OOC Chit-Chat

A resort town in cheery America is a major holiday destination that sits upon the shores of the beautiful Lake Toluca. It's a fun and fantastic location with plenty to see and do whether as one of our many wonderful tourists or as brand new residents. Catch a film or theatrical production at Artaud Theatre then retire to Annie's Bar for drinks with friends. Check out the Lakeside Amusement Park and see the historical Lighthouse that is still in operation certain days of the year. Spend a romantic evening on the Observation Deck or an evening at Pete's Bowl-o-Rama. Or take a stroll through Rosewater Park.
There's lots to see and do and that's not even mentioning White Claudia, The Order, skinned dogs, alien geometries that occasionally warp the town, nor the psychologically-induced misery and torments that spring fully formed into existence while walking the merry streets.
Welcome!

Moderator: Laraqua

WilliamLandressy
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Re: OOC Chit-Chat

Post by WilliamLandressy »

I've only played some of Silent Hill 2 and will complete it some day, it certainly looks the best of the franchise but then again what I played of 'The Room' wasn't bad.

Fatal Frame (Project Zero) is a series I hold in high regard, so much so that despite the possible nightmares that may ensue I am at this moment planning to get all three PS2 games after Christmas. Elder Gods help me!

As for the Resident Evil games I personaly only had fun with 5 due to the co-op feature, otherwise I was dissapointed. Resi 6 also was very dissapointing and I'm trading it in asap. 1 through 4 are great and Code Veronica X is surposed to be really good, but the recent offerings by Capcom have left me with a bad taste in my mouth. I think Resident Evil, as an IP, has well and truely jumped the shark.
The Ocean is more ancient than the Mountains, and freighted with the memories and dreams of Time. -- Howard Philips Lovecraft
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

Yeah, I loved 4 for its simplicity and the fact that it captured the same sort of fun feeling that Castlevania 64 captured. Was it scary or even very horrific? No. But it played around with gothic fears and intriguingly horrific set pieces enough to be enjoyable.

The game I'm most disappointed with is Amy.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
WilliamLandressy
Initiate
Initiate

Is that the XBLA title set in a weird zombie apocolypse?
The Ocean is more ancient than the Mountains, and freighted with the memories and dreams of Time. -- Howard Philips Lovecraft
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Post by Kadael »

/creeps in, like a fog

So I kept meaning to post with this handsome fellow who's into Verolily, but then there was all of this work, and weird interpersonal shit happened, and there was a Pathfinder game, and also another Pathfinder game, and then two days ago I got hit by a car. :shock:

Fortunately, I wasn't seriously injured and have been recovering well. Conveniently timed with my winter vacation, too.

Horror games? Horror games. I am crazy in love with Anchorhead. That game stuck with me for months. Got a bit scared at the grocery store when I saw someone whose eyes were a little red. I pester one of my friends about playing it, asking him if he's died yet, but he hasn't got time.

I recently bought Pathologic, a little-known game from Russia with incoherent, surreal English translations. It isn't fun. It has mastered making you feel the way your character does, which is to say that you'll feel exhausted, drained, desperate, cynical, and horrified. If you don't mind spoilers, you should read the Pathologistics LP.
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome back, Kadael! I'm glad you're doing better.

Thanks for the link to the IF database! There are a lot of classic games on there, many of which I don't have. I don't know when I'll have the chance to play them, but I have the site bookmarked now. I've heard great things about Anchorhead but have yet to play it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Yeah, I'm halfway through Pathologic and you're totally right. Very immersive. I liked the strange dialogue though apparently that was unintentional on the developers part and is the fault of the interpreters.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
WilliamLandressy
Initiate
Initiate

Glad to see your back and doing ok Kadael, I look forward to exploring (and mabye even surviving) Silent Hill with you. :)

What I've seen of Pathologic looks very interesting but I very rarely play PC only games, which limits my playing of Anchorhead also. Perhaps when get a new computer/laptop I'll have the chance to play these classics of horror and weird fiction.
Punumbra and Amnesia are the two I'm most looking forward to playing I must say.
WilliamLandressy
Initiate
Initiate

Appologies for the double post, just wanted to wish everyone here a Merry Christmas and I hope a great New Year follows. :D
Happy Holidays!
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

Yes, everyone should click the first link in Laraqua's signature and have a (belated) scary scary scary scary solstice.
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Enjoy the link!

Y'know, a good thing Lily didn't have to find what Cole found. Cole has at least dealt with the dead before - though normally far more fresh than that.

I can only imagine what Jack would say if he came up behind him....

WilliamLandressy
Initiate
Initiate

I don't think even Jack would know what he'd say, then again with his wide grin and his nack for getting covered in blood the sight alone would be enough.
Super Jackalope.

Btw Laraqua, I'm most of the way through Silent Hill 2 now and your sentient paddle steamer couldn't have come at a better time. I've just made it to the Lakeview Hotel and I know about the boats that have been taken by Lake Toluca. Me thinks Alex will forever regret the decision to board this ship, then again forever may not be that long considering...
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

|The benefit of Silent Hill is that it doesn't make you suffer too long ... then again, perhaps that rotting woman Cole discovered is still alive, trapped within the meat....

WilliamLandressy
Initiate
Initiate

Hehe, the song 'Living Dead Girl' springs to mind. I wouldnt be the first to put my fingers in her mouth I'll you that!
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Even for some shiny new keys?

Well, possibly not so shiny now.

More gunky.

WilliamLandressy
Initiate
Initiate

Decomposition and puss tends to do that to keys, is why I keep mind in a bowl now. :D
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Finally done with college stuff-dies.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Oh yeah, what'd you study?

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

I was trying to apply to one. People said it was kinda important.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Ah, okay. And you didn't get in? That sucks.

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Well Ithe results don't come back till March and I'vs applied to 9, so I hope I do get into at least 1 :p

Return to “Welcome to Silent Hill.”