Page 1 of 1

'Off the Record' - OOC Discussion

Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:13 pm
by Airbornexo
This thread is for all OOC discussions, introductions, general wonderings and game news.

Cheers, Hal

Re: 'Off the Record' - OOC Discussion

Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:04 am
by Chivalrybean
Hey oh! Just posting a hello. I don't have a character idea, yet. I want to read all the stuff first. That should give me some ideas.

Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:21 am
by Chivalrybean
I think I'd like to be a medic.

Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:08 am
by Mr. Handy
Welcome! Sounds good to me! I have a feeling we're going to need one.

Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:30 am
by Chivalrybean
I got me a shiny new pic for this character.

Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:59 am
by Airbornexo
Hi everyone,

This game is taking shape already, we have four characters on board (a couple needing tweaks) and hopefully a couple more to come. I was hoping for five to six players.

Welcome aboard and watch this space as I will be adding things gradually over the next week or so as people get characters in to me.

Cheers, Hal

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:51 am
by Chivalrybean
Methinks I have all the details on my guy in. You'll want to keep him alive, because he'll do everything he can to keep you alive.

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:19 pm
by kabukiman
Hi! I'm thinking of making an archeologist, I will PM the details latter.

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:20 pm
by Airbornexo
Five characters done now (I've had nine enquiries but I am tempted not to go beyond 8) unfortunately is has become a first come, first served situation.

Cheers, Hal

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:46 am
by Mr. Handy
This is coming together nicely. Can't wait to get started! :)
Chivalrybean wrote:Methinks I have all the details on my guy in. You'll want to keep him alive, because he'll do everything he can to keep you alive.
I'll try my best, but it won't be easy with his CON 5 and 9 HP. Still, I survived The Haunting with a 9 HP character in spite of serious injuries, so it's not hopeless.

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:18 am
by Chivalrybean
At least he took a Dodge class in college. {:0)

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:45 pm
by Airbornexo
Right six characters in the bag, I have outlined the adventure based on an old CoC supplement (if it suddenly starts looking familiar to those with a large collection then I can only apologise) - The Pits of Bendal Dolum. It will run pretty much to the book with a couple of changes to keep experienced players on their toes (for one thing I have renamed and changed around the NPCs to keep you guessing).

This adventure is split into seven chapters with the final two being the longest (if the team make it that far). I will sub-divided the team at certain times to make sure all the investigators get their moment in the limellght. I am not interested in rules lawyering, just a good game experience - the lighter on rules we can run the better!

I'm actually writing the introductions now, one for the civilians and one for the OSS. I intend to get started by the weekend, with a small break August 21st - 28th when I am away on holiday.

Cheers, Hal

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:53 pm
by Tabs
One thing...I'm away next week.

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:38 am
by Chivalrybean
Combat query: Since we are using Hit Locations, should we be descriptive as to what cover we are taking? That way if we are standing behind a sandbag wall, for instance, and a bullet hits us in the foot, it's essentially a miss?

Also, my guy has an invisible kevlar wall that travels all around him. but still lets him interact with the world, as it only stops harmful things. {;0)

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:25 am
by BenTheRat
Been out of town, I'll get my character done tomorrow. Looking forward to it. Looks like a good collection so far. Any thoughts on what we might need still?

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:29 am
by Chivalrybean
Another medic to keep the con 5 medic alive? {:0p

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:07 am
by Mr. Handy
We get EDU x 20 occupational skill points, not EDU x 15, so Paul Eckhart should have a total of 380 of them for an EDU of 19. Botany used to be a skill in earlier editions, but it got folded into Biology along with Zoology (which also no longer exists). The stats are displayed a little funny, but it looks like he is supposed to have INT 10 and POW 14.

Alvaro Uribe's languages aren't listed. I hope he speaks something besides just Spanish, or nobody will be able to understand him. He looks cool, though!

William Percy should specify in which Art he has points.
Chivalrybean wrote:At least he took a Dodge class in college. {:0)
Kirsten took that same class, and she aced it! ;) It looks like William Percy did too. The Entertainer occupational skill list I used includes Dodge. Not all entertainers would have points in it, but it actually makes sense for Kirsten given her background and OSS training.
Airbornexo wrote:Right six characters in the bag, I have outlined the adventure based on an old CoC supplement (if it suddenly starts looking familiar to those with a large collection then I can only apologise) - The Pits of Bendal Dolum. It will run pretty much to the book with a couple of changes to keep experienced players on their toes (for one thing I have renamed and changed around the NPCs to keep you guessing).

This adventure is split into seven chapters with the final two being the longest (if the team make it that far). I will sub-divided the team at certain times to make sure all the investigators get their moment in the limellght. I am not interested in rules lawyering, just a good game experience - the lighter on rules we can run the better!

I'm actually writing the introductions now, one for the civilians and one for the OSS. I intend to get started by the weekend, with a small break August 21st - 28th when I am away on holiday.

Cheers, Hal
The name sounds vaguely familiar, but I'm sure I don't have it and I've never read or played it. Thanks for the early start! Everything's shaping up very nicely.
BenTheRat wrote:Been out of town, I'll get my character done tomorrow. Looking forward to it. Looks like a good collection so far. Any thoughts on what we might need still?
Another medical person couldn't hurt. We could also use a guide of our own so we don't have to rely on the one the Nazis bring. But you should play what you want.

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:27 am
by kabukiman
I was thinking of History of Art, so Percy may recognize objects and possible influences for other cultures (and discover if they are fake or true).

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:29 pm
by BenTheRat
One idea I was playing with was a native of the Congo. Educated in England with some medical training, but returned to Africa and does dual duty as a doctor / ritual witchdoctor. Use the Parapsychologist set of skills. This could cover a few things and be helpful.

I'll roll him up tonight and get some stats together.

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:38 pm
by kabukiman
Native? In an expedition with nazis? You have courage...

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:56 pm
by Chivalrybean
kabukiman wrote:Native? In an expedition with nazis? You have courage...
Sounds like a PoC kind of character, and we all know how they end up {:0p

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:56 pm
by BenTheRat
hahaha, well if I die its probably a better fate than yours. ;)

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:52 pm
by BenTheRat
Decided to go a different direction. Sorry, no medic here. ;) I'll post later when I get a chance to flush him out fully.

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:27 pm
by Airbornexo
DANGER! Wandering accents spotted!

Ben your character will be in the Civilian briefing here - http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtop ... 189&t=2641

Cheers, Hal

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:08 am
by Mr. Handy
Sweet. we're underway! 8-) Are we only allowed to read our own thread, or may we read the other players' thread too?

I actually did play a native on a Nazi expedition in a LARP at Dexcon just a few weeks ago. It was called The Lotus Eaters and is the third part of a five part arc called The Angry Sun. The Lotus Eaters was set in an alternate history (because the events of the first two LARPs changed it severely) in 1939, and the Nazis were conducting an expedition to Tibet. I played a local Sherpa who guided them to the monastery where it was set. I actually outlived them, as a lot of them got slaughtered, and the ones who escaped forgot to bring me with them. Their chances of finding their own way down from the mountains wouldn't have been good.

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:40 am
by BenTheRat
Well character, Armond Hargrow has been submitted. Wow can Invis castle be a cruel master. I hope I can be of a little help during the adventure.

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:11 am
by Chivalrybean
I used real dice to make my character. They weren't very nice either {:0p

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:44 am
by Mr. Handy
I looked up Armond's stats on Invisible Castle, and it's not as bad as it could have been. Your total stat points are only a little below average, it's just that your low stats (EDU and POW) are the ones you could really use. EDU can be improved a little through aging your character, but there's not much you can do for POW besides swapping it with another stat. You do qualify for a damage bonus, which is nice, and you have a decent amount of HP. You won't have a whole lot of skill points, but you can still specialize in a few skills.

My own luck with Invisible Castle tends to run either hot or cold. I rarely get close to an average overall total (which would be 92 points). Usually, I do either really poorly or really well. Once my total stat points were only 75, including two 4s and an 8. I was permitted to take a mulligan for that, but my final character stats weren't all that hot. I still had fun and was able to contribute a good deal, though. Low stat characters can be enjoyable in their own way, though I also enjoy playing characters with good stats. I really lucked out with Kirsten, and I was able to do everything I envisioned and more with her stats. Almost all of them I took as rolled, only swapping two stats which were only two points off from each other. If I had chosen where to place each one I wouldn't have thought to place the 16 in CON, but I like how it came up and went with it. She's quite a tough cookie!

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:51 am
by BenTheRat
Actually after I came up with the character with Hal and then rolled, I realized, that the stats actually fit the character a lot. I stuck with what I got, and the plan is to just have a good time and contribute where I can.

After picking my skills and such, I found out Armond was sort of a poor mans version of your character Handy. ;)

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:07 am
by Mr. Handy
Cool! I look forward to meeting him. :) I came up with my character idea first (actually months ago), and the stats suited her even better than I had expected. The high CON also enabled me to add an entirely different dimension to her, inspiring me to make her a star of action/adventure movies and serials who does most of her own stunts - only now she gets to do this sort of thing for real!

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:19 am
by Chivalrybean
Mr. Handy wrote:The high CON also enabled me to add an entirely different dimension to her, inspiring me to make her a star of action/adventure movies and serials who does most of her own stunts - only now she gets to do this sort of thing for real!
The second half of that sentence isn't where I thought you were going. Or maybe hoped, not sure {:0p

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:28 am
by Tabs
We get EDU x 20 occupational skill points, not EDU x 15, so Paul Eckhart should have a total of 380 of them for an EDU of 19. Botany used to be a skill in earlier editions, but it got folded into Biology along with Zoology (which also no longer exists). The stats are displayed a little funny, but it looks like he is supposed to have INT 10 and POW 14.
Okay, thanks. New skill and skill points submitted to Airbornexo.

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:30 am
by Airbornexo
You may read other threads for now, so long remember to keep your character knowledge seperate :) I will be using spoilers for secret info, if you can resist the temptation to read them it would be appreciated.

Cheers, Hal

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:59 pm
by Anatomist
shit, did we start? Reading up as fast im done typing here :)

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:19 pm
by Airbornexo
Just gently! I'm away at my parents house in Leicester over the weekend so was concious I may not be able to post much.

Cheers, Hal

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:05 am
by BenTheRat
Totally out there, but I had the History channel on while working at home and Ancient Aliens was on. They did an episode about the Nazi's and their search for ancient artifacts, and mentioned them looking for the source of the Arayan race including parts of deepest Africa.

Just thought it was cool considering this game.

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:43 am
by Mr. Handy
Chivalrybean wrote:
Mr. Handy wrote:The high CON also enabled me to add an entirely different dimension to her, inspiring me to make her a star of action/adventure movies and serials who does most of her own stunts - only now she gets to do this sort of thing for real!
The second half of that sentence isn't where I thought you were going. Or maybe hoped, not sure {:0p
No doubt Kirsten would be very good at what you're thinking, but Carl wouldn't be able to keep up with her with his CON of 5. :P

Her high CON also means she could pull a Marion Ravenwood and drink most people under the table.

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:20 am
by Chivalrybean
Haha ... yeah ... a good out for Carl. I'm sure he'd be relieved.

Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:35 am
by Airbornexo
I watched the SS expedition to Tibet program on the history channel last month :) unless anything major crops up I will be starting chapter 2 in the next day or so, I'll draw the briefings to a close today and allow any time for gathering equipment / last minute research then have one big thread for all characters!

It might take a little fudging but I am keen to not let this adventure stagnate, as my Malleus Calixis campaign occasionally did, into days of inactivity. Let me know if I'm rushing anyone :)

cheers, Hal

Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:54 am
by Dave Syrinx
Just want to take the opportunity to say hi to the players at the other side of the thread fence. Been keeping away from the non-OSS thread.
I´ll have access to the e-web till Monday, then it´s "gone fishing" for the rest of the summer break (Friday).

Good luck and happy Nazi-hunting!

Akhnaton´s philosphy and life in Egypt - a long, long time ago. "Son of God"

/Dave

Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:02 am
by Tabs
Tabs wrote:One thing...I'm away next week.
Airbornexo wrote:DANGER! Wandering accents spotted!
Alles klar! More of the same are very welcome.

Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:52 am
by Airbornexo
No worries on the break Dave and Tabs, I'll NPC your characters if necessary :)

I'm hoping (if I have time) to do some more little video handouts.

Cheers, Hal

Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:08 pm
by BenTheRat
Hal, love the video handouts. The pace is good and could even be a bit quicker. Loving it so far. I agree lets not let this one stall.

Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:14 pm
by BenTheRat

Dave, That is so wild. On Legend Quest this week the star was hunting the Spear of Destiny and tracked it to Wewelsberg Castle in Wewelsberg Germany. In the ritual room at the bottom of the castle. That same symbol as on the book was carved into the roof of the chamber. Very weird.

I know the swastika is actually linked to mystical meanings all over the world from China to Peru.

Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:32 pm
by Mr. Handy
I'm loving the video handouts too. The pace is good, and we should keep things moving along.

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:29 am
by kabukiman
I loved the videos and the pace is perfect for pulp.

Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:39 pm
by Airbornexo
Sorry for the delay, had to find just the right picture for the next chapter. I'm pleased with my find :)

Cheers, Hal

Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:42 pm
by Anatomist
Airbornexo wrote:Sorry for the delay, had to find just the right picture for the next chapter. I'm pleased with my find :)

Cheers, Hal
The pace is fine :)
Tbh i dont mind 2 updates a week even or up too once a day, but thats just me i think ;) i got plenty of patient with pBp games.

-A

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:15 am
by Mr. Handy
I don't mind the delay, and it worked out better for me. During the week, I can only get online and post at night, as there's no time in the morning before I go to work and I'm not allowed to at work. If you'd gone ahead earlier, I wouldn't have had a chance to post at all.

Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:32 am
by Anatomist
Ive been searching for all the Mythos movies made and i got this on my list of mythos related movies:

Code: Select all

Torrent available

Torrent NOT available or not found
-> found but no seeders

Still have to look for these...
    empty at this point...

You guys got other movies that i dont know off?

Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:16 pm
    by Dave Syrinx
    From Beyond, should be on your list ;) IMDB

Call me crazy, but didn´t the small port village in The Shipping News come across as Lovecraftian, or just utterly odd, odd enough to pass for Innsmouth half breeds?

Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:48 pm
    by Anatomist
    Syrinx wrote:From Beyond, should be on your list ;) IMDB

Call me crazy, but didn´t the small port village in The Shipping News come across as Lovecraftian, or just utterly odd, odd enough to pass for Innsmouth half breeds?
    Gonna see Shipping News tomorrow :)

Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:06 am
    by Jack of Tears
    I was trying to come up with a character for this game and just couldn't seem to find anything that spoke to me. Not to mention, I recalled - looking at the character sheet - that I'm not a big fan of the CoC system. (I think I'd fail a maddness check just typing out all the skills and their associated checks) But I'll probably ghost around and watch to see how things are going from time to time.

Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:37 pm
    by Mr. Handy
    The character concept for Kirsten grabbed me months ago while I was still anticipating this game, and she's a lot of fun to play. I know there are an awful lot of skills, but it's possible just to type a list of the non-default skills you have, which usually are only about a dozen or a little more. I think I only typed out the entire list once. After that, I just copied and pasted existing character sheets and changed the details. I enjoyed reading Malleus Calixis, but I was unfamiliar with both the rules and the setting, so it would not have been easy for me to play. This game has the same high standards, so I'm sure you'll at least enjoy the read even if you don't play.

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:16 pm
    by Airbornexo
    I'm back from an impromptu birthday vacation courtesy of Mrs. Airborne normal service will resume tomorrow :)

Cheers, Hal

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:32 pm
    by Anatomist
    Airbornexo wrote:I'm back from an impromptu birthday vacation courtesy of Mrs. Airborne normal service will resume tomorrow :)

Cheers, Hal
    Probably all inclusive ;)

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:16 pm
    by BenTheRat
    Very cool. Welcome back, we missed you. ;)

Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:41 am
    by Mr. Handy
    Yes, welcome back! :) Looking forward to continuing!

Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:16 am
    by Chivalrybean
    Good, I wanted to be in the pits again.

Welcome back.

Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:41 am
    by kabukiman
    Great! Let's return!

Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:12 pm
    by Anatomist
    Anatomist wrote:
    Syrinx wrote:From Beyond, should be on your list ;) IMDB

Gonna see Shipping News tomorrow :)
    Yes im quoting myself 8-)
    Shipping News is a odd good movie. Specially how good Kevin Spacey is to play retarded :lol:
    That place MUST be Insmouth

Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:42 pm
    by Dave Syrinx
    So, for once I´m not totally off :D
    Cheers!

Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:20 am
    by Airbornexo
    Speaking of Innsmouth, I paid a visit yesterday evening - one of my players from Tatters of the King (my brother in law) volunteered to try his hand at being a Keeper for the first time ever and ran Escape from Innsmouth for three players. Had a blast and only just got my failed actor, turned stuntman out alive! More Innsmouth action please, its nice to actually play as I have sat in the Keeper's chair for more years than I care to recount!

Cheers, Hal

Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:07 am
    by Chivalrybean
    Are the OSS posing as civilians? Sorry if I missed you saying that already. I know (or I think I do) that we can't wear uniforms on the Germans, due to the Geneva convention. At least that's what I learned listening to The Eagle Has Landed. Still working on it. It's a good book, but taking me a while to listen.

Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:44 am
    by Mr. Handy
    Airbornexo wrote:Speaking of Innsmouth, I paid a visit yesterday evening - one of my players from Tatters of the King (my brother in law) volunteered to try his hand at being a Keeper for the first time ever and ran Escape from Innsmouth for three players. Had a blast and only just got my failed actor, turned stuntman out alive! More Innsmouth action please, its nice to actually play as I have sat in the Keeper's chair for more years than I care to recount!

Cheers, Hal
    I'm a big fan of Innsmouth action myself. I've played the beginning of Escape from Innsmouth here on this site (Kabukiman is the Keeper), and it's been a lot of fun so far. I'd really like to continue, but I was the only active player left after Welsh disappeared almost a year ago. I play intrepid reporter Alyssa Valentine, who has joined some sailors trying to rescue their kidnapped crewmate. We were just about to carry out our plan when the game ground to a halt, and I'm pretty sure once we did we'd get to the part where we have to run for our lives and the scenario really earns its name.

I played a stuntwoman named Cathy Saunders in another game that collapsed, this time when its Keeper disappeared, set in modern Vancouver and called Dissonance. She could act, but she wasn't all that good at it, and she did a lot of action B-movies in the 90s and 00s. Her stunt skills were spectacular, with 75 each in Climb, Dodge, Jump, and Swim and 70 in Throw and (the spectacularly useless in this setting) Drive Auto. Kirsten is similar but sort of the mirror image of her in some ways. She's an actress first and foremost, but she also can do stunts.
    Chivalrybean wrote:Are the OSS posing as civilians? Sorry if I missed you saying that already. I know (or I think I do) that we can't wear uniforms on the Germans, due to the Geneva convention. At least that's what I learned listening to The Eagle Has Landed. Still working on it. It's a good book, but taking me a while to listen.
    I believe we're going in as civilians. We could wear uniforms, but we could be shot if we were caught in them. Of course, we could be shot if we're caught anyway...

Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:56 am
    by Chivalrybean
    Mr. Handy wrote:
    Chivalrybean wrote:Are the OSS posing as civilians? Sorry if I missed you saying that already. I know (or I think I do) that we can't wear uniforms on the Germans, due to the Geneva convention. At least that's what I learned listening to The Eagle Has Landed. Still working on it. It's a good book, but taking me a while to listen.
    I believe we're going in as civilians. We could wear uniforms, but we could be shot if we were caught in them. Of course, we could be shot if we're caught anyway...

Yeah, I was pretty sure we weren't wearing Allied uniforms (or they 'Allied' forces don't exist yet, do they? What hear is this? {:0p)

Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:13 am
    by kabukiman
    Well, if I'l find new players to get the ancient chars, I may resume the game later.

Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:37 am
    by Mr. Handy
    Sounds great to me! I recall that Welsh was playing the entire crew of the boat, not just the captain, so we could probably continue with just one other player. If more than one person wants to jump in, however, there are more characters available. I remember that Laraqua was really interested in playing, but she's disappeared too.
    Chivalrybean wrote:
    Mr. Handy wrote:

Yeah, I was pretty sure we weren't wearing Allied uniforms (or they 'Allied' forces don't exist yet, do they? What hear is this? {:0p)
    It's 1941, August to be precise. While Britain had stood alone until recently, that changed when Germany invaded the Soviet Union on June 22, 1941. America is still neutral and will remain so until Japan attacks Pearl Harbor on December 7. Germany and Italy declare war on the USA on December 11.

Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:02 am
    by Chivalrybean
    I learn more history playing RPGs than in any other way.

Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:11 am
    by Anatomist
    Mr. Handy wrote:
    OOC,Did I learn anything from my earlier successful Psychology roll? What language is [b]Alvaro[/b] speaking?

"Be my guest," says Kirsten with a smile, motioning at the empty seat beside her. "Pleased to meet you. I'm Kirsten Hart, the historian with this expedition. I'm from Los Angeles, in America." She extends her hand.
    I got no language skill.... I guess its Spanish then... unless air give me a german as language too.

Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:56 pm
    by Chivalrybean
    1930s map of the Belgian Congo. http://www.probertencyclopaedia.com/pho ... 201932.htm

That site has many maps.

Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:28 pm
    by Mr. Handy
    Anatomist wrote:
    Mr. Handy wrote:
    OOC,Did I learn anything from my earlier successful Psychology roll? What language is [b]Alvaro[/b] speaking?

"Be my guest," says Kirsten with a smile, motioning at the empty seat beside her. "Pleased to meet you. I'm Kirsten Hart, the historian with this expedition. I'm from Los Angeles, in America." She extends her hand.
    I got no language skill.... I guess its Spanish then... unless air give me a german as language too.
    It won't be easy for you to communicate with any of us if you speak nothing but Spanish, as none of our characters understand it. That's why I had raised the issue during character creation. I think we're going to need some Keeper input here, but if you were to move 20 points into German or English you could probably get the gist of what's being said and get your point across in broken, heavily accented speech.

Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:34 pm
    by BenTheRat
    Yea I was laughing with my wife a couple days ago about we have a character that doesn't speak any language anyone else in the group speaks. But I do remember Mr. Handy pointing it out. I agree, move 20 points, you should be ok then.

Then again, there is always the international language of love. Just put your testicles all over her. ;)

Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:20 pm
    by Chivalrybean
    lawlz

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:00 pm
    by Anatomist
    BenTheRat wrote:Yea I was laughing with my wife a couple days ago about we have a character that doesn't speak any language anyone else in the group speaks. But I do remember Mr. Handy pointing it out. I agree, move 20 points, you should be ok then.

Then again, there is always the international language of love. Just put your testicles all over her. ;)
    ill take the advice and move 20 points. I'll skip the testicle stuff as i suspect Alvaro dont shower to often, clean testicles would make a better impact im sure.

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:05 pm
    by BenTheRat
    haha, that was a movie reference I hope you got. I hope you didn't think I wanted you to really do that. ;)

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:59 am
    by Mr. Handy
    I don't think I've seen the movie, or maybe I just don't remember.

If you're moving points, you might want to consider taking at least a couple out of Martial Arts. There is no direct benefit from having Martial Arts higher than your highest unarmed attack skill. When you make an unarmed attack, you roll 1d100 once. If it's less than or equal to both your attack skill and Martial Arts, you double the base damage dice (but not the damage bonus). If it's more than your Martial Arts skill and less than or equal to your attack skill, you do normal damage. If it's more than your attack skill, you miss, even if it's less than or equal to your Martial Arts.

Kabukiman, you might want to advertise Escape from Innsmouth in Existing Games Looking for Players. We've also had a few new players show up, so you might want to let them know by replying to their posts in Players Looking for Games.

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:41 am
    by BenTheRat
    Guess I'm showing my age. "Better Off Dead" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088794/quotes

Great movie from the mid 80s. Loved it.

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:03 am
    by Mr. Handy
    I did see that once, a long time ago! It might have been the early 90s when I watched it though. No wonder I don't remember it.

I am old enough to have seen it when it came out, but I didn't.

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:46 am
    by Chivalrybean
    $2.

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:47 am
    by kabukiman
    I'l wait until I finish the servants of chaos scenario, (it's near the end anyway).
    And about languages, I have already see people without knowing each other language starting relashionships. God knows how...

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:00 pm
    by Anatomist
    ive been a bit slow the last week. Ill fix the languages and thanks Mr.Handy for the lesson on skilluse :)
    What is good though is that im now living out of my new department, stuff is in their shelves and im quiiiiiiiiite happy.

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:29 am
    by Anatomist
    TO Airbornexo

Ill take 20 from jump, 10 from martial arts and 10 from RIfle allocating them to Language German and English. Please approve :)

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:41 pm
    by BenTheRat
    Where are you Hal?? Lets get this one rolling again.

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:30 pm
    by Dave Syrinx
    Sit down in the boat, gents ;)

Let the man have a respite. He´ll be back on.
    As with most games, the initial part is in overdrive. Then the pace will get back on and off.
    As for me I´m prepping the next semester for my class of second graders. Hal has a bigger plate as his students are older.

Good work mate!

Nevertheless, Freyja waits for Wahl to order the pilots to set the plane in motion.

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:56 pm
    by BenTheRat
    I was just getting worried. It had been 5 days, but I was thinking it was closer to over a week without a peep.

Take your time Hal and let us know when your ready to roll again.

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:14 pm
    by Dave Syrinx
    I know what you´re saying. A great game.
    Good to see Giles setting up shop too. Congrats on securing a spot in that crew as well.

Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:11 pm
    by BenTheRat
    Welcome back Hal. ;)

Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:46 pm
    by Airbornexo
    :) RL = hands full

Cheers, Hal

Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:58 am
    by Mr. Handy
    Welcome back! :) I know that feeling all too well.

Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:02 am
    by Jack of Tears
    Today is Lovecraft's birthday again ... mysteriously it seems to come about every year around the same time ... everyone be sure to sacrifice a bit of your sanity to the old ones.

Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:39 pm
    by kabukiman
    Guys, for the next 2 weeks it will be very problematic to play, I'm out of home, and it's dificult to acess the net.

Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:11 pm
    by Anatomist
    Jack of Tears wrote:Today is Lovecraft's birthday again ... mysteriously it seems to come about every year around the same time ... everyone be sure to sacrifice a bit of your sanity to the old ones.
    Drinking lots and spewing into the sewer counts?

Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:50 am
    by Anatomist
    friendly bump :)

Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:54 pm
    by BenTheRat
    Another friendly bump. ;)

Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:36 pm
    by Mr. Handy
    I'm looking forward to continuing this game too. :) I'll wait as long as you need, but please at least post to let us know you're there.

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:36 am
    by Tabs
    Mr. Handy wrote:I'm looking forward to continuing this game too. :) I'll wait as long as you need, but please at least post to let us know you're there.
    Ditto.

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:28 pm
    by BenTheRat
    bump!!?!

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:51 pm
    by Tabs
    I've given up on this one.

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:56 pm
    by BenTheRat
    I haven't given up yet. I guess because it was the trailer he made that got me hooked on this site, and it has SOO much potential, I just hate to see it die.

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:11 pm
    by Tabs
    The irony about the absent keeper is that this game had a group of enthusiastic players.

Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:34 am
    by Mr. Handy
    It still does! I'm not giving up either, and I'm looking forward to getting back into this one. I've seen games go idle for much longer than this and had the Keeper return to continue them.

Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:39 am
    by Anatomist
    Mr. Handy wrote:It still does! I'm not giving up either, and I'm looking forward to getting back into this one. I've seen games go idle for much longer than this and had the Keeper return to continue them.
    word :)

Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:44 am
    by kabukiman
    Still waiting.

Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:38 pm
    by Dave Syrinx
    Guys, I´m relaying some information from Airbornexo.
    He is taking a spell from pbp to work on board games for the near future. Thus, this game will be put in the graveyard until he returns and resurrects it. There´s no time table to this.
    My words but his message.

Regards, Dave

Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:54 pm
    by Raiko
    Thanks for that Dave.

I'll leave this game up for another week before archiving to make sure all the players see the news.

Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:24 pm
    by kabukiman
    That's a pity. I was reallly enjoying this game.

Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:41 pm
    by BenTheRat
    Yea it is, as we never even got going on it. But I guess thats better than half way through and dropping it.

Hopefully Air can make it back soon.

Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:03 am
    by Mr. Handy
    I'm sorry to hear the game's on hold. I'll be ready to continue when he is.

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:09 am
    by Airbornexo
    Hi,

So...(shuffles feet embaressed)...I'm back and would like to get the old Pit swinging again!

Cheers, Hal

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:52 am
    by Tabs
    Never say never. To continue . . . if the other characters are up for it, well, so is Paul Eckhart. I seem to recall he was taking a dump in the aeroplane's toilet.

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:15 am
    by Mr. Handy
    Welcome back, Tabs!

I'm definitely raring to go! Kirsten Hart is ready when you are.

I will be away at a convention from Thursday, February 23 through Sunday, February 26, though I may be able to post on the night of the 26th.

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:08 am
    by Anatomist
    :D

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:00 pm
    by Airbornexo
    Cool beans we'll go for a sun 26th restart then which fits my vacation in first :)

Thanks for the understanding guys :)

Cheers, Hal

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:16 pm
    by kabukiman
    Great, with some luck we will have all the original players.

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:44 pm
    by Anatomist
    FYI Airbornexo:

BenTheRat has just last week informed us his RL has taken over and declined playing more on Job's BtMoM Campaign. Just in case you dont hear from him :)

Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:03 pm
    by Tabs
    Mr. Handy wrote:Welcome back, Tabs!
    Thanks.

Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:07 pm
    by Tabs
    Mr. Handy wrote:Welcome back, Tabs!
    Thanks.

Airbornexo wrote:. . . we'll go for a sun 26th restart . . .
    Okay--looking forward to it.

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:44 am
    by Airbornexo
    So nearly a full cast to return...[humble]...brilliant. I'm going to see if any replacements want to start (Job has expressed an interest) then get cracking on the evening (here in the UK) of the 26th! Watch this space :)

Cheers, Hal

Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:06 pm
    by Airbornexo
    And away we go...its not going to be peaceful for long!

Cheers, Hal

Posted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:29 pm
    by Airbornexo
    Ahem...fudge alert!

It has come to my attention of the distinct lack of long distance railroads in the African continent during the 1940s! :oops: Fudge alert, I will amend the threads as the party will now take the following route to the congo (unless players have better suggestions):

a) A boat trip to Alexandria.
    b) A rail journey from Alexandria to Sudan (unspecified location) using the partially complete (and British) Cape-Cairo railway.
    c) Trucks and finally a foot trek into the Congo proper

There is still some 'trouble' in Tripoli yet thou :)

Cheers, Hal

Posted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:40 pm
    by Anatomist
    /me grabs more sandwiches

Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:27 am
    by Mr. Handy
    There's one thing wrong with that plan: Alexandria is firmly under British control, and it remains so for the duration. They're not about to let a German expedition through. There is a war on.

Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:06 am
    by Tabs
    It would make for an enjoyable film. At the railway ticket office in Cairo, Herr Oberleutnant von Strict asks: "A return, English pig!"

How about flights to Léopoldville (Kinshasa), and then by truck into the jungle?

Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:30 pm
    by Airbornexo
    I figured Wahl would use a cover story for the British - Norwegian or Finnish expedition not strictly a German one? Oh well, back on the plane it is then...

Cheers, Hal

Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:08 pm
    by Airbornexo
    Sorry for the quick reply, my little girl is 6 (I can't believe it) today! :D

Cheers, Hal

Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:34 pm
    by Tabs
    Airbornexo wrote:. . . my little girl is 6 (I can't believe it) today! . . .
    My little girl will be 13 next week. And the party has already started. :(

Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:53 pm
    by Airbornexo
    Tabs wrote:My little girl will be 13 next week. And the party has already started. :(
    Shudder, am not looking forward to have 15 and 13 year old daughters in a few years time :roll:

Cheers, Hal

Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:45 pm
    by Dave Syrinx
    :D Been there! Now, 20 and 15. The horror continues. Need to change pad locks! Well, one escaped - skipped town and living it large.
    Cheers!

Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:58 pm
    by Chivalrybean
    Ach, forgot about this over the past couple days. {>..<}

Still trying to get my inbox to fill with less crap so I don't miss stuff. Maybe I should switch to the inbox that puts important stuff marked first.

Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:09 pm
    by Job
    Airbornexo wrote:Sorry for the quick reply, my little girl is 6 (I can't believe it) today! :D

Cheers, Hal
    Happy belated B-Day to your daughter! My daughter is 24... :shock:

Job.

Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:16 pm
    by Chivalrybean
    My son is 1 and daughter will be 4 in May. I'll be 28 this month! My present: Going to a gaming convention {:0D

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:46 am
    by kabukiman
    MY boy is making 7 next month.

Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:52 pm
    by Airbornexo
    Getting the team together thread is up to date and I'll edit the cast tomorrow as I'm sleepy headed now :)

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:37 am
    by Mr. Handy
    HP are the average of CON and SIZ (rounded up), not STR and SIZ. It's STR+SIZ that determines damage bonus. Poor Jurgen is severely lacking in the HP department. Thomas Werner's HP total remains 17 - he has some awesome stats! :o

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:45 am
    by Anatomist
    The video is not working in the forums for some reason.
    Direct link to it -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyOWM6S1ITA

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:43 pm
    by Tabs
    Anatomist wrote:The video is not working in the forums for some reason.
    Direct link to it -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyOWM6S1ITA
    Superb!

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:00 am
    by Chivalrybean
    I will shamelessly blame my two kids for me not following with who is arguing in the thread. Who started shouting at each other?

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:55 am
    by Anatomist
    Chivalrybean wrote:I will shamelessly blame my two kids for me not following with who is arguing in the thread. Who started shouting at each other?
    Suddenly everyone's attention was drawn by the two arguing academics as they raised their voices in anger, shouting at one another.

A bespectacled, bearded younger man spat, "YOU ARE MAD! WE WILL NEVER FIND IT!" The other a rotund, bald man stood angrily almost overturning the small table and then threw his drink in the other man's face. "I HAVE NEVER HEARD SUCH IMPUDENCE!" He uttered and then stormed from the bar in the direction of the terrace, his face thunderous.
    The younger staying in the Hotel is the bearded man (Alby Albrecht - archaeologists). He technically starts the fight when rising his voice (and when Airbor narrates it) on the older bald man that leaves by the terrace being chased by Alvaro Uribe.

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:32 am
    by Chivalrybean
    Thanks. This and other game posts made it more clear.

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:19 am
    by Airbornexo
    I managed to confuse myself with that argument! To be clear:

Tobias - Rotund and bald: Believes strongly in something called the 'Sceptre of Atlantis'; that finding it will aid the Aryan cause; agrees with Hitler's Genetic agenda.

Alby Albrect - Young, beaded and bespectacled: Has researched the Sceptre and is convinced the area is correct, but is sceptical about the existence of an 'actual' object and prefers to think of it as a local legend.

[Edit - spellings :)]

Cheers, Hal

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:43 am
    by Chivalrybean
    Airbornexo wrote:I managed to confuse myself with that argument! To be clear:

Tobias - Rotund and bald: Believes strongly in something called the 'Sceptre of Atlantis'; that finding it will aid the Aryan cause; agrees with Hitler's Genetic agenda.

Alby Albrect - Young, beaded and bespectacled: Has researched the Sceptre and is convinced the area is correct, but is sceptical about the existence of an 'actual' object and prefers to think of it as a local legend.

[Edit - spellings :)]

Cheers, Hal
    And both are in our party of global galavanters?

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:37 pm
    by Airbornexo
    Indeed they are, I have added their pics to the cast list :)

Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:11 pm
    by Airbornexo
    Had a close family funeral yesterday, sorry for the temp delay. Will post this evening.

Cheers, Hal

Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:08 am
    by kabukiman
    Sorry to hear that.

Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:32 pm
    by Job
    I am sorry for your loss, Airbornexo. We'll be here when you are ready.

Job.

Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:13 pm
    by Mr. Handy
    I'm sorry to hear that too. Take as long as you need. I'll still be here.

Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:02 pm
    by Airbornexo
    Back on track now, another week and on vacation just get through next week is what I'm after as my wife has a hand operation tomorrow (hopefully a fairly routine op to free some nerves). Yeah the fun just never stops in my life :shock:

Cheers, Hal

Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:36 am
    by Chivalrybean
    Well, while you were at a funeral, I was causing them at a local gaming con!

One out of one shoggoths agree that splattering two out of three PC's onto (now) cracked marble floors ain't bad.

One out of one Keepers agree that decapitating a witness (with the mythos) that the PCs are investigating, while they are in the car (moving) is copious amount of fun!

Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:51 pm
    by Airbornexo
    Jealous of your Con - ing adventures. One day perhaps I will be able to get to one! Last one I did was UK Games Workshop's Games Day 1996 where I ran 5 demos of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay V2 for Hogshead Publishing.

Cheers, Hal

Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:11 pm
    by Airbornexo
    Two week vacation...woot! Business will pick up over the weekend, I'm away on holiday with my girls Tuesday - Friday but have some 3G cover and will be able to post in a limited way from camping with the iphone :)

Cheers, Hal

Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:39 am
    by Anatomist
    FYI. Ill be gone on vacations until 10/4-12, 10th of april 2012 for you backwards reading americans.

Be nice to my char and NPC as needed.

Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:09 pm
    by Airbornexo
    Back early as weather in UK is shockingly poor (80 degrees last week and then snow this :x ). Normal service resumed!

Cheers, Hal

Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:22 pm
    by Job
    Kabukiman wrote:-Yes, indeed. And our hosts know how to treat guests.
    Now THAT response got a laugh out of me, Kabukiman!

Job.

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:40 pm
    by kabukiman
    yeah, the nazis knew how to treat people. It couldn't be the kind of treatment you wanted...

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:07 am
    by Airbornexo
    Still here, just some personal stuff that is distracting me from gaming (house we wanted to move to fell through unfortunately) business will resume by the weekend once I've cheered up :cry:

Cheers, Hal

Posted: Sun May 13, 2012 9:28 pm
    by Anatomist
    I will wait for this game as much i waited job to reasume BtMoM. I swear!

Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 1:24 am
    by Job
    That's a lot of waiting! ;)

Job.