Character Creation and Discussion

There are things that exist outside the range of human perceptions; things known only to those terrible beings who dwell between the stars and beneath the earth. We have always passed by them without notice. They have always extended us the same courtesy. And those unfortunate few who have seen, and have been seen? We call them mad.

But they have merely awakened a higher form of sight.

It is the Spring of 1928 in Arkham. And people all over Southside are waking up, setting the stage for the rise of an ancient power.

Moderator: Kadael

Kadael
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Re: Character Creation and Discussion

Post by Kadael »

You say that like it'll save you! :twisted:
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Pickman37
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 12 years 4 months

Post by Pickman37 »

I agree with Tabs that we have an interesting assortment of characters. While reviewing them, I noticed something unusual. The character that believes in apparitions is also the most sane of our merry crew!

Hopefully, the Invisible Castle gods are not setting me up to be the first to go stark-raving mad! I've been missing alot of those 75% rolls recently so I am wary :o
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Post by Kadael »

All right, everybody. Things are looking great, and all that's left is for you guys to review and finalize your equipment.
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Henry Witherspoon drives a blue Ford Model A. He typically wears a suit, tie, and hat when on campus, and he always carries a briefcase with whatever materials he needs for the classes he teaches. It also contains a slide rule, a notebook, and pencils. At home he keeps his baseball bat, some baseballs, his glove, his trophies, and his old baseball uniform from his student days.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by Tabs »

Jean Moss's equipment: a .22 beretta and 30 bullets; a basic chemistry set: test tubes, bunsen burner, etc.; a syringe and a few grams of cocaine; "Donnie," an ex-police horse, who she part owns, and is stabled somewhere in the Outskirts; household items like a torch, flask, etc.
Quinch
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 12 years 2 months

Post by Quinch »

Brewster Cushing owns a small house in Southside Arkham. It is outwardly shabby but very well maintained. it contains nothing but the bare essentials.

At work, Brewster has access to an Aladdin's cave of tools via the maintenance sheds and also a shotgun that hasn't been fired for 10 years and probably has a bird's nest in the barrel. It would be better used as a club.

Money is tight but, even if it wasn't, Brewster would still live like a pauper.
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by royya »

Peter is proud in his collection of dictionaries and his set of colored ink and quill. Beside it, he has nothing of real value. His father took most of the family stuff when he moved to Chicago, leaving nothing but old furniture to his son. He lives in the Miskatonic dorms and focus his attention on his work as a librarian. He saves little but intends to save enough for his Master degree in the upcoming future.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Captain Impossible
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 12 years 3 months

Post by Captain Impossible »

When he's on duty, Dutch usually carries a .38 Automatic with two spare clips, his badge, a set of handcuffs, a small notepad and a pencil. He also owns a Ford Model A, which he drives as needed. Dutch lives in a small townhouse near the docks. The accommodations are modest, but he has a double-barreled shotgun and some basic camping equipment for when he goes hunting or fishing.
Pickman37
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 12 years 4 months

Post by Pickman37 »

Genevieve's possessions in Arkham are minimal, as most of her belongings remain at home in Kingsport, and the communal flat she shares is small and lacking in space.

As mentioned, she is tomboyish. Her wardrobe consists mostly of breeches, tunic tops and sweaters. She owns two pairs of men's work trousers that she occasionally wears and also owns two pairs of riding boots. She does own a summer sportsuit, low-heeled shoes and a cloche hat but that would be the extent of her formal wear.

Other possessions include several notebooks (riddled with research and notes), several sketchbooks and inks, a Remington typewriter, a non-descript handbag, her grandfather's gold plated pocket watch with chain and a silver 1860s U.S. Half Dollar.

She does not own any weapons or a vehicle. She has access to a savings account and is not wanting financially but tends to live sparsely, due to the awareness that her family's fortunes are dwindling.

Return to “In a Different Light”