Ancient Gentlemen (Day 2)

"Get me that writing desk", the client said. It seemed like a simple job. Now ghosts are crawling out of your drink, murderers are after your stock, mad Scottish Spaniards (or is that Spanish Scotsmen?) are selling people's legs by the pound, and the Mob reckons you owe them a prize racehorse. If you survive, make sure your commission's intact, 'cos the only thing falling faster than your sanity is your financial prospects...

[This game may accept new players]

Moderators: Taavi, Grafster

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Re: Ancient Gentlemen

Post by Tabs »

"Oh! how inconsiderate I am of my fellow scribblers; my 'essence' was corked-up in a bottle--there are others--Washington Irving for one, no doubt."
Bookman
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 12 years 5 months

Post by Bookman »

Yes, such was my suspicion. I have no doubt this 'collegium' are caught up in the auction game we area ll playing. I wonder if there is a more general way to break the enchantment, or if something needed to be done individually for each soul? I shall have to look further at this. Perhaps it would be worth your coming by the shop tomorrow? Your experience may help my researches.
Ex ignorantia ad sapientiam; e luce ad tenebras.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by Tabs »

The empty ale glass clatters as it is placed upon the table, a beery runnel of froth slides down its length. Long John Copper almost sighs:

"There's anudder one down the hatch! Yeah, we'll be there, won't we, Marmie?" The parrot takes three hops to return to the tramp's shoulder. The tramp adds: "And the other fella, too."
Bookman
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 12 years 5 months

Post by Bookman »

Harwood nods a goodbye to Long John. He sits for a little while after he has left, staring not quite at anything in silence. After a short while he gets up, finishes off his drink, and departs into the night.
Ex ignorantia ad sapientiam; e luce ad tenebras.

Return to “Grant's Military Bookshop (A Bookhounds of London Game)”