IC: Returning to Darkness [Genevieve Carrington]

There are things that exist outside the range of human perceptions; things known only to those terrible beings who dwell between the stars and beneath the earth. We have always passed by them without notice. They have always extended us the same courtesy. And those unfortunate few who have seen, and have been seen? We call them mad.

But they have merely awakened a higher form of sight.

It is the Spring of 1928 in Arkham. And people all over Southside are waking up, setting the stage for the rise of an ancient power.

Moderator: Kadael

Pickman37
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 12 years 4 months

Re: IC: Returning to Darkness [Genevieve Carrington]

Post by Pickman37 »

Genevieve considers what Eliza passes on but can't decide if this is important. She has no knowledge of Astronomy and what she does know...that there is no constellation named 'Judith'...forces her to weigh her options...

Small wonder. She is under but I need her to be calm. I need to leave her or place her somewhere where she can be calm...

Genevieve is pleased with her accomplishment, the hypnotism of a relatively sedate hysteric, but needs to investigate this claim....but in her mind, this seems to be the story of some escaped mental patient. If she could calm Eliza, she could get to campus and maybe get some additional information but, in her mind, this is just a random occurrence...

"Eliza, you have done well and realize where you're at. You're safe and no one can hurt you..."Genevieve gently plies. "I need you to decide on a safe haven. You' re a student away from family. Can you stay here and relax or do you need to accompany me? I'll be going places you may not want to attend...."
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Post by Kadael »

Eliza chews on her lip for a moment, weighing her options. Her teeth are small, like a child's. "...I want to stay with you. You'll keep me safe..."
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Pickman37
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 12 years 4 months

Post by Pickman37 »

"O.K. Eliza. You will be safe. Now I need you to focus again on my voice. I am going to count to ten. With each number, you will feel yourself becoming more aware as if awakening from a pleasant sleep. When I get to ten, you will open your eyes becoming fully aware but rested and relaxed."

Genevieve begins to slowly count up...

"One.......two.......three......."

As she counts, Genevieve listens for changes to Eliza's breathing, from deep to more regulated...

"Eight.......nine.......ten."
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

Eliza wakes gently, blinking at Genevieve like a too-bright light. "I... hello again. Thank you, really, thank you--I feel much better."

"Are... are you going to go where it happened? Behind the-- the Physics Department?"
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

Genevieve pauses. "I really have to...." She was a student. She had certain responsibilities. Surely she couldn't keep on gallivanting about.... But then she looked at Eliza and felt sorry for her. "Would it help if I did? Would you feel better? I could let you know that there's nothing wrong there."
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

Eliza takes a breath and releases it in a sigh that makes her whole body slump a little more. "I was only thinking... that I should stay here and rest after all. E-especially if you're going to look into what happened."

She looks back at Genevieve and smiles ruefully. "I just don't want to think about it anymore. And I-- I'm sure you have better things to do than watch over me."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

Genevieve nods. Well, that's that then....

"I'll be back shortly to let you know that nothing's there."

Nothing is there, right? Surely the madman would have run off.

She starts for the door, pauses to look back at Eliza, then heads out.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

Eliza has gotten up and is moving out of the common room when Genevieve looks at her. A second ticks by--and then she's gone.
Genevieve,Move to the following thread: [url=http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/pbp/viewtopic.php?f=224&t=3194&p=154446#p154446]Perception[/url] Do not read any posts above the one you have been linked to.

Return to “In a Different Light”