2: Travel Arrangements [All characters]

Moderator: Airbornexo

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Re: 2: Travel Arrangements [All characters]

Post by Tabs »

Prof. Eckhart, despite his antipathy for Freyja and what he supposes her to be, is only human. Surreptitiously he watches her....

Excuse me, madam, the book: it was written by a relative perhaps? Your name is Staahl Oxenstjärna?
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Armond, nods to the professor, but as he approaches Kirsten, the Spaniard nearly knocks him over to get to the seat. Armond decides its best not to make a fuss, and continues onto the back of the plane where Carl is seating.

"Mind if I join you? Name is Armond."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

Percy try avoid laughing.
They may speak of war, politics and great expeditions, but put a women in the middle and they will return to the basic instints no matter the race. This will be interesting to watch. Guess they don't want to use the local women for racial purity.
Chivalrybean
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 5 months

Post by Chivalrybean »

Carl nods at Armond.

"I'm Carl! Certainly, have a seat!" He gestures to the empty seat. "What area of expert training brings you on this wunderbar mission, Armond?"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Armond laughs a bit while he takes a seat. "Nice to meet you, but I'm no expert. I'm just along to assist Prof. Eckhart up there. He's one of the foremost authorities in the field of Botany. What about yourself Carl? I have to say I was a bit surprised to see so many Americans on the mission."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Chivalrybean
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Chivalrybean »

"An, an expert in being helping out, then. Being helpful is a wonderful thing."

Calr glaces around for the professor.

"A botanist? Very nice, I know only a little from the plants where we are going. I know a lot more of the little parasites and diseases you can get. I grew up part of my life in the Congo, with my parents, learning medicine, among other things."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Did I learn anything from my earlier successful Psychology roll? What language is [b]Alvaro[/b] speaking?

"Be my guest," says Kirsten with a smile, motioning at the empty seat beside her. "Pleased to meet you. I'm Kirsten Hart, the historian with this expedition. I'm from Los Angeles, in America." She extends her hand.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Armond laughs quietly, "I wouldn't even say I'm an expert on helping but thank you. So what part of the Congo did you live?"
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

In reply to prof Eckhart, Freyja says, "Oh, nej. It´s my notes from a symposium I held at a Ahnenerbe meet in 1936. I documented the lot while Reichsgeschäftsführer Wolfram Sievers was in Bohuslän on expedition.", "I´m Freyja Staahl Oxenstjärna, pleased to meet you mein Herr!"
She hesitates and adds, "Do you have some interest in runes, mayhaps professor?"
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Syrinx wrote:Freyja..."Oh, nej. It´s my notes from a symposium I held at a Ahnenerbe meet in 1936. I documented the lot while Reichsgeschäftsführer Wolfram Sievers was in Bohuslän on expedition.", "I´m Freyja Staahl Oxenstjärna, pleased to meet you mein Herr!"
And I'm Paul Eckhart. I am truly impressed!--I mean--and this is a confession--I had doubted your right to be here with us on the expedition; Ms. Staahl Oxenstjärna: you are so, er, young; not at all the academic. I wonder...may I peruse your notes?
She hesitates and adds, "Do you have some interest in runes, mayhaps professor?"
Absolutely not! But I feel the need to learn something more about the expedition. Your notes, please?

Tell me, Ms. Staahl Oxenstjärna, what is your stated purpose in accompanying us? And how did you fall in with those americans?
Chivalrybean
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Chivalrybean »

BenTheRat wrote:Armond laughs quietly, "I wouldn't even say I'm an expert on helping but thank you. So what part of the Congo did you live?"
"Various places, mostly native villages, but once we lived near on a river that dealt mostly in shipping palm oil. My parents were medical missionaries."
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"Various places, mostly native villages, but once we lived near on a river that dealt mostly in shipping palm oil. My parents were medical missionaries."
"That is so interesting, on the flight you can tell me all about the Congo. I'm very excited to be going." Armond replied.
Last edited by BenTheRat on Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Freyja hands over the notes to the professor.

The Notes:
Spoiler:
"Angenehm Herr Eckhart... I´m documenting the expedition as best as I can. To have a movie star on toll, makes it a pleasant task. That´s how I got in touch with Miss Hart. So, was ist dein spezialität, denn?"

"Those notes are mainly on the ancient rune scripture and mythical meanings of certain pictograms... Since the Ahnenerbe visited my place of birth, I volunteered to document the findings and the expedition."

She flips to a section in the notes showing pictures from a cinema in Backa, Sweden. On the picture, Sievers can be seen toasting for a successful expedition with the rather small staff of the expedition.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Freyja...was ist dein spezialität, denn?"
Botanik.

Prof. Eckhart studies the notes. He taps one page which he finds particularly interesting.

Fascinerande.

So, are there are pictograms to be found at Backa?

He peers round at Eichelberger and Wahl.

I wonder when we depart?...
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Yes, this one is called son of god..." Freyja points at the one at the top right corner. "Somehow that one interested Sievers the most... Something with a calender and descendants from the Norse gods." "The Hammer of Thor and such... Might be what we´re looking for - a weapon that is reusable?"

She winks at Eckhart and sees that he´s checking for the leaders. Nevermind, she thinks and gets up to take yet another snap shot of the scene.
TVblog

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

Percy takes a nap.
Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Post by Airbornexo »

Arrangements are finalised, orders are barked and the various doors to the aircraft are slammed shut. The Sergeant takes his place with his soldiers and gently chides them for their lack of discipline, getting them to stow loose gear and secure their packs in the overhead racks. After another moment both Wahl and Eichelberger took their seats. They began pouring over charts and maps in intense conversation about the logistics of the expedition.

With a gentle rumble the four engines began to turn slowly, then as the pilot pushed up the revs the sound and gentle vibration increased. The large plane began to pivot and taxi across the runway and in another moment was climbing into the sky. Eichelberger turned in his seat and addressed the cabin. "Now the real work begins my friends, my aide will be around presently to hand out the itinerary. Please take time to study it before we land in a few hours."

With that he turned back to Wahl and their planning continued...
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Armond kicked back in his seat. "Finally, we are off. Let the adventure begin."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Chivalrybean
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Chivalrybean »

OOC,SAN checks for those afraid of flying.
[/color]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,You never said what, if anything, I learned from my successful Psychology roll about [b]Wahl[/b].

While she waits for the itinerary to be handed out, Kirsten takes advantage of the relative silence around her to eavesdrop on Wahl and Eichelberger. Her keen hearing allows her to pick out nearly every word with little effort, and she feigns the appearance of not even trying to listen in.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep

Return to “Fortune and Glory - Archive”