CHAPTER TWO: Jack's Journey: Admissions

A resort town in cheery America is a major holiday destination that sits upon the shores of the beautiful Lake Toluca. It's a fun and fantastic location with plenty to see and do whether as one of our many wonderful tourists or as brand new residents. Catch a film or theatrical production at Artaud Theatre then retire to Annie's Bar for drinks with friends. Check out the Lakeside Amusement Park and see the historical Lighthouse that is still in operation certain days of the year. Spend a romantic evening on the Observation Deck or an evening at Pete's Bowl-o-Rama. Or take a stroll through Rosewater Park.
There's lots to see and do and that's not even mentioning White Claudia, The Order, skinned dogs, alien geometries that occasionally warp the town, nor the psychologically-induced misery and torments that spring fully formed into existence while walking the merry streets.
Welcome!

Moderator: Laraqua

Seon
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 11 months

Re: Jack's Journey: Admissions

Post by Seon »

Jack sighed. He had to work quickly now, but at least Ash will be safe.

He walked over to the last, unmarked door, and opened it.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 18 years

Post by Laraqua »

The large room contains little more than a large generator and a few diesel drums. Unfortunately, generator mechanics weren't his strong suit. He tried pushing the 'On' button but it didn't do anything. Maybe it needed to be re-fuelled or maybe there was a fuse that needed changing in the generator control panel. It was hard to say. There should be a Safe Operating Procedure somewhere that would outline what needed to be done to make the generator work. Or perhaps some sort of Operational Manual. Perhaps in the cupboard in the generator room? Or maybe in one of the offices he'd passed? Or he could just try re-fuelling it and hope he pours it in the right hole to the right level and what-not.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Jack opened the cupboard in the generator room and dug around.
Spoiler:
If he finds nothing there, he will swing the flashlight over to the generator and walk around. Usually there should be the safe operating procedure drawn out on the device itself.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The cupboard seems to be full of little more than glorified cleaning products. The machine itself does seem to have something etched onto it but it looks like someone has actually tried to file off all of the details. Looks like he'll either need to find the hard copy somewhere or take a leap of faith. Someone, or something, really wants to keep him separated from his shotgun.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"Fuck you, town, I had enough of your shenanigans," Jack muttered as he pushed the barrels of oil close to the machines.

He selected a likely-looking hole in the machine and then poured in the amount of oil which he felt was sufficient.

Then he pressed the on button and made out of the room like rat out of hell before the generator blew.
Spoiler:
Rolled three luck rolls just to make sure.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

It takes an irritating amount of time to fill it with oil but the reaction, once he hits the button, is instantaneous. The generator growls to life, rattling and shaking with a dangerous sound, and a final few pops chase him out into the hall, before it finally settles to a low rumble, though none of the lights come back on. He heads up to the first floor, past the two spaces where the bodies of the men were once but are now gone, and finds himself standing before the elevator.

'Do Not Use The Lift In An Emergency' -- a lovely sentiment on that nearby sign.

Still, there's only one way to be sure. Press the 'call button'.

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

He pressed the call button.

The worst thing that could happen is that he could get crushed to death. Scratch that. Worst thing that could happen was that there was a man-eating monster inside the elevator.

He edged a little bit away from the elevator door.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The elevator doors pinged open to reveal...

...a black-and-white marbled flooring in an elevator large enough to receive multiple hospital beds. A few quick stabs of the flashlight beam reveals that the ceiling, too, is clear of monsters and that the elevator panel just inside the doors and to the right is lit up to show B 1 2 3.

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Jack went inside the elevator and pressed the button labeled 2.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The doors close smoothly before him and, lacking the tinny elevator music that would've made this more classic, begins to slowly ascend. There's something strange about elevators that service few floors, they always seem to take longer to get off the ground, and for a moment, in that dimly lit interior (at least there's lights on in here) it almost feels like maybe it won't move. Maybe he's stuck here. Caught. But no, there's a sudden lurch as the elevator rises that single floor in an incredibly slow fashion and, with another ding, the doors slide open.

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

He didn't trust this hospital at all.

He snuck out of the elevator as quietly as possible and hid in the nearest cover, quickly surveying the area.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The nearest cover is an old hospital gurney with a suspicious lump lying under the moldy and blood-stained sheet but it will do in a pinch.

There doesn't appear to be anyone, or anything, else in this corridor though it is noticeable damper in here with slight puddles across the floor.

At least he knows how to step lightly ... though how much that'll help someone with a flashlight is anyone's guess.

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Jack removed the sheet from the hospital gurney.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There's nothing beneath the sheet but a human-shaped burn mark on the gurney's blood-soaked mattress.
Dang!,I've always wanted to do that in every Silent Hill and Survival Horror game I've played.

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"There was something here. It's gone now," Jack muttered.

He walked through a random corridor. He didn't have a map of this area and where he ended up was going to be a pure guess work.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The corridors held a simple U-shaped design and there was no reason to doubt that this would hold the same as he had seen the building from the outside. He turned right at the end of the corridor and ended up trying the busted doors that split the corridor in half. There are plenty of doors all around him that he could try, either immediately to the left or immediately to the right being the most obvious choices. The one on the right was labeled 'Nurse's Station'.

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Jack opened the doors to the Nurse's station and entered it.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There's a lot of fresh blood and gory giblets splattered all over the floor and lower parts of the cupboards with smears here and there that suggest that someone had a good roll around in it down there. There's also shoeprints that have tracked several ways through the muck, though it seems to have pointedly tried to avoid stepping in the majority of it. There's a door around the other side.

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Hide,Enter [b]Cecilia's[/b] Thread.

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Show,And here you are again.
The nostalgic quality to the building is gone replaced by an icy ... nothingness. It's not cold. Not truly cold. It's just a numbing nothingness that wraps around him like a cloak and he can feel her tear herself away from him with a gut wrenching lurch until he can barely even remember what it felt like to beside her. Yet, as if on cue, as his footsteps slow as he nears the hotel's front doors, he hears his mobile phone go off in his pocket. Putting it to his ear, his footsteps echoing on the tiled floor, he hears a familiar voice: "Oh God, Jack, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, I should never've done it, I didn't think you were real, or you were human, and I was scared, but I should never have drugged you, I thought you were, Oh God, I thought you were one of them, the Order, you're meant to be dead, but I think they're after me and they may be after you as well ... and Rochelle ... oh fuck, what do I do? What did I get myself into? I think ... I think there's something more going on and I ... you must hate me but I ... but you ... oh God ... it's their fault ... they did this to you ... the Order.... I think they even got Rochelle. Shit, I hear movement. I-I gotta go."

With that, without pause for him to comment (you can add attempts to comment or intervene in the flow of dialogue at any point that she was talking if you wish as it won't change her babble), she hangs up.

Return to “Welcome to Silent Hill.”