IC-Ep 2-Two Came Back(Xiang/Ed/Sofia/Juliette/Robert)

The Mi-Go capture Lt. Colonel Bruce, while Juliette Desjardins captures one of the Mi-Go and brings it back to Styx Base.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

IC-Ep 2-Two Came Back(Xiang/Ed/Sofia/Juliette/Robert)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Docking Bay - Styx Base, Pluto
0710 GMT - Tuesday, August 9, 2112

Captain Juliette Desjardins, flying the Demeter, and Lt. Hu Xiang, piloting the Persephone, hovered over the docking bay at Styx Base. The dome had been retracted, and they had already been given permission to land. Lt. Edward Barrett stood in the bay below in a vacuum suit. He moved out of the way so that the ships could set down safely.

Private Sofia Torres arrived at the airlock outside the docking bay at about the same time as Private Robert MacCrimmon. They could see on the monitor that the spacecraft were preparing to land, and that the bay was depressurized. There were more spacesuits in lockers near the airlock.

"Good morning," said Robert to Sofia.

Shortly afterwards, Colonel Indira Patel entered from the airlock to the tunnel leading back to the central module.
OOC,[b]Juliette[/b], please roll Pilot Space Fighter at double your effective skill. [b]Xiang[/b], please roll Pilot Space Transport at double your effective skill.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Re: IC-Ep 2-Two Came Back(Xiang/Ed/Sofia/Juliette/Robert)

Post by BenTheRat »

"Hi Robert," Sofia muttered with an eye on the monitor. "Colonel, is everyone ok?" she blurts out.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Lynx
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by Lynx »

With smooth efficiency Juliette put the Demeter in position for the landing. She waited for 1.lt Hu to put the Persephone down first as she was the larger spacecraft. Then she was going to make an impressive landing, feeling like she was in control of the spacecraft. And she could see an audience down there, she allways performed best with an audience... And she would need them to move the ickythingy in the airlock before she could leave the ship.
SSior.27
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by SSior.27 »

Hu lowers the ship into the hangar, taking alittle extra time and effort to leave room for Juliette and the Demeter.
Seeing Eihort - 1d6/1d20 Sanity Loss
Seeing Cthulhu - 1d10/1d100 Sanity Loss
Seeing 'Twilight' - Automatic Permanent Insanity
Lynx
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Lynx »

As soon as the Persephone is landed, Juliette lands the Demeter with ease, making sure the airlock is facing the people in the dock. She then switches on the intercom to talk to those outside. "Nice to see such an excellent crowd. Is there anyone who wants to clear the way out for me? There's a dead weight filling up my airlock, and I cant squeese through." She then releases the airlock and waits to see what happens.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'll take care of it for you, ma'am," said Lt. Barrett via his suit's built-in radio. He opened up the Demeter's airlock and gaped in shock at the small creature within, but he remained calm and collected. He picked up the alien in his arms and resealed the airlock. "Got it, Captain."

"Everyone except Lt. Colonel Bruce," said the colonel. "How did we manage to lose our security chief? The general never should have allowed him to go out there."

Robert saluted the colonel. "If you need someone to help get the chief back, I'll volunteer," he said.

"Thank you, Private. I'll keep that in mind." She returned the salute. "As you were."

"Hey, Sofia. Looks like they're going to bring the alien out soon."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Lynx
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Lynx »

Juliette climbed into the airlock, she brought with her the weaponthing in the sample box. As she came out she walked over to colonel Patel and saluted her. "Reporting back from mission to collect the Demeter. One man missing and one drone down, Mam. Do you want more information immideately or should we wait for 1. lt Hu and take it all inside?" Juliette hoped for the last, but it was not allways easy to secondguess the Colonel.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Sofia stayed back away from the creature. She stared at Juliette with a bit of a smile. "I can take the weapon from you Julie.. I mean Captain." She said.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Lynx
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Lynx »

Juliette glanced at Sofia and then at the box with a black knoblike object. She then gave Sofia one of her dazzling smiles. "Of course you can, if it is OK with the Colonel. It shoots out a bluish sparkle, and that is what took out the drone. They have these pinchers, and I really don't know how they shoot with it. " Juliette tilted her head and winked at Sofia. "But I'll bet you can find out how, N'est pas Private Torres?"
Last edited by Lynx on Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Sofia giggled and blushed, and then cursed to herself as she looked away. Then she looked back and smiled, "Yea, the lieutenant and I are supposed to analyze it." then after a second pause, "So how did you take him out? Are you ok?" As she took the box from Juliette.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Lynx
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Lynx »

Juliette looked at Sofia, one eyebrow raised and with a bemused smile on her lips. " I shot it until it was dead- Which took some doing as the creatures are reluctant to take damage, luckily I am a very good shot." She gave Sofia another wink and turned back at Colonel Patel. Awaiting further instructions.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"I'll take this to the lab sir," as Sofia turns and walks away smacking her hand into her face. Then mumbles to herself, "Sofia you are such an idiot."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Lt. Edward Barrett had come through the airlock with Captain Juliette Desjardins, carrying the alien creature. It was the size of a small child, with thin, membraneous wings and a bulbous head. It looked vaguely insectoid, but different somehow - and quite disturbing. It had multiple spindly limbs that ended in the pinchers that Juliette had described.

Colonel Patel recoiled when she saw it, but composed herself almost instantly. She saluted back. "Excellent work, Captain. Yes, let's wait for Lt. Hu. We can all head to the labs together, and I can debrief you on the way."
OOC,[b]Sofia[/b] and [b]Robert[/b], please roll Sanity for seeing the alien. Sanity loss is 0/1d6, so you lose no Sanity if you succeed but 1d6 if you fail. If you lose 5 or more Sanity, you most roll idea. Failing this roll is good, as success means you go temporarily insane.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Pvt. Torres shuddered at the site of the creature but was looking at Captain Desjardins and thankfully never got a good look before walking away.
Psych,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3291489/]Sanity check, target = 70 (1d100=40)[/url]
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
SSior.27
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by SSior.27 »

OOC,Sorry, it's been a while since I have been able to be on to post.
Hu exited the Persephone and rejoined Sophia, glancing through the activity trying to see this beast that Juliette had managed to kill.
Seeing Eihort - 1d6/1d20 Sanity Loss
Seeing Cthulhu - 1d10/1d100 Sanity Loss
Seeing 'Twilight' - Automatic Permanent Insanity
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Lt. Hu crossed through the docking bay as the dome resealed and the bay was repressurized. He went through the airlock to the curving hall outside, where the others waited, and he got quite a good look at the alien - and promptly wished that he hadn't.

"Ah, good, there you are," said Colonel Patel. "Let us be off to the laboratory module. On the way you and Captain Desjardins can tell me all about what happened." She opened up the airlock to the tunnel leading to the central module and ushered everyone inside.
OOC,[b]Xiang[/b], you must now roll Sanity too. Sanity loss is 0/1d6. I'll roll for [b]Robert[/b]. Also, everyone may roll Spot Hidden to see what you notice about the alien.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Lynx
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Lynx »

Juliette loosende and shook back her long hair, Helmet under her left arm and took agood look at the little but tough creature. "I can't help but wonder if these buggers are telepathic or something. They give you this strange feeling up close, apart from the fact that they are butt ugly."
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Sofia laughed out loud at Juliette's joke and then realized she was a bit too loud. she made her way through the airlock still giggling.

She was wondering if she should speak up about what she noticed on the weird creature. Uh it gave her the willies. Well someone else probably noticed it. I guess if no one says anything I'll speak up Sofia thinks to herself.
Spot Hidden,Crit Success: [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3292941/]Spot Hidden roll target = 60% (1d100=6)[/url]
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Oh, aye," said Robert, not too discomforted at the sight of the creature. "Sure is an ugly...whatever it is."
Captain Juliette Desjardins,As [b]Juliette[/b] examined the creature, she noticed that its wings were fluttering a little, though it hardly moved otherwise.
Private Sofia Torres,[b]Sofia[/b] noticed that the creature's wings were fluttering a little, and there were other very subtle movements from its body. At first she thought the motion was due to [b]Edward[/b] moving while carrying it, but it was still happening even when they stopped in the airlock. She didn't know much about alien anatomy, but it seemed as though it were still alive.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Lynx
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Lynx »

Juliettes eyes widened in astonishment. She drew her blaster aiming it at Edward. "Llt Barret, put the creature down and move away. Quickly, but carefully. Le chose maudite n'est pas mort... I mean, it is not dead!" Juliette could not help it, it was in her blood, she struck a pose that could have been taken from one of Alexander Kaisers many propagndashoots with her, the dashing brave spacepilot.
Last edited by Lynx on Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Episode 2”