Walter's Journey: Charred

A resort town in cheery America is a major holiday destination that sits upon the shores of the beautiful Lake Toluca. It's a fun and fantastic location with plenty to see and do whether as one of our many wonderful tourists or as brand new residents. Catch a film or theatrical production at Artaud Theatre then retire to Annie's Bar for drinks with friends. Check out the Lakeside Amusement Park and see the historical Lighthouse that is still in operation certain days of the year. Spend a romantic evening on the Observation Deck or an evening at Pete's Bowl-o-Rama. Or take a stroll through Rosewater Park.
There's lots to see and do and that's not even mentioning White Claudia, The Order, skinned dogs, alien geometries that occasionally warp the town, nor the psychologically-induced misery and torments that spring fully formed into existence while walking the merry streets.
Welcome!

Moderator: Laraqua

Seon
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Re: Walter's Journey: Charred

Post by Seon »

Walter pocketed the note, the ketchup, the health drink, and the notes. "I found it inside a person... who came back to life and tried to kill me... so...err... yeah, I guess I did see monsters. Who wrote this note, by the way?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

"You're not going to use the wet wipes?" asked the woman, looking suitably grossed out. "What are you saving them for? A more vomity day?"
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"Of course I'm going to use it," Walter said, picking up the box and using it to clean himself. "Listen, are you ever going to answer my questions, or..."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"I answer the questions that matter," said the woman. "What's in a name? What do they mean? Nothing. You could be a Damien or a Roger or a Jack. I could be a Susan or a Claudia or a Monique. They're just words. Random conglomerations of syllables that taste nice or nasty on the tongue. It really doesn't matter what syllables you assign to me. I am me and I am unchanged by whether your designation for me begins with an S or an L. As for the note, you ask it too broadly. You already suspect who wrote the note and yet you make no assumptions verbally, only mentally, and in that way you are being deceitful and sly. I choose not to answer deceitful and sly questions. Are you coming?"

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Laraqua wrote:"I answer the questions that matter," said the woman. "What's in a name? What do they mean? Nothing. You could be a Damien or a Roger or a Jack. I could be a Susan or a Claudia or a Monique. They're just words. Random conglomerations of syllables that taste nice or nasty on the tongue. It really doesn't matter what syllables you assign to me. I am me and I am unchanged by whether your designation for me begins with an S or an L. As for the note, you ask it too broadly. You already suspect who wrote the note and yet you make no assumptions verbally, only mentally, and in that way you are being deceitful and sly. I choose not to answer deceitful and sly questions. Are you coming?"
"Umm..." Walter said. "Okay, I'll call you Wendy for right now... I'm coming."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"And I'll call you, Guss, so come along Guss," she said, holding her Desert Eagle in both hands, pointed downward. "Bring your axe along, Guss."

The glass door swings shut behind him as he steps out into the cool, moist air of Silent Hill. Somewhere in the distance, an air horn moans mournfully, likely from some boat upon the lake.

"If we could get to the docks, we could see if there's a boat there. That might be interesting. There's a dock out the back of the Lakeview Hotel."

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"The lake..." Walter wondered. "I don't actually know where this lady might be... So that place might be good ti start as any. Alright, let's go."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"If you see anything in the fog, try to keep up with me because I'm not going to slow down," she said as she starts down the middle of the road. "But be careful if you're running. The roads have holes in them. Deep holes. I don't know what happens if you fall into one. Perhaps you die ... perhaps you enter a worse part within this place. How could I know?" Then she holds up one hand and hesitates. "Listen." And she moves across to the side of the road quietly to duck down beside the boot of a car.

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Walter can hear something that sounds somewhat like a police radio crackling in the distance and coming ever closer. Wendy grabs him by the arm and pulls him around the kerb side of the car and motions for him to duck his head out of view as a car starts to trundle in from the fog. Red and blue lights split the fog occasionally. It is really a police car slowly driving by at around 4 miles an hour? As he crouches there he can hear voices in the static: "looking for ... brown hair ... armed and danger ... suspec ... arson at 5 Finney ..."

5 Finney Street? Wasn't that Alessa Gillespie's old place?

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"Armed and dangerous... Brown hair...Did you do that, Wendy?" Walter asked, looking into the fog after the police car.

"5 Finney street... Maybe we should go there."
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"Armed and dangerous... Brown hair...Did you do that, Wendy?" Walter asked, looking into the fog after the police car.

"5 Finney street... Maybe we should go there."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

She gives him a grave look. "That description could match either of us." She peeks over the bonnet. "It doesn't matter." She gazes in the direction the police car went. "They're not real." She gets up and heads on down the street towards Finney Street, scuttling across to hide behind the cars as she goes. "Nowhere's real."

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"That's actually really funny because I had a short discussion with a woman named Emily abou- yeah I should stop talking," Walter said.

"Who am I kidding... I should find Cecie. Lighthouse is close to the hotel, right?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Wendy turns to him, her fingers tightening around the butt of the Desert Eagle. "Cecie? Emily? Who are you talking about, Guss? Why the lighthouse?"

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"Oh, you see," Walter said. "A crazed woman hit me in the head with a bottle of hallucinogen, causing me to massively trip out. There was this woman named Emily, a librarian of this town: she's a fan of my books you see. I'm an author, by the way. Anyways, I asked her and a guy to take me to a hotel so that I don't die in the streets and so that I don't get caught by the policemen, who are bunch of bastards.

Anyways one thing led to the other and we found ourselves trapped in a burning hotel room with 20 different chain locks on the door, a box of condoms and other weird stuffs in the closet, bunch of cheetos, and a little girl called Katie who lost her mother, Cecie. I'm supposed to be looking for her, but then I met this guy named Vincent and then somehow I was with you."

Walter drew a breath.

"Yeah, that about covers it."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Why the lighthouse?" asked the woman, taking the rest of it in her stride.

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"Didn't you say that we are going to the docks? I lived in the town before so I think I remember that the Lighthouse and the hotel and the docks are close to each other," Walter said.

"At least, I think."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"So you're just going to chase everyone else's problems and neglect your own?" She shook her head wildly. "What's your problem, anyway? That kid ain't your own. Don't you have any loyalty?" She scoffs, shaking her head. "You're not the person I thought you were at all! Maybe you should just make your own way without me."

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

OOC: Ohhh yeah. I forgot about that too.

Return to “Welcome to Silent Hill.”