Lily Thompson's Journey: Deception

A resort town in cheery America is a major holiday destination that sits upon the shores of the beautiful Lake Toluca. It's a fun and fantastic location with plenty to see and do whether as one of our many wonderful tourists or as brand new residents. Catch a film or theatrical production at Artaud Theatre then retire to Annie's Bar for drinks with friends. Check out the Lakeside Amusement Park and see the historical Lighthouse that is still in operation certain days of the year. Spend a romantic evening on the Observation Deck or an evening at Pete's Bowl-o-Rama. Or take a stroll through Rosewater Park.
There's lots to see and do and that's not even mentioning White Claudia, The Order, skinned dogs, alien geometries that occasionally warp the town, nor the psychologically-induced misery and torments that spring fully formed into existence while walking the merry streets.
Welcome!

Moderator: Laraqua

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Re: Lily Thompson's Journey: Deception

Post by Laraqua »

"It could make all of the difference in the world," says Ash simply as she reclines against the railing. "So how old would she be now?"
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Garrett
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 10 months

Post by Garrett »

"I don't now..." I trail off. She was four years younger then me, how old am I? "...early twenties, late teens?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"What kind of things did she like to do? That might help you figure out where she'd be now."

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

"What the fuck are you talking about? If she really is here, she would be looking for me. Not drawing on the sidewalk and feeding crumbs to pigeons." Damn winged rats, why'd she ever like those stupid things? Why the hell am I thinking about this? "Just tell me the God damn password, maybe that'll tell us where she is." I say angrily, I don't think I've ever talked about this shit to anyone, certainly not some random suicidal stranger.
Last edited by Garrett on Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"If you don't think she's here, then why do you care about the password?" asks Ash quietly, firmly.

Cole has never met anyone who was so blaise toward his anger. His rage has always been a powerful thing, something that washed away issues and complaints, made people cross away, or frightened folk into throwing the first punch. People called the cops. They fled. They fought. They never ignored it. They never treated his anger like it wasn't even there. They never acted like his wrath were mere shadows against the wall that could be safely ignored like a child's temper tantrums.

"What was her name? Her full name?"

Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

"Mary, something, Brocco! Now drop the tone and tell me the password you FILTHY FUCKING WHORE!" I swear to God the second I get the password this girl better make with a sappy ass apology or I'm going to break every fucking bone in her body. I'll show her who's a brat! who she can ignore like their nothing!
OOC- Sorry I didn't mean to imply that Cole didn't believe Mary was here in that last post. Also should we switch threads since Kadel isn't here anymore?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"It hasn't been five minutes yet," says Ash gently. "We have to wait until I know that the poor woman you dragged up here is safe from you. Was she your girlfriend? You seem like the kind of guy who smacks his girlfriend around. I hope she's smart enough not to wait for you at the bottom of the steps."

Their words spiral down to Lily as she makes it to the last quarter of the stairs, already feeling a bit puffed as this is more exercise than she's used to

Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

"That kid wasn't my girlfriend, and for your information I've never hurt a woman I didn't have to." This was true, woman were easier to intimidate then men, I rarely had to torture them and I certainly didn't get the same sick satisfaction from it that I got from torturing men./i] "Let me explain this to you; I care about myself, I care about this book,-" I pause to brandish it. "-and I care about Mary, that's it. I'm not going to chase that woman down, because that woman is nobody to me. Now that I don't need Charles, I don't need her."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Have to?" scoffs Ash. "Why? Because your life was in danger? Or because they gave you an answer you didn't like? The flip side to that comment is that you hurt men even if you don't have to but just because you feel the urge to hear someone scream. At least women have to give you an excuse first. Men just need to exist." She snorts. "Have to! And I suppose that junkie had to shoot your sister.... You got something in common there."

Kadael
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Post by Kadael »

A slight shudder runs through Lily as she hears the word girlfriend. Less disturbing than when people assume it about her and Charles, but even so... ugh. That crazy bastard has all the wrong attributes.

But that's what you get for daring to be seen with anybody of the opposite sex, right? She scoffs, leaning against the wall briefly to catch her breath.
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Lily notices that amidst the graffitti is a comment about the Silent Hill Historical Society knowing everyone's secrets through wire taps and stalking people who want to listen and pay attention. The Historical Society were the ones who had put together that neat web-site which had made the town look so very intriguing. There was a prison here once that was still out on the lake, slowly deteriorating. An asylum that had been here for years. So many bits and pieces. They hadn't given all of the details on such places, however, all the juicy stuff was with held for the various ghost tours. Maybe she could go to a ghost tour over there?

Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

Kristabella mentioned the Historical Society. Somebody named Anderson. She remembers the photograph, a bit.

It sounds like as good a place to go as any. Ghost tours sound a bit hokey, like Halloween haunted houses or little 'spectral' orbs in photos... but this is Silent Hill. She's read things about the town's past that made even her skin crawl. Sounds like a good time.

She allows herself a smile. Wiretapping and stalking. Some people will believe anything.

And with that, she keeps on going.
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

"In answer to your questions about what 'have to' means, both; in answer to your first remark, I don't hurt men for no reason either;-" My eyes practically go bloodshot with rage, my voice wavers as it speaks. ", and in answer to your last remark, all that junkie had to do was get away from that crumbling bridge my sister and I called home, he shot her because he was a pathetic, subhuman, parasite who thought he could intimidate two fucking kids! DO NOT, COMPARE ME, TO HIM!"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"She's probably had long enough," whispers Ash. "With this fog...." She hops down off the railing and quirks her head to one side as she turned to lean her elbows against the rails, running a hand through her gorgeous locks. In this state it would be hard for her to jump before he reached her. "The password is katieneedsme. Katie with an i and an e. No caps. All one word. She changed it to that afterwards. Beforehand it was enigmatic64, no caps, all one word. No idea why she had that password. I'd suggest trying both."
Show,please return to your own thread as Lily is exiting this one.

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Lily reaches the door to the entrance of the lighthouse and cracks it open. Outside is the swirl of fog and a strange trio of lights dancing out somewhere beyond the jetty. There's a silhouette there as well. Some kind of ship, maybe? It looks low to the water. Perhaps some kind of ghost ship that sails only when the fog falls. There was some kind of story about that, she was sure of it.

Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

Lily thinks of going to the water, of following the lights that pierce the fog. Her skirt brushes the ground as she steps toward the ambiguous shape.

The Historical Society can wait, really. She's not even sure where it is.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Lily follows the jetty slowly but surely. Its more rickety than she remembers it. In a greater state of disrepair. She has to pick her way along. The jetty veers right for awhile and then there is a longer stretch that heads away from the beach. She can already hear the strains of jazz music and the clinking of glasses. It sure is one heck of a celebration. There's a letter fluttering between the planks just to the right of her.

Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

She can't remember the last time she went to a party. The gatherings her brother holds are undeserving of the title. Maybe she'll crash this one.

Lily bends to pick the letter up, her fingers twitching around everything else in her hands.
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"Oh hi," Jack said.

"You are the girl I almost fileted. Say, what's a girl like you doing out here alone? Any monster can pop out of the dark. With that dress, you can't even run. And you'll catch your death in the cold too."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

You hear him almost before you see him and as your gaze flicks up from the letter you see the man almost materialise out of the fog.

Return to “Welcome to Silent Hill.”