Cole's Journey: Lock & Key

A resort town in cheery America is a major holiday destination that sits upon the shores of the beautiful Lake Toluca. It's a fun and fantastic location with plenty to see and do whether as one of our many wonderful tourists or as brand new residents. Catch a film or theatrical production at Artaud Theatre then retire to Annie's Bar for drinks with friends. Check out the Lakeside Amusement Park and see the historical Lighthouse that is still in operation certain days of the year. Spend a romantic evening on the Observation Deck or an evening at Pete's Bowl-o-Rama. Or take a stroll through Rosewater Park.
There's lots to see and do and that's not even mentioning White Claudia, The Order, skinned dogs, alien geometries that occasionally warp the town, nor the psychologically-induced misery and torments that spring fully formed into existence while walking the merry streets.
Welcome!

Moderator: Laraqua

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Re: Cole's Journey: Lock & Key

Post by Laraqua »

Show,you would have brought one. Add it to your inventory. Going without a street map to a heist is a bad idea.
A quick check of the map and a little assistance from the man means that you quickly locate yourself on the north eastern edge of the map in Greenfield Apartments on Acadia Road. There's a Lutheran Church just to the west of this building. He can follow Acadia Road all the way down to the end where it would turn right onto Craig Street. Annie's Bar is along that road. It'd be annoying in that fog and risky with all of those monsters out there but certainly possible.

"Hey man, there's a pharmacy on Koontz street not far from here," says the stoner. "You could dart down there and get us some more water and painkillers for Momoko."

The radio is currently playing Mad World by Gary Jules.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Garrett
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 11 months

Post by Garrett »

I slam my combat knife down on the table in front of him. "She's your woman, go get'em yourself you miserable fuck! I have to get this computer's password!" I have to find Mary. I say before rushing outside and practically sprinting down the street to the bar.
OOC- You never told me what the flier and brochure said. Also can I take the bullets out of my destroyed gun, if not I double check that the tazer is still working before leaving my knife with the stoner.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Show,while you could potentially take the guns to pry out the rusted and dented bullets they wouldn't be of any use and would just cause your gun to explode.
The Lakeside Amusement Park flyer has a map of the park on the inside and information about the park on the outside:

Come and see the Lakeside Amusement Park in the Resort Area! It's a popular tourist attraction with key activities including a rollercoaster, a carousel, a ferris wheel, and other carnival rides and sideshows. Its a perfect accompaniment to your vacation if you're a tourist or to your family's weekend if you're a local family who want to do something enjoyable for themselves. Lakeside Amusement Park features many attractions.

1. Entrance
You can find a number of stalls that line the entrance that vary across the course of the year and includes fun and games, toys, and treats that can be purchased. There is always, of course, a chance to buy show bags and our lovely mascots here: Kathy the Kitty, Robbie the Rabbit, Huey the Horse and Dawn the Duck.

2. The Ride Of Your Life: Happy Carousel
This beautiful carousel of horses designed and painted by the artist, Otto Frahn, in 1922 and carefully maintained over the years by the Silent Hill Historical Society. This bright and shining carousel has seen many engagements, meetings of loved ones, and happy children. Come and bring your family along or take a look to see if you can find your beloved reflected in the mirror glass!

3. The Arcade
You can come find a number of different games here such as video games, pinball machines, and dance dance revolution! Win a prize. Test your skill.

Central: Swing Rocket
A carousel-type spaceship ride. In order for her to gain access to the east side of the park, Heather connects one end of a rusty chain to the center column of the ride and the other to a nearby gate. After turning on the ride, the chain wraps around the center column as it turns until the previously locked gate is pulled open. After this, the ride is no longer operational.

Right of Central: Fortune House.
Have a question of the fates? Lost touch with an old friend? Want to know where the love of your life is hiding? Come and cross this fortune teller's hand with silver to learn the truth through her crystal ball.

4. Crystal's Dreaming
A concession stand that sells frozen yogurt, ice cream, and candy floss.

5. Flamin' Hot Dogs
Do you like your hot dogs? You can get them here nice or spicy. How about cinnamon doughnuts? Fairy floss? Soft drinks? You can find it all here.

6. Cinderella Candy
There's a lot of treats and sweets that you can purchase here from boxes of chocolate to gift boxes to key chains and other take away items that will help you remember your trip here.

7. Tunnel of Love.
Come for a fun and romantic ride on swan boats through dark passages in pairs in this relaxing environment that encourages romance between couples.

8. Mountain Coaster
An ordinary roller coaster. Its control panel turns on as Heather is walking along its tracks, however, this is just a dream and Heather uses her new knowledge to turn off this roller coaster so that she isn't struck down by an oncoming ride.

9. Myths and Legends.
A medieval castle with dungeons and dragons that will be sure to thrill you. Come and learn about the medieval era in an enjoyable environment.

10. The Great Wheel
A Ferris wheel which has a view of the entire lake. What a fun ending to your visit to this wonderful Amusement Park.

11. Borley Haunted Mansion
Further east from the Crystal's Dreaming, not pictured on the map due to its inappropriateness for pregnant women and those who are of a weak heart is this haunted mansion. Children under the age of eight must be accompanied by an adult due to this mansion's scaaaariness.

Looking over this pamphlet makes Cole immediately think about where his sister would have liked to visit if she had come here back in the day. Where would that be? Which attractions would have attracted her?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

A Ferris-wheel, Mary would have loved that. She never asked me for anything but I saw the way her eyes would light up when we watched the dock carnival from afar. Should I head there? That's probably where she'd want to be if she was here. No don't be stupid, she'd be scared, she'd be looking for you; wouldn't she? I desperately search my mind for what to do, should I head to the carnival or look for those computer experts and try to open this laptop. "God dammit Mary where are you." I mutter out loud trying to figure out which way to go. As more of a guess then anything else Cole takes off running towards the carnival.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Show,luckily for him you have to pass by [b]Annie's Bar[/b] to get to the carnival. The Historical Society building is also further along the road past the carnival.
Silent Hill Historical Society Flier

No visit would be complete to Silent Hill without an examination of our local and rather colourful history. Managed by Frank Anderson, this historical museum can be found just off Nathan Avenue on the edge of South Vale.

This museum showcases photographs and artifacts of Silent Hill's historical past from its Native American origins to the prison colony and all the way up to today. Many photos hang on the walls of the museum, some of which show landmarks of the once-famous town. Some pieces also refer to the dark practices that have taken place within Silent Hill so if you wish to be amazed and horrified come and take a look at Silent Hill's ghostly past. Ghost tours start from the historical society at 11.00PM every Friday from the museum lobby for the low, low cost of $15.

You can also find a range of Silent Hill merchandise with a more vintage feel, including postcards printed by the local council in the early 1950s.

So come along to this wonderful little museum. Entry is just a single gold coin donation.

Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

I don't know how to reply to this, he stops by annies bar on the way to the carnival
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

As he pounds down the long pavement through the foggy streets, dodging around a crashed car that had met a shop front, and vaulting over a few cracks in the ground, Cole hears the sound of dogs barking not too far away. There'd been few enough encounters with guard dogs during his criminal career but each one had been decidedly unpleasant and full of risk. He can hear their heavy pants as they come rushing toward him.

Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

SHIT! I DONT HAVE TIME FOR THESE DAMN MUTTS! Calm down, your no good to Mary dead, slow down and avoid them, you won't be able to scare them off with an unloaded gun. I force myself to calm down, drop to a crouch, and silence my footsteps while still moving as fast as I can. There was one trick I knew for avoiding guard dogs; as I moved I lit the cigarettes I had, rubbing a few all over myself, then lighting and throwing the remainder in random directions to throw off their sense of smell.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3753659/ Success of 58 on sneak, if it matters.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Cole performs his tricks and crawls behind one of the parked cars. He can hear a snuffling sound coming from the road, followed by an eager yelp, and the sound of a couple sets of dogs racing past his hiding place. That was close. Beating off several dogs with a tazer and a knife was no one's idea of a good time. They seemed to have turned right. He should still be able to avoid them if he headed straight down this road.

Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

I release a shudder sigh of relief and continue heading for the bar, filled with a determination I hadn't known in decades.
OOC- He left his knife with the stoner, remember?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Spoiler:
Show, sorry, I forgot that you get to roll to increase your marked off skills!

Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

I don't suppose you were keeping track of what checks I earned? :oops:
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Yeah its the skills with a (+) beside them.

Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

I'm not sure where you want my roll urls so I'm just putting them here for now. You roll 2d6 for an improved skill right?
Climb success 46 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3763784/
it improves to 49
Jump fail 12
Listen fail 26
Locksmith success 97 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3763812/
it improves to 94 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3763793/
sweet,much needed sanity boost
Sneak fail 49
spot hidden fail 17
Tazer success 67 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3763817/
Improves to 54 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3763820/
Handgun fail 38
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Back from Lily's Journey (Chapter One).

"She's probably had long enough," whispers Ash. "With this fog...." She hops down off the railing and quirks her head to one side as she turned to lean her elbows against the rails, running a hand through her gorgeous locks. In this state it would be hard for her to jump before he reached her. "The password is katieneedsme. Katie with an i and an e. No caps. All one word. She changed it to that afterwards. Beforehand it was enigmatic64, no caps, all one word. No idea why she had that password. I'd suggest trying both."

Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

I flip the laptop open and quickly enter the password, hands shaking from excitement; excitement at finding Mary and that I'll finally be able to make that bitch shut up about me.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Ash is silent as he keys in the passwords. The first one works. Katieneedsme. Windows begins to load up.

He's in.

Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

I become so excited that I'll finally find where Mary is I almost forget all about this damn woman. I quickly search for anything that looks like it might help.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The desktop wallpaper is of a young girl holding up a puppy with a big grin on her face. It's obviously the girl from the photograph that he had found earlier. Was that woman in the photograph Cecilia? If so, perhaps this young girl is Katie. There is a folder on the starting screen that is titled Correspondance. Clicking on that reveals a number of files including one on a girl called Mary. Clicking on that one opens up a Microsoft Word document also titled Mary that has a poor resolution scanned photograph of a girl lying in a hospital bed with bandages wrapped around her head. She is clearly Mary.

---------------

Spoke to several doctors and therapists and tracked down the details. I might be so lucky....

Young girl was shot in another city and left for dead. She was found in a critical condition due to shock, nearly deceased, with a low heart rate and almost suspended breathing that convinced most medical personnel that she was dead. A visiting doctor doing the rounds during some wider training noticed her as she was brought into emergency and brought it to public attention. This doctor, Dr. Kauffman, took her under his wing and brought her to Alchemilla Hospital where she was given medical treatment despite her lack of health insurance. She underwent rehabilitative therapy but it couldn't treat her mind. The girl, presumed to be around 8 years old, hardly spoke although it became clear that she could understand speech.

After two years, she was transferred to Brookhaven Mental Institution to help her deal with traumas where she soon lapsed into a routine. At first she seemed to love mirrors and would stare at her own reflection for hours, stroking it affectionately, but over the years her loving treatment of mirrors turned to horror and later fear. She would shatter any mirrors she came across and react violently to their presence - real or implied.

There seems to be a connection to mirrors here.

I'm starting to think, maybe, I can find in a way to find Katie. If what I'm seeing in my dreams is right....

What am I saying? I know they're right. I can feel them. I can find her.

I have to get my hands on those transcripts but there's so many other cases to look into.

Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

Mary's alive, Mary's alive and I left her there on that filthy road because I couldn't bare to look at her 'corpse'. What the fuck kind of brother am I?! I think to myself trembling. Okay, focus. I need to get to her, I have to get her out of this place. More to myself then anyone else I say out loud "Where the hell is the brookhaven mental institution?" As I speak I pull out my map and quickly look around. Darting towards the building as soon as I have a location.

Return to “Welcome to Silent Hill.”