IC: A View of the Water [Jean Ross]

There are things that exist outside the range of human perceptions; things known only to those terrible beings who dwell between the stars and beneath the earth. We have always passed by them without notice. They have always extended us the same courtesy. And those unfortunate few who have seen, and have been seen? We call them mad.

But they have merely awakened a higher form of sight.

It is the Spring of 1928 in Arkham. And people all over Southside are waking up, setting the stage for the rise of an ancient power.

Moderator: Kadael

Kadael
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Re: IC: A View of the Water [Jean Ross]

Post by Kadael »

They're all clearly gathered around one person - a man sitting on the grass, his head turned away from her. The assessment of "crazy" is likely correct - he's wearing a torn, broken straitjacket.
Jean,Move to the following thread: [url=http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=224&t=3194&p=128180#p128180]Perception[/url] Do not read any posts above the one you've been linked to.
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

Now that Dutch is gone, Jean finds herself standing next to an overturned trash can on an empty street.

Well, empty isn't the right word. The scene is littered with all sorts of garbage.
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by Tabs »

Feet together, elbows tucked in, hands clasped under her chin, Jean twists her body round, looking at the garbage.
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

It is very unpleasant to look at.
Jean,Roll Spot Hidden.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Spot Hidden,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3541927/]Spot Hidden (garbage): base 25 +25 =50% (1d100=56)[/url]
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

It's an assortment of disgusting household garbage, with no distinguishing features other than the fact that someone threw away a perfectly good piece of pie.

Well, it was perfectly good.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Jean coughs "ahem," and kicks the piece of pie with the toe of her shoe.
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

The pie splats against a garden trowel lying among the garbage.

Up the street, outside the University, Jean can see the silhouette of a large vehicle - the ambulance?
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Jean performs a gliding motion with her foot, wiping any pastry off of her toe upon the grass. She straightens the strap of her bag, and then proceeds to the ambulance.
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

There are two new additions to the crowd: the uniformed driver and passenger of the ambulance.
Jean,Return to the following thread: [url=http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=224&t=3194&p=130180#p130180]Perception[/url]

Return to “In a Different Light”