CHAPTER TWO: Jack's Journey: Admissions

A resort town in cheery America is a major holiday destination that sits upon the shores of the beautiful Lake Toluca. It's a fun and fantastic location with plenty to see and do whether as one of our many wonderful tourists or as brand new residents. Catch a film or theatrical production at Artaud Theatre then retire to Annie's Bar for drinks with friends. Check out the Lakeside Amusement Park and see the historical Lighthouse that is still in operation certain days of the year. Spend a romantic evening on the Observation Deck or an evening at Pete's Bowl-o-Rama. Or take a stroll through Rosewater Park.
There's lots to see and do and that's not even mentioning White Claudia, The Order, skinned dogs, alien geometries that occasionally warp the town, nor the psychologically-induced misery and torments that spring fully formed into existence while walking the merry streets.
Welcome!

Moderator: Laraqua

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Re: Jack's Journey: Admissions

Post by Laraqua »

The lines all seem to point toward the town hall and some secrets to do with the councillors, especially the lovely councillor he's already picked out, whose address is highlighted in yellow highlighter in the phone book. There's also some articles and advertisements about lake tours on the Indian Runner that seems like another clue that could be followed, and a few other articles on possible police corruption.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Seon
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Post by Seon »

"Town Hall it is then," Jack muttered, stuffing the Councillor's address, Indian Runner articles, and Police Corruption article into his pocket. He left the room. It was high time to get out of here. Time was awasting.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The kitten mewls piteously at him as he goes to leave. It raises one paw, cautiously feeling at the age with its paw pad.

There was something about that cat....

What was it?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"What do you want, you little devil," Jack muttered, picking up the kitten. "Are you trying to kill me? HEY, you wouldn't be spirit of Cecie come back to haunt me, right? Or some ferocious beast trying to maul me?"

He stared into the kitten's eyes.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The kitten yawns and swipes playfully at the air, its head pulled back slightly in the way that kittens do whenever a giant's face is placed so close to them.

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"No," Jack said. "You are a spy sent to bring me down, I can sense it."

He clutched the kitten's neck and... Just placed the little thing inside his pocket.

"But you are cute, so why do I care?"

He hummed a little song as he left the room.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The kitten curled up in his pocket and purred out its pleasure loudly but, as he pulled open the door, the kitten's purr turned to a low growl.

As Jack heads down the corridor toward the rear exit, he notes a bloody smear striping its way down the corridor toward the direction Murray went, coming from the theatre doors.

The rear exit, itself, which leads to an ante-chamber with the green room, is jammed.

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Jack pulled out the shotgun, walked over to the theatre doors; and pushed it open with his shoulder.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Jack opened the door into the back stage, passed the bood smear that comes from the following door, heads through that onto the stage area. There's a spatter on the back of the giant white curtain (currently covered with a black and white imagery projected on it from the other side). He could head around the gaps in the cinema screen (hidden by black curtains on the other side) or head through the door to the right.
Show,Listen check.

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Sirens sing in Jack's head, drawing his attention inexplicably toward the rear doors from where he can hear the vague click of tumblers turning, unlocking to allow his passage. There is someone ... nearing. Someone important. They aren't coming here, however. They're coming ... home. They need a ... a drink. He's needed. His shift is about to start.

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

He had to hurry.

He ran out of the theatre out of the nearest exit and ran down the street towards... Home...
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Re: CHAPTER TWO: Jack's Journey: Admissions

Post by Laraqua »

Jack slinks off into the fog from his conversations with Lily and the bizarre nurse he can't remember.

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Jack stroke the kitten's fur as he walked aimlessly down the road. "And then she tells me: 'you cultureless maniac, you can't even distinguish between Chanel and Gucci.' I was insulted, duh! Of course I can tell the difference between Chanel and Gucci. I just can't tell the difference between Gucci and Hermes."

He sighed. "Women are crazy, don't you agree you little rascal?"
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Jack stroke the kitten's fur as he walked aimlessly down the road. "And then she tells me: 'you cultureless maniac, you can't even distinguish between Chanel and Gucci.' I was insulted, duh! Of course I can tell the difference between Chanel and Gucci. I just can't tell the difference between Gucci and Hermes."

He sighed. "Women are crazy, don't you agree you little rascal?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The kitten meows sweetly.

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"Glad that you agree," Jack nodded. "Do you think the nurse ate the flower girl yet? Maybe we should go back and have a piece ourselves."

The kitten meowed.

"Yeah, didn't think so," Jack said. "We should go fishing. Maybe we can find a fishing rod in the garage."

He walked towards the Lighthouse, the swirly lights yonder.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The fog thickens and swirls around him and within moments the sounds of his footsteps move from asphalt to wooden planks and he is striding out onto the intersection where the jetty heads straight ahead toward some sort of vessel riding low in the water and left toward the lighthouse itself. He can hear the sounds of merriment and glasses clinking coming from the vessel. There is some sort of celebration occurring on that vessel. It sounds enjoyable. There are even the strains of jazz music billowing across the fog-shrouded water. Three lights blink along its length. Above and to the left lies the lighthouse but there is no light there now.

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"A boat. An actual freaking boat. And it's next to the light house."

Jack sighed. He'll be back for it later. He let the kitten out of his pocket, placing it on the ground. He pointed towards the boat.

"Food there, and people," he said. "Go." He suspected it was not real, but he was not either and anything that awaited him up the tower wouldn't be any more pleasant.

He began to walk towards the lighthouse.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The kitten sniffs at the air and then follows him, seeming to prefer more solid apparitions. As they walk, a familiar sight coalesces out of the fog. A young woman bent over and picking up a letter.

It's Lily.
Show,post briefly in her thread and then come back here if you're going to keep going.

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Jack began to jog once Lily was out of sight. He felt much lighter without the coat.

Return to “Welcome to Silent Hill.”