Character Creation and Discussion

There are things that exist outside the range of human perceptions; things known only to those terrible beings who dwell between the stars and beneath the earth. We have always passed by them without notice. They have always extended us the same courtesy. And those unfortunate few who have seen, and have been seen? We call them mad.

But they have merely awakened a higher form of sight.

It is the Spring of 1928 in Arkham. And people all over Southside are waking up, setting the stage for the rise of an ancient power.

Moderator: Kadael

Kadael
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Character Creation and Discussion

Post by Kadael »

The thread in which character concepts are thrown about, discussed, and formed into sheets. Go to it!

Information

Although the scenario's happenings are centered on Southside Arkham, your character is not required to live there.

If you don't know how to roll up a character, here's a link to Chaosium's Quick Start Guide, in .pdf format: Click me!

Keep in mind that for occupational skill points, you actually receive 20xEDU. The Quick Start Guide is strange that way.

You are not required to roll for personal wealth and income - it isn't important in this scenario, and you can decide what fits your character.

Invisible Castle is a great dice roller, allowing me to see what you've rolled and vice versa. Fudge is tasty, but as the Keeper, I will not fudge dice. 
Registration is free and optional, though it's nice, since registering allows you to note exactly what the roll was for.

You can make two rolls for each stat, and pick the number you like best.
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Quinch
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 12 years 2 months

Re: Character Creation and Discussion

Post by Quinch »

I've rolled a few stats on Invisible castle and am now working on a character concept. I thought I'd run something by you before diving headlong into a background and what have you.

Brewster Cushing is the son of a couple of reprobates from Lower Southside Arkham. Blessed with a wily intelligence but robbed (in his eyes) of the academic opportunities he deserved as a child, he now works as a Janitor at Miskatonic University, where his nimble fingers and keen mind enable him to do his job and earn credit but where the sight of rich young things wasting the chances he yearned for continue to blight his life. He is mid 40s but never married, well meaning, but occasionally dry and sarcastic.

STR 8, CON 12, DEX 17, SIZ 10, INT 17, POW 12, APP 13, EDU 12.

If you look on Invisible castle for my rolls, the character name is Quinch's PC because I hadn't decided on a name yet.
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

Cool, I like him. :D

Though I think I should have specified that characters don't need to be from, or live in, Southside. Anywhere in Arkham will do.
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by Tabs »

Here's my rolls:

Attribute rolls for. . . ? (3d6=11, 3d6=11, 3d6=13, 2d6+6=15, 2d6+6=12, 3d6=5, 3d6=13, 3d6+3=11, 3d6=14, 3d6=11, 3d6=10, 2d6+6=15, 2d6+6=15, 3d6=13, 3d6=4, 3d6+3=13)

Choosing the best roll for each attribute:

STR 14, CON 11, DEX 13, SIZ 15, INT 15, POW 13, APP 13, EDU 13.

I'll have a think about who my character will be.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Here are my stats: Character creation rolls (3d6=7, 3d6=14, 3d6=12, 3d6=11, 3d6=10, 2d6+6=11, 2d6+6=13, 3d6+3=16, 3d6=14, 3d6=8, 3d6=8, 3d6=13, 3d6=13, 2d6+6=11, 2d6+6=13, 3d6+3=14)

That gives me STR 14, CON 14, POW 12, DEX 13, APP 13, SIZ 11, INT 13, EDU 16. I plan to play a Physics professor at Miskatonic University named Henry Witherspoon. I'll put up a full character sheet when I get the chance, possibly later tonight, but it may need to wait.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Pickman37
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 12 years 4 months

Post by Pickman37 »

Greetings Kadael and fellow players....Thanks for putting up this game and letting me participate!

I'm a little swamped to end the week here but will work on my character through the weekend and should have him or her up before the end of the weekend right here in this little bit of post space.

Hopefully, this will not be a problem. Sorry about the delay but I wanted you all to know I was still onboard. Silly RL! Always getting in the way of gaming. :roll:

Anyways, I'll have something up soon!

Cheers!
Pickman37
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

Looking fantastic so far. Don't worry, there's no rush, so take your time.

Bah, that Real Life. Why are so many people so addicted? The gameplay's horridly unbalanced, and character creation is just bizarre. :roll: Although the graphics are stellar and the server never lags.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

How true. Real Life also doesn't come with a save/restore feature, and you only get to play once. Still, that just adds to the addictiveness.

Henry also enjoys playing baseball in his spare time. I'll be putting hobby points into releveant skills.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Introducing Jean Ross . . .

I'm working on some ideas--it always helps me to picture the character. I was preparing eggs with worcester sauce, when I thought of her. One thing, I'll choose a Size of 12, not 15, as that is a little more appropriate for a woman.
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by royya »

Here are my rolls:
Rolling first set. (3d6=11, 3d6=7, 3d6=10, 3d6=9, 3d6=12, 2d6+6=14, 2d6+6=10, 3d6+3=7)
Rolling second set (3d6=13, 3d6=9, 3d6=7, 3d6=10, 3d6=13, 2d6+6=12, 2d6+6=13, 3d6+3=17)
and the stats will be:
STR: 10
CON: 10
DEX: 13
POW: 13
APP: 9
SIZ: 14
INT: 13
EDU: 17

Concept of character:
I think that I will go on a young doctor from St. Mary's Hospital/Uptown or a psychologist from Arkham Asylum/Downtown.
Hmm in second thought ... I think, I will choose a librarian / linguist.
Last edited by royya on Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Jean Ross was born in 1901 in Alexandria to middle-class British parents. Her father was a tea merchant who relocated to Boston at the request of his company, Anglo Punjana. The job required Mr. Ross to assess the tea's purity, for which he became adept in chemistry and other laboratory techniques; his daughter, Jean, enthusiatically joined in with the various scientific experiments.

In 192- Mr. Ross died, Mrs. Ross returned to England to live with a cousin, and Jean . . . she decided to stay in America. Jean Ross works at a small insurance firm, Peace of Mind Insure Co., collecting premiums; the office is located in the basement of Arkham Bank. She lives alone in an apartment,--basic but spacious--which is in a converted warehouse, and it looks out over the Miskatonic River.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Nice! Don't let that stop you from picking SIZ 15 if you want, though. There are women that big (Alison Janney is 6 feet tall, which is probably around SIZ 14 or 15), they're just rare, and it could make her a more interesting character. My BtMoM character, Katie Wright, is a physical powerhouse thanks to the luck of the dice. She only has SIZ 12, but she has STR 15, CON 15, and DEX 17. Her mental stats aren't so great, nor is her APP, though her EDU is 17.

Name: Henry WItherspoon
Sex: Male
Colleges, Degrees: Ph.D., Physics, Miskatonic University
Current Residence: Arkham, Massachusetts

Characteristics:
STR: 14
CON: 14
SIZ: 11
APP: 13
INT: 13 (Idea - 65)
POW: 12 (Luck - 60)
EDU: 17 (Knowledge - 85) [includes +1 from age]
SAN: 60

Sanity: 60
Phobias/Mental Disorders: N/A
Maximum Sanity: 99
Hit Points: 13
Magic Points: 12
Damage Bonus: +1d4

Appearance & Personality: Henry Witherspoon is a handsome, short man with blond hair. While he takes academia seriously, he does have a sense of humor and knows how to have fun. America's favorite pastime, baseball, is also his. He enjoys watching baseball games, but he likes playing even more. He isn't good enough for major league play, but he did play on Miskatonic University's team when he was a student there. He still plays whenever he gets the chance.

Background: Henry attended Miskatonic University, where he met Mildred, his wife. They got married right after graduation, but she died in the Spanish flu epidemic of 1918. They had no children, and Henry has not remarried. Henry continued his studies at Miskatonic as a graduate student. After receiving his Ph.D., he got a tenure track position at the university, where he teaches and conducts research. He is fascinated by the new field of quantum physics and curious about how the universe works at its most basic level. He lives in a house not far from campus.

Skills: (Non-default skills BOLD, Professional Skills ITALICS, Hobbies preceded by a DOT)
Accounting (10%):
Anthropology (01%):
Archaeology (01%):
Art (05%):
Astronomy (01%): 56%
Bargain (05%): 25%
Biology (01%):
.Chemistry (01%): 21%
Climb (40%):
Conceal (15%):
Craft (05%):
Credit Rating (15%): 55%
Cthulhu Mythos (00%):
Disguise (01%):
Dodge (DEX x 2): 26%
Drive Auto (20%):
Electrical Repair (10%):
Fast Talk (05%):
First Aid (30%):
Geology (01%):
Hide (10%):
History (20%):
Jump (25%):
Law (05%):
Library Use (25%): 70%
.Listen (25%): 45%
Locksmith (01%):
Martial Arts (01%):
Mechanical Repair (20%):
Medicine (05%):
Natural History (10%):
Navigate (10%):
Occult (05%):
Operate Heavy Machinery (01%):
Other Language: Latin (01%): 31%
Own Language: English (EDU x 5%): 85%
Persuade (15%): 60%
Pharmacy (01%):
Photography (10%):
Physics (01%): 71%
Pilot (01%):
Psychoanalysis (01%):
Psychology (05%): 40%
Ride (05%):
Sneak (10%):
.Spot Hidden (25%): 45%
Swim (25%):
.Throw (25%): 60%
Track (10%):

Hand-to-Hand:
Fist/Punch (50%):
Grapple (25%):
Head Butt (10%):
Kick (25%):
.Large Club (25%): 60%

Firearms:
Handgun (20%):
Machine Gun (15%):
Rifle (25%):
Shotgun (30%):
SMG (15%):

Equipment: to be determined, though he'll be sure to have a baseball bat, several baseballs, and a baseball glove at home.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by royya »

Name: Peter Paul Walton
Colleges, Degrees: B.A, ??? , Miskatonic University

Characteristics:
STR: 10 ; CON: 9 ; SIZ: 14 ; DEX: 13 ; APP: 10
INT: 13 (Idea - 65) ; POW: 13 (Luck - 65) ; EDU: 17 (Knowledge - 85)
SAN: 65

Sanity: 65 ; Phobias/Mental Disorders: N/A
Hit Points: 12 ; Magic Points: 13 ; Damage Bonus: 0

Appearance & Personality: Peter Walton is a handsome, tall man with brown hair.

Background: Peter grew up in a family of merchants that traveled the Far East and Europe until his mother grew up sick and they decided to return from their travelling and settled back in Boston. As a young man, Peter decided to use his mastering in various languages and went to Miskatonic University, Arkham and study Latin and History. His mother eventually died and his father fell to despair and agony and moved to Chicago to live with Peter’s aunt. Peter decided to move to Arkham and found a job as a librarian.

Skills: (Professional Skills BOLD, Hobby Skills ITALICS)
Accounting (10%):
Archaeology (01%):
Art (05%):
Bargain (05%):
Climb (40%):
Conceal (15%):
Credit Rating (15%):
Cthulhu Mythos (00%):
Drive Auto (20%):
Electrical Repair (10%):
Fast Talk (05%): 21%
First Aid (30%):
Hide (10%):
History (20%): 30%
Jump (25%):
Library Use (25%): 75%
Listen (25%): 45%
Locksmith (01%):
Mechanical Repair (20%):
Medicine (05%):
Natural History (10%):
Navigate (10%):
.Occult (05%): 46%
Other Language: Latin (01%): 51%
Other Language: Arabic (01%): 54%
Other Language: German (01%): 63%
Other Language: French (01%): 67%
Other Language: Chinese (01%): 40%
Own Language: English (EDU x 5%): 85%
Persuade (15%):
Photography (10%):
Psychoanalysis (01%):
.Psychology (05%): 60%
Ride (05%):
Sneak (10%):
.Spot Hidden (25%): 59%
Swim (25%):
Throw (25%):
Track (10%):

Hand-to-Hand:
Fist/Punch (50%):
Grapple (25%):
Head Butt (10%):
Kick (25%):
Large Club (25%):

Equipment:
A collection of dictionaries that translate from English to the following:
Latin, Arabic, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese, Indian and Russian. Personal set of color inks and a quill pen.

Last edited by royya on Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Quinch
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Quinch »

Name: Brewster Cushing
Colleges, Degrees:

Characteristics:
STR: 13
CON: 12
SIZ: 10
DEX: 17
APP: 8
INT: 17 (Idea - 85)
POW: 12 (Luck - 60)
EDU: 12 (Knowledge - 60)

Sanity: 60
Hit Points: 11
Damage Bonus:

Appearance & Personality: Brewster is grizzled and unkempt. His clothes are old and patched together. Rough stubble has colonised his chin and grey hairs are growing out of his nostrils and ears. He is wiry and tough and keeps himself to himself. Having said that, there is very little going on at the University that escapes his notice. Whilst he is gruff and sarcastic at times, he is warm hearted and loyal. His greatest regrets are that his natural intelligence was never given the education it deserved and, consequently, he has little time for dilettante students who would rather waste the opportunities they've been given.

Background: Brewster's father was a handyman in south side Arkham, scraping a living by working every hour he could. Even then, times were hard for the Cushing family and they struggled to raise their son. His father never wanted a child, fearful of the extra strain that would put on the family finances so he and Brewster were never close. His mother died early, wearied by a hard life and constant regret that she couldn't give Brewster the opportunities he obviously deserved. His father disappeared soon after his mother died, and Brewster kept the family house and started work at the University. His nimble fingers and keen intellect meant he picked up maintenance skills quickly and he has never feared for his job since. Brewster loves to fish but can't stand the taste of them which means that his cat, Stan, eats better than Brewster does.

Skills: (Professional Skills Bold, Hobbies Italics
Accounting (10%):
Anthropology (01%):
Archaeology (01%):
Art (05%):
Astronomy (01%):
Bargain (05%):
Biology (01%):
Chemistry (01%):
Climb (40%): 60%
Conceal (15%):
Craft (05%): Make fishing flies: 65%
Credit Rating (15%):
Cthulhu Mythos (00%):
Disguise (01%):
Dodge (DEX x 2): 34%
Drive Auto (20%): 50%
Electrical Repair (10%): 75%
Fast Talk (05%):
First Aid (30%):
Geology (01%):
Hide (10%): 50%
History (20%):
Jump (25%):
Law (05%):
Library Use (25%):
Listen (25%):
Locksmith (01%): 71%
Martial Arts (01%):
Mechanical Repair (20%): 75%
Medicine (05%):
Natural History (10%):
Navigate (10%):
Occult (05%):
Other Language: Latin (01%):
Own Language: English (EDU x 5%):
Persuade (15%):
Pharmacy (01%):
Photography (10%):
Physics (01%):
Pilot (01%):
Psychoanalysis (01%):
Psychology (05%):
Ride (05%):
Sneak (10%):
Spot Hidden (25%): 65%
Swim (25%): 55%
Throw (25%):
Track (10%):

Hand-to-Hand:
Fist/Punch (50%):
Grapple (25%):
Head Butt (10%):
Kick (25%):
Large Club (25%):

Firearms:
Handgun (20%):
Machine Gun (15%):
Rifle (25%):
Shotgun (30%):
SMG (15%):
Pickman37
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Pickman37 »

Name: Genevieve Carrington
Player: Pickman37
Sex: Female
College/Degrees: Miskatonic U. / N/A
Birthplace: Kingsport, Mass.
Current Residence: Arkham, Mass.

Characteristics roll for STR,CON,POW,DEX and APP
Characteristics roll for SIZ and INT
Characteristics roll for EDU

Characteristics:
STR: 9
CON: 12
SIZ: 12
APP: 15
INT: 17
POW: 15
EDU: 15

Idea: 85
Luck: 75
Knowledge: 75

Current Sanity: 75
Phobias/Mental Disorders: None
Hit Points: 12
Magic Points: 15
Damage Bonus: None

Appearance & Personality: At 5'3" and 120 pounds, Genevieve appears slight but is surprisingly fierce. She is tomboyish, preferring a pair of trousers over a skirt. She is stunningly attractive but owes this more to her eyes, which are clear pools of piercing ice blue, seemingly hypnotic and containing a secret or some hidden pain. This attribute, along with her upbringing (Her father's doting,etc), have given her an uncanny ability to be persuasive and get her way. She is well aware of the boys who fawn over her but she is so determined to prove the validity of her beliefs, she can come across as serious, cold and unapproachable. This is not entirely the case as, with her guard down, she can be very personable and engaging.

Background: Genevieve was born to Charles and Josephine Carrington, second generation residents of Kingsport, whose family had made a fortune during the Civil War ship-building boom that rejuvenated the sea port. Josephine died during childbirth and Genevieve, throughout childhood, would experience dreams where she would encounter the mother she never knew in strange and alien locales. These dreams would subside in adolescence but prompted young Genevieve to develop an almost fervent belief in the afterlife. This would encourage her to move to Arkham to attend Miskatonic University, majoring in Psychology but with the goal of becoming a Parapsychologist upon completion of her studies. She currently resides in a communal flat for female students north of campus, in the Merchant District. The accommodations are cramped and not particularly significant but they reflect the Carrington's dwindling fortunes in these difficult economic times that have hit the family and Kingsport in particular.

SKILLS: (Professional Skills BOLD, Hobby Skills ITALICS)
Accounting (10%):
Anthropology (01%): 41%
Archaeology (01%):
Art (05%): Drawing: 40%
Astronomy (01%):
Bargain (05%):
Biology (01%):
Chemistry (01%):
Climb (40%):
Conceal (15%):
Craft (05%): Hypnotism: 65%
Craft (05%): Sleight of Hand: 45%
Credit Rating (15%):
Cthulhu Mythos (00%):
Disguise (01%):
Dodge (DEX×2): 26%
Drive Auto (20%):
Electrical Repair (10%):
Fast Talk (05%):
First Aid (30%):
Geology (01%):
Hide (10%):
History (20%): 50%
Jump (25%):
Law (05%):
Library Use (25%): 70%
Listen (25%):
Locksmith (01%):
Martial Arts (01%):
Mechanical Repair (20%):
Medicine (05%):
Natural History (10%):
Navigate (10%):
Occult (05%): 30%
Operate Heavy Machine (01%):
Other Language: Latin (01%): 21%
Own Language: English (EDU×5%): 75
Persuade (15%): 75%
Pharmacy (01%):
Photography (10%): 30%
Physics (01%):
Pilot (01%):
Psychoanalysis (01%):
Psychology (05%): 65%
Ride (05%):
Sneak (10%):
Spot Hidden (25%): 50%
Swim (25%):
Throw (25%):
Track (10%):

Hand-to-Hand:
Fist/Punch (50%):
Head Butt (10%):
Kick (25%):
Grapple (25%):

Firearms:
Handgun (20%):
Machine Gun (15%):
Rifle (25%):
Shotgun (30%):
SMG (15%):

Equipment:
Last edited by Pickman37 on Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
Pickman37
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Pickman37 »

Genevieve Carrington is a student at Miskatonic U. in her third year majoring in Psychology. However, I am gearing to become a Parapsychologist but since this was not a professionally accepted profession at the time, I have the Psych major (According to Keith Herber RIP). Once my background is fleshed out, it will all be clear.

I have chosen the following craft skills: Hypnotism and Sleight of Hand. The Hypnotism works with my Psychology skill but is also useful within a seance, hence it has been used as both occupational skill and hobby in this case. The Sleight of Hand, outside of nifty parlour tricks, allows my character to identify when I'm being grifted hopefully. My interest as a Parapsychologist would be in the field of exploring the existence of an afterlife, hence ghosts, poltergeists and the such (Arkham would be an awesome place for this). As well, I have a suspicion of Jungian collective consciousness existing or something along those lines....

Hopefully, my character is legit. I should have the background done tomorrow and be ready and willing to di...I mean go! :D
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

I'm very excited about all of this! :D

[/enthusiasm]

Everything seems good so far. I'll check things over when there are more things to be checked over.

...Closing the tag didn't work. I'm still enthusiastic.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Everyone has created a really interesting character--I enjoyed reading about them.
Mr. Handy wrote:Don't let that stop you from picking SIZ 15 if you want, though.
Hmmm, Tabs weighs up the additional % of the resistance table vs. the same damage bonus vs. being a freakishly tall woman (for the 1920s) . . . SIZ 15 it is.

Name: Jean Ross
Sex: Female
Colleges, Degrees: None

Characteristics:
STR: 14
CON: 11
SIZ: 15
APP: 13
INT: 15 (Idea - 75)
POW: 13 (Luck - 65)
EDU: 13 (Knowledge - 65)
SAN: 65

Sanity: 65
Hit Points: 13
Magic Points: 13

Occupational Skills: EDU x20 =260, Hobbies: INT x10 =150

Skills:
Accounting (10%): +20
Anthropology (01%):
Archaeology (01%):
Art (05%):
Astronomy (01%):
Bargain (05%): +25
Biology (01%):
Chemistry (01%): +45
Climb (40%):
Conceal (15%):
Craft (05%):
Credit Rating (15%):
Cthulhu Mythos (00%):
Disguise (01%):
Drive Auto (20%):
Electrical Repair (10%):
Fast Talk (05%): +50
First Aid (30%):
Geology (01%):
Hide (10%):
History (20%):
Jump (25%):
Law (05%):
Library Use (25%):
Listen (25%): +30
Locksmith (01%): +20
Martial Arts (01%):
Mechanical Repair (20%):
Medicine (05%):
Natural History (10%):
Navigate (10%):
Occult (05%): +25
Other Language: Arabic +25
Own Language: English (EDU x 5%): 65%
Persuade (15%): +20
Pharmacy (01%): +45

Photography (10%):
Physics (01%):
Pilot (01%):
Psychoanalysis (01%):
Psychology (05%):
Ride (05%): +25
Sneak (10%):
Spot Hidden (25%): +25
Swim (25%):
Throw (25%):
Track (10%):

Hand-to-Hand:
Fist/Punch (50%):
Grapple (25%):
Head Butt (10%):
Kick (25%):
Large Club (25%):

Firearms:
Handgun (20%): +55
Machine Gun (15%):
Rifle (25%):
Shotgun (30%):
SMG (15%):

Equipment: .22 beretta pistol
Last edited by Tabs on Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Impossible
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 12 years 3 months

Post by Captain Impossible »

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3469742/. The Gods of Invisible Castle favor me.

Name: Jacob "Dutch" Vrees
STR 15
CON 16
DEX 12
SIZ 17
INT 18
POW 12
APP 13
EDU 14

IDEA: 90
LUCK: 60
KNOW: 70

Current Sanity: 60
Phobias/Mental Disorders: None
Hit Points: 17

Appearance & Personality: Dutch is a career policeman. Coming out of the academy, he was assigned to the poorer neighborhoods, where he walked the beat for several years before being promoted to detective. As a detective in Arkham, he's seen enough to know that something isn't on the level in the city. Sharing these opinions with his superiors and the occasional reporter has killed any chance of advancement. On the job, Dutch is driven and hard-nosed, an impression enhanced by his imposing build. Off-duty he's a little more laidback, and surprisingly candid about his stunted career and more unconventional theories.

SKILLS: (Professional Skills BOLD, Hobby Skills ITALICS)
Accounting (10%):
Anthropology (01%):
Archaeology (01%):
Art (05%):
Astronomy (01%):
Bargain (05%):
Biology (01%):
Chemistry (01%):
Climb (40%):
Conceal (15%):
Craft (05%):
Credit Rating (15%):
Cthulhu Mythos (00%):
Disguise (01%):
Dodge (DEX×2): 24%
Drive Auto (20%): 60%
Electrical Repair (10%):
Fast Talk (05%): 35%
First Aid (30%):
Geology (01%):
Hide (10%):
History (20%):
Jump (25%):
Law (05%): 60%
Library Use (25%):
Listen (25%): 65%
Locksmith (01%):
Martial Arts (01%):
Mechanical Repair (20%):
Medicine (05%):
Natural History (10%):
Navigate (10%):
Occult (05%): 25%
Operate Heavy Machine (01%):
Other Language: Italian (01%): 21%
Own Language: English (EDU×5%): 70%
Persuade (15%): 40%
Pharmacy (01%):
Photography (10%):
Physics (01%):
Pilot (01%):
Psychoanalysis (01%):
Psychology (05%): 25%
Ride (05%):
Sneak (10%): 30%
Spot Hidden (25%): 75%
Swim (25%):
Throw (25%):
Track (10%): 40%

Hand-to-Hand:
Fist/Punch (50%): 70%
Head Butt (10%):
Kick (25%):
Grapple (25%):

Firearms:
Handgun (20%): 80%
Machine Gun (15%):
Rifle (25%):
Shotgun (30%): 60%
SMG (15%):

Equipment:
.38 Automatic
12-Gauge Shotgun (2B)
Last edited by Captain Impossible on Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quinch
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Quinch »

Not sure they are favouring you really. We'll all just hide behind you. :)

Return to “In a Different Light”