CHAPTER 5: IC - At Sea > NYC to Panama

Moderator: Job

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: CHAPTER 5: IC - At Sea

Post by Mr. Handy »

Katie shakes his hand firmly again. "Thank you, Commander," she says. "I am looking forward to your decision, and I hope to join your expedition tomorrow." She gives him the name and room number of the hotel where she is staying in Panama City, as well as the telephone number, so that he can contact her.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by royya »

Paco finds Rucker easly, in his chamber. He hurries after the man to find Øyvind.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Job
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 4 months

Post by Job »

Evening, Tuesday, September 19, 1933
Mr. Handy wrote:Katie shakes his hand firmly again. "Thank you, Commander," she says. "I am looking forward to your decision, and I hope to join your expedition tomorrow." She gives him the name and room number of the hotel where she is staying in Panama City, as well as the telephone number, so that he can contact her.

"Good bye, Miss Wright." Starkweather turned to Professor Moore and said, "Please come to see me when you've finished, William. There are a few things that we need to discuss." He then left the room.

Professor Moore asked Katie if she could linger for a few minutes, then instructed Ernest to seek out First Officer Turlow on the main deck for a quick tour of the ship and to be led to his cabin.

After Ernest left the room, Moore closed the door and turned to Katie.
For Mr. Handy Eyes Only,Professor Moore said, [color=#0000FF]"Miss Wright, I'd like to apologize for James. You may already have heard of the fire on our pier in New York City. That calamity added three days to our schedule and James is under enormous pressure to make up the lost time. He unfortunately did not present his best side to you today. “However, as co-leader of this expedition, I feel strongly enough about your capabilities that I’d like to make you an offer. We can surely use your talents on this most difficult of journeys. I approve your request to join our team but, until I gain agreement from my partner, I ask that you not tell anyone your status. The only exception to this would be Camille Bardier, with whom you’ll be sharing a cabin. I also ask that you hide your presence from James until I alert you of his agreement. "I'm very sorry to ask you to take part in such a childish scheme, but I think it's the only way to get you aboard the [i]Gabrielle[/i] while we're in Panama. We simply do not have time. Will you do this?”[/color] Moore looked expectantly at Katie, awaiting her reply.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Job. (the tortured one)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Keeper only,[color=red]"Yes, gladly,"[/color] says [b]Katie[/b] with a smile. [color=red]"I'm just thrilled to be joining this expedition, and I can't wait to meet [b]Camille Bardier[/b]. My luggage is back at my hotel in Panama City, but it's all packed and I'm sure someone can pick it up. I've already made arrangements for my plane to be kept at the local airfield on a long term basis."[/color]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

royya wrote:Paco finds Rucker easily, in his chamber. He hurries after the man to find Øyvind.
The two men rushed into the adjacent room, to Øyvind. Paco knelt and gently shook the Norwegian's shoulder. "Øyvind," Paco said. "Padre Rucker is here. Tell him what is wrong, por favor."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Job. (the tortured one)
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

Mr. Handy wrote:
Keeper only,[color=red]"Yes, gladly,"[/color] says [b]Katie[/b] with a smile. [color=red]"I'm just thrilled to be joining this expedition, and I can't wait to meet [b]Camille Bardier[/b]. My luggage is back at my hotel in Panama City, but it's all packed and I'm sure someone can pick it up. I've already made arrangements for my plane to be kept at the local airfield on a long term basis."[/color]
For Mr. Handy eyes only,[color=#0000FF] "Splendid! I'm excited to have you on our team! Once James sees your contributions, I'm sure that he'll also be pleased. "You'll be in cabin number five with Camille, adjacent to the Officer's Mess. I'll signal you with a knock each morning when James has left the area, and be sure to return to your room before 9 o'clock at night, when James usually retires. And of course, since our Commander normally eats in the Officer's Mess, you'll need to avoid that area at meal time. "Since James knows that you're aboard today, please feel free to explore our ship. But as of tomorrow--and until I've alerted you that he's in agreement--you'll need to limit your activities to your cabin and the lower decks. "I'll send someone to get your bags and have them delivered to your room. "And now I'm afraid that I must get back to work."[/color] Moore smiled broadly and reached out to shake Katie's hand. [color=#0000FF]"Welcome aboard!"[/color] [img]http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab137/jdeleski/BtMoM/USSGabrielleAfterdeck.jpg[/img]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Job. (the tortured one)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Keeper only,[color=red]"Thank you, Professor,"[/color] says [b]Katie[/b], giving him a firm handshake. [color=red]"I think I'll start by looking around on the upper decks, since I won't be able to see them for some time after today."[/color]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Øyvind lies over to his side grabbing his throat 'Father' 'I think it was a dream' 'i dont know why but im not sure if it was' .... 'I woke and was going down the hall towards the toilets' 'it was in the mirror' ' some kind of leech' 'it borrowed itself beneath my skin' 'i was so terrified' 'it was so real' 'the pain the crawling made' 'God' ...... Øyvind starts to silently cry as he massages his neck should and throat. 'I tried to scream i even fired my gun' 'but none came' 'i think i fainted and awoke here' 'im not sure' 'it was so real' 'i cannot had been a dream' 'ive never had a dream like that'
~Bony End of Story~
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Calm down son, calm down. God protects his children and your soul is among them.
Father Paul Rucker tries to comfort the panicked Norwegian.
Paco, water please.
He turns back to Øyvind and tries to check his neck and nape. In addition he tries to recall similar things from his knowledge of the occult and the mythos and his biological knowledge about parasite organisms. If he recalls none, he tries some common knowledge about tropical diseases that Dr. Watkins might be the help.
OOC,I guess that Occult, Mythos, Biology and Medicine rolls can be rolled here.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

royya wrote:Calm down son, calm down. God protects his children and your soul is among them.
Father Paul Rucker tries to comfort the panicked Norwegian.
Paco, water please.
'It was the Devil was it not Padre' 'was it not?' Øyvind ask looking Rucker in the mid of his eyes 'Some Demon hunting my soul'...... 'Padre, that thing borrowed itself in my head and disappeared Padre!' he stands up and turns is back to Rucker indicating the base of his skull 'right there!'
~Bony End of Story~
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Let me see.
Father Rucker investigate more closly Øyvind's nape
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

Mr. Handy wrote:
Keeper only,[color=red]"Thank you, Professor,"[/color] says [b]Katie[/b], giving him a firm handshake. [color=red]"I think I'll start by looking around on the upper decks, since I won't be able to see them for some time after today."[/color]
For Mr. Handy eyes only,[color=#0000FF]"Very good. Should you have any questions during our--shall we say, our blackout period?--then simply open your door in the mornings when I knock. I'll be sure to reserve a bit of time each morning to discuss things, and will also provide you with a copy of our daily schedule at that time. I look forward to working with you in the coming months, Miss Wright!"[/color] Moore led you from the Owner's Suite, locked it, and then departed, presumably to meet with James Starkweather.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Job. (the tortured one)
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

royya wrote:Paco, water please.
"Si, Padre!" Paco left the room to fetch some water.

royya wrote:
OOC from Royya,I guess that Occult, Mythos, Biology and Medicine rolls can be rolled here.
OOC Response from Job,This is an area where, as Keeper, I've made hidden rolls for Father Rucker. Rucker determines that this is nothing more than a nightmare, possibly brought on by the terrible events and deaths at the dock in New York City which both Øyvind and Rucker witnessed, first hand. He's not certain of this conclusion, but after examining Øyvind, there is nothing that leads him to think otherwise.
royya wrote:Let me see.
Father Rucker investigate more closly Øyvind's nape
The priest does not see any physical damage; no wounds, bruises, or blood. Nothing, other than the psychological impact--probably temporary, he believes--that Øyvind apparently has taken from his nightmare.

After Father Rucker completes his examination of Øyvind, he sees that Paco has returned with a pitcher of water and cups. Paco fills a cup with water and hands it to the priest. "Here is water, Padre. Está bien? Is he OK?

Father Rucker notices that Paco's hand is trembling as he passes the water.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Job.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Katie heads for the stairway forward of the galley and ascends to the next deck.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

Mr. Handy wrote:Katie heads for the stairway forward of the galley and ascends to the next deck.
From the Owner's Suite on the Boat Deck (where Katie met with Professor Moore), Katie climbs one flight of stairs, opening a stout wooden door at the top into a large, brightly lit room with captain's wheel, an array of desks, navigational equipment, and maps, along with two gentlemen in naval attire.
Link to map of Bridge Deck and Boat Deck

An elderly officer turns as Katie enters, saying, "Good evening. Might I be of assistance?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Job. (the tortured one)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Good evening, sir," says Katie. "I'm Katie Wright. Are you the captain? I'd like to look around the ship, with your permission, of course."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

"Yes ma'am, I am Captain Vredenburgh and this is Arthur Ballard, my second officer," he said as he reached forward to shake hands with Katie.

"And your name is Katie Wright? I'm afraid that I don't recall you being on the ship's roster... I assume that you've been approved by James Starkweather or William Moore?"

Captain Vredenburgh sent Arthur to confirm Katie's assignment with Professor Moore and, upon his return, the Captain smiled and responded, "Welcome to the SS Gabrielle, Miss Wright. I believe that you'll find our ship is not only a strong, seaworthy vessel, but also one with comfortable accommodations and an excellent cook. You have my consent to explore the ship. If you have any questions about the Gabrielle, don't hesitate to contact either myself or First Officer Turlow."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Job. (the tortured one)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you, Captain," says Katie, returning his handshake with a strong grip. "It's good to meet you. Is there anyone available who can give me a brief tour?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

At twenty-one hundred hours on the ninteenth of September in Panama City, Peter Sykes waits for his colleagues to gather outside the train station to begin their evening's adventure. He sits on a dark wooden bench under dim lantern light, smoking a large odious cigar, laughing with a few locals. As each member of the expedition arrives, he offers them a nip from his hip flask: a pleasantly-smooth, slightly-sweet liqueur which quickly warms each individual for the night ahead.

Peter grins and exclaims, "I can't wait to once again meet my Lovely Lolita! It's been a two years--no THREE years!--since I last came to Panama City and I miss her dearly. Our first stop is "El Zorro's", just down the road. You are in for a treat!" He winks slyly at you while drawing on his cigar, the tip glowing red, illuminating his deeply lined face. He slowly blew a stream of smoke from the corner of his mouth, away from you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Job. (the tortured one)
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

Mr. Handy wrote:"Thank you, Captain," says Katie, returning his handshake with a strong grip. "It's good to meet you. Is there anyone available who can give me a brief tour?"
"Yes, you'll find First Officer Turlow on the main deck. He will get you oriented and squared away. While you're waiting for him, I recommend that you locate the ship's mess. You can't miss it; just follow the aroma of fresh coffee down the hall. There's always a pot brewing in the Ship's Mess, hot and strong."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Job.

Return to “Archive - Completed Chapters”