Skills and Training

Moderator: Job

Job
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Skills and Training

Post by Job »

Based on questions from players, I've added this reference thread to contain general rules for, and descriptions of, skills that are unique to the BtMoM campaign as well as training information that would be generally known by the explorers and crew.

CAMPAIGN RULES TO INCREASE SKILLS
1) For player skill checks after successful use of skills during the game:
  • For actively using a skill during stressful or combat or investigational activities, a player would add 1d10 skill points for a successful use of a skill when determined by the Keeper (usually once every few RL game sessions). For this PbP campaign, players will have the opportunity to increase their skills at the end of a each main campaign chapter.
2) For the situation where the investigator trains in a skill (i.e. takes classes or goes to school)
  • For training a skill, the standard CoC rules state that one cannot add more than 1d10 skill points per six months of game time. With our expedition travel time to Antarctica that will likely take roughly two months of in-game time, I'm trying to make things a bit more interesting for our PbP game than one roll for 6 months, so we're rolling for the addition of 1 skill point every time a character starts a class and also for every 3 days in class after that.
NEW & AUGMENTED SKILLS
Job
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: Skills and Training

Post by Job »

Return to “Reference”