Cole's Journey: Lock & Key

A resort town in cheery America is a major holiday destination that sits upon the shores of the beautiful Lake Toluca. It's a fun and fantastic location with plenty to see and do whether as one of our many wonderful tourists or as brand new residents. Catch a film or theatrical production at Artaud Theatre then retire to Annie's Bar for drinks with friends. Check out the Lakeside Amusement Park and see the historical Lighthouse that is still in operation certain days of the year. Spend a romantic evening on the Observation Deck or an evening at Pete's Bowl-o-Rama. Or take a stroll through Rosewater Park.
There's lots to see and do and that's not even mentioning White Claudia, The Order, skinned dogs, alien geometries that occasionally warp the town, nor the psychologically-induced misery and torments that spring fully formed into existence while walking the merry streets.
Welcome!

Moderator: Laraqua

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Re: Cole's Journey: Lock & Key

Post by Laraqua »

While Cole is strong, she resists so firmly that he'll have to push hard enough to hurt her locked joints and tight muscles. No permanently, but still, it's bound to hurt a little. Will he push her that little bit harder?
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Garrett
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 10 months

Post by Garrett »

OOC- Not yet, he wants his questions answered first
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"I haven't seen a little girl named Mary," says the voice on the phone, "but if you describe her, I'll keep an eye out for her. I'm a private detective. I came to Silent Hill to find a missing person, only it seems that more than a few people have gone missing here."

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

OOC-Cole asked the little girl if she's seen Mary, not the guy on the phone.
"Well, I don't know if your aware but this town is pretty fucked up. In light of that, your looking for either a 6, or around 18 year old girl, with chestnut hair, pale skin and brown eyes. Oh, also she afraid of mirrors now or some shit." I say, not bothering to be quiet my anger. "Hey girlie, can you let go of me so we can get going?" I said, sounding somewhat annoyed. (after she answers my prompt about Mary.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The little girl doesn't respond to his question about Mary, apparently having thought he'd been talking to Murray. When he requests her to get off, she simply shivers and says, "But I'm scaaaared."

Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

"Oh whatever, you haven't seen a girl named Mary have you? And what the hell are you doing here anyway?" I ask the little girl, standing up and moving towards the door. Before he leaves though he speaks back into the phone "Listen, if you get any info on Mary contact me, I'll make it worth your while. I'm gonna head to the carnival after I'm done searching this building, so try to get a hold of me."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Only static meets his words over the phone.

The little girl wraps her legs about his hips, clinging to him like a koala, as he rises. "C-carnival?" she murmurs.

Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

"Yeah, my sister wanted to go to one when she was little so if she's not here I'm gonna go look there. This place is the only lead I have on her so if I don't find something here I have no idea where else to start looking." He says in a tired voice, for the first time fully realizing how bad it would be if he didn't find anything here. "So what the hell are you doing here? And have you seen Mary or not?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

She shook her head. "N-no." She took in a shuddering breath. "D-doctor's keep n-notes on their patients, don't they?"

Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

"Yeah, that's why I'm searching this building; and on that note, let's get going." I say, dropping into a crouch and resuming my sweep, starting with the rooms on this floor I haven't checked yet.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4048928/ Sneak success 39
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The little girl finally releases him, allowing him to stealth, but her movements aren't nearly as stealthy as she walks along behind him. Luckily she's a small child and therefore naturally doesn't make a lot of noise as she walks. The bloodstained footprints leading to the door to the next corridor is likely a good path to follow. Otherwise there are a few other floors.

"Aren't you scared?" asked the little girl as he made his decision.

Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

"I'm not afraid of anything." I reply instantly and habitually. Shit do I even believe that anymore? I think to myself with slight amusement as I follow the footprints.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The door opens this time and allows entrance into a hallway with a number of cell doors lining both sides. The bloody footsteps lead down to the door at the very end. The cells themselves have small windows with little bars in place and there seems to be movement coming from inside each one, a scraping sound, like feet being dragged, or the slapping of meat against stone, or the dripping of fluids. There is no light down here, except from his flashlight, though he could peek in each room to continue his search, or he could avoid looking and continue on his way.

Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

"Close your eyes kid." I say, then without waiting to see if she does so, I begin scanning the cells one at a time with the flashlight, taking a deep breath to brace myself for what I might see.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The air seems warmer as he approaches the gaps in the doors, thick and clammy like a slap across the face, and as he raises his flashlight to probe into the darkness he has a sensation of peering into someone else's most private moments. There's a scuffle of shadows, like someone avoiding the light, and a startled whimper in this cell. The next one sounds like flesh beating against itself with a slightly slick sound reminiscent of sex yet when his flashlight pierces the shadows he sees little. Perhaps if he went in closer.... Perhaps there is something toward the floor that he can't see this angle. The next cells reveal little at this angle until he reaches the last one where he can make out the body of a patient whose torso is at head heigh, whose arms lay slack at his sides, moving slightly with the creaking of rope.

Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

"Hey, are you a patient here, do you know where they keep the tapes?" I ask the giant, not expecting much but figuring it was worth a try.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Silence.

Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

"Oh whatever" I mutter out, and continue searching in the direction of the footprints.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The footprints go all the way to the end of the corridor to Cell M6. It looks like a mattress has been leaned against the door and pressed up against it from the inside, preventing him from looking inside through the eye slit.

Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

Should I even bother, it's probably just gonna be another freaky ass monster. But then again it also might be a half crazed resident who can tell me something about my sister. I think to myself. "Stand back kiddo." I say to the little girl as I heave the mattress out of the way with a slight groan.

Return to “Welcome to Silent Hill.”