyone else,You do not know this man, but the moment you hear his voice you feel strangely relaxed. He seems so friendly and so very charming. Roll a POW x 5; if you succeed, proceed as normal. If you fail, you begin to feel in awe of him. At this point, if you fail a POW x 4 check, you feel compelled to bow before him.
Jean turns around and looks the man up and down. "And what do you mean by that?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You haven't heard what happened here earlier this morning, sir?" asks Henry, in awe of this stranger. He is about to bow, but he stops himself at the last second.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dr.West
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years 5 months

Post by Dr.West »

Brewster looks the man in the immaculate white suit over, impressed by the neatness of his appearance, but he's seen plenty of fancy outfits around campus before. The educated types had a fondness for extravagant dress like that, and Brewster remained impartial to the man, interested more by his curiosity at the event.

He was happy to have Professor Witherspoon's perspective, smart as he was, and maybe this odd stranger could offer more to their mystery?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Genevieve recoils, a look of pure loathing flashing across her eyes, lip curling in a sneer. "And why do you need to know, hmm? You must be very busy approaching every gathering of folks at a university. Or are you used to living in a hermitage and are shocked by the sight of so many people?"

Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

"I apologize if I've offended, I should have spoken more carefully." The stranger smiles gently at Genevieve. "I only meant that I don't think you're all students, and this isn't the first place I'd expect to see such a group. But if you're discussing the ghastly incident caused by one Mr. Farr? Suddenly it makes sense why you'd all be here."

He turns to look Henry deep in the eyes. "So yes. I have heard. It started last night, and was in this morning's Advertiser. And I can assure you that now, Mr. Farr is safe and sound in the Sanitarium, and there is no need to worry."
Henry,His voice is very soothing. Everything is going to be okay. Why is that young lady [b]Genevieve[/b] being so nasty to him? You can't fathom it. (This is a temporary effect that will last until the man leaves. You feel very calm and relaxed, and this man is the finest company you've ever had.)
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Well, forgive me, but you haven't introduced yourself." Genevieve sounds like she's interested in anything but forgiveness. "Do you work at the sanitarium?"

Return to “In a Different Light”