OOC Chit-Chat

A resort town in cheery America is a major holiday destination that sits upon the shores of the beautiful Lake Toluca. It's a fun and fantastic location with plenty to see and do whether as one of our many wonderful tourists or as brand new residents. Catch a film or theatrical production at Artaud Theatre then retire to Annie's Bar for drinks with friends. Check out the Lakeside Amusement Park and see the historical Lighthouse that is still in operation certain days of the year. Spend a romantic evening on the Observation Deck or an evening at Pete's Bowl-o-Rama. Or take a stroll through Rosewater Park.
There's lots to see and do and that's not even mentioning White Claudia, The Order, skinned dogs, alien geometries that occasionally warp the town, nor the psychologically-induced misery and torments that spring fully formed into existence while walking the merry streets.
Welcome!

Moderator: Laraqua

Kadael
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Re: OOC Chit-Chat

Post by Kadael »

At least I have chicken.
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

I'm paying Jack back for all of his previously good rolls!

And curse that Rochelle! She's not even Annie.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

Re the OH&S: it's the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, or OSHA, over here.
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

I'll navigate by the muzzle flashes of my shotgun if I have to!
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Invisible Castle Loves Bartenders, apparently.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

It really does!

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Damn, I knew I should have taken some levels in Tracking.
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Yes, big killer. Ambush the guy holding a lighter and a Molotov Cocktail just waiting to be lit. I dare you :lol:
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Is that a dare, Mr. Seon? Because a burning zombie is just a charging torch!

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Interesting. I didn't actually expect to make it to the lock box without getting jumped.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

hehe, I'm not so easily predicted. Don't worry, the s**t will eventually hit the fan, but there is a purpose and a plan to everything in Silent Hill... Often the purpose is surprise and the plan is something truly horrific.

Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

That reminds me of when I ran The Haunting:
Spoiler:
One of the players set Corbitt's straw pallet on fire. I'd modified the scenario, so he took no damage from it. Corbitt on fire is a lot more dangerous.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Nicely done. And yes, yes, he would be. Kill it with fire is a good attempt a lot of the time, though. Silent Hill monsters *might* loathe fire more than anything else, depending on YOUR psychology. I imagine the Raw Shocks (not that I take that game as canon, it's more a reimagining of Silent Hill 1 than an accurate step beyond) wouldn't like fire much.

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

That reminds me of the time when I was trapped in a city suffering from a major outbreak of the zombie plague. There was a giant monster running about, tossing people here and there and smashing them flat. People lured it into a trap composed of a tripwire bomb and a bunch of gasoline cans. It lit the monster on fire, which did absolutely nothing except make it even more angry. Oh, and it set things on fire too now.

Which was fun for me because I was a stealth demon. I ate the people that the giant flaming monster scattered.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

A stealth demon? What system was this?

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Battle Royale, a system devised by some guys in a different forum. Far simpler and bloody, but with 100% more your-best-friend-turning-out-to-be-some-insane-evil-monster action.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

hehe, sweet!

Also, the bartender now has a kitten in his inventory. I'd like to see that inventory screen!

Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Post by Laine »

Laraqua wrote:hehe, I'm not so easily predicted. Don't worry, the s**t will eventually hit the fan, but there is a purpose and a plan to everything in Silent Hill... Often the purpose is surprise and the plan is something truly horrific.
I actually quite enjoy role playing my character in the more mundane, "real" Silent Hill(or at least I think it's the real Silent Hill". It gives me a good idea of the nature of the community, how it may just be like any other rural town in America(on the surface), suffering from job loss and such.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

hehe, that's good to hear. Some of you will be luckier than others. Cecilia is not so lucky! Neither is Jack.

Just be careful you don't trigger an ignition point. Then there's NO going back. I'll be littering the place with them so avoid them if you can!

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Rolled a 37, which means a hit, but what's the damage rule for a shotgun?

Return to “Welcome to Silent Hill.”