3: Trouble in Tripoli [all characters]

A 1940s pulp game for Call of Cthulhu....Infiltrate the Ahnenerbe and join the enemy in Berlin. Accompany the expedition to darkest Afrika to uncover a secret best left alone. Nazis! Archaeology! Exploration and Madness!

Moderator: Airbornexo

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Re: 3: Trouble in Tripoli [all characters]

Post by Tabs »

Listen roll,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3441284/]Listen 25% (1d100=4)[/url]
Prof. Eckhart is thinking about cotton sheets and a soft pillow . . .
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by Anatomist »

Listen roll,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3441302/]Listen 25% (1d100=82)[/url]
~Bony End of Story~
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

Percy is thinking that he won't probably go to the nearest brothel after all he drank.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3444996/
Last edited by kabukiman on Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Job
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Job »

Jurgen maintains a passive smiling face, but focuses in on the conversation.
Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Post by Airbornexo »

Eckhart and Jurgen,The porter was whispering something about a murder in the hotel grounds and that the police have been called...
The soldiers stood up almost as one almost overturning the small table, "Go find Koertig!" barked a corporal at one of the troopers and he hurried off. The drinks on their table had barely finished rattling as the man raced out of the room...
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Anyone knows what is happening?-asks Percy.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Prof. Eckhart whispers to Percy and Jurgen:

"The porter said there had been a murder--in the hotel grounds!"
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Percy get's pale.
-Who was it? At least we have a good alibi.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

"I have no idea. Shall we go outside and have a looksee?"
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

A look of concern crosses Jurgen's face as he responds to Percy in a low voice, "I'm afraid that these soldiers will not care about alibis..."

Jurgen continues to watch any soldiers who remain, if any do, so that he may hear any further information about what had happened. He swallows the remainder of his drink and says, "Excuse me while I get another drink. Would anyone else care for another"
OOC,if Jurgen sees that all of the soldiers have left, then he will casually walk along a meandering path to the bar, past their table, occasionally keeping his eye on the door. He will be looking for anything that the soldiers may have left behind or dropped.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Nay, I prefer another drink. Come on, Jurgen let's drink another one.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

"Okay."

Prof. Eckhart wanders towards the hotel entrance, ostensibly to refresh himself with the night air, but really to find out what is happening outside.
Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Airbornexo »

The soldiers had departed in a hurry and Jurgen noticed a deck of cards with a few marks scattered on the table alongside half finished drinks. He noticed that the majority of the beverages on the table were non=alcholic, these men were disciplined even when relaxing.

As the professor makes his way to the doorway, a soldier blocks his path; "if you could remain here for your own safety please Herr Professor," says the young man with a smile. "I'm sure we'll have everything back to normal in a few moments."

At the bar more drinks are poured, and those in the mind to notice see that the garden terrace is an unguarded egress...
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Airbornexo wrote:As the professor makes his way to the doorway, a soldier blocks his path; "if you could remain here for your own safety please Herr Professor," says the young man with a smile. "I'm sure we'll have everything back to normal in a few moments."

"Yes, of course. 'Safety'? . . . Can you tell me what this is about? Is someone hurt? I am a medical man, as well, you know."
At the bar more drinks are poured, and those in the mind to notice see that the garden terrace is an unguarded egress...
Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Airbornexo »

The young soldier smiles reassuringly again, "There has been an incident in the hotel, everything will be back to normal in a moment I'm sure. I think that is has gone beyond the help a doctor could give..."

An apprehensive look crosses his face momentarily and behind him out in the hotel lobby Prof. Eckhart could see Wahl striding down the staircase, his face thunderous.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Airbornexo wrote:An apprehensive look crosses his face momentarily and behind him out in the hotel lobby Prof. Eckhart could see Wahl striding down the staircase, his face thunderous.

"Oh, it's Standartenführer Wahl. Can us civilians be of any use to the military?"
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

Jurgen slows at the table that was just vacated by the soldiers, stumbles a bit, then rights himself and continues moving in the direction of the bar.
OOC,Jurgen stumbled on purpose to get a closer look at the table, under it, and anything the might be around that area.
He then hailed the bartender and ordered another drink for himself and Percy. I have no intention of drinking any further alcohol, though Jurgen, but I will carry it to maintain the impression for others that I am continuing to enjoy myself.

Once he has his drink, Jurgen then turns and winks in a way that only Percy can see, saying in a low voice, "Shall we get some fresh air?" Jurgen sidles towards and out onto the garden terrace.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Percy takes his glass and follow Jurgen.
Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Airbornexo »

Wahl looked furious and paused momentarily to speak with the Prof. at the entrance to the bar, "Professor, be assured that I am personally handling this matter now. It appears that one of our expedition has managed to get himself killed somehow, it is most inconvenient! Now if you would return to the bar I must meet with the head of police and iron out any delays that may stop us." With that he turned on a perfectly polished jackboot and headed towards reception. The young soldier looked pointedly at the Professor, "you heard him sir, if you would return to the bar please."

Alby talked, unconcernedly to Alvaro when suddenly a soldier came into the bar and took him by the elbow, "you are requested by the Standartenführer. You will come with me immediately" The expression on the soldiers face does not say request however, but order.

Jurgen and Percy found the terrace free of people and the crisp night air made standing there pleasant indeed, the sound of a fountain was almost musical and a faint breeze stirred the surrounding trees.
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by Anatomist »

Airbornexo wrote: Alby talked, unconcernedly to Alvaro when suddenly a soldier came into the bar and took him by the elbow, "you are requested by the Standartenführer. You will come with me immediately" The expression on the soldiers face does not say request however, but order.
'Takes your hads off me soldier' Alvaro immediately replies when the soldier grabed him. He readjusted his shirt and jacket 'lead the way soldier and on the way tell me your name and rank'
~Bony End of Story~

Return to “The Pit of Lokheri”