IC-Ep 2-The Gathering(Everyone else)

The Mi-Go capture Lt. Colonel Bruce, while Juliette Desjardins captures one of the Mi-Go and brings it back to Styx Base.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

IC-Ep 2-The Gathering(Everyone else)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Medical Lab - Styx Base, Pluto
0730 GMT - Tuesday, August 9, 2112

Captain Juliette Desjardins returned to the medical lab at the same time that Lt. Colleen Rose arrived. Colleen saw a large group of people crowded into the lab surrounding the examination table, where the thing was strapped down. The alien was about the size of a small child, though with a bulbous oversized head with numerous tiny antennae and thin, semitransparent wings. Its torso was covered with a green, webby substance. It had long, slender limbs that ended in little pincers. Gathered around were most other members of the base's crew: Colonel Indira Patel, Major Natalia Orlova, Captain Karin Bauer, Lt. Edward Barrett (still in a spacesuit, though he had taken off his helmet), Sergeant Heinrich Kohl, Private Alison Silver, and Private Robert MacCrimmon. The three security officers had their weapons ready, but the creature did not appear to be trying anything. Also present were four complete strangers with odd clothing. There was a middle-aged man, very tall and strong, a young woman, a young man who was only a little smaller than the other man, and a pretty teenage girl.

"I'm not going to take you to General Pryce," said Colonel Patel to the alien. "I don't trust you. I'll see if he's willing to come here, though." She spoke into the hands-free communicator clipped to her ear. "General, this is Colonel Patel. The alien creature calls itself and its kind Mi-Go. It is offering to trade itself for Lt. Colonel Bruce, and it wants to meet you." She paused. "Very well, sir." She returned her attention to the captive Mi-Go. "He is on his way."
OOC,[b]Colleen[/b], please roll Sanity for seeing the Mi-Go. Sanity loss is 0/1d6. If you lose 5 or more Sanity, you must make an Idea roll. If you succeed at that, you'll go temporarily insane.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Re: IC-Ep 2-The Gathering(Everyone else)

Post by aine »

Karin checks the fastenings to make sure they are secure but not rubbing the Mi-Go's skin. She switches the scanners to monitor energy levels in case this will indicate a pattern in the Mi-Go's behaviour or communication. She looks around at the crew.
"Is everyone here? Do we still have someone monitoring what's going on outside the base?" She's imagining the thousands of Mi-Gos racing to besiege the base to rescue the hostage.
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Story quickly looks away from the Mi-Go and walks over to a nearby corner.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"The base's automated sensors will alert us if they detect anything approaching the base," said Colonel Patel, "but it is a good idea to have someone keeping an eye on things, you are right. Lt. Rose is here now, so she can't do it, and General Pryce is on his way here, so I shall return to Command Center and hold down the fort." She left the medical lab, the door swishing shut behind her.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

"The creature is not dangerous, I don't see any reason to restrain it like this," Lucius objects aloud. "What do you intend to do next? Toss it in a small room and lock it away? This is effectively your first contact with a new species... and this is how you want to be remembered?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I agree," said Natalia. "I'm now the senior officer in the room. I authorize the removal of the Mi-Go's restraints." She undid the creature's bonds, and it stood up slowly.

"Thank you," it buzzed. "Perhapzzz there izzz hope for peazzzeful relationzzz."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Story looks back at the newly unrestrained guest and once again walks over to him. "How long has your kind lived here on Yuggoth? I ask because I've never heard of or seen a member of your race. Do you ever travel beyond this planet?"
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We have lived on Yuggoth for many, many yearzzz," replied the Mi-Go. "We travel to other planetzzz too, but we do not call attention to ourzzzelvezzz."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

"So I take it you have made no galactic friends? If indeed you do not call attention to yourselves. So you're a curious race... well, at least you have that much in common with humanity." Smiles.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Lynx
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Post by Lynx »

Juliette had kept her blaster, and as they unfastened the Creature she very calmly put her hand on it. Unfastened it and charged it, though she kept the safety on and the blaster in the holster, as she held her hand on it.
She studied the others in the room closely, looking for any signs of abnormal behaviour as she suspected the creature to have used some kind of psychic persuasion on the others. The others behaved like the creature was a friendly guest.
mr Handy,we have met other creatures before right? They have been hostile right? For my character this is pretty happy camper hippie shit right?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"There are otherzzz we can contact," said the Mi-Go. "They are few in number, but advanzzzed. We know of many zzzpeciezzz, though few of them know of uzzz. We have a great deal of zzzientific curiozzzity, yezzz. In thizzz we are much alike."

"That is good to hear," said Natalia. "I am Major Natalia Orlova, the chief science officer on this base. As I scientist myself, I find your attitude encouraging. I am sorry that our first official contact was so unfortunate, and I hope that we can move beyond that and become friends. Humans have long been driven by scientific curiosity. That is why we came here to your planet. Perhaps we can exchange knowledge with you. Both of our peoples would benefit."

"What you zzzay hazzz wizzzdom. Perhapzzz zzzomeday thizzz will be pozzzible."
Juliette Desjardins,Humanity has met other creatures before, though the base crew has not personally encountered any until today. Aliens are often hostile, so yes, you are reacting appropriately. [b]Juliette[/b], please roll Psychology. It will not tell you anything about the Mi-Go, which is completely alien in its mindset, but it could tell you something about the other humans here.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dr. Bloodworth
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 13 years 1 month

Post by Dr. Bloodworth »

Heinrich moves over beside Juliette, lowering his voice so that he's inaudible. "What's wrong? Do you believe this thing has evil intentions? Is it safe to bring the General down here?"
Lynx
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Post by Lynx »

Juliette keeps her voice down in response to Heinrich. " I do not believe it has any good intentions. I will start believing it has good intentions the moment the ones they have captured say so. They could have contacted us peacefully long time ago. If they had good intentions they would have sent the Persephones crew back to us the moment we touched down. Surely the crew would have had time to come around to them beeing "nice and peaceful" by now? I am not certain wether it is safe or not to bring the general. My instincts screams NO! Let's get evidence that our people is alive first. "
Mr Handy,Invisible castle is down. please make the roll for psychology
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Karin approaches the alien. "Mi-Go, my scanners have problems analyzing your physiology. You probably think our equipment is very crude but it is very interesting for me professionally and personally to meet a new species. Would you mind telling me how you are made? And is there anything we should be aware of, such as allergies or environmental factors that may distress you? It would be awful if we caused you harm from ignorance."
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Story once again steps back into a corner while running his hand through his hair.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Thorn »

Brook moves over to Story, and stands next to him, listening to the conversations and discussions.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We are not made azzz humanzzz are," the Mi-Go said to Karin. "Your zzzienzzze izzz not advanzzzed enough for you to underzzztand uzzz. It would take yearzzz to teach you about our biology. The only thingzzz on your bazzze that might harm uzzz are your weaponzzz, and we are rezzzizzztant to them." It glanced over at Juliette. "Thizzz human attacked and damaged me, but I can be treated bezzzt by my own kind when I return to them."

The door swished open again, and in strode a man in his late forties with a proud bearing. His uniform bore many more decorations than the rest of the crew.

"General Pryce," said Major Natalia Orlova, saluting.

"As you were," replied the man, returning the salute. The door shut behind him. He looked over at Story and his companions. "You must be our uninvited guests. I'd like a word with you later, but first things first." He then looked at the Mi-Go, and his composure shattered. He broke down in sheer terror and certain knowledge of the sheer wrongness of what he faced. A seething rage overtook him as he stared at the alien creature, and he whipped out his sidearm. "DIE!!!" he shouted, shooting the creature. It reeled but remained upright.
Juliette Desjardins,[b]Juliette[/b] [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3314980/]couldn't determine anything about the others' reactions[/url]. They did not seem to be under any alien influence, but how could she tell?
OOC,That was the surprise combat round, in which only [b]General Pryce[/b] got to act. Clearly nobody was expecting him to do that - including me! :shock: A normal combat round now begins. Only those with drawn firearms may act at this time, and only if they intend to fire them. [b]Juliette[/b], you get to act first. You may make one shot before the general gets to shoot again. If you wish to do something else, please let me know, but he will act before you do. Unfortunately, [b]Sergeant Heinrich Kohl[/b] has lower DEX than the general, so I think the only other people who can go before him are NPCs.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

Elizabeth gasps and steps back in shock, trying to stay out of any fight that ensues.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

Colleen Rose watched the conversation calmly, though concerned that it seemed rather polite for ambushers. Bringing it anywhere near her superiors seemed like a dumb idea but she was content to watch right up until the General began shooting. Her brain is a little frazzled by the suddenness of the attack so she simply stands, slack-jawed, as the shots are fired (at least until its her turn to act).
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Thorn »

Brook screams as the general suddenly opens fire upon the alien, ducks and covers. "Noooooo! Stop it!"

Return to “Episode 2”