(GMB) OOC

"Get me that writing desk", the client said. It seemed like a simple job. Now ghosts are crawling out of your drink, murderers are after your stock, mad Scottish Spaniards (or is that Spanish Scotsmen?) are selling people's legs by the pound, and the Mob reckons you owe them a prize racehorse. If you survive, make sure your commission's intact, 'cos the only thing falling faster than your sanity is your financial prospects...

[This game may accept new players]

Moderators: Taavi, Grafster

Bookman
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Re: (GMB) OOC

Post by Bookman »

It is something into which I have a little insight, that and the horrible clash between academic and bookseller...

I am good for more people, I always like different viewpoints, alternate skill sets and the marvellous moment when everyone's seperate agendas crash into each other, but then I used to play a lot of old World of Darkness and Paranoia...

On useful things http://www.cambridge.org/gb/knowledge/i ... cale=en_GB A bibliography of the occult straight from the Golden Dawn and adherents. Available print on demand (which is how I got it) and probably ebook as well (for those with postage costs...). Quite a useful starting point for books and pamphlets.
Ex ignorantia ad sapientiam; e luce ad tenebras.
Taavi
Keeper
Keeper

Re: Potential new players

Post by Taavi »

Taavi wrote:As Luke is no longer "in play" and things clearly aren't moving faster than anyone can handle ;) , I am considering allowing a couple of new players, as people I know from other games have expressed interest to me in joining this one. I can vouch for them as thoroughly degenerate and unreliable.
Well, my candidates have proven their unreliability and are not available :(

It seems that Dr Bloodworth (Llewellyn) has also withdrawn, as he hasn't posted for some time or answered any of my messages. That means we have four PCs: Grant, Jory, Harwood and Laura, plus Luke as a background NPC. Is that enough (certainly it makes it easy for me to do one-on-one stuff), or should I open the game to more players with a note on the recruitment board, or some such?

Pros and cons:
I'm not too concerned about patchy coverage of investigative abilities, because Bookhounds has a number of mechanics to get around gaps in investigative abilities: you can create "regulars" (NPC clients who can help out a bit), or you can use Bookshop Stock to get dedicated pools in this or that. But small numbers can limit the opportunities for intra-party roleplaying, covering bases, or the rough stuff.
Taavi
Keeper
Keeper

Organised crime

Post by Taavi »

Nearly everyone has one (or more) links to the criminal classes in their backgrounds, contacts, etc, suggesting a strong interest in shady dealings and skullduggery - but I admit I have been scratching my head on how to make connections between organised crime and bookselling. I would welcome some (private message) suggestions on what sort of things you and your criminal contacts might be up to.
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 14 years 6 months

Re: Potential new players

Post by andyw666 »

Taavi wrote:It seems that Dr Bloodworth (Llewellyn) has also withdrawn, as he hasn't posted for some time or answered any of my messages. That means we have four PCs: Grant, Jory, Harwood and Laura, plus Luke as a background NPC. Is that enough (certainly it makes it easy for me to do one-on-one stuff), or should I open the game to more players with a note on the recruitment board, or some such?
My suspicion is that about two more regulars would be about perfect, if you have 6 PCs then it's more likely than not in any given week 1 or 2 will be busy/away in RL but the others can keep the story rolling. Just a thought. - Andy
Bookman
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Bookman »

A couple more would not hurt for making things tick over. I know I have been in and out recently for one insane reason or another (huge catalogue to finish, wife becoming the director of a football club, you know the usual day to day... :roll: ). I shall have a think about possible criminal links to a bookshop.
Taavi
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Taavi »

I'm pleased to announce that new player Quinch will be stepping into the role of Luke Carse, booklegging catalogue agent.
Quinch
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 12 years 2 months

Post by Quinch »

You might be pleased now, but that'll change once I start posting. :D
AndrewTBP
Initiate
Initiate

Post by AndrewTBP »

Excellent!
Taavi
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Taavi »

Question: Have any of you read Pagan Publishing's sourcebook "The Golden Dawn"? I'm considering reusing one or two of their scenarios.
Bookman
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Bookman »

Welcome aboard Quinch, nice to have you.

I haven't read it so don't stop on my account.

Is anyone else having problems with Invisible Castle? I have been delaying posting because I haven't got an activation email yet. Any suggestions?
Quinch
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 12 years 2 months

Post by Quinch »

I haven't read any of that sourcebook either.

Mike
AndrewTBP
Initiate
Initiate

Post by AndrewTBP »

Bookman wrote:Is anyone else having problems with Invisible Castle? I have been delaying posting because I haven't got an activation email yet. Any suggestions?
It's letting me login and roll dice, though my profile seems to have vanished. So I should be able to roll on your behalf.

I haven't read that sourcebook either.
Bookman
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Bookman »

Cool, cheers for that. I did just wonder if it might have been my email so I shall try with another account just in case, if there is still a problem I shall let people know when situations arise.
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

Welcome Quinch!! And Taavi, no, I have not read and don't own that source book - bring it on!! - Andy
Taavi
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Taavi »

I'd like to say that that was a totally awesome sales pitch by Quinch.
Also, Adam Gauntlett, who has written a number of Trail modules, is blogging hs Bookhounds campaign http://karloff-shelf.blogspot.com.au/20 ... ening.html, with a number of interesting touches - i liked the mice :-) . I thought I might take a leaf from his book and ask each of you to create a book shop Regular client.
Taavi
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Taavi »

Happy commemoration of one man being nailed to a tree for saying how great it would be to be nice to people for a change.
Taavi
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Taavi »

Hope everyone had a happy and safe Easter break, because these are words I plan for your characters not to experience for some time :twisted:
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

Guys, sorry but once again I am holidaying in RL and have limited connectivity. Will try to post a few times but Taavi, please feel free to NPC Jory till next Tues if it will help. - Cheers, Andy
Taavi
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Taavi »

Enjoy your holiday Andy! Thanks for letting us know.
I potentially have another 1 or 2 players to come on board, but they are still thinking about character concepts and time commitments.
Bookman
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Bookman »

Just a heads up, I will be in Worcester Cathedral most of this weekend and alas English cathedrals are not noted for their efficient connectivity (I blame the heavy stone construction, shows poor forward planning...) I will be back again Sunday evening hopefully.

Return to “Grant's Military Bookshop (A Bookhounds of London Game)”