IC-Ep 2-Questions and Answers(Everyone else)

The Mi-Go capture Lt. Colonel Bruce, while Juliette Desjardins captures one of the Mi-Go and brings it back to Styx Base.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Re: IC-Ep 2-Questions and Answers(Everyone else)

Post by Thorn »

Frustrated she still can't find the blasted camera, Brook gets up and paces back and forth in the tiny cell, feeling she's running out of room. She stops only to bang on the door a few times with her fists, shouting:"What's going on out there? You can't leave us in here! This is kidnapping! Wrongful imprisonment!"
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Karin knocks on the door to be let out. She finishes her report while she waits.
Handy,Report to Colonel Indira Patel: Maam, I have examined the prisoners; Story, Verres, Brook and Young both medical and physiological profiles. In my professional opinion they are healthy, well adjusted and normal human beings. Their confinement is not beneficial to their well-being or morale and is taking up valuable human resources maintaining their captivity which, according to Desjardin's report, may well be of better use elsewhere. There is some indication that they have had previous experience dealing with aliens which may help us. I therefore suggest they are held under a more relaxed guard in a larger area or room and that we solicit their help if necessary. As the base doors can be sealed we should be able to limit their movements if required. Also, I request that Lucius Verres' ceremonial heirloom is returned to him. ooc Sorry this is badly garbled. Suffering post-Halloween party syndrome and can't think military-style. Hope you get the gist.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Robert let Karin out of Elizabeth's cell.
Karin Bauer,That's okay, I understand. I'm disoriented myself from lack of sleep. Please roll Persuade to see how convincing your report will be.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Karin walks out of the cell, "Thankyou Miss Story, I'll see you again a bit later hopefully." nods to Robert and makes her way up to see the sergeant and find out what's going on.
Handy,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3247122/]1d100=36[/url] persuade (15)
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Karin walks out of the cell block into the antechamber. "What's happening Sergeant? Did I hear they are being attacked by aliens out there? Have you spoken to Colonel Patel? I sent my report to her so I'm just waitng for the verdict on the prisoners."
Dr. Bloodworth
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 13 years 1 month

Post by Dr. Bloodworth »

Heinrich turns to greet Capt. Bauer. "Yes. Lt.-Col. Bruce has been dragged into some sort of tunnel complex by five or six of them. They seem to resemble gigantic insects, and they fly. Capt. Desjardins shot and killed one. We shall see, perhaps she will retrieve it for study. I've asked Story if he knows what they are, but he hasn't seen them before, although we do know our weapons are effective against them, thankfully. I've not spoken to Col. Patel yet." He pauses. "At any rate, I'm sure our visitors will appreciate anything you can do for them. Are they all in good health?"
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"Jislaaik! Well done the captain. The aliens fly? And they don't need an atmosphere? Doesn't sound too good. As for our visitors here, they measure up as mostly fit, healthy human beings. One or two psychological and physiological quirks but then that's what makes them human." Karin grimaces, "I suggested, in my report, that they be allowed a greater degree of freedom; if they are kept cooped up there may be problems dealing with them later and I think we may appreciate their cooperation." she nods towards Story leaning over the monitors. "He seems to know what he's about. Anyway, we can regulate their movements in the base."

She looks at the sergeant and says quietly, "If Lt. Col. Bruce is indisposed then you answer directly to Col. Patel, which might be an improvement. Which reminds me," Karin activates her comm unit, "Col. Patel has the 'Persephone' docked yet? Do I need to head there to investigate it?" and then switches it off.
OOC,I won't be posting until Sunday night so please NPC me if necessary.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Robert closed the door to Elizabeth's cell and followed the others into the antechamber on his way to the cafeteria.

"The Persephone and Demeter have not yet returned, Captain Bauer," replied Colonel Patel. "General Pryce and I haven't heard from them yet, but any communications would be routed through Ground Control. We're reviewing your report. I don't think letting the intruders out is such a good idea. They've already proven themselves capable of defeating the security locks on the doors here, though at least we detected when they did it."
OOC,It won't be necessary, as I'll be away myself until Sunday night. ;) Anyone other than [b]Karin[/b] (or the prisoners, of course) may attempt a Persuade or Fast Talk roll to convince [b]Colonel Patel[/b] and [b]General Pryce[/b].
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Lucius has taken some toilet paper and is getting little amounts of it wet and checking to see how well it sticks to the sink when he applies it. The plan is, if it works, he might use it to cover the camera above.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

After Karin leaves Elizabeth sits back down, but continues to listen to try to work out what is happening on the base.
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

Brook continues to pace, about two steps back and forth.
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Story looks up from the monitors. "You're wasting time. Without eyes on Lt. Col. Bruce who knows what is happening to him. We may not have time to wait for the drone. Contact must be established!" Story runs his hand through his hair. "I'm sorry but without establishing contact there is no way to peacefully resolve this situation... and sadly humans usually shoot first then ask question."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Dr. Bloodworth
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Dr. Bloodworth »

"What do you propose, Story? I mean with us in here and him out there?"
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3253227/]Persuade 15%, 1d100 roll=03[/url]; if necessary, I will submit a supplementary report to Col. Patel indicating that Heinrich will take responsibility for the newcomers.
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Looks at Sgt. Heinrich. "Let Lucius and I suit up and enter the cavern. Perhaps we can serve as mediators." Smiles. "Besides we're not part of your crew.... you have nothing to lose. If you're people go that means two more of your people may be captures which in turn will leave this base with less of its defense force." Looks back at the monitors. "We are friends. Let us prove it."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Karin reads her report glumly. "Sorry to interrupt Sergeant, but I've had my request to allow the prisoners more freedom denied. Whether or not Mr Story does head out to the cave I would like the two women to be sited together under guard in a larger room if possible."
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

*pace-pace-pace*
Dr. Bloodworth
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Dr. Bloodworth »

"I've spoken with Col. Patel as well," says Heinrich, "concerning your request, Capt. Bauer. Time shall tell what comes of it."
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"Okay sergeant but I hope she hurries up with her decision." Karin stalks grumpily to the monitors. "What's happening out there now?"
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Looks back at Sgt. Heinrich.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

(unless they've changed the basic properties of toilet paper) Lucius finds the toilet paper to be quite cohesive when wet. He believes he can either get a small folded square of it very wet and place it over the camera, or if he cannot reach the ceiling, he could make a wadded ball of wet toilet paper and toss it up at the ceiling - continuing to try until the camera is covered.

Return to “Episode 2”