CHAPTER 2: IC - Death of a Sea Captain [George & Martin]

Moderator: Job

Job
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 3 months

Re: CHAPTER 2: IC - Death of a Sea Captain [George & Martin]

Post by Job »

Anatomist wrote:'Phillip' if you have anything on your hearth let me know, please' 'I would love to chat with you about your brother' 'he always fascinated my in some odd way'
"I appreciate your kind words, Mr. Barrow. Thank you. But I really must be going. If I recollect anything important that might help you, I'll write a letter to you, care of the SS Gabrielle." With that, Philip shakes hands and walks silently away from the gravesite, shoulders slumped, towards the parked vehicles.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Job. (the tortured one)
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

aine wrote:Martin responds to Gerald Brackman, "I'm afraid I didn't have that pleasure. I wish I had known him better though, he seemed a man after my own heart from what I have heard. If he was a friend of yours then please accept my condolences. Did you know him well Mr. Brackman?"
"Not all that well, no. He was a client of mine. A legal matter. I'm a lawyer based in New York City."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Job. (the tortured one)
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by aine »

Martin decides to take the plunge. "Well I need to be off but it's good to see a few of the captain's colleagues here. I'm surprised Acacia Lexington hasn't turned up though."
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Martin sees George ready to leave. "Well gentlemen, a pleasure to meet you both but I must go now. Would it be possible to take a card, Mr Brackman? One never knows when one may need a lawyer." Martin shakes hands with both of them and then walks over towards the car.
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

aine wrote:Martin decides to take the plunge. "Well I need to be off but it's good to see a few of the captain's colleagues here. I'm surprised Acacia Lexington hasn't turned up though."
Questioning looks cross the faces of both men and Detective Hansen asks, "Acacia Lexington? Why do you think that Miss Lexington would come to Captain Douglas' funeral?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Job. (the tortured one)
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

ooc,Sorry, I think my knowledge of the story prior to joining the game is a little rusty - I thought she'd had contact with the captain and that Martin knew this.
.Martin blusters as he leaves, "Oh, um I thought she might know him, expedition business and such. Just what I'd read in the papers. Sorry, my mistake." He heads over to the car.
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

aine wrote:
ooc,Sorry, I think my knowledge of the story prior to joining the game is a little rusty - I thought she'd had contact with the captain and that Martin knew this.
Martin blusters as he leaves, "Oh, um I thought she might know him, expedition business and such. Just what I'd read in the papers. Sorry, my mistake." He heads over to the car.
The detective looks for a long while at Martin as the photojournalist walks away. Hansen has a faraway look in his eyes and his mind is obviously elsewhere, as if repositioning some pieces of some puzzle that only he can see.
Martins Knowledge,You are correct, it's true that Martin knew [url=http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/pbp/viewtopic.php?f=212&t=2830&start=80#p130145]this fact[/url]. See the first bulleted item.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Job. (the tortured one)
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Martin walks back over to George and the car. "Well, that fellow with Detective Hansen isn't German either; he's a lawyer, Gerald Brackman. I guess the German didn't turn up here. Philip didn't say much did he?"
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Post by Anatomist »

aine wrote:Martin walks back over to George and the car. "Well, that fellow with Detective Hansen isn't German either; he's a lawyer, Gerald Brackman. I guess the German didn't turn up here. Philip didn't say much did he?"

'No, not really'
George looks out of the window absent minded.
~Bony End of Story~
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

aine wrote:Martin sees George ready to leave. "Well gentlemen, a pleasure to meet you both but I must go now. Would it be possible to take a card, Mr Brackman? One never knows when one may need a lawyer." Martin shakes hands with both of them and then walks over towards the car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Job. (IANAL)
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

Anatomist wrote:
aine wrote:Martin walks back over to George and the car. "Well, that fellow with Detective Hansen isn't German either; he's a lawyer, Gerald Brackman. I guess the German didn't turn up here. Philip didn't say much did he?"

'No, not really'
George looks out of the window absent minded.
From behind them, the men hear Professor Moore, who responds, "You're right. I also didn't speak with anyone whom I thought might be of German descent. However I did find Philip's comments about Danforth very interesting."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Job. (the tortured one)
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

.Martin twists in his seat to Professor Moore. "How so, Sir?" He takes out the businesscard and shows it around to see if anyone knows of the lawyer.
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Post by Anatomist »

aine wrote:Martin twists in his seat to Professor Moore. "How so, Sir?" He takes out the businesscard and shows it around to see if anyone knows of the lawyer.

George looks at the card 'No idea who that can be'

Job wrote: " However I did find Philip's comments about Danforth very interesting."
.'Indeed' Said George and both sees how George's interest was again there in his eyes. 'Lets visit him, as soon i get of this silly costume'
~Bony End of Story~
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Martin nods. "So back home first to change then?" He lets go the clutch and starts to drive them away. He looks in the rear mirror to see if anyone takes much interest in their departure and then concentrates on the driving.
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

aine wrote:Martin twists in his seat to Professor Moore. "How so, Sir?" He takes out the businesscard and shows it around to see if anyone knows of the lawyer.
Moore responds, "Paul Danforth was one of the few Miskatonic Expedition members to return from Antarctica, along with Professor William Dyer. He and Dyer were the only team members who flew into the Mountains--and survived. I was aware that Danforth had suffered a nervous breakdown from his experiences, but until Philip described his brother's nightmares, I wasn't aware of the extent of Danforth's madness."

"Hmm, no, I'm not familiar with Gerald Brackman."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Job. (the tortured one)
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

Anatomist wrote:
Job wrote: " However I did find Philip's comments about Danforth very interesting."
'Indeed' Said George and both sees how George's interest was again there in his eyes. 'Lets visit him, as soon i get of this silly costume'
Professor Moore shrugs and says, "That won't be possible, I'm afraid, since no one knows where Mr. Danforth is. He disappeared shortly after he was released from the hospital."

"Yes, poor chap," remarks Starkweather. "You never quite know how an individual will react to the stress of a bleak environment such as Antarctica. The barren landscape. A solitary existence with only a small group of teammates. It brings out the best of some individuals, and the worst in others."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Job. (the tortured one)
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

aine wrote:Martin nods. ... He lets go the clutch and starts to drive them away. He looks in the rear mirror to see if anyone takes much interest in their departure and then concentrates on the driving.
All of those gathered appear to have now dispersed. All except one. That person remains standing where you last saw him, watching your departing car, and then he drops his gaze to the small headstone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Job. (the tortured one)
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"That Detective Hansen is, how do you say? A dog with a bone." He knows there is something suspicious, I wish we knew what he knows; it may help." Martin says as they start to pull away.

Return to “Archive - Completed Chapters”