Murray's Journey: Revelations

A resort town in cheery America is a major holiday destination that sits upon the shores of the beautiful Lake Toluca. It's a fun and fantastic location with plenty to see and do whether as one of our many wonderful tourists or as brand new residents. Catch a film or theatrical production at Artaud Theatre then retire to Annie's Bar for drinks with friends. Check out the Lakeside Amusement Park and see the historical Lighthouse that is still in operation certain days of the year. Spend a romantic evening on the Observation Deck or an evening at Pete's Bowl-o-Rama. Or take a stroll through Rosewater Park.
There's lots to see and do and that's not even mentioning White Claudia, The Order, skinned dogs, alien geometries that occasionally warp the town, nor the psychologically-induced misery and torments that spring fully formed into existence while walking the merry streets.
Welcome!

Moderator: Laraqua

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Re: Murray's Journey: Revelations

Post by Laraqua »

The lamp switches on just fine, though it doesn't appear to be plugged into anything. The red curtains obscure nothing but wall. It seems like they are decorative wall hangings rather than designed to hide anything.

There is a low static charge to the air that makes his hair stand on end. Something is happening, has happened and will happen.

The corpse, laid open and revealed for all the world to see, twitches in the recess, its muscles spasming as though it were still alive though surely that couldn't be possible.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

That can't be good, thinks Murray, beating a hasty retreat back down the ramp.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

As he hurries back down, he can hear the sound of steel grinding against concrete as WHAM!! something slams against the slightly open door and WHAM!! it slams against it once more.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I thought I closed the doors in [url=http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/pbp/viewtopic.php?p=157491#p157491]this post[/url].
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

OOC,sorry I didn't respond to that bit. It's too heavy to close and too rusted in place, hence why it stopped mid-way through opening (should've mentioned that) but that fact actually will still work in your favour as *it* won't have an easy time getting in. Also, because of the angle in which it opened, the creature will need to slam the door shut before it can break it open. Which suggests that the creature isn't intelligent, not even as intelligent as a cat, because a cat would be trying to get its paws inside and then wrench it further open rather than just throwing itself bodily at the door. So you have time. Perhaps not a lot, but time. Spot Hidden, please.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Murray looks around for another way out, but his rising sense of panic distracts him.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There is another snap-snap-snap sound as the monitors slowly resolve their static to reveal a series of faces of those he had followed and revealed for their criminal or just plain dodgy activities. The false injury claims, the thefts, the arson investigations for insurance fraud, the cheating spouses.... All of those people whose dastardly doings were revealed to the client to see. Then with another snap-snap-snap it turns to static before revealing a woman standing by the railing of a lighthouse. It's Ash and by her side is that man ... Jack.

Wham!!! Something slams against the door.

"She was tough as nails like my mom," said Ash, her voice ringing clear from her multi-screen face. "I was always jealous of her. Always. She always seemed to be their favourite. I didn't really know what had happened but I guessed. When I turned sixteen mum felt I should know as she'd be passing on the baton to me. I ... well, I balked."

Wham!!! Something slams against the door.

"The powerful leaves behind words that are feared, sometimes even worshipped by the meek, thus gods are born, and these gods perpetuated by all the cruel men that comes after. It's not the cruel world that breeds cruel gods, but rather cruel men and women," Jack says, then mutters, "I have trouble believing that people actually believe whatever gods rule here. They always sounded more like demons to me." Jack shrugged. "Sick and twisted demons, corrupting men and women and leading them towards their death. Not that I really care anymore."

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Murray frantically keeps looking for some means of escape, or at least a hiding place, while still paying some attention to Ash and Jack's exchange on the monitors.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Jack turns to gaze down at Murray through the giant collection of screens as they each flip to become a giant combination picture of Jack and Ash. "You can't run forever, you know. Sometimes you have to turn and fight." And with that all of the screens erupt into a shower of glass shards and sparks that fly across the room, miraculously falling harmlessly against Murray's side. Sitting on the platform before the monitors upon the altar now lies a drowned and bloated body of a woman with blonde hair wearing a long coat who clutches desperately at a shotgun. She seems quite dead. The flayed figure has disappeared, though a trail of blood now leads to the ragged red curtain on the left.

The WHAM!!! at the door, however, sounds very much alive, or at least animate. Murray doesn't have very much time.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Murray runs to snatch up the shotgun and then bolts for the red curtain. Even if there's no way out there, he might be able to hide and ambush the creature. Like Jack said, he can't run forever.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There is a gore encrusted and slippery chute heading down into blackness. The sides of its metallic frame look a little sharp and threaten all kinds of infectious diseases. There'd be no way to hide in that chute but one could attempt to continue fleeing down the rabbit hole to get out of here. Alternatively, one could stand and fight. The crunch of the doors finally buckling inward reveals that the time is at hand to make your decision.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Oh no, thinks Murray as he hides behind the curtain and inspects the shotgun, Getting jabbed by sharp, rusty metal once was plenty for me, thank you. It's a good thing I've got this shotgun now, but it didn't do the dame much good. I guess I'm going to have to stand and face my nightmares. He shakes his head. I can't believe I'm listening to Jack. Of course, he wasn't talking to me...or was he?
OOC,What kind of shotgun is it, and how many shells does it have?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

OOC,12-gauge Bellini M3, 4d6/2d6/1d6 at 10/20/50 yards. 2 attacks per round. 7 bullets in the gun. Mal 00

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Sweet!
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The doors crack open as a bizarre shape of shutter-flash static-lit edges and twisted shards of razor and edged metal rushes into the space, its edged limbs rasping against the cement as it moves forward, whipping around a head-like appendage filled with whip-thin wires as though seeking out his presence through the very vibrations in the air. The sight of it feels as though a giant weight were pressing down on Murray's heart, as though it were some massive guilt that threatened to overwhelm him, yet he feels that the weight here isn't entirely his own. It is the weight of everyone he has ever met before and everyone he will meet. The queer notion and it's strange non-Euclidean geometric shapes rattle the mind (1/1d10).

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

OOC,What would be a suitable insanity do you think?

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Being wracked with guilt might be fitting, but it could be too debilitating. Maybe I could flee in terror down the chute anyway in spite of my resolve to stay and fight (and then feel guilty about chickening out afterwards).
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Show,abject terror would certainly work and be very fitting. Alternatively you could see it as a God and come to worship it for a very interesting Bad+ ending (wouldn't end immediately but would put you on the path). Paralysis would also make sense but would just get you killed.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I could see [b]Murray[/b] worshipping it and becoming a sort of vigilante avenger much like Tex Murphy in the missing seven years before Tesla Effect, but that's not the route I'd choose - I prefer the old [b]Murray[/b] just like I prefer the old Tex. I'm thinking abject terror.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Welcome to Silent Hill.”