IC-Ep 2-Questions and Answers(Everyone else)

The Mi-Go capture Lt. Colonel Bruce, while Juliette Desjardins captures one of the Mi-Go and brings it back to Styx Base.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Re: IC-Ep 2-Questions and Answers(Everyone else)

Post by aine »

Just as she is leaving, Karin turns round to Brook. "Once I've checked Miss Young, I'll see about transferring you all into the same room so you can be together at least." Karin is very worried and is torn between doing her job and going to the ante chamber to see what's going on. "Private I'll be just two minutes with Miss Young so can you be ready to let me out soon as?" She knocks on Miss Young's door. "Miss Young; I'm Karin Bauer, medical officer. Can I run a few scans to check your health please? It'll take just a minute." She starts writing up a brief report on her notepad as she waits.
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Thorn »

"That'd be good.." Brook replies in a small voice, and pulls her feet up again.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

"Story," Lucius called through the wall, "Think they got ghouls on Pluto too? Should we be worried?"
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Yelling back to Lucius "Space Ghouls? No... this is probably something entirely different." Turns his attention to Lt. Hu.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

You'd think that the reassurance that it wasn't ghouls would be enough to calm Lucius' growing concern... but uncertainty of the unknown still had him on edge. If it wasn't ghouls, then what was it. "What do you mean by 'space ghouls'?" he asked back... still unknowing that they were on the 9th planet of the solar system. He wasn't even sure if he believed in planets, and was only starting to understand the earth being round and circling the sun.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Of course," calls back Elizabeth, hearing Karin's voice. "Please come in."
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"Thankyou Miss Young. You seem very calm sitting here considering what's happened to you." Karin opens her bag and rigs the scanner. She applies a clean band to Elizabeth's wrist and watches the readings. "Is your friend Lucius quite alright? He seems besotted with these 'ghouls'. I was thinking about asking to get his knife back but now I'm not so sure. I must say, you've all been very helpful in allowing me to do checks."
Elizabeth,Karin whispers [i]"I'm afraid your young friend Brook is taking this imprisonment very hard. I'll see what I can do but do you know of anything which might help her if I can't get a release?"[/i]
Handy,medicine roll (7O) [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3240987/]1d100=2[/url]
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"We had a difficult time in London," says Elizabeth. "It affected Lucius quite badly. He could safely have his knife though. He doesn't pose any danger." Then more quietly she says to Karin: "Please at the very least let Brook be reunited with Lucius and/or me. If she is not on her own, and we are there to reassure her, that might help."

She pauses to watch what Karin is doing, before adding: "By the way I heard voices discussing things outside, and Story go off. It sounded serious. Should we be alarmed?"
Dr. Bloodworth
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 13 years 1 month

Post by Dr. Bloodworth »

"Hu, this is Sgt. Kohl. Could you see what these things look like? What're they doing with Lt.-Col. Bruce now?" He looks worried. "Has there been any word from Capt. Desjardins?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Heinrich had to lean back into the corridor between the cell blocks through the still open door and use the intercom there, as that was the only one that was patched through to the Persephone. Lt. Rose had to have done that for him. The others spoke all at once, at more or less the same time he did.

"What did you see?" asked Lt. Rose. "What are they?"

"1st Lt. Hu Xiang," said the astrophysicist, "I'm on site in the Persephone. The creatures have just taken Lt. Colonel Bruce into a nearby cavern."

Alison just gaped in shock.

Robert nodded to Karin when he opened the door to Elizabeth's cell for her. "Of course, ma'am," he said. "I'll wait until you're done before going to the cafeteria."
Karin Bauer,[b]Elizabeth[/b] seemed healthy enough, but [b]Karin[/b] noticed the faintest hint of a scar on her forehead. It looked to her expert eye like a gunshot wound. If she'd been shot there, she was lucky to be alive. [spoiler][b]Karin[/b], you may roll Psychology as well.[/spoiler]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Karin wraps up her equipment. "You are perfectly healthy Miss Young. You look like you've been in the wars though; how did that happen?" indicating a scar on Elizabeth's forehead. "I'm going to submit a report right now and request that you are all given a bit more freedom. Then we can all find out what is going on." Karin herself would absolutely hate to be locked up in a small cell with strange, and possibly dangerous, goings-on outside so she is keen to help the prisoners.
Handy,Psychology(30) [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3241861/]1d100=44[/url] sorry, should have done this last night too.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Gunshot wound," replies Elizabeth, tapping her forehead. "But I had good medical care afterwards, so pulled through."
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

While looking at the monitors Story says "Sergeant, do you have some sort of surveillance drone that can be sent into the cave to get a visual on what's happening inside there?"
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

Brook looks around for the camera again now that she knows where it's supposed to be. If she finds it, she looks for toilet paper. If there is any, she wets it in the sink and plasters it over the lens.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Juliette and Xiang talked over each other again on the intercom.

"They seem to be like a flying insect, multiple extremities, large heads," said the astrophysicist. "They have taken Lt. Col. Bruce into the caverns. I can't see where from the viewscreen. And yes, Captain Desjardins has made contact and killed one."

"This is Captain Desjardins," said the pilot, "they have captured the Lt. Colonel. Permission to engage in battle on close ground to own party."

Brook still did not see where the camera was hidden. There was toilet paper, however.
OOC,I had you roll Spot Hidden a while back to see if you could spot the camera, and you had failed badly.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

(I know, just thought I could look again now that Robert pointed it out to her.)
Dr. Bloodworth
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 13 years 1 month

Post by Dr. Bloodworth »

"Capt. Desjardins," says Heinrich, "do you have any reconnaissance drones you can send into the cavern first? See exactly what's going on? But congratulations on your kill. And whatever you decide... be careful." He turns to Story and gives a perplexed expression. "Did that description of these aliens sound familiar at all to you?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Contrôle au sol," said Juliette, "les crètins fly incredible fast. There is a flat cave, at the far end of the cave there is a round sphincter-like opening that was closed when I was down there last. It is sealed by a lot of black plates that looks like it would be an iris opening. There were a lot of colored lights flashing on the wall next to the door, and since they had two on guard the last time, they are bound to be on guard now."
Story,[b]Story[/b] had never heard of creatures like the ones described.
OOC,[b]Robert[/b] didn't point out its exact location, he just told you where to hold your hand to block its view of the toilet. I'm sorry, but you don't get a second roll. The camera is well hidden, and you'd need someone else to tell you exactly where to find it. In that case, you wouldn't need to roll.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Story shakes his head. "Unfortunately it doesn't sound familiar to me Sergeant. There are untold numbers of alien species throughout the cosmos. I have only had the pleasure of encountering a small number of them."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"That is a negative, Sergant Kohl," added Juliette. "I have no drones, the Demeter is to small to carry them. But there are some unmanned drones in the docking bay at the base. I'm uncertain of the the signal length, but if you send them out we should be able to take over control at this end to boost the signal as they go into the tunnel. Or 1st Lt. Hu can fetch them with the Persephone. Fourmilière, Zut Alors," she said and continued in English. "This is maybe like an anthill, they are bound to have other exits. All creatures that live underground have alternate exits. They lured the Persephone down here. Maybe this is only a trap. We should send in drones here, but we should also find their alternative exits."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 2”