OOC Chit-Chat

A resort town in cheery America is a major holiday destination that sits upon the shores of the beautiful Lake Toluca. It's a fun and fantastic location with plenty to see and do whether as one of our many wonderful tourists or as brand new residents. Catch a film or theatrical production at Artaud Theatre then retire to Annie's Bar for drinks with friends. Check out the Lakeside Amusement Park and see the historical Lighthouse that is still in operation certain days of the year. Spend a romantic evening on the Observation Deck or an evening at Pete's Bowl-o-Rama. Or take a stroll through Rosewater Park.
There's lots to see and do and that's not even mentioning White Claudia, The Order, skinned dogs, alien geometries that occasionally warp the town, nor the psychologically-induced misery and torments that spring fully formed into existence while walking the merry streets.
Welcome!

Moderator: Laraqua

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Re: OOC Chit-Chat

Post by Laraqua »

What'd you apply for?
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
WilliamLandressy
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by WilliamLandressy »

A side note. I lived in Glasgow, Scotland last year and remember walking past a building so creepy looking in deserves to be in Silent Hill games.
After some web browsing I finaly found it to show to you guys.
It's called the Bellgrove Hotel and on a dark and gloomy day the site of it sent shivers up my spine. Didn't help that I had to walk past it to get to get to work. :(

Hope you liked the random diversion.
The Ocean is more ancient than the Mountains, and freighted with the memories and dreams of Time. -- Howard Philips Lovecraft
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

hehe, I see why. The red dead neon name at the front is super creepy on its own.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
WilliamLandressy
Initiate
Initiate

Glad you liked it. I have another real life Silent Hill curio to show but first I have to trawl through my unsorted bookmarks to find it.
Wish me luck.
The Ocean is more ancient than the Mountains, and freighted with the memories and dreams of Time. -- Howard Philips Lovecraft
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Post by Kadael »

Hey! Hey, Kadael! Quit obsessing over your clerics and get back to Play@YSDC!

But my clerics are soooo coooool...

They're second and third level. Not that cool yet.

But they're GOING to be really cool!

You know who else is cool? Lily. Quit leaving her to languish in the arms of someone she doesn't appreciate!

Oh, yeah. Hi, Lily! My third-level cleric is kind of like you!

@Seon: College applications are the worst, ugh. Best of luck!

...The absence isn't all cleric-related. I've been dealing with all these insurance people since I got hit. It's a terribly soul-sucking affair.
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
WilliamLandressy
Initiate
Initiate

Hey Kadael, hope the insurance mallarkey runs as smooth as possible. Sorting that out can be a nightmare! :(
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Good to see you back. Sucks to hear you have insurance issues. That can be a stress and a half.

WilliamLandressy
Initiate
Initiate

Oh dear, please don't let that pale woman in the ballroom be Cecilia. :o Having read her story to the end it'll be really creepy for Alex to come face to face with her. Then again that's the feel we're going for a guess...
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

Lily, you are a bad protagonist. Always check the pockets.
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
WilliamLandressy
Initiate
Initiate

Knowing Jack there could be all sorts of odd stuff in those pockets, like some grizzly lucky dip or pick'n'mix.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I've got so much stuff in my pockets, I'm sure I've forgotten half of what's in there. I think I've got a half-eaten, year old bag of Cheetos somewhere."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

Trenchcoats of Holding! Perfect for carrying errant journal entries, tins of nasty fish oil, and your trusty umbrella! Not a broom, though.

And Cheetos, even if they turn your Trenchcoat of Holding orange.
WilliamLandressy
Initiate
Initiate

This reminds me of the Broken Sword series of point and click games. In the second one I'm sure I recall George Stobart putting a theadolite (tri-pod and all) into his pair of holiday shorts. Ah nostalgia.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I was just thinking about that, though it was the sewer key in the first (and third) game that occurred to me. The theodolite is an even more extreme example. I've been playing through the Broken Sword series recently. Tonight I just finished the third game and started on the fourth. I've played the first three games before, but it's been so long since I played them last that I hardly remember anything, and it's like playing them again for the first time. Plus, I'd never played the revamped versions of the first two games before. This is the first time I've ever played the fourth game. I'm playing them in anticipation of the fifth Broken Sword game's release this summer; I backed it on Kickstarter last year.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
WilliamLandressy
Initiate
Initiate

If it could be done right I would love to see that series (or at least the first game) as a film. George Stobart is a brilliant protagonist.
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Trying to motivate myself to write, but college applications have drained me of my life and the senior slump is starting to kick in.

I'm going to cosplay as a fanatical flagellant and see if that helps.
WilliamLandressy
Initiate
Initiate

Ah cosplay, the cure for so many ills. :D
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

Really now? Sounds like fun. I'll be cosplaying a fabulous femme fashionista in about a month.

I need to get my hair to defy gravity.
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Well never mind that since I just got accepted into my first choice college :P
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Ooooh....
Congratulations!

Return to “Welcome to Silent Hill.”