Page 1 of 1

IC-Ep 2-Questions and Answers(Everyone else)

Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:42 pm
by Mr. Handy
Brig - Styx Base, Pluto
0655 GMT - Tuesday, August 9, 2112

Private Alison Silver sat at her station in the antechamber, watching the monitors showing various parts of the base and the cells where the strangers had been locked up. In the cell block corridor, Sergeant Kohl was standing at the intercom, waiting for Lt. Colleen Rose to get back to him after he had asked her to get in touch with his commanding officer, Lt. Colonel Howard Bruce. Captain Karin Bauer had completed her examination of Lucius Verres in his cell, which Private Robert MacCrimmon had just opened so that he could let her out. She still needed to examine the two young women, Brook Davies and Elizabeth Young, who sat dejected in their own cells, and Story was locked in his cell as well.

"Can I get you something to eat or drink?" Robert asked Lucius.

Re: IC-Ep 2-Questions and Answers(Everyone else)

Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:36 pm
by aine
"Thank you Private, and thank you for sorting out some food and drink for everybody. Could you please let me in to one of the ladies' cells please?" Karin rubs her eyes as she comes out into the passageway and jots a few notes down on her notepad while she waits.

Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:40 pm
by Mr. Handy
"Yes, ma'am," said Robert. He opened Brook's cell door, which was in the same cell block.

Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:49 pm
by Thorn
Brook looks up as her door opens yet again. "You have got to be kidding me...You know, this would all go a lot faster if you just put us all in the same room and talked to us like normal people, in stead of all this opening and shutting of doors. What is it now?"

Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:59 pm
by ImpInTraining
To Captain Bauer as she left, Lucius said, "Yes, they did take my dagger. I believe Sergeant Kohl said he would safeguard it for me. Like I said, it is the only thing I still retain that is a piece of 'home'. Thanks."

As Robert asked him about food and drink, Lucius nodded, "Yes, a little of both would be most appreciated." He sat down on the hard, metal bed and looked around the room some more.

Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:42 pm
by Mr. Handy
"Anything in particular you want?" asked Robert. "I can't promise we'll have it, but I'll try to get you something close if we don't."

Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:27 pm
by aine
Karin smiles wryly as she enters Brook's cell carrying a black bag. "Well it stops you getting too bored sitting here on your own. Not much fun though I agree. I'm Karin Bauer, medical officer on the station. Now I know you are fit and healthy but I have to go through the procedure of checking to keep the boss happy. Are you happy to oblige?"

Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:46 pm
by Thorn
"I haven't been happy since I got to this stupid planet. I've been handcuffed like some street rat, humiliated and locked in a tiny metal cell with not so much as a blanket or a magazine or anything. And people keep telling us how sorry they are, but your meanie colonel has given orders. Well, tell me this. Is that what you'll say when he tells you to kill us cause you can't support this many people? That you're sorry? But sure, go ahead. Seems we got no rights here." Brook sits back on the slab, glaring.

Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:55 pm
by Mr. Handy
"There's six incoming unidentified blips converging on Bruce." Lt. Colleen Rose replied to Heinrich Kohl on the intercom.
OOC,[b]Karin[/b], you may roll Medicine and Psychology.

Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:41 pm
by Dr. Bloodworth
"Lieutenant-Colonel!" shouts Heinrich, painfully aware he's helpless to do anything from here. "Rose, is there anyone down there who can see exactly what's going on?" While waiting for an answer, he rushes down the corridor to Story's cell. "It seems something's come up. Follow me," and while in the corridor, "There may have been another encounter with these aliens, and I'm not certain that they're peaceful. They seem to be attacking the Lieutenant-Colonel as we speak. I'm waiting for word from someone on the ground who knows exactly what's going on, and maybe we can get a description of these things, see if you can identify them."

Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:24 pm
by ImpInTraining
Distracted a little by the disembodied voices (if he hears the intercom as well), he tells Robert, "Bread, cheese, fruit.... water... I'm pretty easy to please."

Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:46 pm
by aine
Handy,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3234949/]1d100=59, 1d100=8 medicine (70) psychology (30)Do we hear the intercom at all?[/url]
Karin sets up her equipment, fixes a band onto Brook's wrist and watches the scan. "So if you weren't stuck in a tiny metal cell on a god-forsaken planet what would you rather be doing now? And I'm afraid that's men for you: give the orders and then rush off on some totally different tangent."

Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:30 pm
by Thorn
Brook looks at the doctor, then smiles wryly. "Nice bedside manners. I guess I'd rather be doing just about anything else than this, but the plan was to go sightseeing..." Karin might get the feeling Brook is putting on a tough face to hide the fact she's really scared.

Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:19 pm
by jaysun81
Story stands and follows after Heinrich. "Let's hope it is not an attack."

Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:54 am
by yockenthwaite
Elizabeth has heard the voices outside, and sees Story get ready to leave. She wonders what exactly is going on, and gets slowly to her feet.

Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:54 pm
by aine
OOC,Well I rolled psychology okay so I'll read it as Brook suggested.
Karin stares intently at Brook as she listens to the voices outside. "What are you really thinking Brook? Do you know something I don't? Tell me; this could be very important."

Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:21 pm
by Thorn
Brook looks at dr. Bauer, raising her eyebrows a little. "I'm sure I know plenty you don't. And vice versa. What I don't know is just what will happen to us here. The colonel, or lieutenant colonel or whatever, wasn't too friendly...I'm thinking he might decide the station can't provide for four extra people, and that we'll have to take a walk out an air lock or something, unless you just leave us in here and conveniently forget about us. And all the sorries in the world won't do squat for us then..."

Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:09 pm
by aine
Karin packs up her equipment. "The most likely thing to happen is that the station staff will decide you are all 'mostly harmless' which will be reported to the Lieutenant colonel and you'll be invited to step into your transporter and told to get out of here and go sight-see somewhere else. Not that you aren't all pleasant people and I'd like to get to know you all a bit better; it's just that this is a military facility and everyone's got a lot of work to do. There is absolutely no chance of you being shot or 'airlocked' unless you attack the station. And you don't strike me as those sort of people. As soon as I've seen the other woman I'll forward a short report to that effect. Now if you don't know anything at all about what is going on outside I'm going to check up on your friend."
Karin bangs on the door to be let out, hoping there is still someone on guard in the corridor.

Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:13 pm
by Thorn
"What do you mean, what's going on outside?" Brook asks. "Trouble? Maybe that's why we're here..." she mutters to herself.

Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:24 am
by Mr. Handy
"Lieutenant Colonel Bruce is hit!" yelled Lt. Hu from the intercom. "They fired some sort of blue... THING at him. He seems to be alive, but isn't moving!"

"Right, I'll be off then," said Robert MacCrimmon. He closed the door to Lucius's cell, then let Karin out of Brook's cell. "I'll take you to Miss Young now, ma'am," he said. "She's in the other cell block."

Sergeant Heinrich Kohl led Story back to the antechamber, where Private Alison Silver sat at the console watching the monitors. "What's going on, Sergeant?" she asked, concerned.
OOC,Everyone is shouting, so you can all hear the intercom just fine.
Karin Bauer,[b]Brook[/b] seemed healthy mentally. While she wasn't hurt, she wasn't in the greatest physical shape either. She looked like she got exercise, but she seemed to have some unhealthy habits. Probably too much junk food. She reminded [b]Karin[/b] a lot of [b]George Bond[/b] in that respect. [b]Brook[/b] was clearly upset about locked up, and [b]Karin[/b] sensed that this wasn't the first time she had been imprisoned.

Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:35 am
by aine
Just as she is leaving, Karin turns round to Brook. "Once I've checked Miss Young, I'll see about transferring you all into the same room so you can be together at least." Karin is very worried and is torn between doing her job and going to the ante chamber to see what's going on. "Private I'll be just two minutes with Miss Young so can you be ready to let me out soon as?" She knocks on Miss Young's door. "Miss Young; I'm Karin Bauer, medical officer. Can I run a few scans to check your health please? It'll take just a minute." She starts writing up a brief report on her notepad as she waits.

Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:41 am
by Thorn
"That'd be good.." Brook replies in a small voice, and pulls her feet up again.

Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:42 pm
by ImpInTraining
"Story," Lucius called through the wall, "Think they got ghouls on Pluto too? Should we be worried?"

Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:05 pm
by jaysun81
Yelling back to Lucius "Space Ghouls? No... this is probably something entirely different." Turns his attention to Lt. Hu.

Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:52 pm
by ImpInTraining
You'd think that the reassurance that it wasn't ghouls would be enough to calm Lucius' growing concern... but uncertainty of the unknown still had him on edge. If it wasn't ghouls, then what was it. "What do you mean by 'space ghouls'?" he asked back... still unknowing that they were on the 9th planet of the solar system. He wasn't even sure if he believed in planets, and was only starting to understand the earth being round and circling the sun.

Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:15 pm
by yockenthwaite
"Of course," calls back Elizabeth, hearing Karin's voice. "Please come in."

Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:05 pm
by aine
"Thankyou Miss Young. You seem very calm sitting here considering what's happened to you." Karin opens her bag and rigs the scanner. She applies a clean band to Elizabeth's wrist and watches the readings. "Is your friend Lucius quite alright? He seems besotted with these 'ghouls'. I was thinking about asking to get his knife back but now I'm not so sure. I must say, you've all been very helpful in allowing me to do checks."
Elizabeth,Karin whispers [i]"I'm afraid your young friend Brook is taking this imprisonment very hard. I'll see what I can do but do you know of anything which might help her if I can't get a release?"[/i]
Handy,medicine roll (7O) [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3240987/]1d100=2[/url]

Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:37 pm
by yockenthwaite
"We had a difficult time in London," says Elizabeth. "It affected Lucius quite badly. He could safely have his knife though. He doesn't pose any danger." Then more quietly she says to Karin: "Please at the very least let Brook be reunited with Lucius and/or me. If she is not on her own, and we are there to reassure her, that might help."

She pauses to watch what Karin is doing, before adding: "By the way I heard voices discussing things outside, and Story go off. It sounded serious. Should we be alarmed?"

Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:21 pm
by Dr. Bloodworth
"Hu, this is Sgt. Kohl. Could you see what these things look like? What're they doing with Lt.-Col. Bruce now?" He looks worried. "Has there been any word from Capt. Desjardins?"

Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:04 am
by Mr. Handy
Heinrich had to lean back into the corridor between the cell blocks through the still open door and use the intercom there, as that was the only one that was patched through to the Persephone. Lt. Rose had to have done that for him. The others spoke all at once, at more or less the same time he did.

"What did you see?" asked Lt. Rose. "What are they?"

"1st Lt. Hu Xiang," said the astrophysicist, "I'm on site in the Persephone. The creatures have just taken Lt. Colonel Bruce into a nearby cavern."

Alison just gaped in shock.

Robert nodded to Karin when he opened the door to Elizabeth's cell for her. "Of course, ma'am," he said. "I'll wait until you're done before going to the cafeteria."
Karin Bauer,[b]Elizabeth[/b] seemed healthy enough, but [b]Karin[/b] noticed the faintest hint of a scar on her forehead. It looked to her expert eye like a gunshot wound. If she'd been shot there, she was lucky to be alive. [spoiler][b]Karin[/b], you may roll Psychology as well.[/spoiler]

Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:05 pm
by aine
Karin wraps up her equipment. "You are perfectly healthy Miss Young. You look like you've been in the wars though; how did that happen?" indicating a scar on Elizabeth's forehead. "I'm going to submit a report right now and request that you are all given a bit more freedom. Then we can all find out what is going on." Karin herself would absolutely hate to be locked up in a small cell with strange, and possibly dangerous, goings-on outside so she is keen to help the prisoners.
Handy,Psychology(30) [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3241861/]1d100=44[/url] sorry, should have done this last night too.

Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:30 pm
by yockenthwaite
"Gunshot wound," replies Elizabeth, tapping her forehead. "But I had good medical care afterwards, so pulled through."

Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:14 pm
by jaysun81
While looking at the monitors Story says "Sergeant, do you have some sort of surveillance drone that can be sent into the cave to get a visual on what's happening inside there?"

Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:58 pm
by Thorn
Brook looks around for the camera again now that she knows where it's supposed to be. If she finds it, she looks for toilet paper. If there is any, she wets it in the sink and plasters it over the lens.

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:47 am
by Mr. Handy
Juliette and Xiang talked over each other again on the intercom.

"They seem to be like a flying insect, multiple extremities, large heads," said the astrophysicist. "They have taken Lt. Col. Bruce into the caverns. I can't see where from the viewscreen. And yes, Captain Desjardins has made contact and killed one."

"This is Captain Desjardins," said the pilot, "they have captured the Lt. Colonel. Permission to engage in battle on close ground to own party."

Brook still did not see where the camera was hidden. There was toilet paper, however.
OOC,I had you roll Spot Hidden a while back to see if you could spot the camera, and you had failed badly.

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:19 pm
by Thorn
(I know, just thought I could look again now that Robert pointed it out to her.)

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:16 pm
by Dr. Bloodworth
"Capt. Desjardins," says Heinrich, "do you have any reconnaissance drones you can send into the cavern first? See exactly what's going on? But congratulations on your kill. And whatever you decide... be careful." He turns to Story and gives a perplexed expression. "Did that description of these aliens sound familiar at all to you?"

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:27 pm
by Mr. Handy
"Contrôle au sol," said Juliette, "les crètins fly incredible fast. There is a flat cave, at the far end of the cave there is a round sphincter-like opening that was closed when I was down there last. It is sealed by a lot of black plates that looks like it would be an iris opening. There were a lot of colored lights flashing on the wall next to the door, and since they had two on guard the last time, they are bound to be on guard now."
Story,[b]Story[/b] had never heard of creatures like the ones described.
OOC,[b]Robert[/b] didn't point out its exact location, he just told you where to hold your hand to block its view of the toilet. I'm sorry, but you don't get a second roll. The camera is well hidden, and you'd need someone else to tell you exactly where to find it. In that case, you wouldn't need to roll.

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:51 pm
by jaysun81
Story shakes his head. "Unfortunately it doesn't sound familiar to me Sergeant. There are untold numbers of alien species throughout the cosmos. I have only had the pleasure of encountering a small number of them."

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:37 pm
by Mr. Handy
"That is a negative, Sergant Kohl," added Juliette. "I have no drones, the Demeter is to small to carry them. But there are some unmanned drones in the docking bay at the base. I'm uncertain of the the signal length, but if you send them out we should be able to take over control at this end to boost the signal as they go into the tunnel. Or 1st Lt. Hu can fetch them with the Persephone. Fourmilière, Zut Alors," she said and continued in English. "This is maybe like an anthill, they are bound to have other exits. All creatures that live underground have alternate exits. They lured the Persephone down here. Maybe this is only a trap. We should send in drones here, but we should also find their alternative exits."

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:53 pm
by Thorn
Frustrated she still can't find the blasted camera, Brook gets up and paces back and forth in the tiny cell, feeling she's running out of room. She stops only to bang on the door a few times with her fists, shouting:"What's going on out there? You can't leave us in here! This is kidnapping! Wrongful imprisonment!"

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:08 pm
by aine
Karin knocks on the door to be let out. She finishes her report while she waits.
Handy,Report to Colonel Indira Patel: Maam, I have examined the prisoners; Story, Verres, Brook and Young both medical and physiological profiles. In my professional opinion they are healthy, well adjusted and normal human beings. Their confinement is not beneficial to their well-being or morale and is taking up valuable human resources maintaining their captivity which, according to Desjardin's report, may well be of better use elsewhere. There is some indication that they have had previous experience dealing with aliens which may help us. I therefore suggest they are held under a more relaxed guard in a larger area or room and that we solicit their help if necessary. As the base doors can be sealed we should be able to limit their movements if required. Also, I request that Lucius Verres' ceremonial heirloom is returned to him. ooc Sorry this is badly garbled. Suffering post-Halloween party syndrome and can't think military-style. Hope you get the gist.

Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:00 am
by Mr. Handy
Robert let Karin out of Elizabeth's cell.
Karin Bauer,That's okay, I understand. I'm disoriented myself from lack of sleep. Please roll Persuade to see how convincing your report will be.

Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:19 am
by aine
Karin walks out of the cell, "Thankyou Miss Story, I'll see you again a bit later hopefully." nods to Robert and makes her way up to see the sergeant and find out what's going on.
Handy,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3247122/]1d100=36[/url] persuade (15)

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:22 pm
by aine
Karin walks out of the cell block into the antechamber. "What's happening Sergeant? Did I hear they are being attacked by aliens out there? Have you spoken to Colonel Patel? I sent my report to her so I'm just waitng for the verdict on the prisoners."

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:47 pm
by Dr. Bloodworth
Heinrich turns to greet Capt. Bauer. "Yes. Lt.-Col. Bruce has been dragged into some sort of tunnel complex by five or six of them. They seem to resemble gigantic insects, and they fly. Capt. Desjardins shot and killed one. We shall see, perhaps she will retrieve it for study. I've asked Story if he knows what they are, but he hasn't seen them before, although we do know our weapons are effective against them, thankfully. I've not spoken to Col. Patel yet." He pauses. "At any rate, I'm sure our visitors will appreciate anything you can do for them. Are they all in good health?"

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:49 pm
by aine
"Jislaaik! Well done the captain. The aliens fly? And they don't need an atmosphere? Doesn't sound too good. As for our visitors here, they measure up as mostly fit, healthy human beings. One or two psychological and physiological quirks but then that's what makes them human." Karin grimaces, "I suggested, in my report, that they be allowed a greater degree of freedom; if they are kept cooped up there may be problems dealing with them later and I think we may appreciate their cooperation." she nods towards Story leaning over the monitors. "He seems to know what he's about. Anyway, we can regulate their movements in the base."

She looks at the sergeant and says quietly, "If Lt. Col. Bruce is indisposed then you answer directly to Col. Patel, which might be an improvement. Which reminds me," Karin activates her comm unit, "Col. Patel has the 'Persephone' docked yet? Do I need to head there to investigate it?" and then switches it off.
OOC,I won't be posting until Sunday night so please NPC me if necessary.

Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:45 am
by Mr. Handy
Robert closed the door to Elizabeth's cell and followed the others into the antechamber on his way to the cafeteria.

"The Persephone and Demeter have not yet returned, Captain Bauer," replied Colonel Patel. "General Pryce and I haven't heard from them yet, but any communications would be routed through Ground Control. We're reviewing your report. I don't think letting the intruders out is such a good idea. They've already proven themselves capable of defeating the security locks on the doors here, though at least we detected when they did it."
OOC,It won't be necessary, as I'll be away myself until Sunday night. ;) Anyone other than [b]Karin[/b] (or the prisoners, of course) may attempt a Persuade or Fast Talk roll to convince [b]Colonel Patel[/b] and [b]General Pryce[/b].

Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:00 pm
by ImpInTraining
Lucius has taken some toilet paper and is getting little amounts of it wet and checking to see how well it sticks to the sink when he applies it. The plan is, if it works, he might use it to cover the camera above.

Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:22 pm
by yockenthwaite
After Karin leaves Elizabeth sits back down, but continues to listen to try to work out what is happening on the base.

Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:34 pm
by Thorn
Brook continues to pace, about two steps back and forth.

Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:36 pm
by jaysun81
Story looks up from the monitors. "You're wasting time. Without eyes on Lt. Col. Bruce who knows what is happening to him. We may not have time to wait for the drone. Contact must be established!" Story runs his hand through his hair. "I'm sorry but without establishing contact there is no way to peacefully resolve this situation... and sadly humans usually shoot first then ask question."

Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:44 pm
by Dr. Bloodworth
"What do you propose, Story? I mean with us in here and him out there?"
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3253227/]Persuade 15%, 1d100 roll=03[/url]; if necessary, I will submit a supplementary report to Col. Patel indicating that Heinrich will take responsibility for the newcomers.

Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:36 am
by jaysun81
Looks at Sgt. Heinrich. "Let Lucius and I suit up and enter the cavern. Perhaps we can serve as mediators." Smiles. "Besides we're not part of your crew.... you have nothing to lose. If you're people go that means two more of your people may be captures which in turn will leave this base with less of its defense force." Looks back at the monitors. "We are friends. Let us prove it."

Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:20 pm
by aine
Karin reads her report glumly. "Sorry to interrupt Sergeant, but I've had my request to allow the prisoners more freedom denied. Whether or not Mr Story does head out to the cave I would like the two women to be sited together under guard in a larger room if possible."

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:29 pm
by Thorn
*pace-pace-pace*

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:57 pm
by Dr. Bloodworth
"I've spoken with Col. Patel as well," says Heinrich, "concerning your request, Capt. Bauer. Time shall tell what comes of it."

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:23 pm
by aine
"Okay sergeant but I hope she hurries up with her decision." Karin stalks grumpily to the monitors. "What's happening out there now?"

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:21 pm
by jaysun81
Looks back at Sgt. Heinrich.

Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:53 pm
by ImpInTraining
(unless they've changed the basic properties of toilet paper) Lucius finds the toilet paper to be quite cohesive when wet. He believes he can either get a small folded square of it very wet and place it over the camera, or if he cannot reach the ceiling, he could make a wadded ball of wet toilet paper and toss it up at the ceiling - continuing to try until the camera is covered.

Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:42 pm
by Mr. Handy
Lucius was able to moisten the toilet paper, and it stuck to the eye, covering it.

Brook and Elizabeth waited in their respective cells.

Robert passed through the antechamber and out into the corridor, where he started making his way to the cafeteria. Karin, Heinrich, Alison, and Story remained in the antechamber and awaited Colonel Patel's response. When it came, it was General Pryce that spoke and not the colonel.

"Sergeant Kohl," said the general, "in the absence of Lt. Colonel Bruce, you are in charge of security. I trust you as much as I trust him, and you make a strong case. I know Colonel Patel does not agree with me, but I am the one in charge. Story and the other intruders may be let out of their cells. Just see to it that you keep an eye on them and make sure they have a security escort at all times. Any help that they can provide is welcome."

A blonde woman in her late thirties swept into the antechamber from the corridor outside, the door sliding shut behind her. She walked up to Story and sized him up. "I am Major Natalia Orlova," she said, "chief science officer on Styx Base."
OOC,[b]Story[/b], [b]Karin[/b], [b]Heinrich[/b], and [b]Alison[/b], you may each roll both Psychology and Spot Hidden.

Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:41 pm
by Dr. Bloodworth
"Thank you, sir," Heinrich says to the general, his eyes slightly wide at the unexpected conversation with the top man at the base. "I am sure the prisoners will appreciate this."

Heinrich turns back to the door of the antechamber and sees Major Orlova enter. "I apologize for not getting back to you, Major, but as you know it's been a bit... tense recently." He flashes a half-hearted smile.

"If you'll excuse me for a moment?" He walks back through the corridor to the cells, and opens Brook's, Elizabeth's, and Lucius' cells.

"Come on, then."
OOC,Psychology [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3262074/]failed[/url] & Spot Hidden [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3262078/]failed[/url].

Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:50 pm
by Thorn
Brook looks at the open door, then peeks out, looking to the sergeant. "Where are we going?" She quickly steps into the corridor in case he suddenly changes his mind. Seeing her friends are also let out, she looks relieved and hurries over to them. "Elisabeth! Lucius! Are you okay?"

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:33 am
by yockenthwaite
"I'm fine, Brook," says Elizabeth, getting to her feet and stepping out into the corridor uneasily. "How are you?"

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:46 am
by aine
Karin is quietly relieved at the general's decision, she throws a short salute as the major enters the antechamber. "Maam." She turns back to the monitors but is listening to how Story introduces himself to Major Orlova.
Handy,Spot hidden and Psychology failed [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3262143/]1d100=73, 1d100=91[/url]

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:08 am
by Thorn
"Not stuck in a box, at least," Brook answers Elisabeth. "Do you know what's going on?"

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:37 am
by Dr. Bloodworth
"There's been an incident," says Heinrich, still standing by the newly-freed newcomers. "When the Lt.-Col. went out to retrieve the ship, he was attacked by a group of... creatures of some sort. They've apparently taken him to their lair. One of the creatures was killed by Capt. Desjardins. Story's out front speaking to Maj. Orlova."

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:01 am
by yockenthwaite
"Is there any way that we can help?" asks Elizabeth, somewhat doubtfully. "I heard some of the discussion between Story and the others from my cell, so it is a relief to find out more about what is happening, even if it sounds worrying."

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:59 am
by jaysun81
Story turns his attention to the Major. "Chief science officer you say? It's a pleasure to meet you. You can call me Story." Smiles. "What can you tell me about the aliens? Do they appear to be natives?"
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3262294/]Psychology - 85% (1d100=96)[/url]
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3262296/]Spot Hidden - 25% (1d100=23)[/url]

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:19 pm
by Mr. Handy
"I know next to nothing about these creatures, Mr. Story" said Natalia. "I was hoping you might have some insights. They do seem to have been here before we arrived, however. I would also like to know more about your transport and how it works. With technology like that, we could revolutionise space travel."
Story,[b]Story[/b] happened to glance at the bank of monitors while he was talking, and he noticed [b]Lucius[/b] using moistened toilet paper to cover the camera in his cell before [b]Heinrich Kohl[/b] went back to let him and the others out.

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:06 pm
by jaysun81
"Please just call me Story. Concerning the aliens, which I use loosely being that we're all aliens here on Pluto, we need to get into that cave and see what's going on. As to me transport that can wait... the life of Lt. Col. Bruce is at stake and we must resolve that situation first." Looks back at the monitors. "Is the reconnaissance drone from the base on the way?"

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:36 pm
by ImpInTraining
Lucius smiled as he was let out and nodded to Brook and Elizabeth, "I am satisfactory. Although, with they way they greet newcomers, it is no big surprise that the aliens appear hostile. Not all visitors are as mild mannered as us." He looked to the one that let them out and said, "Thank you. I do hope you intend on taking us someplace secure. I don't mean prison secure, I mean secure from the aliens should they decide to infiltrate your facility and attack. Really am wishing you all just would have let us be on our way, but I'm guessing that still isn't an option. At the very least, hopefully we can get that food you promised us."

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:48 pm
by Thorn
Brook hugs both Elisabeth and Lucius, then looks to sergeant Kohl. "Can we go where Story is?"

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:28 am
by Mr. Handy
"Yes, the cave," said Natalia. "You're right, we need to send people out to explore it. The only ship we have currently at the base is Charon's Ferry, the one that brought us here in the first place. It's also the only one that can get us all back to Earth, so we can't risk it. Though I take it that your own craft can make the journey, but it looks barely big enough to hold the four of you. We just recovered the Persephone, which is also capable of making the return journey, but it only holds three. The Demeter is incapable of interplanetary travel and is a one-person craft. When those vessels return, then we could send a team out to the cave."

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:05 am
by Dr. Bloodworth
"Of course," Heinrich says, gesturing into the hallway and following them back out to the antechamber.

Overhearing the discussion of the various craft, he speaks up. "Pardon the interruption, Major, but part of my arrangement with Gen. Pryce to get these people 'released' that they must have a security escort at all times. If any of them are in this party, at least one of us security officers must as well."

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:36 pm
by aine
Karin looks up from the monitors as the antechamber becomes quite busy.
"While we are waiting for the ships to come back, can you suggest an area where we can monitor what's going on at the cave but is bigger and more comfortable than here? Somewhere where the sergeant can maintain security but everyone can get something to eat before heading out."

Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:47 pm
by Mr. Handy
"Yes, of course, Sergeant," said Natalia. "I don't think the general will wish to risk you as well. If anything happened to you, Security would be leaderless." She nodded to Karin. "The best place to observe what's going on at the cave would be from Ground Control. The monitors and scanners there are designed for it."

Private Robert MacCrimmon returned from the hallway carrying a tray full of food and beverages.

Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:07 pm
by Thorn
Brook looks curiously at the monitors, and smiles relieved when she sees Story in the control room.

Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:30 pm
by aine
"Okay chow's up everyone, best eat it while it's hot. Thanks for fetching it Private MacCrimmon." Karin grabs a cup and moves to the corner. She opens her bag and proceeds to upload the visitors' data to the hard drive in the lab. She adds some personal notes to the reports and a reminder to check up on Colonel Patel.

Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:06 pm
by ImpInTraining
ooc,I presume we are where the chow is... but I'm not certain who is where. (thus why I've been rather quiet)
Lucius helps himself to some of the food, tasting it and having a rather disapproving look on his face. It just tasted off to him, as he was not accustomed to eating synthetic produce. It was nothing like the food he was used to, nor the food of the 30's. But he was hungry enough to eat it regardless. He just hoped his stomach wouldn't disagree later. To Story, Lucius asked, "Is there anything I can do to help?"

Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:21 pm
by Thorn
Brook doesn't touch the food since she didn't ask for any. In stead she watches the monitors.

Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:11 pm
by jaysun81
Seeing Brook ignore the food Story grabs two cups,takes a sip from one of them and turns to Lucius. "I don't think so. At this stage I don't think there is much any of us can do. Unless of course they allow use to head out to the cave." Walks over to Brook and hands her on the the cups. "To exploring the cosmos and all of its uncertainties." He then taps his cup to the one he handed her and takes another sip.

Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:35 pm
by Thorn
Brook takes the cup and toasts with Story, smiling a little. "To exploring the cosmos. And boldly go where no man has gone before. Or women, for that matter." She sips the drink, still not too sure she won't have to go back to the tiny little cell. "What are we drinking, anyway..."

Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:09 pm
by ImpInTraining
Lucius asked, "Is there a window so I can look outside?"

Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:06 pm
by aine
Handy,It seems a bit strange that Colonel Patel has been so quiet. Should Karin be concerned as it's her role to monitor psychological anomalies with all the staff? Or is Patel just busy in her office?

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:27 pm
by yockenthwaite
Elizabeth takes the food and drink brought for her, and starts to tuck in, while looking at the monitors. They remind her of the early television screens she is used to from her own time. She is relieved to see Story and smiles as he encourages Brook to drink.

Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:26 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Present in the antechamber are: [b]Story[/b], [b]Elizabeth Young[/b], [b]Lucius Verres[/b], [b]Brook Davies[/b], [b]Major Natalia Orlova[/b], [b]Captain Karin Bauer[/b], [b]Sergeant Heinrich Kohl[/b], [b]Private Alison Silver[/b], and [b]Private Robert MacCrimmon[/b].
Karin Bauer,[b]Colonel Patel[/b] could very well be busy, considering what's going on. Please roll Psychology to see what you can tell about her from your conversation with her.
The food that Robert had brought back consisted of bread that was cut into large cubes and bowls of soup, along with white plastic spoons. He also had several plastic cups containing either cold water or hot, steaming tea. The meal tasted all right, though a bit bland.

"The docking bay has a transparent dome," said Natalia, "and we can bring up exterior views on the monitors here. We'd only be able to see the base environs from here, though. To get any idea of what's going on where the aiens are, we would have to go to Ground Control."

Just then, the general's voice came from the public address system: "This is General Pryce. Lt. Colonel Bruce has been taken by the aliens. Captain Desjardins and Lt. Hu are returning in the Demeter and the Persephone with an alien specimen and one of their weapons. Major Orlova and Captain Bauer, please report to the medical lab and prepare for an analysis of the specimen. Private Torres and Private Bond, please report to the astrophysics lab where you will assist Lt. Hu with an examination of the weapon."

Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:58 pm
by aine
Karin raises her eyebrows. "Okay, this should be interesting." She packs up her stuff and finishes the food."Major, I'm ready when you are." She addresses the visitors, "If any of you have experience with aliens I would appreciate any assistance in the lab if you are willing and the sergeant allows it."

Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:01 pm
by Thorn
Brook looks up from the monitors. "Met a few. Is it alive? We could maybe talk to it if it's still alive."

Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:54 pm
by jaysun81
Looks over at the Captain. "Captain, my associates and I would like to accompany you to the medical lab."

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:17 am
by Dr. Bloodworth
"Then as per orders," Heinrich says to Story, "I'll accompany you." He turns towards the other officers. "Silver, MacCrimmon, you can either accompany us or continue your rounds in the rest of the station. It's up to you."

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:10 pm
by aine
"Thankyou Mr. Story." Karin bows her head. "Major, we'll follow you soon as you are ready to head to the lab."

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:36 pm
by yockenthwaite
Elizabeth finishes her food and drink, and puts the plate and cup back down, ready to head off with Story and the others.

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:09 am
by jaysun81
Story walks over to Elizabeth. "I hope you don't mind me dragging you along." Smiles. "I know I'd much rather meet a new face than look over their weaponry. Peace is established by means of relationship not force." Looks over at Lucius. "Shall we see what new faces wait for humanity beyond the blue sky?"

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:51 am
by ImpInTraining
"Sure... and maybe I can find this transparent dome along the way," Lucius stated, still eager to see what this place named Pluto looked like.

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:23 pm
by yockenthwaite
"No I don't mind at all," says Elizabeth to Story. "I'm curious myself, and want to see what is going on. Ready and willing, as always." She grins.

Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:16 am
by Thorn
Brook sets down her cup and follows the others. "E.T. phone hooome...."

Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:34 am
by ImpInTraining
"Who is this E.T. you're speaking of?" Lucius asked Brook as they took off.

Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:16 am
by Thorn
Brook looks to Lucius. "Oh....He's an alien. Extra Terrestrial. E.T. Get it? It's from a movie. I mean a story. Like a play. An alien stranded on Earth, and this little boy helps him and they become friends. Real big in the eighties. Spielberg rocks."

Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:25 pm
by aine
Karin leads the group towards the lab.
Handy,psychology roll (30) [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3285147/]1d100=44[/url]Karin assumes the top brass are just busy.

Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:44 pm
by ImpInTraining
Lucius looks even more confused after the explanation, but decides to let his further questions go for the moment and responds with a simple, "Um... thank you."

He's still looking for any sorts of transparent domes or portals to the outside. He has no idea what Pluto looks like. He thought maybe like Naples, or Sicily. But then again, since the place was named after the god of the underworld, perhaps they were in a cavern of some sort? It was starting to bother him, not knowing what the outsides of the facility looked like. "The people here were very bold to name their city after the god of the Underworld," Lucius commented.

Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:29 pm
by Thorn
Brook looks curiously at Lucius. "The god of the underworld? Oh...that makes more sense then....I always thought it was weird naming a planet after a cartoon...Let's just hope there are no more cultists, then."

Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:53 pm
by yockenthwaite
"Hopefully not," laughs Elizabeth. "I think the name came about because Pluto is so far from the Sun, a cold and dark world. So the classical name was a good choice."

Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:55 am
by Mr. Handy
"I'll go with you, Sergeant," said Alison Silver.

"I'll head over to the docking bay, Sarge," said Robert MacCrimmon. "If that alien is alive, they may be needin' some security too."

"The docking bay with the transparent dome is not on our way, unfortunately," Major Natalia Orlova said to Lucius. "We will go directly to the lab. If a mission to the aliens' lair is approved later, however, you may get to see the planet's surface even more closely."
OOC,[b]Robert[/b] is moving to the thread linked below.
Two Came Back
OOC,Everyone else is moving to the thread linked below.
Preparations