IC-Ep 2-The Visitor(Everyone else)

The Mi-Go capture Lt. Colonel Bruce, while Juliette Desjardins captures one of the Mi-Go and brings it back to Styx Base.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Re: IC-Ep 2-The Visitor(Everyone else)

Post by ImpInTraining »

"It keeps saying 'we'... like it has no individuality," Lucius observes. "Mi-Go, are you in contact with your others? If so, please assure them that all of the humans are not of the same mind. These very people treated us with hostility when we arrived. They are cautious and scared, and perhaps a bit too premature to violence, but I'm sure we can find a peaceful resolution."
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

"You have a good point Mr. Verres. Mi-Go could be hive creatures. In which case they may assume we are too and expect humans to always act in a specified manner. However, thanks for the vote of confidence," Karin mutters sarcastically, " I don't think differentiating between you visitors and us 'violent' crew is going to help matters."
Dr. Bloodworth
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 13 years 1 month

Post by Dr. Bloodworth »

"Is the Lieutenant-Colonel alright?" Heinrich asks.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Lucius chuckled then folded his hands together and bowed slightly to the doctor, "Yes, perhaps I was a bit too broad with my generalization. My apologies, Karen. You have been a breath of fresh air compared to that of your commanders. Maybe that's where the real root of the problem is." He looked back to the Mi-Go and added, "But the point is that we are quite unique individuals with our own individual ideas of right and wrong, and should not be judged as a whole." He held up a finger and said, "Also makes a good point that they are not behaving this way simply because the Mi-Go are different, but because this group here are by nature an untrusting and suspicious people."
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Story steps even closer to the Mi-Go all the while looking at it intently. "Mi-Go, you said that the crew of the Persephone attacked you and that they were damaged." Kneels down on one knee in front of the "alien". "How exactly did you preserve them? After all if Persephone was the first vessel of humanity to visit Pluto, forgive me I mean Yuggoth, then how could you be familiar enough with the species in order to medically help them? Humans are a different type of life form than yourself."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Somewhat mollified, Karin smiles her thanks to Lucius and then turns to the Mi-Go, interested in what it has to say about medicine.
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Thorn »

Brook listens curiously at the talk of hive minds and differences of species. She turns to Karen. "Didn't you say it was fungal? Fungi? Fungus can spread itself across very large areas. And they have spores. Perhaps they aren't really mushrooms themselves, but are connected through the spores of a giant fungus growing in the soil of Pluto. I mean Yuggoth. So much cooler name."
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

Elizabeth nods quietly as she hears Brook speak. She waits to see what the alien will say next.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

The Mi-Go looked around at all the people in the lab. "The humanzzz are conzzziouzzz," it said. "They are not prizzzonerzzz. The human known as Bruzzze will be returned to you when I am returned to my people. He izzz only lightly damaged. The humanzzz from the Perzzzephone were damaged heavily. It wazzz not eazzzy to prezzzerve their lives, but we have advanced technology. It izzz true that humanzzz are different. Partzzz are lozzzt, but they zzztill live." It turned its bulbous head to face Lucius. "We each have zzzpecialtiezzz, but we are of one mind. I zzzee that humanzzz are not. Humanzzz dizzzagree and argue with each other. It izzz very inefficient. I am in contact with the other Mi-Go. We want peazzze, and we agree to the trade."

"Excellent," said Natalia. "I hope this can be the beginning of a peaceful relationship between our peoples."

"Not so fast," said Indira. "The general hasn't agreed to this exchange yet, and the decision rests with him."

"Surely General Pryce wouldn't abandon Lt. Colonel Bruce!"

"I wizzzh to zzzpeak to General Pryzzze. Take me to your leader."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Thorn »

Brook stifles a sudden giggle.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Lucius shot Brook a glance, confused at what was so funny. He looked back at the Mi-Go and nodded, "If it were up to me, we'd see to it right away. But I'm a stranger here too. How many of your species are there here on Pluto... Yuggoth... whatever?"

He looked to Story and called him over to the side so they could have a more private conversation.
Story,[color=#0000FF]"We have to prepare for the possibility that the general will refuse. So far, they don't seem a very sensible people. The Mi-Go have superior technology, which means they can probably overtake us if they want, if they see us as uncooperative."[/color]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We are many," replied the Mi-Go.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

"How many, approximately?" asks Elizabeth. "Dozens, hundreds, thousands, what?"
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Story whispers to Lucius.
Lucius,[color=#0000FF]"Yes I see your point...lets just hope things don't go sour."[/color]
Story turns his attention back to the Mi-Go.
"Humanity can be a... bumbling race, don't hold it not against them." Smiles.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We are millionzzz," the Mi-Go buzzed in response to Elizabeth's question. Then it regarded Story with seeming curiousity. "Are you not human yourzzzelf?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Lynx
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Post by Lynx »

Mr. Handy,Juliette will return after changing out of her spacesuit. Taking some nourishment, freshening up quickly to look her normal stunning self ;) and clearing her head. And all along refreshing her memory of things that has happened. Just write in her entrance when you see that it fits into the timeline.
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Surprised by the question Story responds saying "Do I not look human?"

Story looks into the eyes of the Mi-Go.
Mr. Handy,In his mind, not known whether his attempt is futile or not, Story asks a question hoping that if the Mi-Go can read minds perhaps it will hear. [color=#0000FF]"Are you telepathic?"[/color]
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You look human," said the Mi-Go, "but when you referred to humanzzz, you did not include yourzzzelf in their number."
Story,"I am telepathic," said a voice in [b]Story[/b]'s mind. It retained the monotony of the Mi-Go's speech, though without the buzzing caused by its vocal apparatus. "Are you?"
OOC,Everyone is moving to the thread linked below.
The Gathering
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 2”