Page 1 of 1

Lily Thompson's Journey: Deception

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:59 am
by Laraqua

One of Silent Hill's famous fogs has settled over the town like a blanket, brushing the tips of the pine trees that sprout up around the slopes that surround them as Charles drives along the road at a snail's pace to keep from hitting any of the other cars that have yet to start coming down the other lane. Charles taps his gloved fingers against the steering wheel as he listens to Johnny Cash sing about a crown of thorns. The fog seems to thicken as they draw closer, until it's almost a shock to see the bright green sign that welcomes them into Silent Hill.

Her brother crooks a smile at the sign. "What a resort town ... foggy and desolate. Bet the hotels will all be run down as well. Only the best for my little sister." He quirks an eyebrow at her at the end of her line, obviously wryly amused by their current predicament.

Re: Lily Thompson's Journey: Deception

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:41 am
by Kadael
Lily has her eyes on the road, or what she can see of it. "It's perfect. I love it, Charles." Both her smile and her words ring hollow, though not for lack of enthusiasm.

She twiddles a pencil between two fingers, her hand hovering over a blank page in her sketchbook. It's a very real possibility that he'll turn the car around and make them go home - but he promised - if the place doesn't agree with him.

"Thank you so much for bringing me here. I'm inspired already, I just need to paint it, pencils won't do it justice..." She does have some half-formed vision in her head, but it's more an excuse than anything else. For once, Lily really doesn't want to paint - she's itching to get out and go somewhere and talk to somebody!

And get away from Charles. Without making him mad. Somehow.

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:31 am
by Laraqua
Charles sighs. "Always the same, aren't you? Well, looks like we might have much of the place to ourselves judging by this weather." He pulls over onto the Observation Deck and stares out through the foggy windshield as he pulls out a pack of cigarettes and lights one, filling the car's interior with billowing smoke. Somewhere, out there, a light sparkles brightly, winking in and out. "Huh, a lighthouse. That's one piercing glow to be seen even through daylit fog."

Something about the light resonates with her. It's like a siren call. A beacon of excitement. It's hard to describe her reasons but she knows that there's something calling her there. Some reason to bathe in that light or visit that place. Perhaps this is what she should paint. Or perhaps its the lighthouse tower herself.

"Well, it's your celebration, so if you want to wait here awhile and paint, that's up to you. Otherwise, we can check ourselves in to the hotel and then go take a look around town." He leans back in the car seat and stretches. "Nothing's too good for my sister."

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:05 am
by Kadael
Without a word, Lily unbuckles her seatbelt and scrambles out of the car to pop open the trunk. The suitcase that holds her art supplies is messier than she'd like, but her paints are all in order and it's easy enough to get her easel set up on the deck.

She selects a portrait-sized canvas and lays out an impromptu work area. Regrettably, she ends up putting most of her things on the ground, since she was stupid enough to leave her caddy at home.

Confident and inspired, Lily mixes her colors and begins.

The work is a disaster the moment she puts paint to canvas.

It's a squiggly mass of something. It was supposed to be a pillar of enthralling light. Everything here is such a distraction: the feeling of being outside, the urge to explore, even the subject itself. The lighthouse is just so pretty.

Maybe I can pass it off as modern art...?

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:38 am
by Laraqua
It's just not ready to be captured. She simply can't fully comprehend its symbolic meaning to her from this point. Without fully understanding what it means to her, how can she show the world its meaning? Sometimes, such things can be unveiled through the painting, through the artwork, but this one is still too much of a riddle for her to fully understand. It calls to her, sings to her, and such soundless noises resonating through her soul are deeply distracting.

Charlie puts his head out of the side window and glances at her painting. "Nice work, dear sister of mine, but it's worth getting a move on before the battery goes dead. C'mon, it's getting cold. Just you be careful not to get your wet painting all over my upholstery." Then he pulls his head in and winds up the window. It may be a luxury car but he's never trusted electric window winders.

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:53 am
by Kadael
"Coming." Turning her back to the car for a moment, Lily sticks out her tongue and rolls her eyes. She's going to need a shower once they get to the hotel.

She picks up her supplies and seriously considers kicking the painting as far as she can. Charles won't like that, though.

Once everything is in the bag again, she takes the canvas off the easel and gently lays it on the passenger seat. She folds the easel up, puts it in the trunk, and holds the painting in her lap when she gets back to her seat. "Don't worry, I'll be careful. Let's go."

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:59 am
by Laraqua
"Great," said Charlie. "It's not like I'll be driving very quickly in this fog." He twists the key in the ignition and there's not so much as a sputter from the engine. The interior lights are on. The heaters are on. The radio is on. But no sound from the engine. "Wait, that can't be right. The battery should still be okay." He switches off the radio and the heaters and tries again. Still no sound. He tries putting the heaters and radio back on but now they're not working either. He slams the palm of his hand against the dashboard. "Great! Just great! This is just what I needed."

He pulls out his smart phone and curses again, his jaw tightening and his eyes narrowing as an unspeakable rage slowly flows beneath the surface of his skin. "Can't get a signal. No internet access either. Goddamnit!" He shoots a glare her way. "Don't suppose you bothered to get down any details for the local mechanics?"

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:11 am
by Kadael
Lily's fingers tighten on the edges of the painting, and she shrinks back against the passenger side door. "No. I don't know. I'm sorry."

The only thing worse than his uncomfortable kindness is his anger.

She bites her lip and looks down at the ugly canvas. Stopping was a waste of time.

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:41 am
by Laraqua
"Damnit, I'm not about to hitch hike." He pops the bonnet, removes the keys from the ignition, and gets out of the car, heading around to the bonnet. He lifts the hood and starts staring at the engine, fists on his hips, as though his mere glare might startle the car into working. Then he checks the oil, the water, and all those others bits and pieces that he actually knows how to do. Then he circles the car, kicking a tyre here and there, as though that might cause the car to start. Then he makes a strange, strangled sound, slamming his fists through the air, before abruptly turning and walking off into the thick fog, following the low line of brick wall out of sight.

She's alone.

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:07 am
by Kadael
Well. Lily leans forward, looking at the wall of fog, but Charles is well and truly gone.

She should be excited. This is what she wanted! But right now, she's more scared than anything else. Even if the car was working, she wouldn't know a thing about driving it, and she has no idea how far she is from the town.

Leaning the painting against the seat, Lily unbuckles her seatbelt and hops out of the car.

Maybe he didn't go too far. He'll come back. He wouldn't leave her alone in the fog.

"Charles? Charles, you... forgot me..."

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:03 am
by Laraqua
Silence.

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:09 am
by Kadael
Lily takes a few tentative steps down the side of the road, then switches to a faster pace. Leaving the car there, all defenseless and unlocked, makes her nervous, but there's nothing she can do about that. Charles has the keys.

At least he can't blame her for wandering off. He left her. He wasn't watching her. It's his fault.

Yeah.

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:13 am
by Laraqua
Lily hurries across the asphalt of the observation deck to the footpath that follows the short wall that protects her from tumbling down the pine tree-covered slope. She can't bring all of her art equipment, which is a shame, but she can try to hop the wall or follow it left or right to its destination. That is the way to the lighthouse, and to Silent Hill, unless she wants to flee down the road that brought them here or cross the road and try to clamber up the slopes away from the town and to higher ground.

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:34 am
by Kadael
Lily heads toward Silent Hill, drawn to the pretty lighthouse. Who knows? Maybe there will be a mechanic close by.

She hopes the journey won't be too long. Her shoes weren't made for walking. Not that she does that a lot in the first place.

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:54 am
by Laraqua
Lily heads left at the wall and follows it along, her gaze taking in the crumbling brick, moist from the fog, until she reaches an old faded sign by a small gate and landing that leads down the slope in a long hiking trail. Alternatively, she could follow the low wall as it folds back toward the road and the immense underpass that she can vaguely make out through the fog. Of course, that's the direction Charlie went.

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:26 am
by Kadael
Go looking for her angry brother, whom she wanted to escape in the first place, or head down a lonely trail to an unknown destination? Decisions. Lily's heard that the devil you know is better than the devil you don't, but Charles is one hell of a devil.

The unintentional pun makes her smile a bit.

She narrows her eyes at the sign, trying to make out what's left of it. Regardless, she'll head down the trail.

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:46 am
by Laraqua
Lily still can't quite make out more than IKING TRAI on the smaller sign but she can read the big blue sign that says: TOLUCA LAKE in white writing. She can also catch a glimpse of her brother's silhouette moving back toward the car. She'd better hurry if she doesn't want to get caught while she can still feign innocence. She moves quickly down the concrete steps of the stairs down to where it joins a dirt path. Her shoes crunch pebbles as she hurries down the dirt path, flanked on one side by a steadily growing incline and on the other by a pine-covered slope. Vaguely, in the distance, she can still make out the lighthouse beacon through the pine tree's foliage and it seems to almost be taunting her, beckoning her.

"Lily!" her brother's voice, at once commanding and questioning, breaks through the otherwise near silence of rustling trees and crackling of animals moving across pine needles.

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:35 pm
by Kadael
Lily freezes like she's just been hit, her eyes going wide and her shoulders rigid. So Charles came back after all.

Running further into the trees is an option. So is going back to the car. If she plays her cards right, he'll believe that she just got scared.

The path is so inviting compared to her brother's disconcerting stare. I won't be told what to do anymore! It's a nice thought, one that sounds good and confident in her head.

But then she imagines his voice overpowering it all. Not every little sister has a brother to take care of them, and give them all they wanted. She thinks of the food, and the warm bed, and everything he's ever gotten her. And if he decides to take that all away, how long will she last?

Staring at the ground, Lily trudges up the concrete steps and drags her feet back to the car.

Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:17 am
by Laraqua
The whispering pine leaves seem almost to be mocking her as she makes her slow way back up the concrete stairs toward where her brother's silhouette looms beside the car. His shape is barely in sight before he comes hurrying toward her, but his gaze isn't heavy with rage, but twisted with fearful concern. He rushes up to her and grabs her by the upper arms, his grip tight but non-threatening, and he shakes her a little as he speaks, "You're all right? You're all right!" He stares slowly around him as though expecting to see someone else, then darts toward the boot of his car, dragging her by the wrist as he fumbles for the keys with his other hand.

Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:51 am
by Kadael
"Charles, what happened? Is there someone there?" Lily struggles to keep up, knowing that in his fervor, Charles won't hesitate to pull her by the hair if he has to.

He cares. It should be touching. She almost wishes he'd gotten mad instead.

Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:23 am
by Laraqua
Charles hushed her and opened the boot, pulling out a tyre iron before slamming the boot shut with the flat of his hand. "Can't go through the underpass. Have to go another way." He jerked on her arm, this way and that, as a way to get out the nervous energy summoned by his thoughts. "Right, we'll need to go down the slope ... the slope." He drags her along behind him toward the hiking trail. "Keep up," he hissed, when his grip forced her to follow him, and he jerked her closer to him, so close she can feel his breath against her neck when he turns to look back over his shoulder at the fog-shrouded road.

Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:50 am
by Kadael
I was just here, Lily almost says, but keeps her mouth shut.

Of course, that's not the only thing she'd like to say. Why do you have a tire iron? Why can't we go through the underpass? Slow down already! What's down this trail? Stop breathing on me! Thinking those things is entirely different from voicing them, though.

One of her lesser worries is what Charles is looking over his shoulder at. And the fact that she'll probably fall on her face if they keep going this fast.

Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:28 am
by Laraqua
Charles drags her down the concrete steps, letting her almost trip over them, until they reach the dirt path when he pauses for a moment and casts a wide-eyed stare back up the steps behind him. From somewhere out there comes a long, low sound that rises up into an eerie wail like an old air raid siren and as it does so, he pales and jerks at her arm. "C'mon!" He hurries down the dirt path at a near jog, forcing her to struggle to keep up.

Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:43 am
by Kadael
Something about that siren is frightening on a strange, primal level. It's a sound that fills her ears and chills her blood, and a feeling of helplessness invades her entire body. All Lily wants is to get away, and it leaves her stumbling after her brother in a pathetic attempt to match his pace.

Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:37 am
by Laraqua
"Whatever you do, stay with me," mutters Charles. "There's something ... someone up there. You don't want to know what he's done ... what he's...." There's a haunted look in her brother's eyes. "So stay with me and we'll get through this. We'll find ... the police ... or a mechanic or ... something."

He must be afraid to think of going to the police. He's always scoffed at their worthlessness before, hadn't he? Thought they were nothing but fools bumbling into honest men's businesses.

Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:46 am
by Kadael
Lily answers with a frantic nod. To see her brother so panicked... well, if she wasn't scared before...

Who could this person possibly be, to shake him do badly? What in the world could they have done? Charles is hardly ever afraid, especially not of just one man.

Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:39 am
by Laraqua
Charles turns on her suddenly and savagely, grabbing her tightly by the shoulders and shaking her slightly, his eyes flashing with sudden rage. "Has anyone been following us? Watching our house? Have you been talking to anyone online? How the hell would anyone know I was here?" He steps in closer, voice low, as though truly expecting that she would hold the answers.

Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:22 am
by Kadael
"I don't know, Charles, I don't know, please don't..." A weight drops into the pit of Lily's stomach as her entire body goes rigid.

They need to keep running. Why did he stop? Does he know? Is all of this her fault?

"I've been good, Charles, I really have! You know I have! Y-you're scaring me, please..."

Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:30 am
by Laraqua
"Right, right, of course, you wouldn't fuck with me, sis, would you?" He calms himself, breathing heavily, and reaches out to cup the side of her face, revealing the edging of elaborate black tattoos through the end of his shirt sleeve. "I can rely on you, and you can rely on me, because you know just how easy and good I make your life. You'd be nothing without me. Nothing." He glances around again. "Maybe it was just a coincidence.... Maybe it wasn't.... But that would be one hell of a coincidence."

"The underpass was blocked up with scaffolding. Damn time to make repairs, middle of tourist season. No one could arrange that ... not just for me. Not for that." He makes eye contact once more. "You'd better come along with me and stay with me. We speak to the police and you tell him that we've been together this entire time, yeah?"

Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:55 am
by Kadael
Lily slowly nods, her hands folding into fists as her shoulders slump. She closes her eyes, unable to blot out the feeling of his fingers on her face.

Don't touch me.

She takes a shallow breath and speaks with a voice so quiet, it's almost like an echo. "Yeah. I will. I'll tell them whatever you say."

Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:19 am
by Laraqua
As they continue along the path, a figure can be seen staring into a well by the side of the path. She has dark brown hair and rumpled clothing, and seems to be using the well to support herself on her weary legs, with a crimson wetly gleaming in the pale light of the sun.

"Hey, who's there?" demanded Charlie.
Show,enter Rochelle's thread. Also, bear in mind that her neck is bleeding quite a bit from a cut so that'll doubtless affect you when she turns around.

Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:29 am
by Laraqua
Lily approaches the mirror and examines her reflection as the door shuts gently behind her as Rochelle leaves her to it. Her reflections looks faded, almost haggard. She turns on the tap and the pipes rattle for a moment before a black glob spits out of the faucet and something rings out against the ceramic. Is that some sort of coin? It looks old. Nothing else comes out of the faucet. It seems like the water has been shut off. As her gaze returns to the reflection in the mirror, she sees a blurry silhouette behind her, a shadow of a figure too indistinct to be recognised as man or woman, crouched over the toilet as though weeping.

Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:11 pm
by Kadael
Ew.

Lily folds a loose bit of sleeve over her hand and picks up whatever came out of the faucet with it. The dress is ruined anyway. She'll just have to find the other restroom, and tell Rochelle her sink doesn't work.

When she sees the figure, she whirls around in shock. They weren't here when she came in - she would have noticed. Did they come in just now? She didn't hear the door...

Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:49 pm
by Laraqua
There's no one there.

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:01 am
by Kadael
Lily turns back to the mirror. She's obviously just being paranoid.

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:04 am
by Laraqua
The vague and blurry figure is obviously still sitting there in the mirror's reflection.

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:42 am
by Kadael
Lily leans in close, squinting to try and make out the blurry shadow. "Why can I only see you in the mirror?" she asks, a little too calm. "Are you a reverse vampire?"

The humor is only a defense. She's more than a little terrified, but interest wins out.

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:54 am
by Laraqua
The reflection remains as it is and, try as she might, she can't pick out any more details of the figure although she does suspect it might be a woman.

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:04 am
by Kadael
Taking a deep breath, Lily reaches up and pokes the mirror. It's worth a shot.

If nothing happens, like she kind of expects, she'll take a closer look at whatever she grabbed out of the sink.

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:15 am
by Laraqua
The glass feels cool to the touch and her body shivers for a moment, all the hairs on her arms and the back of her neck standing on end, and yet everything appears to be normal. Or at least, as normal as anything gets in Silent Hill. The reflection hasn't changed and neither has she. The shadowy silhouette is still there in the corner of the room. She's still holding what appears to be an old-fashioned coin from 1882.

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:13 am
by Kadael
"Well, uh, goodbye," Lily says to the figure. She keeps the coin clutched in her hand, wishing she had anything to carry it with - it'll make a nice addition to something, she's sure.

Despite the feeling that something isn't quite right, she leaves the bathroom anyway.

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:32 am
by Seon
It's dark outside. The feelings of warmth and the orange glow to the room is gone, replaced by the dampness of the mist. The door to the outside world was propped open, allowing the cool air of the outside to intermingle with the inside. The lights were turned off... And all the corners of the bar showed signs of decay similar to everywhere else.

Rochelle was gone. So was Charles. Disappeared, without a trace. Lily reaches for a light switch nex to her when she hears a voice.

No, it can't be.

"Ash. Ash, are you there?"

It's Jack. The passion and mocking tone in his voice was now completely gone... But it was still unmistakably him.

And he was in the bar with her.

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:50 pm
by Kadael
No. No, this isn't possible. Jack is dead - she saw his body. There's no way he could be here.

Then how is this happening?

The paralysis of fear grips her, stifling the instinct to get out and run. Charles is gone. He can't save her this time. The wound in her side starts to ache again.

"Please, please don't hurt me!" She doesn't have it in her to be defiant. "I'll do a-anything you say, j-just don't hurt me!"

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:11 pm
by Seon
Silence. Then footsteps.

Jack appeared round the corner with a perplexed look on his face. He was holding a small clip on radio.

"When did you get in here? Hurt you? Why would I do that?"

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:47 pm
by Kadael
She stares at him for a few seconds, wondering if she could be mistaken - no, it's impossible. "Don't act like you don't know! What did you do with my brother? And Rochelle?"

Her hands are shaking, the Death card nearly slipping from her fingers. "How are you alive?"

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:00 pm
by Seon
"Lady, how should I know what happened to your brother?" Jack said, scowling at Lily. "I just got here. And Rochelle, I'm pretty sure she took a sick leave. Are you mistaking me for someone else?"

"And as for that last question... If I'm dead, I can't be answering these questions now, can I?" Jack yawned before turning away back into the bar, digging around its cabinets for whatever supplies he could find. He left the radio on the counter, set on "receive."

"Hey, you, whoever you are, you want something to drink?"

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:27 pm
by Kadael
"Quit fucking around with me! What, do you have some evil twin named Jack who goes around stabbing people?" Lily returns his scowl, teeth bared not unlike a wild animal. "Because I really, really doubt that."

"You didn't just get here. No, you gave me this-" she walks up and slides the card across the bar to him - "and then you shot Charles. Don't pretend you don't remember, and tell me where they are!"

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:48 pm
by Seon
"Ah, I see where the difficulty is. I am Gregg, Jack's uncle," Jack said. "Nice to meet you. How's Jack doing? Still into Tarot Cards, I see. You can buy'em from any convenience store near by for five dollars."

Silence.

"HAHAHAHAHA! I'm just joking, I'm just joking. Yes, my name is Jack. Apparently you met me already. You say that I shot Charles? Oh my, is he your brother? Okay."

Jack turned his attention back to the radio.

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:05 am
by Kadael
"This isn't funny! Stop it!" Lily tries to reach over the bar and grab him by the shirt. "My brother's gone, Rochelle's gone, and you should be dead but you aren't and I want answers!" Tears sting at her eyes again; the fear is back, but it's different this time.

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:30 am
by Laraqua
The radio hisses a blast of static that punctures the sudden silence. Through the burble of static, slight sounds can be hurt, slowly increasing in frequency and volume. Sounds of a woman whimpering, or perhaps weeping. From outside the bar, Jack canhear shuffling footsteps approaching while Lily hears nothing over the static.

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:36 am
by Seon
"Everybody wants answers," Jack said. "Not everyone gets them."

Jack rose from his seat on the counter, grabbing the radio, and began to move towards the "Staff Only" area.

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:44 am
by Laraqua
The door opens easily into the empty corridor. There's a dried, flaking blood smear that leads into the kitchen but it's otherwise a clear route to the rear door, the office, or the staff toilet. Lily doesn't remember seeing a dried smear there before, though she hadn't been looking in the right direction when she'd headed into the pub she's sure she would've seen it on her way to the toilets themselves.

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:46 am
by Seon
Jack walked directly into the kitchen.

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:05 am
by Kadael
Lily rushes after him, questions about that stain taking root in her mind. "You can't do that! You can't just leave! You should be dead! Rochelle shot your head apart, I saw, I saw..."

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:12 am
by Laraqua
The kitten scampers past underfoot and climbs up Jack's pants and onto his shoulder, nipping at his ear as though furious for being left alone for so long. The kitchen is dark and gloomy, the shuttered windows keeping out the wan light from outside, and there seems to be no power to any of the light switches in this place. There's a rank smell in here though, of decay and meet and a rancid beer-tinged stink of old sweat and bad breath.

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:14 am
by Seon
Jack shut the door behind him and quickly locked it.

"Really, Rochelle did that? Than obviously you did not get a good look at the corpse's face. Are you sure that you did not mistake me for someone else?"

He placed the radio close to his mouth. "Ash. Ash, are you there? I want to speak to you. Now."

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:21 am
by Laraqua
Nothing but static though at least the whimpers had died down a little, though not entirely.

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:25 am
by Seon
"ASH!" Jack screamed through the radio. "What's going on there?!"

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:33 am
by Laraqua
The whimpers increase in volume and there's a clatter inside the bar as though the door that had been propped open had been knocked back, or something similar. The kitten paused in its ear biting to bristle and growl in the direction of the 'Staff Only' door that lay between them and the bar. It was dark in this corridor, lit only by fog-streaked light coming from the small window in the rear exit door.

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:44 am
by Seon
"Ash," Jack said, softly this time. "Are you... are you okay?"

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:32 am
by Laraqua
The whimpers seem to grow louder in volume until they're as loud as a person speaking and Jack can recognise the slightly inhuman tenor to them. They're too regular, too strange, to be entirely human. He can almost hear shuffling through the radio static or something similar, moments before there's a loud whack of something slamming against the door behind them, followed by the scrabbling of nails against wood.

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:51 am
by Kadael
"No, it was you, I know it was you." Lily sighs, feeling even more on edge now that she's locked in with this guy. "I don't forget people who stab me. Who's Ash? Did you stab them too?"

She turns to look at the door, then steps back and flattens herself against a wall like it'll make a difference. "What... is that?"

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:59 am
by Seon
"Darknesss in one's soul," Jack muttered, unlocking the rear door and leaving the bar through it.

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:05 pm
by Laraqua
The fog-streaked world outside is chilly and with a damp quality to it as he steps outside, blessedly warm within his trench coat. The sky is overcast and grey, vaguely visible through a fog that is only so thick as to partially obscure cars parked on the other side of the road. The town has earned its name with the strange silence that has settled over it but for the mild buzzing in the radio, much reduced now, and the querying meow of the tiny kitten perched awkwardly on Jack's shoulder. As he stands there for a moment, a cool wet droplet hits his temple and slides down his cheek. Rain. Just a drop here and there. It's already formed a pattern on the concrete and asphalt.

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:45 pm
by Seon
"Listen," Jack sighed. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry if I did those things to you. But I don't remember them. And honestly, I don't care if I did. There must have been a reason."

Jack absent mindedly patted the kitten before heading towards the lake.

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:02 pm
by Kadael
"Yeah, there's always a reason for stabbing people," Lily scoffs, following him out. She didn't consider what she'd do if she and Charles got separated. Perhaps she subconsciously assumed he'd always be over her shoulder, despite her tentative plan to get away.

She didn't anticipate being so afraid. Guilty, too - and this isn't even her fault.

"Where is everybody? Isn't this supposed to be a good vacation spot?"

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:31 pm
by Seon
"Stop," Jack said, turning around. "If you want answers to any more questions, you will have to answer mine. One question for one question. Do you understand?"

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:41 pm
by Kadael
"...Okay." Lily nods, hurrying to catch up with him. "That sounds fair... I like talking. So ask."

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:42 pm
by Seon
"What is your name?"

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:56 pm
by Kadael
"I already told you that I'm Lily, but I guess you wouldn't remember that either." She shrugs. "So I'm going to repeat, where is everyone?"

She's having a little trouble pacing herself. So many questions in her head don't want to keep quiet.

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:04 pm
by Seon
"In Silent Hill," Jack said. "This is also that place... But it is also not."

"Why did you come to this place?"

Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:22 am
by Kadael
"I'm newly twenty-one and I begged my brother to let me come here." Lily kicks a stray rock with her shoe, then looks at the kitten. Any guy with a kitten on his shoulder can't be that bad. "I liked the... the otherworldly atmosphere people kept describing, and I wanted to meet interesting people. Make some friends, find true love... yeah, it's pretty stupid."

"So if this both is and isn't Silent Hill, is this some kind of freaky alternate dimension?"

Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:44 am
by Seon
"You came to the right place," Jack said.

"Yes and no. Alternate dimension implies that it is a constant environment that continues to exist without any observers, merely located in a different plane of existence. This is not. This place exists as long as it needs to exist, and then it is gone. This mist will also exist as long as it needs to."

"Your brother, you live with him still? What is he like?"

Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:21 am
by Kadael
"Charles is..." Lily sighs, turning the coin over and over in her hand. "Yeah, I still live with him. God, what can I say? He's got a lot of money and a bad temper and some weird tattoos. He lets me stay in his nice house, though, and he lets me paint as much as I want and buys me nice dresses."

"He gets mean sometimes, but I still love him. He's my big brother, how could I not?" She smiles, then lets her face fall into a frown. "I hate the way he looks at me, though. And today's the first time I've been outside in five whole years, if that means anything."

Lily suddenly looks up at Jack, giving him a severe look. "Please don't tell anybody I said any of that."

"But, um, I have a question about Tarot. What does the Devil mean? Or the Demon, or whatever you want to call it. I... know a little, but I don't have the deck memorized."

Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:38 am
by Seon
"A person of money and power: aggressive, controlling, and persuasive. Reminds me of your brother," Jack muttered. He fiddled around with the radio once more. "Do not worry. I will not say what you just told me to anyone else."

"Why do you follow me?"

Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:47 am
by Kadael
"Oh, he's not really like that. He's generous and nice and I just forget sometimes. He'd never hurt me, or anything. He loves me." Lily nervously shuffles her feet, looking out at the mist.

"I don't know where else to go. Before, I was following Charles and Rochelle. Now they're gone, so I'm following you." She turns back to him, raising a curious eyebrow. "What's the radio for?"

Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:53 am
by Seon
"I must use it to find Ash," Jack mumbled. "I must find her. She's all I have left."

"But I must warn you," Jack said. "I may not know where your brother and Rochelle is now... But if you follow me, you will most certianly lengthen the time you need to meet them again.

Jack stared at Lily coldly. "If you love him so much, I would suggest that you turn away now."

Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:50 am
by Kadael
The lack of a question (at least, an explicit one) makes Lily's mind explode with endless inquiries. "Who is Ash? How much time do I need? What happens if this version of Silent Hill disappears while we're in it? Where are you going? Are you just trying to get me to go away? How is a radio going to help you? How am I supposed to turn away when you say it like that?"

"I mean, you might as well have slapped a DO NOT ENTER sign on a door and expected me to listen!"

Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:44 pm
by Seon
"Someone who believes herself to be without love, and that she only has caused pain and suffering in her wake. Recent events has not changed her opinion in the slightest."

Jack turned and began to walk briskly down the street once more. "To need signs and clues to determine your next step is a weakness. You will die by the end of the day."

Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:17 pm
by Kadael
"What do you mean? Will I die like you or a normal person?" Lily pulls her skirts off the ground and hurries after him. "Or do people who die here just not stay dead? But then what's the cemetery for?"

The cemetery. Walking with Charles and Rochelle. Leaving the car, her luggage, all of her painting supplies... They were going to find the hotel.

"Hey! Do you know where the hotel is? If you tell me, I'll leave you alone!"

Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:35 pm
by Seon
"You'll die. Forever."

"The hotel is close to where I am going," Jack said simply, continuing to walk.

Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:44 pm
by Kadael
"How do you know? For that matter, how can you be so sure I'll die at all?" Lily continues to follow, figuring she has to due to his vague answer.

Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:26 pm
by Seon
"Anyone who is weak and considers him or herself weak will invariably die in this town," Jack said.

"You may attempt to avoid this fate by growing strong enough to stand on your own legs on this world. But we both know that that will not happen."

"There is a pier nearby. We will need to find a boat."

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:26 am
by Laraqua
Depending on the direction Jack has gone, he'd either be at the bridge by now or on the waterfront road.

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:17 pm
by Seon
To the waterfront road then.

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:32 pm
by Kadael
"What? I'm not weak! Of course I can stand by myself, what do you think I'm doing now?" Lily huffs impatiently as she continues to follow.

"Why do we need a boat?"

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:54 am
by Seon
"To get to the Lighthouse, of course," Jack said.

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:38 am
by Laraqua
The trip to the lighthouse should've only taken about two minutes to walk to the main pier but they're still walking through the town section. It's hard to be sure with all of this fog until he starts truly paying attention but it soon becomes clear that they're forced to re-trace their steps. It's as though they're stuck in a perpetual loop, returned to almost where they began.

Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:47 pm
by Seon
"By the way," Jack said. "We are irrevocably lost. Sorry."

Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:51 am
by Kadael
"Irrevocably? What? How hard is it to find a lighthouse?" Lily stares at him. "I saw it on the way into town, there was the giant blinky light and everything!"

Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:09 pm
by Seon
"Indeed, but doesn't explain why we are at the starting point again, now, does it?" Jack said. He put the radio close to his ears. Perhaps it could still be active.

"If we can just make it to the lake, we can walk along the edges of the water to the Lighthouse, although we'll have to cross a bridge on the way there."

Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:56 am
by Laraqua
As Jack puts the radio to his ear, he can hear a screech coming from somewhere behind them in the fog-shrouded streets.

Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:11 pm
by Seon
"Now Lily," Jack said, turning to her. "Would you classify that screech as 'oh shit, we've got to run now!' kind of a screech, or 'there's somebody there who might need our help!' kind of screech?"

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:26 pm
by Kadael
Lily's only response is to grab Jack and hide in front of him, hopefully out of view of whatever that is.

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:05 pm
by Seon
"The former than," Jack said. "Well, Lily, that thing's probably going to kill you. Least you can do is look at it in the eye," he softly shrugged her off.

Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:18 am
by Laraqua
The kitten growls in warning and the pocket radio hisses burbled static at them.

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:19 pm
by Seon
"So, Lily, are you going to do something or should we have a nice little tea party with the monsters?"

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:58 pm
by Kadael
"No, no, no, what the hell are you doing?!" She stares at him incredulously, grabbing fistfuls of his shirt. He's the closest thing she has to her brother right now, and she has no idea what else to do. "We have to go! I'm not gonna die!"

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:53 pm
by Seon
"Ahhh, but why does the thought of dying not interest you?" Jack said. "It's fascinating, death, no?"

He softly pushed her away from him again.

"By the way, the reason why I'm so calm is that I know that monsters want to kill you, not me."

"You wanna live?"

Jack pulled out a shotgun and tossed it in front of her.

"You are going to have to fight. Ja mata."

Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:25 pm
by Laraqua
Somewhere, in the fog a woman's voice is raised in a frightened whimper and the silhouette of a feminine form begins to coalesce out of the fog.

Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:51 pm
by Seon
"And..." Jack paused and looked at the figure.

"...That can't be good. Grab the gun, Lily."

Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:53 am
by Laraqua
Jack's radio crackles and a woman's voice sobs, "Oh god oh god oh god...." Ash.

Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:42 pm
by Seon
"Ash?" Jack said out loud. "Is that.... Is that you?"

Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:10 am
by Kadael
Lily takes the gun with shaking hands, scrambling to try and figure out how to use it. "I - I don't know... w-why can't you do it?! It's your gun!"

She turns to glance at whatever's making that horrible sound.

Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:51 am
by Seon
"Ash? Ash!" Jack said, walking cautiously towards the figure, ignoring Lily.

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:06 am
by Laraqua
A young woman of around nineteen materialises from the fog, wearing a red cardigan and a white dress - the general uniform of Alchemilla Hospital. Her blonde hair hangs loose around her shoulders, gone a little wild as though she'd been running, and the white cap on her head is askew. She wears one low heeled red shoes, the other must have gone missing, and she staggers forward out of the fog. "Please, help me!" She stumbles forward, loses her footing, and falls into Jack's arms, sobbing. She grips his upper arms and slowly looks up, eyes wet and juicy with tears. "It's ... it's you! Jack ... I've found you." Her grip tightens on his coat. "I've been so scared."

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:56 am
by Seon
Jack's eyes widened in horror.

"Ge- Get off me!" he cried out.

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:52 am
by Laraqua
"B-but Jack, why?" Her lip trembles. "Did I do something to offend you? I-I've missed you so much. I did everything you said. I...." Her gaze flicks to Lily and for a moment there's a look of savage jealousy on her face, followed by gentle confusion. "Who's she and why does she have Roche's pub gun?"

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:53 am
by Seon
"I'm sorry," Jack said, suddenly calming. "Did you dye your hair or something? You look different."

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:43 pm
by Laraqua
"What?" She releases him and takes a few steps back. "You ... are you okay? You seem ... different."

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:10 am
by Seon
"Uhhh yeah," Jack said.

"You look kind of like the crazy nurse lady who tried to stab me to death with a knife."

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:03 am
by Laraqua
She looks at him in shock and horror, then slaps him hard on the shoulder. "How dare you? My cousin is ... you're the one who told me ... you're.... Gah!" She stomps away from him, crossing her arms over her chest. "Since when did you become such a jerk! Here I was so glad you'd finally come." She spun around to glare at him. Tears spill down her cheeks. "Not that you had come! This is nowhere near the rendevouz point. Do you know what happened to me? Do you? You haven't even asked! Do you even care?" Her lower lip trembles. "You said you loved me!"

Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:57 am
by Kadael
Lily raises an eyebrow, then sighs and shakes her head. Lovers' quarrels are the worst, even if you don't know the people involved. She looks the young lady up and down with curious eyes, not being very surreptitious about it.

"I'm just Lily, and I'm really not that fond of him," she says, cutting in to clear up any misunderstandings. Seems a woman can't be out in public with a man, unless they're a couple. Even if he's her brother. Shoving the gun at Jack with a huff, Lily tries wiping her eyes with the back of her hand - only serving to further smudge her mascara rather than get rid of it. "Take this back. She's not going to kill me. Why would you even say that? I could've shot her, you jackass."

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:13 am
by Laraqua
"He has that effect on people," she says drily. "Listen, I should probably go home but I ... I can't seem to find my way with all this fog. Could you two escort me? I don't know about you Lily but Jack's always had a head for these streets."

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:54 pm
by Seon
"Ooooh, ooooh," Jack said. "You know lady, I didn't know what was going on around here but I think I do now," he said, picking up the shotgun. "Unless you want to say that your name is Ash now... You do sound like Ash but I don't recall her being a blond... And although she is a nurse I doubt that she works in this town..."

"Well... Follow me..."

"I'll be sure to send you back."

Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:37 am
by Laraqua
The nurse stares at the shotgun for a moment, then her gaze flicks up to Jack's and there's visible confusion there. "It ... is you, right? Jack?" Something she sees in his eyes obviously disturbs her because she takes a few steps back. "Maybe I should just, yeah, go by myself. I'm sure I just remembered the way. Oh yeah, that's it ... it's ... this way!" She starts marching right into the fog. "Well, it was good to see you again."

Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:59 am
by Seon
"You aren't going anywhere," Jack said coldly.

"Stop. Who the fuck are you and what did you do with Ash?"

Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:40 am
by Laraqua
"Ash?" She pauses and looks back at him, arms crossed over her chest as though to keep out the cold ... or him. "You mean the girl at the bar? Look, I don't know, Jack. We never really talked about her. All I know is you had some kinda plan and I ... I did what I had to do but you never got back to me on whether it worked or not." She hugged herself tighter. "Did you try at the hotel? I think she was staying there. Or over at the ICU? I know she visited Katie there a lot. I saw her sometimes but we never spoke. If something's happened to her, I wasn't involved."

Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:11 pm
by Seon
"...Maybe that is true. I can't remember what happened to me in the last month or two at all."

Jack sighed. "All I know is that I was planning on something... Then I was dead. What was I trying to do?"

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:05 am
by Laraqua
"I don't know if I feel comfortable talking about it out here," said the nurse. "Did you try your home? I think you kept a journal."

Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:57 am
by Kadael
Lily taps her foot impatiently, trying to look through the fog for anything more engaging than these two. Jack was right - this town's obviously full of asylum-crazy people. And history.

She wonders if they'd notice her wandering off. No, that would be a bad idea. Especially since she doesn't even have Charles with her.

"Uh, excuse me - sorry to interrupt whatever's going on with you and your girlfriend, but didn't you have to do something that was near the hotel? Which is where I'm going to go? To wait for my brother, who you don't remember because you have amnesia or something, even though you shot him? Or did you forget whatever business you had, too?"

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:42 am
by Laraqua
The nurse looks from one to the other and, as Jack's gaze flashes over to Lily, she breaks into an awkward run in her mid-sized heels trying desperately to put some fog between them.

Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:46 am
by Seon
"Oh wait," Jack said, pulling out his cell phone. "We haven't even exchanged numbers yet."

He hurled the phone against the nurse, striking her in the back of the head.

"I mean, come on, how am I supposed to find you after this if I don't know how to call you?"

Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:54 pm
by Laraqua
The nurse gasps in shock as the mobile in the back of her head and tries to hurry, trying to move with the fog to obscure herself but failing to do so. She utters a whimper but keeps her head down and tries to hurry.

Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:00 pm
by Seon
"Women," Jack muttered, walking briskly towards the nurse to pick up his cell phone.

Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:31 am
by Laraqua
Her hurrying in heels is out-stripped by Jack's brisk walk and he manages to halve the distance between them even as he picks up his mobile phone.

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:39 am
by Kadael
"Oh, that's really charming," Lily says. "Does that work on all the women?"

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:41 pm
by Seon
"Nope," Jack said. "Maybe I should have thrown something heavier. Like a book."

Jack continued to walk after her

Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:13 am
by Laraqua
The young nurse bursts into tears and struggles to move faster in her clickety-click heels.

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:16 am
by Seon
"Hey!" Jack said. "I'm not going to hurt you more than I already hurt you, and I promise that," he ran towards her and attempted to grab ahold of her shoulder lightly.

"Just stop running. Tell me more, confess your heinous crimes. What did I make you do?"

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:25 am
by Laraqua
He grabs her shoulder easily and she whips around as though he'd pushed her, tears running down her cheeks. "You wanted me to look. I looked. I found it ... I found the room, everything, and I told you about it ... in the hospital ... where Alessa had ... and I-I went to confession with Father Vincent just as you told me to do." She rubs at her forehead. "I-I can't remember much after that."

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:32 pm
by Kadael
Lily frowns, glancing down at the gauze at her side as she listens. It still hurts to move - damn, this would never happen in the movies. She looks back up at the nurse.

"Can I, uh, ask your name?"

Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:31 am
by Laraqua
"Nurse Kristabella Lee," she says nervously. "Everyone just calls me Krista."

Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:30 pm
by Kadael
Lily looks from Kristabella to Jack, and back again. "Do you know where the Lakeview Hotel is? I'm trying to get there, but this guy's all riddles and vagueness. I'm not dangerous, and you're not frustrating, so... we could go and leave him to whatever he needs to do."

Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:15 am
by Laraqua
"Yeah, that's probably...." She glances up at Jack, then drops her gaze back to the asphalt. "Probably a good idea. I'm now sure where ... where I am. The bridges are all out but I know there's a boat we can take over to the hotel. I needed to go there soon anyway. I can't ... can't remember why." She rubs at her temples and squeezes her eyes tightly shut, though a few tears still slip out and over her cheeks.

Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:11 am
by Kadael
"Oh, please don't cry!" Lily runs over and grabs clumsily at her hand, forcing a toothy smile. There's been more than enough waterworks going on around here. "I'm sure you'll remember soon. Come on."

She lowers her voice to just above a whisper. "The sooner we're away from him, the better, right?"

Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:16 am
by Laraqua
"But how?" she whispers faintly. "He won't let me go."
Show,Jack will need to roll a Listen check to over hear the exchange.

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:12 pm
by Seon
"Yup," Jack said, turning back to the women after being distracted by something in the mist.

"Did someone say a boat? Because I've been looking for one myself."

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:37 am
by Laraqua
"A boat?" asked the nurse. "Why-why?"

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:33 am
by Kadael
Lily nods at Jack, perhaps a little too fast. "Yes! A boat! You should go find one, and I'll keep Kristabella company. Look at her, she's all shaken up - she shouldn't be wandering around with us! Better to stay in one place, right?"

She grins, artificially.

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:57 pm
by Seon
Jack stared at her with a blank expression.

"In the old days, if a person caught the plague, or was afflicted with something for which there was no cure, or if they for some reason wallowed in pain, it was customary to leave them for dead, and merciful to kill them."

He turned to the nurse with a bright expression. "Hotels hotels hotels, what's up with all that? Everyone wants to go to the hotel, it seems. Which is boring. I've been there before and there isn't that much to see. What's the point of touring the town if everyone goes to the hotel and stay there?"

"Besides, and the kitten will agree with me, the streets are very dangerous out here in the fog. I myself got almost eaten alive by dogs! What are you going to do if you run into a pack of dogs while venturing on into the streets in those heels?"

He turned back to Lily with an accusing expression. "You can't complain: you gave the gun back to me. Why do you give up even if you are in a position of power? Can you not see that it's so easy to just reach out and pull?"

"So do you know what I am going to do?"

"Time for something different.

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:20 am
by Laraqua
"I don't want to go to the hotel," murmurs Kristabella, her quiet attitude seeming to ignore Jack's tirade entirely. "I just want to go home. I'm so ... so tired." She glares at Jack reproachfully. "Tired of all the secrets ... and the lies. I think I might go to the apartment." She turns to Lily. "You can come with me, if you want. It's nice there. Comfortable. And I don't have any female friends." She glances over at Jack. "Truthfully, I don't think I have anyone at all."

She starts off toward Old Silent Hill, heading north down the street, back the way they had come. She doesn't rush or hurry nor does she seem all that fearful of dogs or other such things. Perhaps she hasn't seen any of them yet.

Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:40 am
by Kadael
Lily inches closer and closer to Kristabella during Jack's long speech. The man has more than a couple screws loose, that's for sure. And whatever's the matter with Kristabella is probably his fault anyway.

She also hasn't stabbed Lily yet, which is worth a lot.

The devil you know may be better than the devil you don't, but she's not convinced Kristabella has sinister intentions. And besides, the whole point of this vacation was to get away from Charles. Going to the hotel would be like running right into his arms. So Lily follows close behind, foolishly turning her back on Jack.

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:06 pm
by Seon
"I'm letting you go," Jack said quietly. "Goodbye."

He turned his back and disappeared out of sight, seemingly becoming one with the mist.

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:54 pm
by Laraqua
There's a slight twitch of a smile on Kristabella's face as he disappears behind them. She hobbles slightly, favoring her right leg, as they move on down the road. "Ow, my knee. We need to stop by a chemist's on the way home. I need some more codeine." She adds in a murmur, "The damndest thing. I don't even remember hurting myself." Then more loudly with a glance over at Lily. "So how come you came to Silent Hill? You don't seem like the kind of person who would travel anywhere alone. You seem ... fragile."
Show,Jack can return to his own thread if you would like, Seon.

Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:03 am
by Kadael
Codeine? That's a painkilling thing, right? Lily, of course, only remembers the name from hospital dramas. She glances at the gauze again.

She smiles earnestly at Kristabella, laying a hand over her own heart melodramatically. "Madam, you wound me. I'm not the little flower my name implies! And, uh, anyway, I didn't come here alone." Her expression darkens. "My brother brought me here for my birthday. He didn't want me meeting people or anything, so naturally I left him."

Which is a pretty good summary, but Lily keeps talking.

"I'm really interested in all the legends and folklore surrounding this place. I hear weird stuff happens here, even though all the places that say it's a good vacation spot downplay that. The photographs are also really beautiful and it looks like a nice place to paint things - I do that, I paint."

I think I should shut up.

"And I haven't even been outside or talked to new people for the longest time, and I hate Bellevue anyway it's full of rich snobs and drug addicts like my brother, and..."

Oh my god, SHUT UP.

"...and, uh, so, what's your story? Yeah, uh, do you live here? Wait, of course you live here."

Fuck.

Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:54 am
by Laraqua
"If you like history, you should try the Silent Hill Historical Society," said Kristabella, not seeming to notice her awkwardness. "Anderson runs it and he also does all of these ghost tours at 11PM on Friday nights. Here, so you can recognise him if you see him...." She pulls a photograph out of her wallet. "I have heaps of photographs on local researchers. Jack thought there was some sort of tie between local history and the drug trade in White Claudia but I ... I really can't remember if we found anything." She rubs at her forehead. "Anyway, Anderson's okay. The poor guy lost his wife Michelle by this horrible murderer, Scott Fairbanks, and he's pretty protective of his daughter, Hanna, because of it. Wait, not Hanna, Emilie. I don't know why I got those two confused. She's a cute kid as you can see."

"You can keep that photograph if you want. It might help you recognise Anderson if you see him. He knows a lot about Silent Hill and is the main librarian at our local museum and works part time at our main library here as well. He used to work at the hospital."

Kristabella gives Lily a long and level look. "Would you be happier if your brother died here? It happens, you know. People die all the time."

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:19 am
by Kadael
Yes.

But Lily only thinks that for a moment. If he died, what would she do? Waste away in fancy dresses until she died of something mundane? No, she wouldn't like it much if he were irrevocably gone.

"Of course not." That's what she ends up saying, looking away from Kristabella's eyes. "And don't people die everywhere? I doubt this would be such a popular spot if all those weird stories were true."

"So what's your deal with the trigger-happy bartender?"

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:30 am
by Laraqua
They've turned right and passed Annie's Bar once more when Kristabella looks up with a gasp. "Oh no, I almost forgot something! You wait here." She doesn't seem afraid, more determined, as though she really had remembered something. She hobbles over to the door to MEC Burger and quickly unlocks the door. "Wait here. Okay?" She slides inside with surprising speed, not fully opening the door, and slams it shut behind her with a confusing finality.

Lily barely has time to wonder what is up with that before she hears footsteps approaching in the fog. Someone is running this way. It doesn't sound like Charlie's footsteps. She'd remember that anywhere. And Jack had gone in the other direction. It also doesn't sound like a woman - or at least it wasn't a woman's shoes. Those were no high heels. It was almost funny how loud they were in the silence.

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:25 pm
by Kadael
Lily shuffles her feet on the sidewalk, glancing in the direction of the noise. She chalks her apprehension up to social anxiety. There's no one else out here who would be dangerous. That would be ridiculous, like a bad horror novel. People disappearing one by one? Ha.

Ha.

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:23 pm
by Laraqua
As her dry internal laughter dies in her own ears, she can start to see a man coalesce out of the fog.
Show,describe yourself Cole and Lily, though Garrett remember to add that Cole has flaking rusty brown stuff on his sneakers.

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:40 pm
by Garrett
Suddenly a large, burly man wearing a trench coat and red stained sneakers sprints through the fog towards you. His right arm holds a laptop like he is clinging to it for dear life, his left hand is holding something in his trench coat pocket. When he reaches you you get a better look at his face, he is clean cut with buzzed brown hair but his eyes look wild, like he desperately needs something. Lily might notice the look is something like that of a junkie who desperately needs his fix. She would also notice he reeks of cigarettes. As soon as he reaches you he tries to speak but only spurts out a words before desperately wheezing in breath. After a moment he calms a little and gets enough breath to speak. "Do...either...of you... know...where...Lily...or Charlie... Thompson are?" He looks very confused but at the same time determined, every second you don't answer his gaze grows harder and his jaw clenches more.

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:29 am
by Kadael
Cole, for his part, approaches a woman as slender as a skeleton. Her face is ivory-pale, marked with jagged streaks of black eyeliner and mascara - she was obviously crying at some point. Smudged as they are, her gray eyes still look overly big and curious. Some of her dark red lipstick has rubbed off, and her black hair falls long and tangly over her shoulders.

Her dress is all dark velvet and lace, anachronistic and impractical. A mess of gauze is stuck to her side, ugly against the fabric. In her hands, she clutches a number of things too small to see clearly.

She cocks her head at him, heels clicking backward a few steps. "Uh. Why? Where did you hear about them anyway?"

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:36 am
by Garrett
"The fuck does it matter where I heard of them! I need their help with something really, fucking, important, now do you know where they are or not?" Stupid girl probably doesn't know anything; ugh, she's so small I could probably break her like a twig, which I would be tempted to do out of pure frustration if she doesn't know anything.

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:44 am
by Kadael
Lily frowns, resolutely holding her ground. This guy isn't scary, no way. She's not about to be intimidated by someone who looks like one of her brother's dumb friends. All talk and no fists, not like Jack...

"I'm right here. Lily Thompson. Now tell me what you want, with less attitude."

She is operating purely on the assumption that she is some kind of action hero. This is probably bad.

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:50 am
by Garrett
I let out a gasp of relief and shoved my laptop into her arms, to happy to have stumbled upon this kid to mind her tone. "I need you to get this laptop open, I have no idea what the password could be and I only have one try left before it locks up. Please," a word Cole rarely, if ever, uses. "you have to get it open; lives are at stake." As I say the last sentence a little of the tense anger returns to me.

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:29 am
by Kadael
Lily stares blankly at the laptop for a few seconds, then raises an eyebrow at Cole. "Seriously? Do you think I'm some kind of magic hacker like in Hollywood, or an automatic password machine? Do I look like the kind of girl who'd carry flash drives full of spooky, scary programs to suddenly extract passwords?"

Well. It can't hurt to try, really. She really doubts that any lives are at stake.

With a sigh, she sits down, opens the laptop, and wakes it up. "People are stupid, though. And the most common password is... password."

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:26 am
by Laraqua
Access denied. This laptop has been locked for the next 24 hours.

Oh well. Lily could always try another little trick she knew involving the boot sector for those times when Charles tried to password protect things. It was a long shot and probably her only other option but it was a shot.

The door to MEC Burgers remains closed. The woman hasn't come out just yet. It's just the two of them alone in this foggy, twilit world.

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:40 pm
by Garrett
"Well did you get it open?!" I ask, shaking with rage because her expression already told me the answer.

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:22 pm
by Kadael
"Okay, just hold on and calm down. I'm going to try something." Lily doesn't much like the way this guy's looking at her. It's as if he expects some cocaine or whatever to pop out of the disk drive. "This should work, so be patient. What do you need off this computer anyway?"

She glances toward the MEC Burger, her thoughts turning to Kristabella for a second.
Computers,My Computer Use is about 12%, so I have no idea what Lily's doing. :P

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:02 pm
by Garrett
My mind catches up to the present as I process her earlier statement, "Wait a minute did you just fucking guess?! I COULD HAVE FUCKING GUESSED YOU STUPID BITCH!" My right hand balls into a fist, not to be threatening, but because I was driving my nails into my hand. I was desperately trying to get a hold of myself, I knew if I didn't I would seriously kill her. This damn girl isn't even taking this seriously! I was so mad I felt light headed, my finger nails had pierced my skin and blood was running down my trembling hand. Dripping onto the pavement, loud in the silence that surrounded us. I could kill her. I should kill her! No. Calm down, she said there was something she could do that should work, don't do anything rash.
Too bad Cole doesn't know that,in his eyes your, as you said, a magic password machine.

Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:37 am
by Laraqua
The door to the MEC Burger remains closed. It was just the two of them standing on the steps of MEC Burger. At least she has one more option to take. Her fingers deftly search around for the back door entrance but it turns out Cecilia's more tech-savvy than that. Either that or she bought a better password protection system. Maybe her brother could find a way into this but he's not here right now and she doesn't know where he is. Of course, judging by the look on his face it's probably best to not let him know that and to send him on a wild goose chase. She could say he was in the bar but that wouldn't give her a lot of time to get out of the way. There was a hotel mentioned that seemed pretty far. A lighthouse. The observation deck they first visited. Whatever she said, she'd need to say it with absolute certainty like it would be easy for him and that her brother would be guaranteed to unlock it.

If she wanted to be kind, she could point him to the likeliest direction her brother would take. Other bars, perhaps? Although she didn't know their name. The Riverside motel she had checked them into (would he remember the name?) At least that way it would give her a good excuse not to go there. She could hardly go with this random stranger, could she?

Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:03 am
by Garrett
Seeing the woman's hesitation to say anything I assumed she was lying about being able to get into it, and that means she just lost me my last chance at figuring out where Mary was.
"Bitch, I sincerely hope you have a very good reason why I shouldn't ring your God damn neck right now." The words leave my mouth with a terrifyingly calm tone, I've trained myself never to show weakness. If this girl wasn't in front of me I would probably being crying out of pure frustration, fortunately because she was there my frustration was manifesting as anger.

Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:17 pm
by Kadael
Lily thrusts her arms holding the laptop at him, backing up toward the nearest wall. "I told you already, I'm not magic! What do you want me to do, take out the damn disk drive and shove it in your..."

Wait. Stop. Be calm. She's still dealing with crazy people, after all.

"Okay. You should talk to my brother Charles. He can get into anything. He's up at the lighthouse. Can't miss it, it's a big blinky light. Can't miss him, either. He's a big tattooed guy in a suit." It's not too hard to lie. Her only concern is whether he'll believe her.

Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:30 pm
by Garrett
I calm down a little at being reminded that their was someone else that could open this laptop, and that I had someone who knew where her was. "Great, lets go see him." I say, taking my pistol out and training it on her casually. "Now, I'm going to bring you along as a little added motivation for him; he open this computer and we all leave happy, nobody gets hurt." I've tortured enough people to know you should never trust anyone who's scared shitless of you. "Oh, and if you try to run I'll put a bullet in your leg, I don't need you alive very long and you kinda rub me the wrong way anyway. I grab her by the arm and let her lead me, (If you dart for it he's going to try an attack you with his tazer, which is till in his left hand; not that Lily would know that.) "So, you sure he's at the lighthouse?"

Here's another post if Laraqua rules that I have to believe your statement was true, I'm not god modding I really don't thing Cole would leave this to chance. I'm not sure the rules on using skills on other players.

I calm down a little at being reminded that their was someone else that could open this laptop, at being reminded I still had hope. "And your sure he can get into this?" With my head now focusing completely on finding this Charlie guy, I'm no longer even thinking about this girl, I'm certainly not thinking about killing her. As soon as his statement is answered I take off once more in a dead sprint towards the lighthouse.

Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:59 am
by Laraqua
Show,in my games I don't have social rolls between players change their tactics but only their beliefs. So long as Cole remains sure that she's telling the truth than that should be fine. In other words, if he's not at the lighthouse, rather than getting angry with her he gets angry at fate and demands to know where he would've gone after the lighthouse. So I don't mind if you take her along as insurance so long as you're convinced that she's been truthful as far as she knows. Also you can't go at a dead sprint if you have a hostage. You're fitter than her and you'd probably cause her to fall even if she tried to keep up. I'll assume that you go at a quick jog. Kadael, post whether you resist or don't resist and I'll describe the journey.

Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:17 pm
by Kadael
Lily's eyes grow even wider as she sees the barrel of the gun. She almost wishes she'd kept Jack's shotgun - maybe it would have been useful. Glancing nervously at the doors to MEC Burger, she's convinced that Kristabella's left her and there's nobody to save her.

"He won't help you if you hurt me," she snarls. "He loves me. But... but fine. If you really think I'd make some kind of difference, lead the hell on!"
OOC,Not to mention Lily's still wearing heels. ;)

Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:29 pm
by Garrett
"Course he does. Now, tell me a little about him, would he help me if I just ask him? Would he help if I offered him money? If so I'm going to keep this gun concealed, make no mistake it is still aimed at you, and your not going to tell him I ever threatened you. Get the point? That way I'm the 'hero' who lead his sister back to him, and not the cold bastard that threatened to kill her multiple times. We do that and I don't have to pull my gun out, he happily helps me, then I'm on my way. Now, if he wants to play hardball I will you use you as a hostage; still, just do everything I say and nobody will get hurt provided your brother doesn't do something stupid. Understand?" I've calmed down, I knew I had to be calm if I was going to run a hostage deal, if I lost my cool and shot one of them I might never get into this computer.

Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:59 pm
by Kadael
"He'll want something," Lily says coolly. "Charles never does anything for free."

"You know, you're not that good at acting sane, and you sure don't look like a hero. What'll he think when he sees a big, scary man dragging his helpless little sister? He's stronger than you, and he's got a gun too. You'll get more help if you leave me behind."

She's bluffing, of course. He could just shoot her right now. Who'd know?
OOC,Eh, when I roll Fast Talk against PCs, it's less a matter of YOU BELIEVE THIS NOW and more about my effectiveness at lying. It's more believable, but that doesn't mean it'll be believed.

Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:35 pm
by Garrett
"What your brother's gonna think is that you were telling the truth when you tell him all about how I saved your scrawny ass from this hellhole, and 'heroically' brought you back to him. If you don't tell him that I'll whip my gun out and one of two things will happen; I'll get what I want from him, then cap him so he doesn't come after me. Or he'll pull his gun out too, we'll both start shooting, then your fucked, he's fucked, I'm fucked, and much more importantly, my sister's fucked." At the end of that statement my gaze is very hard, thinking about my sister all alone here started to make me lose my cool again. Still I knew I had to fight that, so I silently took a deep breath and composed myself, trying to make my next statement sound reasonable. "So you see, it really is in your best interest to just do what I say. I don't want this to get any messier then it has to, I'm a crook, not a damn ogre." Then again maybe I should just make it a hostage deal outright, she says he has a gun and I really need one.

[Spoiler-Button]I don't know if you were following Cole's thread but that gun isn't actually loaded. :lol: [/Spoiler-Button]

Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:05 am
by Kadael
Lily almost fires an insult back at him, but bites her tongue. This guy's pretty set on taking her with him, and nothing she can say will change that. Screaming and kicking will just end with her skin all over the concrete. She'll just hope that he doesn't shoot her when Charles isn't there.

Sometimes it just isn't worth fighting anymore.

"...Your sister?" she asks, her voice strangely soft. Is that what he meant by lives being at stake?
OOC,Yeah, but Lily doesn't know that!

Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:09 am
by Garrett
"So you gonna do like I said and tell your brother what a 'big hero' I am?" It was more of a statement then a question, and it seemed obvious he was purposely ignoring her question.

Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:16 pm
by Kadael
Lily nods, no longer looking at him. "Yeah, I'll tell him. It's what you'd want to hear from your sister, right?"

Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:29 pm
by Garrett
I release a laugh, its short humorless, clearly he found your statement idiotic. "You know the shit me and my sister have been through? She and I both know there are no heroes in this sad, pathetic world. There's just people; wretched, evil, people who want to take everything for themselves and don't care who they hurt to get it. The only person you can count on is yourself, and maybe your family." What's really sad is Mary probably did think of me as a hero, though I doubt she would now.

Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:53 pm
by Kadael
"Believe me, I know." Lily casts her eyes up at him, expression clouded with troubled shadows. "That computer won't get unlocked any faster if we just stand here."

Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:56 pm
by Garrett
I make no reply to that statement.
OOC-We're already walking, remember?

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:08 am
by Laraqua
Show,I don't think it was technically settled as Kadael never stated that she was walking and Cole never made a [u]Grapple[/u] on her. Having said that, the pacing of the conversation would make me think that they probably stood around for a post or two to begin with while she was still a bit recalcitrant and then when she gave in and started being snippy she'd started following you. That way you're only fifteen seconds down on where you'd be otherwise and would be just ready to....
The bridge across the river into Toluca Lake rises up out of the fog and they can both see a series of charred shoe prints that head off the bridge and back toward the way they came. The flashing light of the lighthouse can be seen somewhere across that bridge. They're certainly drawing closer. Presuming they follow the footpath at the edge of the bridge, they can see nothing below them as though the bridge stretches across a tremendous fog filled crater rather than the glittering lake of a tourist town. Somewhere across the bridge, a bird cries out to them. It sounds like a parrot.

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:13 am
by Garrett
"You first." I say simply, not knowing how steady the bridge might be.

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:05 am
by Laraqua
It appears to be a well-supported asphalt bridge likely held up by thick concrete struts. There's no sign of any cracking at this end. On the other end, there's no harm in putting the hostage in front and you never could tell. Perhaps it had crumbled from underneath like a wooden structure infested by termites. One could never tell with this place.

At least it wasn't a suspension bridge.

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:52 am
by Kadael
"Fine," Lily mutters, taking those first reckless steps out into the asphalt. It's just a bridge, seriously. She doesn't feel inclined to be too careful - she doesn't think she'll fall.

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:32 pm
by Garrett
I follow her across and continue heading towards the lighthouse.

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:49 pm
by Laraqua
Lily and Cole cross the bridge and come across the other side intact. Those charred footprints seemed to have begun from about midway across the bridge and there's no sign of them on this side, which hopefully is a good omen. The air is silent and still, somehow heavier, and there is a slight drizzle of rain that somehow neglects to banish the fog from the footpath. The lake can be heard to lap against the pilings, as though it were the ocean.

They pass the East Garage - chained and fenced as though closed up for the night despite the fact that it is still daylight hours - and turn left down a short street that ends in a jetty toward that flashing light which hopefully sits atop the lighthouse. Lily's breath catches in her throat as she feels herself draw closer to it. This is it. This matters to her. This is important. It's as though she closes in on her freedom from everything she's feared. That light had called to her from the observatory and brought her down this into this twilight realm and freed her from her brother. Now she'd found a harder man than her brother but perhaps the lighthouse might banish him as well.

Cole is caught by the sight of a piece of graffiti on the side of the East Garage's brick walls. It's a spray painted picture of a stick man lifting his hat off his head. While it isn't very good, it does show some natural talent. His sister had painted that once when they had found a mostly empty spray can. She would've loved this place if not for the monsters. The chance to dart between buildings, play Marco Polo in the broad daylight, and rummage through other people's homes. Could she still be alive? He had read news articles of people in foreign countries being pronounced dead until they woke up in the morgue - usually to die shortly thereafter. Did that happen to his sister but without the second death? Or is this some sort of sick joke? In this strange, twilit world, anything seemed possible.

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:06 am
by Garrett
My mind is once again flung back to Mary by the image. God damn it is she really alive or is God just fucking with me some more? Whatever, I'll find her, if its really her I'll find a way to get us out of here. If not... I guess if not I'll just leave on my own, drink until I forget every damn thing I saw in this place.
"Come on, lets keep moving." My voice is hard, I'm angry again.

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:54 pm
by Kadael
Lily nods, already moving with slow steps toward the lighthouse. Going to it wasn't such a bad idea after all. She remembers the darkness of Charles's house, curtains forever drawn shut to invite the creeping shadows.

Her new captor's anger barely registers with her. Harder man or no, he doesn't have anywhere near as much power over her.

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:16 am
by Laraqua
There's a short flight of steps that leads up to a concrete landing lined with a rusted fence in need of repair. The door to the lighthouse seems to have once been padlocked from the outside but someone has clipped the padlock and he lays on the platform broken.

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:33 am
by Garrett
OOC-Do you mean there's a body on the landing or that the broken padlock is on the landing?

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:52 am
by Laraqua
OOC: It lays on the landing. Not, he. Whoops.

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:42 am
by Garrett
I move towards the lighthouse door and let myself in, careful that I'm not actually dragging Lily anymore. Don't want her brother to get the wrong impression, or rather the right one. "What the hell is your brother doing here anyway? I thought you guys were from out of town."

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:21 am
by Kadael
Lily blinks, distracted by the towering majesty of the lighthouse. "Huh? Oh, he thinks he's my bodyguard or something. We're on vacation, no big deal."

The kind of vacation that leads to stabbing and crazy men with laptops.

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:34 am
by Garrett
"He's your brother, he is, kinda, your body guard."

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:16 am
by Laraqua
The inside of the lighthouse is a simple cylindrical concrete room littered with cigarette butts and piles of old newspapers and a few mouldy blankets. A set of stairs that don't look to safe circle around the inside of the lighthouse wall - up and up and up. The walls are lined with graffitti:

No, I won't! Yes, I will! It's your fault.
You made me do it.
Call Sarah 555-233-4892 for a good time. I'm 14 and loving it!
Where are we going to go? There's nowhere left.
Artaud Theatre -- boring!
What would you give for your freedom?
My LIFE
She lost her life because of obedience.
Like Hitler.
First they came for the Jews then the Italians than the Catholics and I did nothing nothing nothing and now they come for me so who will come and save me?
I miss my mommy
There was someone here. She's gone now.
I would never be okay with this.

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:36 pm
by Garrett
I look around at all the odd graffiti. What the fuck is all this? Oh well not my problem. I shake myself out of it and yell as loud as I can. "HEY, CHARLES THOMPSON? I FOUND YOUR SISTER FOR YA, WHERE ARE YOU?"

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:13 pm
by Kadael
"His name is Charles."

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:06 pm
by Garrett
"Ya whatever, where the hell is he?" I respond, gripping my gun nervously and looking around for any signs of movement.

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:20 am
by Laraqua
There doesn't seem to be anyone within the stairwell but perhaps there's someone in the actual lighthoue room where the large light would be kept. Either that or out on the railing. It is conceivable that someone up there wouldn't hear him calling out.

Oh well, it'll be a long climb.

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:43 am
by Garrett
I slowly and carefully make my way up the staircase.

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:58 am
by Laraqua
The staircase seems sturdy enough although the railings could use a replacement. This place has obviously been allowed to run to ruin. The graffitti continues all the way up the stairwell though much of it is the usual old stuff that he's seen a thousand times before. It does give the impression of being inside a madman's mind, however, being close to crushed under the weight of all that pressure. At the very top is a landing without a railing that inspires a sense of vertigo. The landing leads to a door in the rounded wall and nowhere else. The door is unlocked.

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:13 am
by Garrett
I go through. "Mr. Thomson?" I say as I open the door.

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:17 am
by Laraqua
The door opens to the platform that encircles this level of the lighthouse. The railing seems intact and the floor in relatively good repair, thank heavens. The vague form of a ship can be seen through the fog not far from the shore. It would probably be too far to swim out to but it would be in easy reach of a row boat. He can't see much of the platform as it encircles around the other side but he can hear a woman's voice humming 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow'.
Show,Does Garrett go out first or hold the door open for Lily?

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:25 am
by Garrett
I let go of my gun and grab hold of my tazer, still keeping it concealed in my pocket, before moving around to the source of the sound. "Hey, who's there?" I ask in a demanding tone.

OOC-I'm in front, Lily hasn't posted it but I assumed she was following me, I wouldn't have gone through the door without her.

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:28 am
by Laraqua
Show,we can assume from her last post that she entered the lighthouse and at least came up the stairs with you. We'll leave it until she re-posts to see what she does once you go through the door. I imagine she'll follow along placidly but you never can tell.

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:29 am
by Garrett
great, so I'm left on a cliffhanger. lol

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:20 pm
by Kadael
Lily's eyebrows arch at the vaguely familiar melody. She didn't think there'd actually be anyone up here. Still keeping her mouth shut, she follows Cole.

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:26 am
by Laraqua
The humming continues as though pointedly ignoring him as he rounds the platform and goes up the seven steps to the next ring. On this platform he can see the round glass walls of the central lighthouse and the machinery within. Although they had followed its light before, it is off now. Through the rounded glass, they can see a woman standing at the railing and gazing off towards the ocean. She is the source of the gentle humming and she turns as she hears their footsteps on the metal grating of this platform.

"Well, don't you look like an asshole," she says with a smirk, leaning back against the railing as though without a care in the world.

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:44 am
by Garrett
My hand returns to my gun and I hold it out in her sight. "Shut up bitch, where's Charles?" I demand roughly.

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:37 am
by Kadael
Lily stops slouching as her spine goes rigid, leaving her in a posture about as comfortable as a flagpole. Her eyes grow wide as saucers and her mouth falls open, further exaggerating her doll-like features. Sound warbles from her throat, not managing to form itself into anything coherent.

She forgets the gun. She forgets Cole's presence entirely. She forgets to breathe.

This is completely ridiculous. Some small part of herself is yelling at the rest of her to quit being stupid and focus on the danger. But maybe there isn't any danger anymore.

Maybe all of her thoughts about the lighthouse are true.

It's beautiful.

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:47 am
by Laraqua
"Charles?" asks the woman airily, waving away the gun with a dismissive flap of her hand. They still have a half dozen feet between them around the curving structure but, of course, it doesn't appear that she has a weapon. "Who'se Charles? I've never met the man." Her gaze drops to the laptop awkwardly held in his armpit. "Is that Cecie's laptop?"

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:47 pm
by Garrett
"Charles is a huge, muscly guy covered in tatoos." I turn to Lily, once again getting frustrated. "You said he'd be here!"

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:14 pm
by Kadael
Lily snaps out of her distracted thoughts and forces her eyes toward Cole. "Well, uh, he probably left! Th-this was just the last place I saw him. What, you don't think he has better things to do than stare at the water all day? My brother is a very busy man!"

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:28 pm
by Garrett
As everything falls apart the blood starts rushing back to my head. Once again I begin shaking as I stare at Lily, does she not understand how fucking important this is? "You said you were on vacation, WHAT THE FUCK IS HE BUSY WITH!?" Screw it I don't care. "WHERE THE FUCK IS HE THEN!" I scream, towering over this young girl. I can't believe how much time I've wasted, Mary could be dead by now! Wait isn't she already dead, so how would...? Fuck I don't have time to think about that. I stare at Lily demanding an answer.

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:19 am
by Laraqua
The strange woman sighs deeply. "Rage and scream as though the whole world owes you anything when you give the world nothing but hatred and pain," she says airily. "I know your type. What did this Charles do to you? Owe you money from a football game?" Her gaze remains on the laptop. "I don't suppose I could have that, could I? It is my friend's, after all."

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:12 am
by Kadael
"I don't know where he is," Lily says, her voice quivering as she backs up against the wall. "What do you think I am, his watchdog?! It's not my job to know what he's doing!"

Her eyes flick over to the woman again. Her friend's laptop? Maybe she'd know something about how to get into it.

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:40 am
by Garrett
The volume of my voice increases and as my voice is more strained the words become harder to understand. "SHUT THE FUCK UP! I NEED THIS DAMN LAPTO-" My vision was still fuzzy from rage when the realization shot through me. "-your friends with that bitch who clubbed me? What's her computer's password?!" My head clears a little, this girl could help me, this girl has to help me.

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:51 am
by Laraqua
"Wow, you really know how to make a girl want to help you," says the woman, pulling herself up into a sitting position on the railing. "And before you come over to strike me, let me tell you that I can be up and over this railing quick as a whistle and since I didn't come up here feeling exactly cheery and wishful for a long life, you should take that seriously. Username is CBrooks, right? I can see in your eyes that's so. In other words, I know the password so don't try to throw your anger around and expect me to help you because I absolutely despise your type and taking a tumble just to ruin your day. You're a bully and since you're here you're probably worse besides. The world was cruel to you and denied you something once upon a time so you run around smashing everyone else's lives up and screaming in their face like a two-year-old because somehow the world owes you something you never gave to the world."

She pauses to let it sink in and smirks a little, enjoying baiting him.

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:02 am
by Garrett
"Don't patronize me you rotten whore, YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT ME!" I knew I shouldn't be yelling like this, I really needed her help if she was telling the truth, which their was a fair chance she wasn't. Still though, I couldn't risk it. After battling with my choked up throat for a moment and taking a few deep breaths I speak again. "Please,-" I force out through gritted teeth. "-I have to save my sister, she's somewhere in this hellhole and that computer might tell me where." My voice is pleading, a tone I cannot remember the last time I used non-sarcastically.

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:07 am
by Laraqua
"There, was that so hard," she said drily and completely unsympathetically. "Let the woman go and I'll help you find your girl. I knew Cecie well while she was on vacation here but even I couldn't get her off the laptop. I was tempted to change the password if I didn't think she'd get fired or something so I paid attention when she was typing it in." She sighed heavily and gazes over her shoulder wistfully toward the fog-shrouded lake. "If only I'd done just that...." She turns her gaze back on Cole. She could be bluffing about tossing herself over the edge but she acts like a woman who is beyond fear or anything at all really. "It makes sense that Cecie might have information on your little sister. She was looking into her own daughter ... trying to find out what got her. She'd gotten close and then ... this town got to her. It gets to us all." She gaze past Cole at Lily. "Enjoy your visit, girl, take a look around, but don't let anyone try to take your fate away from you."

Her gaze lands once more on Cole. "So what do you say? You going to let her go?"

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:11 am
by Garrett
I didn't much like some stupid girl trying to sieze control of the situation but the option she offered was too good to pass up. I start approaching her. "Yeah, sure I don't even care about her. Can you really help me?" The gun is still in my hand but it is hanging aloofly now.

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:13 am
by Kadael
In Lily's impressionable mind, she places this woman on a pedestal of inner strength and raw beauty. Her heart slams loudly in her chest as she hangs on every word. She really hopes she won't jump. That would be such a terrible loss, she thinks.

Whoever she is, she's taken control of the situation just like that with nothing more than words and knowledge.

She wonders, in her slightly dazed state, what she means about the town. About whoever Cecie is. It gets to us all.

But then the woman is talking to her, and her thoughts fall apart, and all she's doing is nodding her head like an idiot.

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:26 am
by Laraqua
When Cole approaches, the woman tilts back over the railing and tuts. "You can stay right where you are until she's safe and away."

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:28 am
by Garrett
I bight down so hard at nothing a feel a tooth chip. Too mad to mind the pain I simply stand where I am. "Okay, you heard the nice lady kid, get he fuck outta here." I say in a quick, mocking tone.

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:31 am
by Kadael
Lily blinks, turning her eyes on him slowly. "But I... I don't..."

I want to stay!

She bites her tongue and chokes out a different approach. "Where will I go?"

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:33 am
by Garrett
"Doesn't matter, now get YOUR ASS MOVING!" I yell without thinking.

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:39 am
by Laraqua
The woman simply watches curiously.

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:42 am
by Kadael
"Fine, leave me for dead, you heartless prick," Lily growls. She turns around, shoulders hunched slightly, and begins walking back the way they came. Away from it all.

Will I ever see her again?

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:45 am
by Garrett
I let out a scoff; I don't care what this dumb bitch thinks of me, I don't care what anyone thinks of me. Except Mary, I have to explain myself to Mary.

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:46 am
by Laraqua
"You cling to a brutal thug for safety?" asks the woman, stunned. "Girl, just get out of here. You're safer on your own. He'll just bring you down into his own mess." She turns her attention back to Cole. "Here's how it's going to be. We're going to give her five minutes to get out of here and then you get your password."

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:48 am
by Garrett
"We have to wait five whole minutes! For fucks sake it's not like I"m gonna chase here down or anything." I complain, I do not however make any action to go against what she said.

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:51 am
by Kadael
Clinging to a brutal thug? I do that every day.

She doesn't really know where she'll go. Back to MEC Burger, if she can find the way? Kristabella will be long gone, though.

"I don't really want to hang around him, no," Lily snaps, and keeps on walking.

Don't look back.

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:57 am
by Laraqua
"Just follow your heart and see the sights," said the woman. "You're no better off here than there."

As Lily reaches the door, she adds to Cole: "So, how about we have a big old heart to heart? I'm Ash. And you are?"

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:58 am
by Garrett
"Cole" I spit out.

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:02 am
by Kadael
Lily throws the door open with more force than necessary. Maybe she'll try to find the car. Try to paint the lighthouse again.

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:04 am
by Laraqua
Lily can still hear their conversation reverberate through the lighthouse as she descends. Somewhere out there a fog horn sounds.

"You ever been to Silent Hill before?" asks Ash.

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:08 am
by Garrett
Alright she's gone, you can give me the password now. I think eagerly. "You honestly think their is one person on the fucking planet dumb enough to come to this god forsaken shit hole twice?!" I say with mild contempt.

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:10 am
by Kadael
Why the hell does she want to talk to him anyway? Lily kicks at the ground with the point of one shoe. She wishes they'd shut up.

But they won't, so she walks faster.

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:27 am
by Laraqua
"You mean you didn't come to sunny Silent Hill on vacation?" asks Ash wryly. "I did. I just wondered if you'd come here for any particular reason such as if you were hoping to find your sister. How old is she anyway?"

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:18 pm
by Garrett
"I came here for work, I had no fucking clue my sister was here, I don't even understand how she could be here. She's dead, she got shot by some piece of shit junkie when she was eight years old." My voice cracks on the last statement, God I hope she didn't notice that.

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:06 am
by Laraqua
"What does she look like?" asks Ash, unfazed by the fact she should be dead. "Maybe I've seen her around here."

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:17 am
by Garrett
"She's about four feet tall, with chestnut hair, brown eyes, and really pale skin." I mutter out, trying hard to keep a hold of myself, to not display any emotion.
OOC-I don't remember the description I gave you, so lets just say this is correct.

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:34 am
by Laraqua
"When did you last see her?" asks Ash.

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:37 am
by Garrett
"When I was like, ten, what difference does that make?!" I demand, becoming angry at all the old memories I had to think about without the usual buffer of alcohol.

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:40 am
by Laraqua
"It could make all of the difference in the world," says Ash simply as she reclines against the railing. "So how old would she be now?"

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:48 am
by Garrett
"I don't now..." I trail off. She was four years younger then me, how old am I? "...early twenties, late teens?"

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:26 am
by Laraqua
"What kind of things did she like to do? That might help you figure out where she'd be now."

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:33 am
by Garrett
"What the fuck are you talking about? If she really is here, she would be looking for me. Not drawing on the sidewalk and feeding crumbs to pigeons." Damn winged rats, why'd she ever like those stupid things? Why the hell am I thinking about this? "Just tell me the God damn password, maybe that'll tell us where she is." I say angrily, I don't think I've ever talked about this shit to anyone, certainly not some random suicidal stranger.

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:54 am
by Laraqua
"If you don't think she's here, then why do you care about the password?" asks Ash quietly, firmly.

Cole has never met anyone who was so blaise toward his anger. His rage has always been a powerful thing, something that washed away issues and complaints, made people cross away, or frightened folk into throwing the first punch. People called the cops. They fled. They fought. They never ignored it. They never treated his anger like it wasn't even there. They never acted like his wrath were mere shadows against the wall that could be safely ignored like a child's temper tantrums.

"What was her name? Her full name?"

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:58 am
by Garrett
"Mary, something, Brocco! Now drop the tone and tell me the password you FILTHY FUCKING WHORE!" I swear to God the second I get the password this girl better make with a sappy ass apology or I'm going to break every fucking bone in her body. I'll show her who's a brat! who she can ignore like their nothing!
OOC- Sorry I didn't mean to imply that Cole didn't believe Mary was here in that last post. Also should we switch threads since Kadel isn't here anymore?

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:02 am
by Laraqua
"It hasn't been five minutes yet," says Ash gently. "We have to wait until I know that the poor woman you dragged up here is safe from you. Was she your girlfriend? You seem like the kind of guy who smacks his girlfriend around. I hope she's smart enough not to wait for you at the bottom of the steps."

Their words spiral down to Lily as she makes it to the last quarter of the stairs, already feeling a bit puffed as this is more exercise than she's used to

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:08 am
by Garrett
"That kid wasn't my girlfriend, and for your information I've never hurt a woman I didn't have to." This was true, woman were easier to intimidate then men, I rarely had to torture them and I certainly didn't get the same sick satisfaction from it that I got from torturing men./i] "Let me explain this to you; I care about myself, I care about this book,-" I pause to brandish it. "-and I care about Mary, that's it. I'm not going to chase that woman down, because that woman is nobody to me. Now that I don't need Charles, I don't need her."

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:40 am
by Laraqua
"Have to?" scoffs Ash. "Why? Because your life was in danger? Or because they gave you an answer you didn't like? The flip side to that comment is that you hurt men even if you don't have to but just because you feel the urge to hear someone scream. At least women have to give you an excuse first. Men just need to exist." She snorts. "Have to! And I suppose that junkie had to shoot your sister.... You got something in common there."

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:54 am
by Kadael
A slight shudder runs through Lily as she hears the word girlfriend. Less disturbing than when people assume it about her and Charles, but even so... ugh. That crazy bastard has all the wrong attributes.

But that's what you get for daring to be seen with anybody of the opposite sex, right? She scoffs, leaning against the wall briefly to catch her breath.

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:24 am
by Laraqua
Lily notices that amidst the graffitti is a comment about the Silent Hill Historical Society knowing everyone's secrets through wire taps and stalking people who want to listen and pay attention. The Historical Society were the ones who had put together that neat web-site which had made the town look so very intriguing. There was a prison here once that was still out on the lake, slowly deteriorating. An asylum that had been here for years. So many bits and pieces. They hadn't given all of the details on such places, however, all the juicy stuff was with held for the various ghost tours. Maybe she could go to a ghost tour over there?

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:55 am
by Kadael
Kristabella mentioned the Historical Society. Somebody named Anderson. She remembers the photograph, a bit.

It sounds like as good a place to go as any. Ghost tours sound a bit hokey, like Halloween haunted houses or little 'spectral' orbs in photos... but this is Silent Hill. She's read things about the town's past that made even her skin crawl. Sounds like a good time.

She allows herself a smile. Wiretapping and stalking. Some people will believe anything.

And with that, she keeps on going.

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:56 pm
by Garrett
"In answer to your questions about what 'have to' means, both; in answer to your first remark, I don't hurt men for no reason either;-" My eyes practically go bloodshot with rage, my voice wavers as it speaks. ", and in answer to your last remark, all that junkie had to do was get away from that crumbling bridge my sister and I called home, he shot her because he was a pathetic, subhuman, parasite who thought he could intimidate two fucking kids! DO NOT, COMPARE ME, TO HIM!"

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:37 pm
by Laraqua
"She's probably had long enough," whispers Ash. "With this fog...." She hops down off the railing and quirks her head to one side as she turned to lean her elbows against the rails, running a hand through her gorgeous locks. In this state it would be hard for her to jump before he reached her. "The password is katieneedsme. Katie with an i and an e. No caps. All one word. She changed it to that afterwards. Beforehand it was enigmatic64, no caps, all one word. No idea why she had that password. I'd suggest trying both."
Show,please return to your own thread as Lily is exiting this one.

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:39 pm
by Laraqua
Lily reaches the door to the entrance of the lighthouse and cracks it open. Outside is the swirl of fog and a strange trio of lights dancing out somewhere beyond the jetty. There's a silhouette there as well. Some kind of ship, maybe? It looks low to the water. Perhaps some kind of ghost ship that sails only when the fog falls. There was some kind of story about that, she was sure of it.

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:45 pm
by Kadael
Lily thinks of going to the water, of following the lights that pierce the fog. Her skirt brushes the ground as she steps toward the ambiguous shape.

The Historical Society can wait, really. She's not even sure where it is.

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:52 pm
by Laraqua
Lily follows the jetty slowly but surely. Its more rickety than she remembers it. In a greater state of disrepair. She has to pick her way along. The jetty veers right for awhile and then there is a longer stretch that heads away from the beach. She can already hear the strains of jazz music and the clinking of glasses. It sure is one heck of a celebration. There's a letter fluttering between the planks just to the right of her.

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:59 pm
by Kadael
She can't remember the last time she went to a party. The gatherings her brother holds are undeserving of the title. Maybe she'll crash this one.

Lily bends to pick the letter up, her fingers twitching around everything else in her hands.

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:51 am
by Seon
"Oh hi," Jack said.

"You are the girl I almost fileted. Say, what's a girl like you doing out here alone? Any monster can pop out of the dark. With that dress, you can't even run. And you'll catch your death in the cold too."

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:54 am
by Laraqua
You hear him almost before you see him and as your gaze flicks up from the letter you see the man almost materialise out of the fog.

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:44 am
by Kadael
"Ah--!" Lily squeaks, springing up to her full height. "You again? What do you want with me?"

She thought she could just forget him. A mistake.

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:53 am
by Seon
"Oh, nothing," Jack said.

"Actually, that's a lie. I have a job for you. Well, request actually. I don't think I'm in a position to just "give" you a job. Listen, are you cold? Because it's really, really important that you listen very well to this."

He took off his coat and draped it around Lily. "Keep warm, and take this too." He picked up the kitten and thrusted it into her arms. "Your job is to take that kitten somewhere and have fun. Good luck, bye, see you later. Don't tear up my coat more than it already is."

He walked away towards the lighthouse.

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:53 am
by Kadael
Lily just stares for a moment, dumbfounded. It takes a bit for the warmth of Jack's coat and the fluffiness of the kitten to sink in.

Well, it's better than getting stabbed. And that is a pretty classy kitten, with its bowtie and all.

Time to have fun.

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:28 am
by Laraqua
The unread letter is cool in one hand. The kitten warm in the other. There is a part of the jetty that heads left towards the vessel.

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:15 am
by Kadael
Lily adjusts her hold on the letter so she can read it. Discarded correspondence is always of interest.

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:54 am
by Laraqua
The letter seems to be a romantic one penned to some sort of person.

My dear love,

Oh, how my heart has trembled with the chance to see you again. I had hoped and prayed that I might get back before the next great offensive but how could I be sure? There is a chance, perhaps, that I will reach you before this letter does! Such is the method and the madness of the Army Post. I have, unfortunately, had to cope with this for so long that it must be months since I have received any of your letters. Never fear. I await with bated breath for each letter and have faith that they Army hasn't lost them and that they are on their way.

When I see you again what shall I do? Shall I run to you and lift you into the air and spin you around? Shall I walk up behind you and sweetly nuzzle your neck and indulge in the scent of your hair until you turn to see me, smiling? Shall I walk to you plainly and then hold you close to me, safe and secure the knowledge that we are together again?

When I am once more on the American shore, I will wire at once to pay for tickets on the La Bella Sinclair so that we might spend a romantic evening upon the waters of Toluca Lake?

Regards,

Declan O'Connor.

Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:36 am
by Kadael
Lily looks it over twice, her mind filling with every war movie cliché in the book. Poor guy's probably dead, or at least been Dear John'd. She really didn't think men this decent-sounding existed in real life, though.

Then again, he's probably full of crap and just covering it up with pretty words.

Hand-space is getting a bit tight, especially with this inexplicable cat. Lily tucks the tarot card and the old coin into the front of her dress, then heads left on the jetty.

Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:37 am
by Laraqua
The kitten mewls at her and snuggles warmly into the palm of her hand as she sets off across the jetty toward the lights of the vessel. She turns left at the end of the jetty and strides toward its end where a man in a tail coat stands beside the gang plank. She can hear the sounds of a four piece band playing on this old-fashioned yet rather large double-decker paddle steamer, coming from inside the deck, and the burble of voices caught in conversation.

He gives her a shrewd look up and down and quirks an eyebrow. "Do you have a ticket, ma'am?"

The kitten meows in response.

Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:53 pm
by Kadael
Well, damn.

"No, I don't," Lily says, very conscious of the state of her... everything. "But maybe you know how I could go about getting one?"

Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:40 am
by Laraqua
"You step along, that's what," says the man disapprovingly. "This vessel is utterly booked for these festivities.

"Veronica!" calls out a man, coalescing out of the fog on the deck of the vessel. He leans against the railing and grins at her from beneath his hat. "Don't I look totally ridiculous? You did say not to come back a New York gangster and I just couldn't resist."

"Do you have a ticket for this woman?" asks the man.

"Of course, I'm holding it for her." The stranger almost skips down the gangplank, he seems so excited. "I'm so glad you came. I'd almost believed.... No, never mind." He comes down to face her and she realises that it's a rather handsome young man.

Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:08 am
by Kadael
How beautifully convenient. Lily can't resist playing along, though it's going to take a lot of effort. Who the hell is Veronica?

"You're lucky I even recognize you, Mr. 1930's!" She puts her non-catted hand on her hip and throws him a grin. The dark lines on her face stretch awkwardly. "Sorry I'm such an awful mess, the worst things happened today. At least you're here."

Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:15 am
by Laraqua
He grinned at her and swept her up in a hug, pulling back just so as he can gaze down at her with those clear brown eyes, then turns to eagerly give the man two tickets printed on rather old fashioned looking brown card. "Come on, there's cocktails and dancing and everything I ever promised you."

Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:07 pm
by Kadael
Lily is a bit slow to hug him back, distracted by thoughts of the role she's playing. Is this right, morally? Should she care?

"Sounds like fun. Lead the way."

Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:03 am
by Laraqua
The stranger nods and takes her hand, guiding her up the gangplank and onto the deck. All of the signs are in a wonderfully art deco script although the ship itself seems a bit old with faded paint that peels just a little. It's none too surprising. It probably cost quite a bit to repaint a historical vessel. The windows are blacked out from the inside but she can hear the burble of laughter, the chinking of glasses, voices talking about Silent Hill and occasional bits of gossip about people she hardly knew filtered out toward them. He leads her toward the rear of the vessel and she spots the name upon a wall: La Bella Sinclair.

"Come on, this way, it's most beautiful on the top deck though damn this awful fog," he says, flashing her a grin and keeping his warm hand gripping hers. He starts up the stairs.

Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:31 am
by Kadael
...wire at once to pay for tickets on the La Bella Sinclair...

So apparently this is the locale of that romantic evening Declan's sweetheart was promised. It's not surprising, considering that it's a beautiful ship. The atmosphere feels just right. It's something Lily might like very much herself, if only she were with someone different.

But she shouldn't throw her enjoyment overboard just because of that. She can have fancy drinks and meet interesting people and be away from her brother regardless of--

Wait.

...wire at once...

Wire?
That's a weird term. An old one. Like, really old. The letter should be unreadable...

As Lily's wondering what the hell is going on here, her thoughts drift further and further from the task at hand: this man who calls her Veronica.

Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:21 pm
by Laraqua
Declan guides her up a stairwell onto the back of the vessel and takes up his position by the railing, leaning the small of his back against it, and gazing at her affectionately. "I'm so glad you came.... I worried you wouldn't. I know that things weren't working out as well as they should." He sighed deeply. "After that letter you sent ... I wasn't sure but then I felt your call and I had to come. I've been waiting here for so long it feels." He shakes his head, releases a sigh. "Do you like to dance?"

Soft strains of romantic old timey music waft out through the deck boards from beneath as he holds out his hand, reaching through the shrouds of fog. There's no one on this upper rear deck that is lined with benches around the sides but is otherwise an open space.

Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:40 am
by Kadael
Lily smiles through her haze of strange thoughts. Felt your call? "You know, I would love to dance, but I really should get myself cleaned up first. And find some place to..." She looks at the kitten in her hand. "All right, the strangest thing happened. I was just on the beach, and this man comes up to me and hands me this cat and his coat. I really ought to put them somewhere safe."

That, at least, is not a lie.

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:46 am
by Laraqua
“It’s a cute kitten but I don’t think it’s yours,” he said quietly. He lowered his hand, dropping it to his side. “I ... suppose we could find a place. There’s a coat room downstairs, I’m sure. I can go to one of the ship’s men and ask him to take your coat and a spot for that little feline.” He moved to go behind here. “Here. Allow me. You should have a chance to relax and not have to seek anyone out, though I can’t imagine why you would want to be rid of your coat in this weather. It’s hardly a summer’s day.”

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:19 am
by Kadael
Lily shrugs a little, sighing as the coat comes off her shoulders. "Well, it isn't my coat. I don't mind the cold. And... thank you."

He is the very model of an old-fashioned gentleman. In a different world, she'd be swooning, but instead it just leaves her with a strange kind of loneliness. Veronica is someone else, and she's a liar.

She touches one of the kitten's ears. "I don't suppose there's anywhere I can scrub this horrible makeup off my face?"

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:47 am
by Laraqua
"Your makeup is a little ... different," says Declan good-naturedly. "If you'll come with me...." He holds out his arm to her, the other arm now having a coat draped over it. "I shall lead you down to the women's bathroom. It's not much and it's quite small but it should do."

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:56 am
by Kadael
Lily almost rolls her eyes at him and his different. It's meant kindly, no doubt, but hardly anyone takes it that way. "It's been a hard day. The last bathroom I tried didn't have working water."

She takes his arm, constantly aware of how close they are.

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:58 am
by Laraqua
Declan gives her a warm and handsome smile. "Are you sure you're not cold without your coat?" He starts to speak in a low voice, though whether it's to her or himself it's hard to be sure. "It's such a foggy day which is ... strange. The fog banks aren't normally so thick here. I mean, I've heard rumors but I've never seen the lake like this." They head downstairs to the promenade that encircles the internal deck space.

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:38 am
by Kadael
"I'm sure." Lily shrugs, not really looking at him. "I'll be fine. It doesn't match my dress anyway."

Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:27 pm
by Laraqua
Declan pulls open the door and holds it open in a sweeping gesture and a friendly smile. "After you."
Show,enter William's thread.