3: Trouble in Tripoli [all characters]

A 1940s pulp game for Call of Cthulhu....Infiltrate the Ahnenerbe and join the enemy in Berlin. Accompany the expedition to darkest Afrika to uncover a secret best left alone. Nazis! Archaeology! Exploration and Madness!

Moderator: Airbornexo

Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Re: 3: Trouble in Tripoli [all characters]

Post by Anatomist »

Airbornexo wrote: Suddenly everyone's attention was drawn by the two arguing academics as they raised their voices in anger, shouting at one another.

A bespectacled, bearded younger man spat, "YOU ARE MAD! WE WILL NEVER FIND IT!" The other a rotund, bald man stood angrily almost overturning the small table and then threw his drink in the other man's face. "I HAVE NEVER HEARD SUCH IMPUDENCE!" He uttered and then stormed from the bar in the direction of the terrace, his face thunderous.

Alvaro leans against the balustrade and watched the man as he stormed out into the night air, mopping his brow with a yellow silk handkerchief.
Alvaro followed his instinct and took a good look at the older of the two arguing men and the younger one, trying to remember who they were, and frowned upon the handkerchief choice. Alvaro then moved outside to the terrace to see where the older man went.
~Bony End of Story~
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by Tabs »

The professor finds the altercation between the two academic types to be curious, so he follows Jurgen. "I can vouch for his shirt"--Prof. Eckhart smiles--"because I was the culprit.

"I am Professor Paul Eckhart, expedition botanist. Who are you?"
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

-See? I was right. This will be really interesting. Specially in the jungle. I mean, women?
Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Airbornexo »

Jurgen OOC,He has seen him on the plane but has had little to do with the academics up until now sticking with the more 'grounded' individuals.
[/color]
Kirsten & Carl,Ellie filled the pair in with a sketched description: Tall, with broad shoulders and a powerful build, Thomas Werner's occupation is obvious even to those unfamiliar with his career, that of an athlete. Short, blond hair and pale blue eyes accentuate a face that is handsome, if somewhat brutish. "[color=#0000FF]But don't let that put you off, he's a sweety![/color]" She laughed, then frowned concerned about her friend's whereabouts.
Alvaro could see the older man, rotund and bald paced angrily before walking down the steps to the small ornamental garden where he is quickly lost to the gloom.

Inside the bespectacled, bearded man greeted Jurgen and Paul, his eyes still flashed with anger and embarrassment. "I am sorry that you had to see that!" He sizes them up, "you're on the expedition too, it really is just too exciting! Tobias cannot see the potential the blinkered fool! I'm Albrecht, Alby, one of the archaeologists working for the team."
Chivalrybean
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 5 months

Post by Chivalrybean »

Ellie,[color=#0000FF]"Well, we'll do our best to find him. I've been around docks before. Some of the sailors can look pretty unsavory, and some are, but most are pleasant enough and will likely be of some to help."[/color]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Kirsten nods and smiles at Ellie. "I can't wait to meet him," she says. "I do hope he's all right."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Airbornexo wrote: Alvaro could see the older man, rotund and bald paced angrily before walking down the steps to the small ornamental garden where he is quickly lost to the gloom.
'Sir!' 'wait a second please' when Alvaro catches up he will place his hand over the mans shoulder 'to beautiful night to go away in anger' 'what happen Sir? let me be your confident Sir'
~Bony End of Story~
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Airbornexo wrote:. . . [Alby:] "I am sorry that you had to see that!" He sizes them up, "you're on the expedition too, it really is just too exciting! Tobias cannot see the potential the blinkered fool! . ."

"'The potential'? . ."
Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Airbornexo »

Alby's eyes took on an almost manic wideness as he turned on his new found audience: "He thinks that there is a good chance that we can find the Sceptre of Atlantis! I have consulted many texts in Bibliothèque nationale de France and in Berlin; the Cthaat Aquadingen is most tantalising in its promises of power!

I am convinced that its location lies where our expedition is headed, but I believe the existence of the Sceptre itself to be mere fiction, a local legend to intimidate local enemies.

That fat fool Tobias refuses to even acknowledge the possibility and is convinced of its reality. That and damn Aryan genetics on the brain - trying to prove our mighty Fuhrer's notions of a master race is all he cares for... 'Come Alby let's measure some more skulls'... imbecile! He thinks we can find it and use it to further the Aryan cause!
"

Meanwhile...

Outside the man turned at Alvaro's call, "I need a moment to clear my head....I saw you dance earlier and before on the plane?"

Job
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Job »

Airbornexo wrote:Alby's eyes took on an almost manic wideness as he turned on his new found audience: "He thinks that there is a good chance that we can find the Sceptre of Atlantis! I have consulted many texts in Bibliothèque nationale de France and in Berlin; the Cthaat Aquadingen is most tantalising in its promises of power!
"The scepter of Atlantis... I've never heard of it." said Jurgen
Airbornexo wrote:"I am convinced that its location lies where our expedition is headed, but I believe the existence of the Sceptre itself to be mere fiction, a local legend to intimidate local enemies.

That fat fool Tobias refuses to even acknowledge the possibility and is convinced of its reality. That and damn Aryan genetics on the brain - trying to prove our mighty Fuhrer's notions of a master race is all he cares for... 'Come Alby let's measure some more skulls'... imbecile! He thinks we can find it and use it to further the Aryan cause!
"
Jurgen leaned in and lowered his voice so that only the Professor and Alby could hear, "What is the legend of this scepter? If this scepter is not a fiction, then of what benefit would it be?"
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Airbornexo wrote: Outside the man turned at Alvaro's call, "I need a moment to clear my head....I saw you dance earlier and before on the plane?"

'Dancing tonight, yes, on the plane i sat still' 'Dear Professor take a minute and clear your mind' 'what was that all about?'
~Bony End of Story~
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Percy starts to listening the conversation. Atlantis??? This people really believed in such fairy tales?
-Another rum please.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Prof. Eckhart speaks aloud, but neither to Jurgen or Alby, he is bemused by what has been said. "The 'Sceptre of Atlantis.' How foolish of Wahl . . . and Eichelberger--I respected him--I thought he was a man of science." He asks Alby: "The Fuhrer believes in this nonsense?"
Jurgen leaned in and lowered his voice so that only the Professor and Alby could hear, "What is the legend of this scepter? If this scepter is not a fiction, then of what benefit would it be?"
Prof. Eckhart listens carefully.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Can I hear this conversation?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Airbornexo »

OOC Handy - There is no reason why Carl and Kirsten can't overhear this conversation nearby.

"Who knows what the Fuhrer believes these days! He has always been very much swayed by the current fad, I believe Himmler has put ideas of occult power into his mind." He looked suddenly guilty, like he has spoken out of turn, "I am sure the Fuhrer knows best though."

"Legend? Why the Sceptre is widely believed to harness the power of the lightning! Possibly some sort of fusion, unknown to science. I personally don't think the Sceptre has any 'mystical' or 'supernatural' powers, if it actually exists at all.

Tobias thinks, at best, that the sceptre will help the Fuhrer conquer the world. At worse, he figures that its discovery would lend more credence to the theory that the ancient Thule reached far and wide in world. I agree in this respect, any site It would also provide clues and archaeological proof of the Thule's existence!
"

On the terrace...

"Yes, yes maybe you are right. Alby does infuriate me so," He dabbed at his forehead before returning his handkerchief to its pocket. He proffered his hand, "Tobias Bäcker, your servant, and also expedition archaeologist."

Back inside...

Ellie glanced at her watch as the minute hand ticked round, "Five minutes?" She said to Carl and Kirsten, "you want to grab 'anything' from your rooms before we head out?"
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Percy takes his rum and joins Prof. Eckhart.
-Care if I join?
Chivalrybean
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 5 months

Post by Chivalrybean »

Gear,I haven't even considered gear. I am sure I'd have a pistol and a perhaps a rifle, and a first aid kit and other medical gear. I'll have a .32 or 7.65mm automatic (whichever is more thematically and historically accurate to what Carl would have.) And how does a .30 lever action rifle sound? I wont take that with me tonight though. Just the pistol.
[/color]

"Yes, I should 'freshen up' a bit before we go. I'll meet you ladies back here in five."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Kirsten[/b] would have a .32 automatic, and she keeps it on her person. She also has a machete listed with her equipment, but that would be in her room, as she wouldn't need it in an urban environment, and she doesn't need to go get it.

"Five minutes it is," says Kirsten. "I have everything I need right here, so I think I'll remain." She surreptitiously pats her pistol so that only Ellie can see. She listens to the conversation across the room with interest while she waits.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Job
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Job »

Airbornexo wrote:Legend? Why the Sceptre is widely believed to harness the power of the lightning! Possibly some sort of fusion, unknown to science. I personally don't think the Sceptre has any 'mystical' or 'supernatural' powers, if it actually exists at all.

Tobias thinks, at best, that the sceptre will help the Fuhrer conquer the world. At worse, he figures that its discovery would lend more credence to the theory that the ancient Thule reached far and wide in world. I agree in this respect, any site It would also provide clues and archaeological proof of the Thule's existence!
"
Jurgen nods thoughtfully as he listens, then responds, "Alby--if I may call you that--I am also a man of science and I must agree that any rumor of such powers is just that, a rumor and not to be believed. I also agree that it may be of great historical significance. Do you have any clues as to its exact location at our destination? Or will we need to carefully search our entire site?"
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

kabukiman wrote:Percy takes his rum and joins Prof. Eckhart.
-Care if I join?

"Of course you can.

"Mr. Percy, your cheeks are flushed, have you been exercising?"

Airbornexo wrote:[Alby:] . . . the ancient Thule reached far and wide in world . . . provide clues and archaeological proof of the Thule's existence!"
Prof. Eckhart is perplexed. "I apologise, but those briefings in Berlin . . . I didn't pay much attention--too excited by exploring a rainforest! Mr. Albrecht, you'll have to briefly explain to me about the 'Thule'?"

Return to “The Pit of Lokheri”