(GMB) OOC

"Get me that writing desk", the client said. It seemed like a simple job. Now ghosts are crawling out of your drink, murderers are after your stock, mad Scottish Spaniards (or is that Spanish Scotsmen?) are selling people's legs by the pound, and the Mob reckons you owe them a prize racehorse. If you survive, make sure your commission's intact, 'cos the only thing falling faster than your sanity is your financial prospects...

[This game may accept new players]

Moderators: Taavi, Grafster

Bookman
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Re: (GMB) OOC

Post by Bookman »

Sounds about right. There is no tube at Bermondsey at this point so you would have to do something like train from Charing Cross to London Bridge and a bus round the corner. That is about 25-30 mins, add walking and waiting either end and you are about an hour travelling time. I know Harwood can talk but he hasn't gone on that long...
Ex ignorantia ad sapientiam; e luce ad tenebras.
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 14 years 7 months

Post by andyw666 »

Don't forget that the good Rev spent a pt of Lib Use researching the bookie. That must have chewed up a bit of time!

Not that I'm complaining mind, Jory ran off of his own free will. Assume he is smoking a Gauloises somewhere, alone and palely loitering, waiting for you all to de-time-lag. :)

Andy
Taavi
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by Taavi »

Hi all,

We are coming up to a long weekend here in Aus and so I and family will be away for a couple of days. I should be back online monday or tuesday.
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

Cool stuff, you enjoy!
Taavi
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Taavi »

Hi all,
I came back from holiday to get an offer of a postdoc in Paris in the mail, and so the last couple of days have been rather busy. Normal service should resume by the end of the week.
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

Cool, postdoc work in the City of Lights. How cool! I've just been listening to a podcast series about the Brigade Fluvial, the Gendarmes who do water police work on the Seine, and another podcast on Paree's very extensive catacoombs. Which it is illegal to enter. So I would never do that. Ever. Really. (Can I sell you some shares in Notre Dame Cathedral, Gov?)
Bookman
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Post by Bookman »

Just adding my congrats, very good work. In what is your doc?

Also of course, that puts you a touch closer to the Smoke. Should you find yourself in Dear Old London Town do let me know, we can go on a wander of the strange, the ancient and the mystical. And the pubs...

And I have loved the Paris catacombs since Deus Ex. There are also some amazing things in the Moscow system as well, including, possibly, the hidden library of Ivan the Terrible. Man, Bookhounds game in 30s Moscow. Secret police, British consular staff, strange sewers, an underground cult of the Black Madonna (for those Kult players out there). Nice.

http://www.gufon.no/agenda/undermoscow.htm

http://unmyst3.blogspot.co.uk/2008/11/l ... great.html
Ex ignorantia ad sapientiam; e luce ad tenebras.
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

Sorry Chaps, seem to have caught the real flu, will try to post tomorrow. Can't concentrate today. Andy
Taavi
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Taavi »

andyw666 wrote:Sorry Chaps, seem to have caught the real flu, will try to post tomorrow. Can't concentrate today. Andy
Get well soon!

Ps My doc is in development anthropology.
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

OK, think my brain is firing again. Buggery flu bug.
Taavi
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Taavi »

Hi all,
Partly owing to the postdoc, before EOFY I have a job interview and two grant applications to complete, so I beg your indulgence if my updates slow down!
Taavi
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Taavi »

Hi all,
2 job interviews, one grant application and a horrible cold virus later, light at the end of the tunnel approaches. I should be back to the book-paved streets of London next week. Sorry again for the extended delay.
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

That's no good. You may well have the flu thing I had: included chills, aches, a great cough, three days in bed asleep and the next two weeks' coughing up bits of lung. All this after I had the flu shot!! Hope you feel better!
Taavi
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Taavi »

andyw666 wrote:That's no good. You may well have the flu thing I had: included chills, aches, a great cough, three days in bed asleep and the next two weeks' coughing up bits of lung. All this after I had the flu shot!! Hope you feel better!
Sounds a bit like it - I had my shots too. My whole family went down with it.
Taavi
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Taavi »

I have had another inquiry from a player willing to brave the Curse of the Llewellyns. We shall see...
WinstonP
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 12 years 2 months

Post by WinstonP »

Should I write an intro for the Little St Hugh's Heretic's Library?
http://winstonp.wordpress.com
Taavi
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Taavi »

WinstonP wrote:Should I write an intro for the Little St Hugh's Heretic's Library?
Yes, that would be good. Sorry, wasn't quite sure where you were planning to head next.
Taavi
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Taavi »

Er... anyone wondering where I was... Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land is really good. :oops:
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

Taavi wrote:Er... anyone wondering where I was... Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land is really good. :oops:
Is that the new phone app? I read a reviews, sounded very good.

Andy
Taavi
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Taavi »

andyw666 wrote:
Taavi wrote:Er... anyone wondering where I was... Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land is really good. :oops:
Is that the new phone app? I read a reviews, sounded very good.

Andy
Yes. Also ipad, android & PC. Had a great time playing it, although the end-of-game monster was slightly anticlimatic (pro-tip - it didn't enjoy being beaten to death with a shovel). Have also been v busy with other stuff, but I should have a comprehensive update for Grant's up tomorrow.

Return to “Grant's Military Bookshop (A Bookhounds of London Game)”