OOC Chit-Chat

A resort town in cheery America is a major holiday destination that sits upon the shores of the beautiful Lake Toluca. It's a fun and fantastic location with plenty to see and do whether as one of our many wonderful tourists or as brand new residents. Catch a film or theatrical production at Artaud Theatre then retire to Annie's Bar for drinks with friends. Check out the Lakeside Amusement Park and see the historical Lighthouse that is still in operation certain days of the year. Spend a romantic evening on the Observation Deck or an evening at Pete's Bowl-o-Rama. Or take a stroll through Rosewater Park.
There's lots to see and do and that's not even mentioning White Claudia, The Order, skinned dogs, alien geometries that occasionally warp the town, nor the psychologically-induced misery and torments that spring fully formed into existence while walking the merry streets.
Welcome!

Moderator: Laraqua

Kadael
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Re: OOC Chit-Chat

Post by Kadael »

Jack be crazy...

Does this make Murray Batman?

Craig! To the NOIRMOBILE!
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Guess who Kadael just received a friend request from.
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

Guess who just accepted.

I discovered the danger of leaving your thoughts unfinished today. I'm trying my hand at writing a scenario, left a sentence half-completed, and... "Being unable to WHAT WAS I TYPING HERE?"
Last edited by Kadael on Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Kadael wrote:Jack be crazy...

Does this make Murray Batman?

Craig! To the NOIRMOBILE!
The Joker needs Batman just as much as Batman needs the Joker.

I'm actually watching Batman right now (the live action Adam West/Burt Ward version from the 1960s). I just discovered tonight that it was on. It's been years since I've seen it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Funny thing is that I don't actually know if anything Jack says is true and I don't care either.
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

Has Jack just officially gone and jumped off the slippery slope of crazy?
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Mr. Handy wrote: The Joker needs Batman just as much as Batman needs the Joker.
And you people wonder why I don't kill you.
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

Had a dream last night. Jack was in prison, being interrogated by Murray, although Jack was not in view of the dream's camera. It was all in grayscale except for the pale pink of Murray's Care Bear costume.

Yeah.

He wasn't even really wearing it. It was just draped over his front, like a reverse cape, and there was no head. At this point, my mother enters the dream, as though it was a TV show and she was watching it with me.

Mom: Is he a flying superhero?

Me: No. He's a Care Bear.

Mom: But he's a noir detective.

Me: Yes, but he is also a Care Bear.

That's all I remember of the part related to this game.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Awesome dream! :lol:

I always dream in color, but I heard a long time ago that the vast majority of people dream in black and white. Until then, I had assumed that everyone dreams in color because I do.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

I dream in color too. The only black-and-white dreams I've had were this one (which doesn't really count, because the Care Bear costume was colored), and a dream about a music video. I assume that one was stylistic.

Maybe Murray was grayscale because his photo is. The rest of the dream (in which I fought zombies with books) was in color.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Wow, that dream keeps getting cooler! I can't remember ever having a zombie dream. It makes sense that Murray would be in black and white, especially considering his fixation on the 1940s and his photo.

I did have a dream a few years back inspired by one of Laraqua's other games, Ash. I dreamed that I was Dr. Lionel Carpenter, one of the characters I play in that game. In the game, he had gone back in time to 1941. In my dream, he had remained in the 1940s for years, and I remember visiting an English country estate as him. That dream was in color as usual, though.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

I've had many zombie dreams.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

I read the last post in Murray's thread with my brother looking over my shoulder. He had the expression on his face that I imagine Jack had while Sergeant Wilkins was giving him the game show spiel.

"It makes sense in context," I said.
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Sorry, was gone for a while. Should be able to get back on track this weekend.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

It's all good. It happens to everyone.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

Jeez, Kevin, give the charred flesh-things some privacy! What do you think you are, a chaperone?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Rude, isn't he? :D

I'm just waiting on Kadael's response to Walter before I post, just in case she changes her mind, or locks the door on him, or doesn't want to be left alone in a terrifying hotel with nothing but a little girl for protection.

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

You know I'm right, Murray, Craig's evil as he comes.

I CAN SENSE IT WITHIN HIM.
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Kadael was going medieval on my ass with a giant stick yesterday. It was very awkward.

So I slapped her in the ass, except I was wearing this.

What stick? A metal bat of course. What did you think I was talking about?

Return to “Welcome to Silent Hill.”