Murray's Journey: Revelations

A resort town in cheery America is a major holiday destination that sits upon the shores of the beautiful Lake Toluca. It's a fun and fantastic location with plenty to see and do whether as one of our many wonderful tourists or as brand new residents. Catch a film or theatrical production at Artaud Theatre then retire to Annie's Bar for drinks with friends. Check out the Lakeside Amusement Park and see the historical Lighthouse that is still in operation certain days of the year. Spend a romantic evening on the Observation Deck or an evening at Pete's Bowl-o-Rama. Or take a stroll through Rosewater Park.
There's lots to see and do and that's not even mentioning White Claudia, The Order, skinned dogs, alien geometries that occasionally warp the town, nor the psychologically-induced misery and torments that spring fully formed into existence while walking the merry streets.
Welcome!

Moderator: Laraqua

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Re: Murray's Journey: Revelations

Post by Laraqua »

Show,Roll Spot Hidden, Listen and Track.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

If he's to find twine or something similar he will need to provide a better source of light. His flashlight is starting to get dim despite the fact he had loaded a fresh set of batteries before coming here. Either more time had passed than he had realised or something about this place drained batteries. He might need to grope about the shelves and pull off the old mouldy boxes if he wants to find that twine. Luckily the only disturbing noises he could hear came from the fans outside in the street.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Murray makes his way back up to the ground floor and begins his search, hoping to find either twine or something that could be used as a light source. A candle would help, as he still has the matches. He might even be able to make a torch by taking a length of wood, wrapping one end in something flammable (such as paper), and lighting it.
OOC,I'm using the clip-on flashlight. [b]Craig[/b] had the one I had brought with me.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The clip-on flashlight produces dim light though still somewhat serviceable, though it'd still be a good idea to create a non-electronic light source for when it finally gives in. The flashlight, however, still manages to send the long shadows a'skitter, making it difficult to find the twine he needs. It takes more searching than he had expected, and as he pushes some of the papers and mouldy boxes about, his finger rasps against something rusty hidden among them, drawing a line of blood on his finger. As he withdraws his hand, he knocks something, and sees a ball of twine go thump-thump-thumping across the floor.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Murray grits his teeth and has a sharp intake of breath. He pulls a handkerchief out of a pocket of his trenchcoat and wraps it around his cut, applying pressure. I better not get tetanus, he thinks. Gotta clean that fast. Alcohol would do nicely.
OOC,I'm not sure what I've picked up, as it's been a long time. Do I have any medical/first aid supplies from the hospital? And do I have any alcohol? I don't have anything like that recorded on my character sheet.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

OOC,I don't think [b]Murray[/b] ever did find one though he did search pretty hard for it. At least, I don't think he found one since using up the last one on Craig after the gunshot. I'm pretty sure everything was dirty and grimy. Just plain awful, in fact. In truth, it's funny how folks minds work. I can truly believe someone worrying about tetanus when they're in a hellish deformed world of twisted metal and all the more twisted monsters.
It doesn't appear to be a big cut and it's not bleeding too badly, though the handkerchief certainly helps with that. If he ever gets out of this hellish place, he may very well need to get another tetanus shot. As he applies pressure, he hears something release a sound that is part-howl, part-snarl and part-scream. Did something pick up the scent of that blood?

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Murray shivers when he hears the howl, suddenly with more pressing concerns than his cut.
OOC,Is there any way I can lock and/or barricade the front door?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The shelving structures could be pushed against the door, providing some degree of barricade. The internal door could also be theoretically barricaded from the inside, though it would only buy him time, and probably only as much time as it would take to push them in place. If he could wedge something in the landing by that internal door, that could do a reasonable job, though it would take a Mechanical Repair roll to figure out how to do that (failure means he's at a loss as to how to do it so it won't cost any time).

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Murray hastily shoves the shelving against the front door. He sntaches up the ball of twine and hurries back downstairs. Unable to figure out how to efficiently block off the interior door, he settles for closing it behind him as he makes his way back downstairs.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

As his foot hits the bottom step, he can hear a thud against the exterior door. Hopefully he can rig the device to pull the lever quickly (Mechanical Repair).

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Murray ties the end of the twine into a loop and effortlessly lassoes the switch without having to reach into the hole. He stands well back, playing out the twine, and pulls it to activate the switch.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The switch sticks for a moment, but another another tug, it moves and with a clatter of internal gears the two doors begin to yawn open, pulling backwards to reveal red-tinged air and a hint of smoke that smells like matchsticks and old-fashioned camera flash bulbs. From somewhere above comes another crash of weight against the door above and the groaning of upset metal. Plaster dust drops in little patters and the doors cease their movement, as though the vibrations had set their gears off course, though there is room at least for Murray to squeeze through.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Murray quickly squeezes through the doors, preferring the unknown to whatever is chasing him - which is also unknown, he realizes, but somehow it seems worse to him.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The room is large with a high vaulted ceiling. There's a snap-snap-snap-snap sound like a high-speed shutter slamming and along the right wall stands a bank of monitors, in front of which lies a set of venetian blinds whose movements open and closed seem to be causing the commotion. A ramp heads up along both walls to an elevated platform which contains (from what he can see) some sort of stone bench that stands before a large red cloth which drapes across the rearmost wall. Two old beaten up couches stand before the stone bench, facing it at odd angles.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Murray tries to close the doors behind him an then heads over to the monitors to see if they're displaying anything.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The monitors show familiar faces through the staticky shroud. Old clients?

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Weird, thinks Murray as he makes his way up the ramp to the platform to get a closer look at what's up there. Am I going to find the Wizard of Oz behind that curtain?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The platform contains two ratty couches, and a floor lamp that match the kind of furnishings he keeps in his office, if in a more rundown condition. The stone altar has a recess within it which contains an ambiguous figure whose skin ranging from face to chest to the tops of the limbs have been flayed open and pinned back.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Murray grimaces when he sees the disgusting idol. Well, there's someone who's having a worse day than I am, he thinks. He tries to light the lamp, then goes over to the curtain and takes a peek behind it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Welcome to Silent Hill.”