Murray's Journey: Finders Keepers

A resort town in cheery America is a major holiday destination that sits upon the shores of the beautiful Lake Toluca. It's a fun and fantastic location with plenty to see and do whether as one of our many wonderful tourists or as brand new residents. Catch a film or theatrical production at Artaud Theatre then retire to Annie's Bar for drinks with friends. Check out the Lakeside Amusement Park and see the historical Lighthouse that is still in operation certain days of the year. Spend a romantic evening on the Observation Deck or an evening at Pete's Bowl-o-Rama. Or take a stroll through Rosewater Park.
There's lots to see and do and that's not even mentioning White Claudia, The Order, skinned dogs, alien geometries that occasionally warp the town, nor the psychologically-induced misery and torments that spring fully formed into existence while walking the merry streets.
Welcome!

Moderator: Laraqua

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Re: Murray's Journey: Finders Keepers

Post by Mr. Handy »

The first thing Murray does is head for the door connecting this hallway with the section of hallway he had been in earlier, so that he can check if it's possible to unlock the connecting door from this side.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 9 months

Post by Laraqua »

There is a large padlock and some chains on this side of the door that somehow seem to keep the door locked. The logic behind this is a mystery but then much of this place is without logic.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Murray tries to pick the lock, but it proves beyond his abilities. He shrugs. Looks like I'm stuck on this side for now, he thinks. He turns around and listen's carefully at the door to the men's room.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Water can be heard dripping in the men's room.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Murray tries to crack open the door to the men's room slightly and peek inside.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The men's room seems empty although Murray can't check inside the stalls from here. There's a musty smell to the air like an old and dusty book store that seems quite out of place in a men's toilets. Simply peering inside, though, reminds him of the many sordid encounters that have occurred in toilets. He has had to take photographs of cheating spouses in nightclub toilets, noticed drug dealers making deals in toilets, and dealt with the aftermath of violent assaults in toilets where the victim has wanted revenge but failed to get the police interested. Its not just physical waste that ends up in public toilets but spiritual waste as well. The dripping seems to be coming from one of the taps.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Murray quietly enters the room, especially alert to his surroundings. He makes his way to the stalls to check each one in turn.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The mirror itself reflects a rather sorry looking version of himself. He looks unkempt and obviously in need of sleep. Seeing himself makes him realise that the closest thing he's had to sleep for awhile was a brief period of unconsciousness following an apparent car accident. Perhaps he was still asleep, or delirious and concussed, but if that were the case why would he be so exhausted? Seeing his reflection also reminds Murray how long it's been since he'd eaten and his stomach growls uncomfortably. It probably wouldn't be wise to eat here let alone drink here. Hopefully he could find Ash soon.

Of course, nature did need to call.

Those cubicles might be worth more than simply places to search for the dolls. The second and third cubicles are obviously vacant. Its only the first cubicle door that is locked and Engaged.

He tries to open the first door. Engaged. He hears a young woman's giggle followed by some rather seedy sounds from a man. Then there's a gasp of fear and pain followed by a high-pitched screech cut off by the sound of flesh tearing and someone gurgling audibly along the other side.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

A sudden burst of adrenalin overcomes Murray's exhaustion, and he tries to force open the stall door with his gun ready in his hand. He knows he acts to act quickly to save whoever's in the stall. It may already be too late, but he has to try.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Murray's determination lends him the needed might, and the door flies open with a resounding thud.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The door slams open to reveal a figure resembling two intertwined figures wrapped in a black oily skin that undulated like a worm even as it twitched and twisted toward him. The creature had one set of legs, thick and stocky, and seemed almost cojoined at the waist with a more feminine form whose arms, and it had four of those, wrapped around the main most masculine shape like thick ropes that were also a part of the bigger half's body. The head, twisted and misshappen, more a veiny bulge that twitched and throbbed from the smaller and feminine branch of the body, split into a dribbling and fanged vertical mouth whose very redness glistens against the oily black body. The head stretches out on an elastic neck towards him, split mouth gaping.
Show,Murray can fire off one round before he is attacked as it has the Initiative but he has a firearm.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Murray instinctively fires, striking the creature and doing a good amount of damage.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The mouth strikes forward but twists aside from the last moment due to the sound or the bullet, who can say? The bullet leaves a gaping red gash across the side of its mangled oily head from which more jagged bony protrusions - like teeth or broken ribs - begin to jut out. The head strikes forward but it is off-kilter from the shot and its jagged teeth merely slice across Murray's shoulder causing the arm to go somewhat numb.
Show,your shot. Also there is no poison simply a sensation so don't worry about making a resistance roll. Murray might certainly worry about poison, however.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Murray staggers back and shoots it again, once more wounding it badly.
OOC,Does the creature hit automatically? I didn't see a to-hit roll. Also, my gun gets two shots per round, so do I now take my first shot of the second round (if it isn't defeated)?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Show,there was a to hit roll but I must not have pasted it. invisiblecastle did act a bit strangely at that time. And yes, you get another roll. If you deal 3 more damage it's dead and you must roll SAN 1/1d4 for seeing this thing.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Murray puts another bullet into the thing. It doesn't strike home as hard, but it's enough to take down the weakened monster. It collapses in a pool of its own disgusting fluids.

Murray shudders a little and turns away when he's sure the creature is dead, though it's still visible in the grimy mirror. Damn, I look like hell, he thinks, regarding his bedraggled reflection. He slips his arm and wounded shoulder out of the trenchcoat and tears off part of sleeve, which he uses as a bandage to stop the bleeding and patch himself up as much as possible. Then he slips the coat back over his arm. Well, I'm not quivering in a heap or foaming at the mouth, so I don't think it's poisoned. Feels a little numb, but I think that's starting to wear off now. He opens up the revolver, takes three bullets from his dwindling supply, and reloads it. I better not get into too many more scrapes like that one. I don't have that many bullets left. Even if I find more, my luck's bound to run out sooner or later. I also need water and food, but I doubt I can trust whatever comes out of these sinks. I haven't taken a leak in ages, but at least I can take care of that now. He chooses the stall furthest from the one occupied by the dead abomination.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The creature collapses to slowly ooze into the cracks, revealing a Dawn the Duck stuffed toy sitting on the closet toilet lid. Scrawled on the right wall are the words WAS HERE GONE NOW written in thick black marker. Murray uses another one of the cubicles to relieve himself and feels much better with that need sorted. Another encounter like that would have probably led to him peeing himself if he didn't keep an empty bladder.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Murray zips back up when he's done and then collects the stuffed duck, cleaning it off. Well, at least this wasn't a complete waste, he thinks. Kind of like a carnival game. Shoot the monster, win a prize. Of course, at a carnival the monster wouldn't bite you. He examines the water dripping from the sink and tries to judge whether or not it might be safe. I'm thirsty, but I'm not entirely sure about this stuff. Getting hungry too. At this point I'd even eat dog food. Hey, dogs seem to like it. It can't be that bad.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The water looks a bit rusty.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Better not chance it, thinks Murray. I'll stick to the bottled stuff in this place. He leaves the bathroom and places the three stuffed animals he's collected just outside the padlocked door. Sorry, guys, but I can't lug all of you around at the same time. Once I find a crowbar or something, I can pry the padlock off and then use it to get the ICU door open. He then goes over to the women's restroom and puts his ear to the door.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Welcome to Silent Hill.”