Page 1 of 1

IC: Perception [Everyone]

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:49 am
by Kadael
The man at the window turns to face the gathered crowd, his shoulders trembling and his head low, as if from shame. His face is still shadowed by his dark blond hair, but in the sunlight, it's clear that dried blood is caught in its tangles. It's everywhere. Blood smeared over his arms, covering his hands, caked under his fingernails, in visceral colors of red and brown and black. His torso is encased in a straitjacket, though it does nothing to hold him - several of the straps and buckles have been broken or torn apart.

He raises his head. He has no eyes.

Shreds of tissue still cling to the empty places where his eyes should be, all of it soaked in a sea of crimson. Long, jagged scratches cover his forehead, his cheeks, his nose. His lips quiver as he continues with his muttering, as his eyeless sockets fixate on the faces of everyone present. His gaze drifts from Dutch to Peter to Henry to Brewster, and back again. He shouldn't know where they are. He should be blind. His fingers twitch.
Everyone,Sanity check. 0/1d2 loss.

Re: IC: Perception [Brewster/Henry/Jacob/Peter]

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:10 am
by Mr. Handy

Henry stares in horror at the man, very disturbed by the sight. "My God!" he exclaims. "How did this happen?"

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:59 am
by Quinch
SAN,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3492555/]San roll for seeing eyeless man. Current san 60. (1d100=98)[/url]. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3492557/]San loss for seeing eyeless man. (1d2=2)[/url]
Brewster stops dead when he sees the ghastly face of the man, his hand dropping from the man's arm.

"Eyes," he whimpers, staggering backwards and paying no attention to the young man rescuing his female friend. "No eyes..."

Brewster takes a step back, almost falling over in the dirt. He looks around at the assembled crowd, eventually coming back towards his senses, if not quite reaching them. "Someone should fetch a doctor," he mutters, almost to himself.

He looks frantically around the ground nearby for something he can use to defend himself.
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3492559/]Spot Hidden: 65% (1d100=17)[/url]

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:33 pm
by royya
SAN (65%) (1d100=36) – Success

My god ...
Peter shifts his gaze immediately from the eyeless man to the sobbing woman and help the student to carry Eliza away from the terrible man that stood over there.

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:46 am
by Mr. Handy

"Yes, a doctor!" says Henry. "I'll go find one." He runs off towards the Department of Medicine, which shouldn't be too far away. There had to be people there with medical skills.

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:43 am
by Captain Impossible
Rolls,[url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3493472/[/url] [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3493531/[/url]
Dutch takes a step back, unprepared for the gruesome sight. Operating more on reflex than will, Dutch pulls out his badge and raises it for the crowd to see. "Arkham Police! Everyone take a step back, give him some room," he barks, although no one seems particularly eager to approach the man. Turning to the eyeless man, Dutch tries to calm his nerves.

"Sir, we're getting a doctor for you. Just take it easy, you're going to be alright."

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:51 am
by Kadael
Eliza has her face buried in her friend's shoulder, a handful of his shirt clutched in her fingers. "I didn't know, why'd you leave? He was just hitting the window and I didn't know, I was so scared, tell me he's gone..."

The young student puts a hand up at Peter's approach, shaking his head. "Ssh. He's not gone yet. But it's okay. It'll be okay."

The eyeless man continues his quiet ramblings, head still turning to stare straight into everyone's eyes. Despite Dutch's attempt at reassurance, he only seems more frightened - as frightened as a man with no eyelids can look.

Brewster notices several shards of what might have been clay pots, scattered across the grass. Some are sharp enough to be used as improvised weapons.

Some distance away, there's a shrill, harsh sound: a police whistle.
Everyone,Make a Listen roll if you want to try and figure out what the man is muttering.
Henry,Return to your own thread: [url=http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=224&t=3183&p=127912]The Halls of Academia[/url] You may not make a Listen roll, since you are no longer here.

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:47 pm
by Quinch
Brewster can't make out what the eyeless man is saying. That might be because his hearing is going, or it might be because he is spouting a stream of invective that has no right to impinge upon the delicate ears of Arkham's more privileged young residents.

He turns with a scowl, lambasting the nearest student, "Get a cloth, or a bandage or something!"

He doesn't wait to see if the student makes a move but, with a gulp to draw in some courage, he approaches the man again. "Listen fella, come and sit down. We're getting a doctor. It'll be, err, hmmm...."

Brewster's reassurances tail off, not delivering on their initial promise.
Listen,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3494464/]Listen (25%) (1d100=29)[/url]

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:46 pm
by Captain Impossible
Listen roll,[url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3494548/[/url]
Dutch approaches the man. "It's going to be alright, friend," he assures in a calm voice. "Let me help you take a seat on the steps, and we can have a doctor look at you." As he gets next to the man, he tries to listen in on the eyeless man's mutterings. Where's that damned doctor? Dutch thinks to himself as he tries to gently guide the man to the steps.

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:43 pm
by royya
Peter was concentrated on pulling the girl outside and is surprised by the student's rejection for help so he is not paying focus to what the eyeless man say at all.

Listen vs. [45%] (1d100=91) - Fail

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:15 pm
by Kadael
The eyeless man hesitantly submits to Dutch and Brewster's coaxing, but chooses to sit on the grass instead of the steps. His gaze drifts to a nearby patch of purple flowers, and he cocks his head with an almost childlike curiosity.
Dutch,His murmurs are incoherent, but words are discernable. "The stars... alive... waiting... star... nearly there, saw it..."
There's another sound of a whistle, and approaching footfalls. A voice barks, "Arkham Police! Step away from the man in the straitjacket!" Three officers are coming up the street, armed and determined.

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:18 pm
by royya
Despite being pulled by the student, Peter approach Eliza and asks
Who is the man? Do you know him?

Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:43 am
by Captain Impossible
"Shh, don't worry, pal," Dutch says, uncertain how to respond to the man's words. What does that mean? Well, the guy's in a straightjacket, Dutch, don't blow a fuse thinking about it. Dutch raises his badge in the air to the approaching cops. "It's Detective Vrees. I have the man calmed down," Dutch says, looking at the policemen to see if he recognizes them.

Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:59 am
by Quinch
While the two other men deal with the incident, Brewster is keen for the gaping audience to be hurried off to lessons as quickly as possible.

He turns around and starts waving his arms as if he were herding sheep. "Go on," he shouts. "Get! Off to lessons! Nothing to see here!"

All the while he's shaking his head at what he has seen. He looks even paler and more ill than normal and presents quite a sight to the students.

Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:56 pm
by Kadael
Whether or not Eliza is in any state to be answering questions, her friend answers for her. "No, we've never seen him." He then gives a slight nod to Brewster's remark. "I think we should go. Come on, Eliza."

As those two silently leave the crowd, though, more people come in. Henry returns, followed by a man with a black doctor's bag, and a tall woman approaches from up the street. "I heard someone went crazy--what's happening now?"

The three policemen slow to a stop, and the one leading them raises a skeptical eyebrow. "Huh," he grunts, folding his arms. "Nice job, Vrees."
Dutch,You recognize him, but not the other two. [b]Sergeant Willem[/b] is an honest, hard-working man - but that's really all that can be said about him.

Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:38 pm
by Tabs
Kadael wrote: . . . and a tall woman approaches from up the street. "I heard someone went crazy--what's happening now?" . . ."

Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:50 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Here he is," says Henry to the man following him before turning to the crowd. "I was wondering what had happened myself."

Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:20 am
by Tabs
"Well, that fellow"--she indicates the man in the straight jacket--"looks unhappy!" Jean Moss makes a critical survey of Henry. "You look like an academic: Do you work at the university?"

Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 2:08 pm
by Quinch
Brewster shakes his head and mutters to himself as he starts to tidy up the mess the incident has left behind. Morbid curiosity piqued, he peers through the window to see what the lunatic was trying to get to.

He takes little notice of the other men, whether they be police or academic staff, and assumes they'll return the favour. He's used to just getting on with his job and not being noticed.

Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 8:08 pm
by Captain Impossible
"Don't worry, pal, I'm right here. The doctor is going to take a look at you," Dutch says to the eyeless man before standing up again and talking to the police. "The man app.ears to have knocked over that garbage can. He ran down here and tried to go through that window there. Damned if I know what happened to his eyes." Pointing to one of the officers, Dutch continues."Get to the nearest call box and tell them to send an ambulance out here. We need to start interviewing witnesses."

Dutch pulls out his notepad. He flips to the last page and quickly jots down what he heard the lunatic say. Probably just ramblings. He waves the doctor over to treat the man.

Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 8:50 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Yes, Miss," says Henry to the woman. He has to crane his neck back to look her in the eyes. "I'm Professor Henry WItherspoon from the Physics Department. That's this building right here. I heard the pounding on the window when I was inside, as well as a scream. I saw something red on the outside of the window, but I came running out here rather than examine it further because it sounded like someone needed help."

Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 11:16 pm
by Tabs
. . . "I'm Professor Henry WItherspoon . . .

"Jean Ross.

"Something 'red' on the window? That detective just said: 'Damned if I know what happened to his eyes.' How horrid!

"The newsboy, who was on his way to deliver my Advertiser, saw the whole thing."

Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 11:51 pm
by Kadael
"Send an ambulance? This man was running away from one." The lead policeman shakes his head. "It was taking him to the Sanitarium from St. Mary's."

"St. Mary's Hospital? Why wasn't he treated there?" The doctor brushes past the crowd and crouches next to the straitjacketed man.

"Don't ask me."
Brewster,The window glass is smeared with blood, some of it resembling handprints. Past the gore, there is nothing but an empty lecture theater.

Posted: Sun May 06, 2012 12:08 am
by Mr. Handy

"Pleased to meet you, Miss Ross," says Henry. "It's just as well I didn't take a closer look, then. If he did that to himself, it's no wonder he was being taken to the Sanitarium." He suppresses a shudder.

Posted: Sun May 06, 2012 10:01 am
by Tabs
Mr. Handy wrote:"Pleased to meet you, Miss Ross," says Henry.
"And you, too, Professor Witherspoon. 'Physics,' did you say? I dabble in chemistry--as a hobby, you understand."

Jean's attention is drawn back to the lunatic. "Do you think he gouged out his eyes himself?"

Posted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:10 pm
by Mr. Handy

"I've studied some chemistry myself, but primarily how it involves physics - the composition of the atom, molecular and ionic bonds, that sort of thing. I don't know for certain if he put out his own eyes out, but it seems the most likely explanation."

Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:42 pm
by royya
Peter stand by, hearing the conversations of the people around. He is not going back to the library. The incident around here is far more interesting then arranging and placing back books.
Now than Eliza is gone, he cannot avoid looking at the eyeless man. The look of the man is not troubling him but on the contrary, it's fascinated him. He tries to understand what happened to him and how he took his eyes off, where are is his eyes and what troubled the man so much or what he witnessed that made him take out his eyes.

He tries to get closer to the man that is treated and ask.
What have you seen that made you do that thing.

Posted: Tue May 08, 2012 2:18 pm
by Quinch
For Brewster, this is all just way too weird. Lunatics that have scratched their own eyes out and then run onto his campus? Someone needs to give him a good explanation and soon, so that he can get back to his maintenance.

Brewster absent mindedly picks up a few pieces of litter, scanning the area for eyeballs. Something didn't add up. He leans back and stretches before speaking to the police.

"Running away from an ambulance you say? Did he have his eyes at the time? How does a man in a straitjacket, with no eyes, get out of a moving ambulance and run straight on to my university?"

Brewster hacks up an enormous lump of phlegm and launches it at the bushes while he waits for an answer. He scowls around at the crowd, just for the sake of appearances really.

Posted: Tue May 08, 2012 4:07 pm
by Tabs
Quinch wrote:"Running away from an ambulance you say? Did he have his eyes at the time? How does a man in a straitjacket, with no eyes, get out of a moving ambulance and run straight on to my university?"

Brewster hacks up an enormous lump of phlegm and launches it at the bushes while he waits for an answer. He scowls around at the crowd, just for the sake of appearances really.
Jean watches the flight of Brewster's phlegm; her nose is slightly wrinkled.

"Um, Sir, maybe the straight jacket was put on to the lunatic afterwards--after he escaped from the ambulance?"

Posted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:36 pm
by Captain Impossible
Dutch pockets the notepad and turns to Sgt. Willem. "Do you mind keeping an eye on the patient? I want to go check something out," the detective says to the cop before making his way along the path the eyeless man ran. There was something in the garbage can, he remembered. Was it blood and ... shards? He had abandoned it to pursue the man, but now that the situation was under control, Dutch wanted to make sure he had time to examine it before the onlookers or passersby started mucking up any possible evidence.

Posted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:01 am
by Quinch
Brewster regards the woman for a few seconds, mulling over her suggestion.

"Seems a bit ass before tit, so to speak, to me, putting the restraints on after the guy has escaped. And then letting him go again? Nah, that makes even less sense. The guy must've broken his restraints and bolted out of the ambulance. Like I said, it's his eyes worrying me. Did he do it himself? Is that why he was at the hospital? If so, how did he escape with no way of seeing where he was going? And if'n someone else took 'em, are they still around?"

Brewster alarms himself sufficiently such that he decides to pick up one of the sharpened bits of debris from the ground.

Posted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:18 am
by Kadael
At Peter's approach, the doctor sighs and makes an angry gesture with a pair of scissors. "Please step away from him - excitement or fright won't do any good."

The straitjacketed man cocks his head at Peter, eliciting another sharp sigh from the doctor. "The star," he says. It's the loudest thing he's said so far, but he says nothing more as he tries to look back at the purple flowers. The doctor puts a stop to that, so he touches them with a bloodied finger instead.

Fortunately, there is no sign of the man's eyeballs anywhere. Sergeant Willem frowns at Brewster. "That's all I was told about the incident. I don't know anything about this man or his eyes."

"The blood on his fingers seems to suggest that it was self-inflicted," the doctor says. "I have no idea why he keeps trying to look at things, though - he can't possibly be capable of sight."

The Sergeant shrugs. "It's a mystery." He turns to Dutch. "Go wherever you like, Vrees. You're a detective. Go detect."
Dutch,Return to your own thread: [url=http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=224&t=3184]The Runaway[/url] Do not continue to read the posts in this thread.

Posted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:43 am
by Mr. Handy

Henry watches the trajectory of the spit too, though he feels more interest in watching the laws of physics at work than disgust. "It seems more likely that he removed his eyes after he escaped from the ambulance," he says. "That may be what I saw on the window." He looks around to try to figure out which window he had seen the man beating, using his knowledge of the building to pinpoint its location.

Posted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:38 am
by royya
Are you all right?
Peter asks Brewster. The librarian knows the man as he called him more than once to fix a broken shelf and to change a broken wheel in the books' carts.

When the eyeless man nods to the purple flowers, Peter turns his look to this direction.
The Star?
He says to himself and looks up to the sky, then back to the flowers
Could be an item that he lost?
He thinks to himself and goes to search the group of purple flowers

Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 2:10 am
by Mr. Handy

"That's right, he did mention a star," says Henry. "Perhaps it has something to do with astronomy, a subject I know a good deal about. But which star?"

Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:44 am
by Quinch
Brewster looks over at Peter and nods slightly. "I'm fine," he mutters. "Don't know much about no star 'cept that there aren't any to be seen right now to get all upset about."

After poking around the area for a few minutes, Brewster decides to try and trace the lunatic's steps back and find out if there's any more mess. Unfortunately, even with both his eyes, he can't follow anything worth a damn. He sighs deeply. He should probably get back to his work but he needs to make sure this disturbance is all sorted first.
Tracking,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3511211/]Tracking skill 10% (1d100=72)[/url]

Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:32 pm
by Tabs
Brewster said: "Seems a bit ass before tit, so to speak, to me . . .
"Charming."

. . . making his [Dutch] way along the path the eyeless man ran. . . .
Jean attempts to follow the detective.

Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:37 pm
by Quinch
Brewster considers apologising to the lady he has so evidently offended but eventually decides he would probably only make things worse. He sighs and grunts slightly before carrying on with what he was doing.

Posted: Sat May 12, 2012 3:29 am
by Kadael
"Speculation is really something that should be left to the sanitarium's staff," the doctor says, though there's a note of curiosity in his voice. He stands and straightens, shutting the clasp on his bag. "I think that's all that can be done here - where's that ambulance?"

"Should be arriving soon," one of the officers replies.

The eyeless man's visage is no longer so disturbing - a great deal of the blood has been cleaned away, and his empty eye sockets are covered with a bandage. His strange sight doesn't seem to have been impeded, however; his stare snaps right back to the flower patch.
Henry,The window the group is all gathered around is the one the man had been pounding at. As [b]Henry's[/b] gaze passes over it, he can plainly see smudges of what must be blood on the glass.
Peter,The moment [b]Peter[/b] steps closer to the flower patch, a little butterfly - a spot of white among the violet - takes flight. The straitjacketed man's bloody fingers clench into a fist, crushing several stems.
The Sergeant nods at the doctor, then turns to the crowd. "Deeply sorry for the disturbance, especially since it had to be at the University." He's about to say something else, but a whining moan interrupts him.

It comes from the man with no eyes, who has now ripped a cluster of the purple flowers out of the ground. Distress pulls at the corners of his mouth as he raises his head to look at something in the sky.
Everyone,Roll Spot Hidden.
Jean,The detective is leaning over a pile of garbage from an overturned trash can when [b]Jean[/b] catches up. Please move to the following thread: [url=http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=224&t=3184&p=128465#p128465]The Runaway[/url] Do not continue to read the posts in this thread, and do not read any posts above the one you have been linked to. You are no longer here, so do not make a Spot Hidden roll.

Re: IC: Perception [Brewster/Henry/Peter]

Posted: Sat May 12, 2012 4:34 am
by Mr. Handy

"That's the window he was hitting," says Henry, pointing it out. "I was on the other side of it when this started. I was right, that was blood." He's just a little too distracted to notice anything more.

Posted: Sat May 12, 2012 5:52 pm
by royya
Peter tries to follow the butterfly with his eyes, not paying attention to the eyeless man. If the butterfly is gone, Peter will search more closely at the patch of flowers, even digging a little bit with his shoe.

Spot Hidden [59%] (1d100=79) – Fail.

Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 2:56 am
by Quinch
Brewster reacts with a start as the man starts destroying the flower beds.

"What are you doing?" he shouts. "Get off!"

He glares at the police that are supposed to be restraining the lunatic.
Spot Hidden,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3516972/]Spot Hidden: 65% (1d100=25)[/url]

Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 4:26 am
by Kadael
Peter,There is nothing in the flower patch but grass, soil, and a sad display of torn stems. The butterfly is nowhere to be seen.
"No, no, no," the man mumbles, pushing himself to his feet. By the sound of his voice, if he could cry, tears would be spilling down his face.

"Green, what the hell are you doing?" Sergeant Willem snaps, gesturing at the officer who just spoke. "Just because he wasn't smashing things doesn't mean you shouldn't have given him the bracelets! He tore through his straitjacket, for God's sake, and now look!"

"I - yes, of course, I..." Green runs forward, fumbling with a pair of handcuffs. The eyeless man doesn't struggle or resist as his arms are shoved behind his back, though he doesn't loosen his grip on the flowers.
Brewster,A little white butterfly catches [b]Brewster's[/b] eye, flying higher and higher. The real question is why this man is so preoccupied with a butterfly, especially one that he shouldn't be able to see.

Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 5:07 am
by Mr. Handy

Henry turns at the commotion. "I didn't even notice he got loose again," he says.

Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 11:25 am
by Quinch
Brewster points upwards at a tiny white shape flitting around in the sky. He shakes his head in dismay and disbelief.

"Why is he pointing at the butterfly?" he asks, voice trembling. "How can he see it? What the hell is going on here?"

Brewster rushes over to the nearest academic and grabs him by the shoulders.

"Tell me what's going on," he bawls into Henry's face. "Is this a government experiment?"

Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 11:41 am
by royya
Quinch wrote:Brewster points upwards at a tiny white shape flitting around in the sky. He shakes his head in dismay and disbelief.

"Why is he pointing at the butterfly?" he asks, voice trembling. "How can he see it? What the hell is going on here?"

Brewster rushes over to the nearest academic and grabs him by the shoulders.

"Tell me what's going on," he bawls into Henry's face. "Is this a government experiment?"
Where? I lost the butterfly ...
Peter says to Brewster and calls out to the eyeless man.
How can you see for god's sake?
The incident get interesting as the moment pass on, like one of the thriller books that he read in the past year.

Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:23 am
by Mr. Handy

"I suspect you know more than I do," Henry says to Brewster, stepping back in alarm. "Why would you think this was a government experiment? That makes no more sense than any of what's happened. Perhaps you should have a word with the men from the Sanitarium when they arrive."

Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 5:37 pm
by Kadael
The unnamed officer stifles a giggle at Brewster's outburst. Sergeant Willem glares at him, and he pretends it was a cough.

"Government what now?" The doctor raises an eyebrow, then looks at his watch, mumbling about "ethical ramifications" and "really, the idea" before snapping to attention. "I've a lecture to prepare for; I ought to be going."

Posted: Wed May 16, 2012 4:37 am
by Mr. Handy

Henry checks his watch. "That reminds me," he says, "I have my own lecture coming up soon."

Posted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:56 pm
by Quinch
Brewster glares around, obviously unconvinced.

"So you're all just walking away?" he snarls. "Men with no eyes that can see better than any of us? Butterflies and flowers and blood everywhere?"

He spins around, incredulous.

"There's something funny going on and I mean to find out what it is. This is my university and I am responsible for what goes on."

Posted: Thu May 17, 2012 2:34 am
by Mr. Handy

"Believe me, I'm puzzled and curious too," says Henry. "It's not possible for a man with no eyes to see, and yet he seems to be doing it. But I cannot be late for my own class."
OOC,How much time do I have before the lecture?

Posted: Fri May 18, 2012 5:48 pm
by Quinch
"None of this makes any sense," says Brewster, almost plaintively. "It looks like he knew where the butterfly was and they don't make much noise, so as stupid as it sounds, maybe he can see it. He saw the flowers. That means, if we do think he can see where he's going, that he likely wasn't at this here window by mistake. So what is it that's inside, that he wants?"

Brewster pauses and thinks for a few seconds before he shrugs and blurts out his plan. "So what I'm thinking is, err, well, if he wants something inside the room, maybe we should take him inside and see just what he's after."

Posted: Sat May 19, 2012 4:20 am
by Mr. Handy

"I think I know what he was looking for in there," says Henry. "Me. I was in the room on the other side of the window, preparing for my lecture. When I came outside, he seemed to be looking right at me, as well as the rest of us, even though he has no eyes."

Posted: Sat May 19, 2012 7:45 am
by royya
I can swear he glanced into my eyes as well.
Peter, the librarian, remarks as he waits for the eyeless man answer to his previous question.

Posted: Sat May 19, 2012 3:41 pm
by Quinch
"Well," says Brewster, stroking his stubbly chin. "I don't recall him looking at me in any kind of way, so what is it about you two that he wants, I wonder."

He glares at the two academics with a look of distrust. "Is he known to either of you? What is his name anyway?"

Posted: Sat May 19, 2012 5:19 pm
by Mr. Handy

"I've never seen him before in my life," says Henry. "I've no idea who he is or why he is interested in us. But nobody else was in that room with me, and I don't think there's anything else in there that would attract his attention. At this point we can only speculate, though. The only way to know what he wants is to ask him."

Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:20 am
by Kadael
Henry,You have roughly ten minutes before the lesson.
"Is that your window?" The doctor looks at Henry, then at the smear of blood, and frowns. "I am so sorry; windows are crucial."

With that last comment, he leaves.

Within seconds of his departure, the ambulance comes trundling down the road. The eyeless man says nothing, not even strange mutterings; he is totally silent as he cranes his neck to "see" his handcuffs.

Posted: Fri May 25, 2012 2:10 am
by Mr. Handy

"Yeah, that's my window," says Henry as the doctor walks away. He decides he has enough time to stick around until the ambulance takes the man away and watches to see if anything else interesting happens.

Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 5:09 am
by royya
Peter stays as well, looking around what is happening.
So ... that was strange right ?
He says to Henry

Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:15 am
by Mr. Handy

"That...is an understatement," says Henry. "Light has some unusual properties, to be sure, but there is no way a man with no eyes can see it. Not visible light, anyway. We can't see into the infrared range of the spectrum either, but we can feel the heat it gives off. Still, how much heat does a butterfly emit?"

Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:21 am
by royya
Professor, you saw the butterfly as well and that man looking at him either ... I've seen it too before the butterfly flew away.
Peter replies to Prof. Henry
That was strange as I was certain the eyeless man looked at me and the flower patch. Sounds like a mystery like one of the fiction books you can find in my library

Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:39 am
by Quinch
Brewster overhears the academics and doesn't bother to wait for an invitation to the show.

"Well, I think there's something funny going on. Experiments or something. I don't rightly care two shits about this blind lunatic I've never met, that much is sure, but I do care about my University and I don't want him or others like him coming back. He ain't got no eyes, that much we all agree on, but he can see. Or he can feel the wind from the butterfly's wings on his face. Which I doubt."

Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:01 am
by Kadael
The ambulance comes to a stop as soon as it reaches the scene. Its front doors fly open, driver and passenger stepping out and coming around.

"Not him again," moans the driver, blanching as soon as he sees the eyeless man.

"You're the one who let him get away," the passenger snaps, and gives Sergeant Willem a grateful nod. "All right, Mr. Farr."

The eyeless man doesn't respond directly, just looks up at the sky through his bandages. "Stars coming," he mumbles.

"Yes, yes, the Sanitarium will be very happy to hear about that."

Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:47 am
by Mr. Handy

"I hadn't actually noticed the butterfly myself," says Henry. "I wouldn't have even known about it if one of you hadn't pointed it out. Odd that a man with no eyes seems to have better vision than I do. I wonder what he means by 'stars coming'? It's still early in the day, and they won't be visible until evening."

Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:49 pm
by royya
I know that he spooks me.
Peter replies and roll the man's name on his tongue
Mr. Farr ... I wonder who he is ... I wonder if a person by that name ever loaned a book from the library

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:34 am
by Quinch
Brewster still looks entirely unimpressed with all these strange happenings, disturbing his campus. He tries to remember if he's heard the name Farr before.

"Maybe we should find out who this man was. Is. I don't like the fact that he escaped near the University and then ran straight to this lab. There's too much going on here and it makes me uneasy."

Brewster turns to the doctor. "has anything like this happened before? Has he mentioned stars previously?"

Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:23 pm
by Kadael
The name Farr is unfamiliar to any of you. He cooperates smoothly with the doctors, getting into the ambulance with no fuss.

"Yeah, he was mumbling a lot about a star before he got away." The driver shrugs.

Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:16 pm
by royya
A star, which star? Our own sun ?
Peter asks the driver
Tell me, does Mr. Farr have a family?

Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:41 am
by Mr. Handy

Henry waits for the doctor to respond to hear what he has to say, though he keeps an eye on the time to make sure he isn't late for his lecture.

Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:29 am
by Tabs

Jean strolls up to the ambulance, standing beside Prof. Witherspoon.

"Hello, again, Professor. This is a very strange affair, is it not?"

Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:25 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Ah, good to see you again, Miss Ross," says Henry. "Yes, it's very perplexing. I can't for the life of me make any sense out of it."

Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:20 am
by Tabs

"I tried to squeeze some gossip from that detective; but no joy there--he wasn't telling!"

Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:06 pm
by royya
Tabs wrote:Image

"I tried to squeeze some gossip from that detective; but no joy there--he wasn't telling!"
He is Mr. Farr and he have some issues with a specific star.
Peter says to Miss Ross as he waits for the driver to answer him

Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:23 pm
by Tabs
Peter says . . .

"Thank you, sir, but unfortunately I'm none the wiser! Mr. Farr's star . . . hmmm, I wonder which one?"

Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:49 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Yes, I was wondering the same thing myself," says Henry. "I've studied a good deal about astronomy, and it has me curious. I've never heard of Mr. Farr before, so if he is an astronomer, he must be an amateur. If he'd been published, I'd have seen his name at some point."

Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:28 pm
by Tabs
"I've studied a good deal about astronomy . . .
"You're the chap to ask: Anything unusual in the night sky, recently?"

Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:33 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Not that I've noticed," says Henry, "but I'll be sure to keep watching the skies. If I knew which star he was on about, I could see if there's been any unusual activity with it."

Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:26 am
by Quinch
Brewster listens to the conversation but has nothing to add. He's no expert on astronomy or the night sky. He watches Farr being led away and shakes his head slightly in disgust. There are strange things going on. He scans the sky looking for stars that might be visible in the moonlight before deciding to get back to his work. Grunting at the assembled academics, he wanders off towards the nearest maintenance job, still muttering about blind folks seeing.

Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:33 am
by Mr. Handy

"Well, I have a lecture to give in a few minutes," says Henry. "Is there anything else you want to talk about before I go?"

Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:26 am
by Tabs

"I'll try and find out the whereabouts of the star; if I do, I'll come and visit you at the University, Professor Witherspoon."

Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:09 am
by Quinch
Brewster notes the names and faces of the academics present. Someone round here knows what's going on and he means to get to the bottom of it. That done, he starts to clean up after the blind/not blind nutcase.

Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:17 pm
by royya
Tell me if you find something!
Peter, the librarian, tells the others as he heads back to the library.
He will look at the library records to see if Mr. Farr is among them.

Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:17 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Thank you, Miss Ross," says Henry. "If you can find out the name of the star or its position in the sky, I can then discover more about it. If you'll excuse me..." He hurries back inside, gathers his notes, and rushes to the classroom to deliver his lecture.

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:44 am
by Quinch
Once the crowd has dispersed, Brewster shields his eyes from the Sun with his hand and squints into the sky. He spends a good few minutes scanning for stars because he read somewhere that you can see really bright ones even in daylight sometimes. He should probably be more careful about what he reads.

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:33 pm
by Kadael
Peter,Return to your own thread: [url=http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=224&t=3186]In Crumbling Pages[/url]
Henry,Return to your own thread: [url=http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=224&t=3183]The Halls of Academia[/url]
The only things present in the sky are the occasional rolling cloud, a few birds, and the ever-bright sun.

That sad patch of purple flowers won't look right for a while. Mr. Farr doesn't look remotely ashamed as the ambulance drives away.

"Once again, apologies for the disturbance." The Sergeant nods to Brewster and Jean, then turns and motions for the other officers to follow.

Re: IC: Perception [Brewster Cushing/Jean Ross]

Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:46 am
by Quinch
Brewster takes a last look at the sky, shrugs, and returns to his work. When he sees any of his work colleagues, he asks the name Farr rings a bell for any of them.

Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:44 am
by Tabs
"Oh, Sergeant, Mr. Farr . . . did he indicate where his 'star' is, whereabouts in the sky? or anything else?--I know an astronomer, you see."

Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:20 am
by Kadael
"No clue," Sergeant Willem says over his shoulder. "Stay safe, have fun with your astrono-whatsit."

A few young men from Professor Witherspoon's class come up to the window from inside, staring at the red smear. They don't seem to notice Brewster at all.

Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:45 pm
by Tabs
"Thank you, Sergeant."

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:53 pm
by Kadael
"No trouble, no trouble."

The young men settle back into their seats.

Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:58 pm
by Kadael
It's quiet here, save for the birds and Professor Witherspoon's ongoing lecture. A little window washing, a new patch of flowers, and no one will know anything happened here.

Except for Brewster.

That man shouldn't have been able to see anything--his eyes were gone. The doctor said so himself.

What is going on here?

Jean speaks up suddenly. "Do you think this will be in the papers? That reminds me--that detective was going to talk to the newsboy. The newsboy who delivers to my apartment; he saw the whole thing. At least he didn't seem disturbed. I suppose he didn't see Mr. Farr's eyes."

Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:26 am
by Dr.West
Brewster scratches his scraggly chin with a hand of questionable cleanliness. Years of maintenance and janitorial work had made him immune to such cares, and he was far too distracted by the morning's events anyway.

"I guess it depends on what the detective has to say to the boy. There's not a newspaper in the world wouldn't print a story like that." Brewster's face remained twisted in the confused scowl he'd been wearing all morning. He wanted to add a quip about 'juicy details,' but the fresh horror of the scene compelled him not to. He could tell Jean could be easily offended by a man like him.

"Also strange he wasn't disturbed by it. So damned strange, all of it." He narrowed his eyes at Jean, crows feet appearing at their corners. "You say he delivers to your apartment, eh? Think you could talk to him, next time he makes a delivery?"

Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:37 pm
by Kadael
"Yes, probably." Jean casts her eyes toward the sky, as though she's searching for that mysterious "star" again. "I don't know when his next delivery will be, but I'll keep an eye out in the mornings. If nothing else, I can speak to that detective about him."

She folds her arms and turns back to Brewster. "He owes me a chat about the things that go on in this city."

Re: IC: Perception [Brewster/Jean/Genevieve]

Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:41 pm
by Kadael
At first glance, nothing seems strange to Genevieve about this area, save for perhaps the woman idly chatting with the janitor. However, a second look reveals that the window the janitor is scrubbing has been smeared with something that looks an awful lot like blood, and a clump of purple flowers and grass has been torn roughly out of the ground.

Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:24 am
by Laraqua
Genevieve looks about in confusion before chewing her thumb nail and pausing to eavesdrop on the idle chit chat. It all seemed so very strange. Surely these sorts of things didn't occur in real life.

Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:17 pm
by Dr.West
Brewster continues to scrub at the window as he listens to Jean, wiping lazy crimson circles with a rag. His bucket of water is already tinted pink, and he scowls at the mess.

As he rinses the rag again, his eyes catch the slender figure of one of the students nearby. She's young, wide-eyed, and has obviously been eavesdropping on their conversation. Brewster can't remember her name.

"Help you with something, ma'am?" He barks impatiently.

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:53 am
by Laraqua
"J-just enjoying the sunshine," says Genevieve helplessly.

Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:21 pm
by Kadael
"That's not a very safe activity, apparently." Jean fixes Genevieve with a curious stare. "But I suspect you've already heard what happened?"

Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:54 am
by Laraqua
"No," says Genevieve, honestly confused. "Why? What happened?"

Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:14 am
by Dr.West
Brewster pauses in his scrubbing and glances at Jean, brow furrowed in indecision. After a moment, he sighs and resigns himself to telling the nervous girl. He figures once word gets around campus, he'll be asked more anyway. Might as well make sure his story's straight.

"Well, a man escaped from an ambulance near campus and had a little.. run in with the window," Brewster said with a humorless tone. "He most certainly wasn't right in the head, and had some pretty terrible wounds to his eyes." He wondered how much farther to go, but looking at Jean, decided he might as well tell her the truth, see what she makes of it. "There's no way he could see, but most peculiar thing, he kept, well, lookin at things." He was glad he had another witness, not thinking about how crazy the events sounded outside of the situation. "He was infatuated with things, a butterfly, and he tore up these flowers here real good," Brewster gestured, awkwardly.

"Anyway, some orderlies and a cop came and rounded him up, and no one was hurt," he collected himself. "That's the important thing," Brewster said weakly, not really believing his own words as he continued scrubbing the window.
Spoiler:
OOC - Hope I didn't interrupt here. Waited a few days to see if Jean would answer so just decided to continue on.

Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:57 am
by Kadael
Jean nods at Brewster and looks back at Genevieve. "That's the long and short of it, although I didn't personally see him looking at things. How strange." She taps her chin thoughtfully. "Are you sure it wasn't coincidence?"
OOC,No trouble, sir. Jean isn't player-controlled at the moment so don't worry about stepping on her toes.

Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:29 am
by Laraqua
Genevieve looks thoughtful. "Poor fellow."

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:24 pm
by Kadael
"Yes, poor fellow indeed. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it myself." Jean thinks a moment, then takes a step toward Genevieve, towering over her somewhat as she's a rather tall woman. "And in all the confusion I must have forgotten my manners. I'm Jean Ross."

Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:26 am
by Laraqua
"Genevieve," she says primly. "What happened to the poor patient after, do you know? Were the orderlies from Arkham Asylum?"

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:05 am
by Kadael
"I saw what I saw, and if you don't believe me you can ask any of those upstanding academics that were hanging around here," snaps Brewster. "He was staring at us, and at that butterfly, clear as day." He grumbles and assesses the window. Professor Henry Witherspoon has evidently finished his lecture and is heading out of the room.

"You have to understand, it seems impossible," Jean replies, wrinkling her brow. She turns back to Genevieve with a small sigh. "I left the scene briefly to chase after a police detective, so I didn't see everything. But I did see an ambulance leaving when I was heading back. I can only assume he was inside it. Hopefully he didn't escape this one."

"They said they were taking him to the nuthouse," Brewster grunts, "and he had better not have gotten out again." He starts muttering about no-good straitjackets and ambulance drivers, looking frightened along with his obvious irritation.

It is here that Professor Witherspoon strolls up to join the group.

Re: IC: Perception [Brewster/Jean/Genevieve/Henry]

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:46 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Good morning, ladies," says Henry as he walks up, then he nods to Brewster. "Sir."

Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:10 am
by Laraqua
Genevieve turns her prim smile onto the new gentleman. He seemed like an obvious academic, perhaps even a professor. Why couldn't a handsome man ever walk up at a time like this?

Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:33 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Ahem. [b]Henry[/b] [i]does[/i] have a 13 APP. ;)

Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:21 am
by Kadael
"Good morning, again," says Jean pleasantly. "What brings you back out here?"

Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:56 am
by Mr. Handy

"My lecture just finished, and I noticed you outside the window," he says. "I remembered seeing you earlier during the...incident, and I wondered if you might like to talk about it."

Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:20 pm
by Kadael
"Really? Have we been talking here for so long?" Jean raises an eyebrow and looks into the empty lecture hall. "Hmm. Well, we've been discussing the incident ourselves. Can you, as they say, corroborate the groundskeeper's story? He says the grisly gentleman was looking at things, despite having no eyes."

Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:15 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Yes, it looked that way to me too,' says Henry. "I don't have an explanation yet, but I know there must be one. I was just talking about the unusual properties of light that seem to defy reason, but this seems even stranger."

Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:49 am
by Laraqua
"Unusual properties of light?" says Jean incredulously.

Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:13 am
by Mr. Handy

"Oh, yes, it's fascinating," says Henry, clearly interested in the subject. "You see, light exhibits properties of waves and particles, but not of both at once. Experiments have shown that which one actually depends upon whether or not the light is being observed."

Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:46 am
by Kadael
"Excuse me," says a soft voice. Its owner is reflected faintly in the window glass: a tall white man, angelically handsome, with short blond hair and a curious expression on his face. His suit is crisp, white, and so spotless it almost seems to shine in the sunlight. "I'm wondering why there's such an odd crowd gathered here?"
Genevieve,You do not know this man, but the very sight of him fills you with a deep and intense hatred. You feel an inexplicable urge to, at the very least, turn around and slap him hard across the face--but you are capable of choosing not to.
Everyone else,You do not know this man, but the moment you hear his voice you feel strangely relaxed. He seems so friendly and so very charming. Roll a POW x 5; if you succeed, proceed as normal. If you fail, you begin to feel in awe of him. At this point, if you fail a POW x 4 check, you feel compelled to bow before him.
Jean turns around and looks the man up and down. "And what do you mean by that?"

Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:38 am
by Mr. Handy

"You haven't heard what happened here earlier this morning, sir?" asks Henry, in awe of this stranger. He is about to bow, but he stops himself at the last second.

Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:00 am
by Dr.West
Brewster looks the man in the immaculate white suit over, impressed by the neatness of his appearance, but he's seen plenty of fancy outfits around campus before. The educated types had a fondness for extravagant dress like that, and Brewster remained impartial to the man, interested more by his curiosity at the event.

He was happy to have Professor Witherspoon's perspective, smart as he was, and maybe this odd stranger could offer more to their mystery?

Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:00 am
by Laraqua
Genevieve recoils, a look of pure loathing flashing across her eyes, lip curling in a sneer. "And why do you need to know, hmm? You must be very busy approaching every gathering of folks at a university. Or are you used to living in a hermitage and are shocked by the sight of so many people?"

Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:32 am
by Kadael
"I apologize if I've offended, I should have spoken more carefully." The stranger smiles gently at Genevieve. "I only meant that I don't think you're all students, and this isn't the first place I'd expect to see such a group. But if you're discussing the ghastly incident caused by one Mr. Farr? Suddenly it makes sense why you'd all be here."

He turns to look Henry deep in the eyes. "So yes. I have heard. It started last night, and was in this morning's Advertiser. And I can assure you that now, Mr. Farr is safe and sound in the Sanitarium, and there is no need to worry."
Henry,His voice is very soothing. Everything is going to be okay. Why is that young lady [b]Genevieve[/b] being so nasty to him? You can't fathom it. (This is a temporary effect that will last until the man leaves. You feel very calm and relaxed, and this man is the finest company you've ever had.)

Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:31 am
by Laraqua
"Well, forgive me, but you haven't introduced yourself." Genevieve sounds like she's interested in anything but forgiveness. "Do you work at the sanitarium?"

Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:53 am
by Mr. Handy

"Please, Miss, there's no reason to be rude," says Henry. He holds out his hand to the man in white. "That's good to hear. I'm Professor Henry Witherspoon. And you are?"

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:09 am
by Kadael
"My name is Lucius," says the stranger as he politely shakes Henry's hand. "I don't work at the Sanitarium, no, but I have a relationship with the staff there."

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:17 am
by Laraqua
"Relationship?' asks Jenevieve, about as sharply as she intended.

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:33 am
by Mr. Handy

"Pleased to meet you, Lucius," says Henry. "I was wondering how that fellow managed to get loose in the first place."

Re: IC: Perception [Everyone]

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:52 pm
by Kadael
Peter Walton and Jacob Vrees come onto the scene. Several passing students pause and give odd looks to the group gathered outside the Physics Department, but aren't curious enough to stop and inquire.
Peter and Dutch,There are two people here who weren't present earlier in the morning. One is a dark-haired young woman [b](Genevieve)[/b], who would be quite pretty were it not for the expression of disgust on her face. The target of her loathing is a tall white man [b](Lucius)[/b], with glass-green eyes and a spotless white suit. You do not know this man, but the moment you see his face you feel strangely relaxed. He seems so friendly and so very charming. Roll a POW x 5; if you succeed, proceed as normal. If you fail, you begin to feel in awe of him. At this point, if you fail a POW x 4 check, you feel compelled to bow before him.
Lucius nods at Genevieve, his smile unflinching. "Yes, I often visit Dr. Hardstrom, as well as many of the patients. It's a shame that so many of them seem to come from Southside. I've been doing a lot of work in that part of the city recently."
Brewster,You're not exactly the sociable sort, but you're fairly sure you'd have noticed this man prancing around Southside at some point. You've never seen him before in your life.
Jean catches sight of Jacob and smiles. "Ah, Detective. I was wondering whether I'd need to come track you down."

At this, Lucius turns to face the two men properly. "Well, this group is certainly popular. Hello there." He gives a soft, good-natured laugh.

Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:16 am
by Mr. Handy

Henry nods to the new arrivals in greeting. "Good morning, gentlemen," he says.

Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:03 pm
by royya
Peter walks over.
Hello Professor Witherspoon. We were looking for your help.
Peter, the librarian and the asian linguistic student says. Professor Witherspoon remember Peter from the time Peter helped him to decipher an old chinese stellar map.
He waits for the Dutch to introduce himself before continuing.
OOC:   POWX5 roll. 1d100=12  

Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:32 am
by Captain Impossible
"I'm hard to miss in a crowd, Miss Ross," Dutch says. "Professor Witherspoon? I'm Detective Vrees, with the Arkham Police Department. I was told you witnessed the incident earlier today."

The detective's eyes sweep across the group. Most of them he can recognize or ascertain are witnesses to Farr's stroll through the campus. Probably swapping stories and comforting each other. One of them, however, he can't place. The blond gentleman with an aura of easy likability. However, Dutch has spent enough time on the force to not put faith in a stranger's outward appearance, even one as pleasant and respectable as the man in front of him.

"So, Lucius is it? Exactly what sort of work do you do in Southside that's so popular these days?" Dutch has nothing against the man, but if he's some sort of kook looking to hear grisly details or a snake oil salesman looking for a mark, the hardboiled act usually chases them off.

OOC:   POW x 5 Roll: 50  

Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:28 am
by Mr. Handy

"Hello," says Henry. "Yes, I witnessed the incident. How can I help you gentlemen?"

Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:55 am
by Kadael
"Public works," says Lucius. "Mayor Peabody is making good on his promises, don't let anyone tell you differently. I've been supervising and managing the improvement of Walnut Street, mostly."

Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:38 pm
by royya
Professor Witherspoon, if you may...
Peter says and motions Henry to the side as he don't want the others to hear.
Henry,Professor, Me and the detective were onto something. We found that Mr. Farr, the lunatic that were here in the morning saw something that troubled him greatly on his personal telescope, what it was is unknown to me but I wrote down the coordinates of the telescope and the hour he was loosing it. You, as a professionalphysics professor may know how to help us.

Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:51 am
by Mr. Handy

Henry nods.
Peter,[color=brown]"Yes, I can certainly help you there,"[/color] he says. [color=brown]"Astronomy is one of my interests and fields of study. If you have the Right Ascension and Declination coordinates, I can find that spot in the sky at the appropriate hour."[/color]

Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:30 pm
by Dr.West
Brewster greeted the librarian and detective with his usual grunt and nod, his attention held by the pale stranger. He was wary of the man's agreeable formality and charm, especially after seeing how most of the group took so easily to him. Even the professor seemed beguiled by this stranger. Only the young grad student, Ms. Carrington, had kept her head, and Brewster was enjoying the frank, suspicious manner she chose to take with the man. Those who try so hard to seem innocent often have the most to hide, he reflected.

It bothered him even more that the man claimed to work regularly in Southside, Walnut Street specifically, he'd told the detective. Brewster wasn't exactly the social type, but he was damn sure he'd remember this fellow from the area, especially if he dressed like he was now. He did get out, and their line of work was similar.

Mulling over his own suspicions, he decided to keep to himself and let the detective do the probing. He'd become quite keen at listening inconspicuously on the conversations he wished, thanks to his years around campus. People would be surprised at the amount of information, or gossip, an ancillary figure like himself could gather just by listening.

Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:49 pm
by royya
Thanks you professor.
Peter says to HEnry and walks back to Dutch.
Professor Witherspoon will help us.

Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:31 am
by Captain Impossible
"Civic improvement. Always a noble end, Lucius..." Vrees says, "I'm sorry, I did not get your last name, nor your position in City Hall. I am a bit of a stickler. A useful trait in my profession, Lucius...?"

Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:07 am
by Kadael
"Carlisle. Lucius Carlisle." He gives Dutch a curious stare. "You certainly do ask a lot of questions! Arkham's police force could use more people like you. You're looking into the Farr incident, aren't you?"

He grins. His teeth are very white. "Did you consider there might not be much to look into? Lunatics are a simple fact of life. Mr. Farr is safe and sound in the Sanitarium. I could even show you."

Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:34 pm
by Captain Impossible
"Maybe so, Mr. Carlisle," the detective responds. "But the public good demands that all possibilities be examined and accepted or ruled out. What one man would consider a open and shut case, another might view as inadequate. Add one person with a suspicious mind and a loud voice, and conspiracies start to pop up. Better that the facts remain in the scope of reasoned authority than fantasists. As for the offer to see Mr. Farr, I'll leave it to the doctors to determine his safety." Dutch tries to remember if he's heard of Mr. Carlisle before.

Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:52 am
by royya
Dutch,[b]Why dont you want to visit Mr. Farr?[/b] Peter whispers to Dutch [b]That would crack the case, right?[/b] [i]Wow, visiting the asylum. that would be cool.[/i] Peter thinks to himself

Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:56 am
by Laraqua
"I'd like to see this, Mr. Farr," says Genevieve despite herself. Why did I just ask that? What is it about this man that makes me doubt his every word?

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:21 am
by Captain Impossible
"In time, Mr. Carlisle," the detective says. "However, I need to interview witnesses without interruption," Dutch says. "I'm sure you will appreciate the need for me to interview the witnesses in private."

Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:07 am
by Kadael
Lucius turns his smiling glass-green eyes towards Genevieve for a moment. "Would you? I'm not sure a good young lady like you should be seeing that sort of thing any more than she has to. I suppose I could take you to see him..."

He trails off and looks back to Dutch. "Of course, Detective. I shouldn't linger here much longer anyway. There is always much to do."
Dutch,You've never heard of a [b]Lucius Carlisle[/b] living in Arkham. You don't even think you've heard of anybody around here with his last name.

Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:08 pm
by royya
I don't like that man
Peter whispers to Prof. Witherspoon, nodding to the Lucius guy
We can't let her go with him, we must join her.
Peter don't say anything to Dutch as he don't want the stranger to hear him.

Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:27 am
by Captain Impossible
The detective tips his hat to Lucius, waiting for him to leave before addressing the witnesses. "Professor, I was wondering if we could take a look at some telescope coordinates, " Dutch says, not entirely skilled with the proper astronomical terms.

Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:26 am
by Mr. Handy

"Of course, Detective," says Henry, "I'd be happy to help you. Of course, we'll have to wait until nightfall. We're not going to see anything during the daytime."

Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:14 am
by Laraqua
"Of course I will want to see this Mr. Farr," says Genevieve a little tersely.

Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:12 pm
by royya
Miss...
Peter address Genevieve.
I think you better not visit that man alone. I'm willing to join you and I hop the detective and the professor will come as well.

Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:59 am
by Laraqua
"If you like," says Genevieve, trying not to reveal her relief behind a veil of casual disinterest.

Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:41 pm
by Kadael
OOC,It looks like Genevieve and Peter are going to the Sanitarium, and everyone else is staying here. If no one would prefer to be somewhere else, I'll split the party accordingly.

Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:36 pm
by Mr. Handy

"I'd be willing to see Mr. Farr as well," says Henry, looking at Dutch. "You'd want to talk to him, I'm sure, and I can answer any questions you have about astronomy on the way."

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:51 pm
by Captain Impossible
"It's generally considered bad form to have witnesses interacting in a situation like Mr. Farr's before talking with them," Dutch says, trying to calm down the situation. "And despite what Mr. Carlisle said, I don't think the asylum appreciates unannounced field trips to view its catch of the day. I'm certain I can arrange for a visit through proper channels."

Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:00 pm
by Kadael
"I'm quite sure Dr. Hardstrom wouldn't mind," says Lucius, "but I would hate to interfere with your good work, Detective. I'll gladly leave you to talk with the witnesses here."

He raises an eyebrow at Genevieve. "Ah, but Miss... are you a witness to what occurred?"

Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:21 am
by Laraqua
"No," said Genevieve. "No, I'm not." She turns to the detective. "What crime took place here, anyway? I thought a man came out, self-mutilated himself, and was sent back to the asylum?"