OOC: CHAPTER 2 - Death of a Sea Captain

Moderator: Job

Job
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 3 months

OOC: CHAPTER 2 - Death of a Sea Captain

Post by Job »

I've resurrected our Chapter 2 thread from EnWorld here by copying all posts (a total of 3!) from that area into our IC thread. This will be the same approach that I'll use to re-start our active IC threads for Chapters 5 and 5a.

The Chapter 2 IC thread at this point only involves Martin LeBlanc (our photojournalist, now an NPC), George Barrow (our Biologist/Chemist played by Anatomist), and William Moore (an NPC).

Job.
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Re: CHAPTER 2: OOC - Death of a Sea Captain

Post by Job »

As we re-started our campaign on this Play@YSDC website, I decided to let this chapter 2 thread lie slumbering so that we could build momentum with the other chapters. Since those chapters are now well underway, there is the option for Martin LeBlanc and George Barrow to now pick up the action in this thread and to potentially uncover some information that may help later in the campaign.

Please keep in mind that the action in this chapter 2 thread actually occurs prior to the departure of the USS Gabrielle from NYC, so this thread is out of sequence with Chapter 5. This creates some time schism confusion, but it allows us move the expedition along while finishing up our investigations in NY.

Here's a summary of what's going on in this Chapter 2 IC thread: Job.
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

Ah, BenTheRat and Anatomist,

I notice that your characters have a habit of bribing the New York City population! First a cabbie... Now a hotel clerk... Soon the USS Gabrielle captain? Who says that money can't buy happiness?

Just kidding. ;)

Job.
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Post by Anatomist »

~Bony End of Story~
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

Excellent rolls! I've added a couple more observations for your characters. Be aware that an Idea roll will usually get you a bit more information in my game, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the information will help you. :?

Job.
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

For those of you who might want a laugh, I've updated our Chapter 2 newsreel to now include some actual footage of 1933 New York City and the exciting cab ride for George and Martin to Captain Douglas' hotel. You've seen the first part of the newsreel, but there's now an extra 30 seconds or so of NYC. The new footage starts at approximately 1.00 minute in.

I love the parting shot of the laughing cab driver in the final scene of the cab ride, just before the transition to the photo of Captain Douglas' hotel.

Here's a link.

I'll continue to update the newsreels as our campaign continues.

Job.
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Nice vid :D
For BentTheRat ONLY,I got 1% on lockppicking and no lockpicks You got any creative way to open that door? George can probably persuade the cop downstairs. I want to fake a medical emergency making him help George down to the lobby.
~Bony End of Story~
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

BenTheRat you still with us? you got pm from me.
~Bony End of Story~
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Sorry, due to my company clamping down on this site (as well as many others) and limited time in the evenings. I'll be dropping out of this game.

BtR
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

BenTheRat wrote:Sorry, due to my company clamping down on this site (as well as many others) and limited time in the evenings. I'll be dropping out of this game.

BtR
Thank you for providing us with an update, BtR. I've sent a PM to Ewoklord to see if he's still interested in joining our game; Ewoklord expressed interest in joining us about a month ago, and is first on our alternates list. If Ewoklord is no longer interested or doesn't respond in a week or so (real time), then I'll reach out to our second alternate, Captain Impossible.

Job.
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Aine, the italic form of the letters are manly used as representing thought of the character not speech, just for your information :)

http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtop ... 34#p132734
~Bony End of Story~
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

aine wrote:Image
Martin feels a tad glum at the thought of inaction but waits to see what Starkweather and Moore say; if they lend him a man then it'll be safe enough, on his own it may be a different matter. "I've just had the thought, there may be the police presence at the funeral. If we are together, George, may they not recognise us then too?"
OOC,Are George and Martin on first name or surname terms?
Very much on Surname. George Barrow is a distinct professor! ;)
~Bony End of Story~
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

Anatomist wrote:Aine, the italic form of the letters are manly used as representing thought of the character not speech, just for your information :)

http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtop ... 34#p132734
Yeah, that's true that on this forum we try to use italics to represent a character's thoughts, and a color for a character's speech. It's a nice standard that helps folks to read through the threads, but no worries; I don't usually follow up with anyone unless the writing is unclear.

While we're on the subject of writing standards, I noticed that Mr. Handy indicated his dice rolls in a very nice way that I'll be using in the future. He used a short descriptive phrase with a link to the roll on Invisible Castle, and his text flowed very nicely with the story rather than disrupting the reading with a spoiler block or reference. Here's a link to his post. I like this, and if you remember to use his format, that would be good. But don't worry overmuch about it. As long as I am able to follow your character's action, feel free to write as creatively as you can while your ideas flow. If ever I get confused (and sometimes I am easily confused...), I'll send you a PM.

Job.
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Aine seems your doing your gameresearch pretty well :)

You can use this thread to locate the old EnWorld ones. http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtop ... 212&t=2859
If you cant find them, give me a qord an i will help you out.

-A
~Bony End of Story~

Return to “Archive - Completed Chapters”