Anthony DeCarlo - Private Eye - At your service

A book has been stolen and needs to be retrieved. A simple enough task, you think, as you get landed with the job. Or is it?

Moderator: Kallisto73

Kallisto73
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 1 month

Re: Anthony DeCarlo - Private Eye - At your service

Post by Kallisto73 »

Spoiler:
"Why, yes Mr DeCarlo, I would love to. Would you like to leave the papers and I will go through them and will give you my analysis over dinner?"
Pickman37
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 12 years 4 months

Post by Pickman37 »

OOC,Wow, that went better than I thought. Unfortunately, I did not personally think to bring the papers with me. :oops: Would a luck roll suffice here? If not, I will accept the offer, explaining my predicament and then take the time to travel back home to get the papers, using a cab both ways (since I can afford it) to speed up their arrival in presenting them to the young Ms. McLane. How big can Arkham be? That should still give me some time to acquire some fresh new clothes for this engagement :D
Kallisto73
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kallisto73 »

Spoiler:
luck roll: impale, massive success! http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3764868/
Your face lights up. You had stashed the papers safely into an envelope and put them under your waistcoat. You had, after all, almost paid with your life for them. Nothing was going to take them away from you.
You hand them to Ms McLane, who looks at them, frowns, looks at you and says "Well, that is something you don't see every day. Alright, when will you pick me up?"
Pickman37
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Pickman37 »

OOC,What luck!!...but I'm sure Invisible Castle will get me in the end when I need these rolls later. However good for a date now :D
"I can pick you up around 6:45 if you like...and if you give me your address..."

Anthony was not the most confident man but felt like he had scored big...like Babe Ruth helping win the '23 World Series. He passed the papers to the young lady and waited for a response. He withdrew his pen and notepad to record her address...
And onward...,Once he acquires the address to pick her up, DeCarlo will go out and try to purchase a new suit. Most likely a Cashmere Dress suit due to funds. He'll have no time to wash it but will choose a seller who can provide the cleanest one. The remaining cash on his person will go towards the cab and the meal.
Kallisto73
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kallisto73 »

She accepts the papers and gives you her address. It is in the better, but not the posh part of town. She informs you that she is boarding with a "charming widow" who rents out rooms in her house to young lady-lodgers.

You confirm address and time once more and, with a slight spring in your step, you make your way into town to shop for a nice suit.
Spoiler:
[Spoiler-Button]It is not a problem to find shops that carry second-hand clothes. I would assume that a suit like that would come in at around 60 Dollars[/Spoiler-Button]
Pickman37
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Pickman37 »

OOC,Sorry for the inconsistent posting, I've been pre-occupied in the RL world. I was going by the 1920s price list in the rulebook. I was looking for something in the 20$ price range as to not leave me short for the meal and to still have pocket cash available. Let me know if I am able to find this. If not I'll have to go with what I got....However, not sure if I have time to get that dry cleaned and pressed ;)

Return to “From Beyond”