OOC - GENERAL Campaign Discussion

To quote from James Starkweather, our expedition commander: "We will travel back to the campsight and last resting place of our colleagues from Miskatonic University, led by professor Charles Lake, some two years ago. We intend to confirm their amazing discoveries and to map and climb the Miskatonic Mountain range, reported to be the highest peaks in the world. Once we've reached those peaks, we will continue further. We will continue beyond the mountains. Beyond those mountains where we intend to perform an aerial survey of the lands on the far side of that range, into uncharted territory that has never before seen by the human eye. To uncover the secrets…"

Moderator: Job

Job
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 4 months

Re: OOC - GENERAL Campaign Discussion

Post by Job »

Outstanding! Thanks for your patience, everyone. In the future, I'll do better to keep you folks aware when I'm ill or when I know that I'll be away for a while.

Job.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'm still here. Welcome back, and I'm glad you're doing better! I've just gotten back from London a couple of days ago, and I'm sick myself with something I caught there, but I'm starting to recover.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

If anyone would like your character to help Katie (Mr. Handy's character) in the tweendeck hold of the ship during the storm here, just add a comment in this OOC thread and I'll edit the IC thread to add you.

I've also begun thinking that I need to figure out a way to summarize our campaign. We've been running for a number of years and across two bulletin boards, and there's been a LOT of activity since we started so long ago. I'm pondering how to best do it. We've actually been running for such a long time that my summary webpages that I built on Obsidian Portal and also on Google Maps are now no longer working correctly because both of those websites have updated their systems/software. Sheesh! But I'll consider how to best pull it together so that we can make it easier on our gentle readers and also for any fresh blood that we might lure into playing. I'm open to suggestions too.

Job.

P.S. I'm very happy to now be healthy after my long series of illnesses and to now have a bit of extra time to devote to our story.
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by Anatomist »

If im not mistaken Øyvind Raknes should be in the neighbour tweendeck number 2, caring for his dogs? Would Øyvind hear tumbling engines, and try to asist Katie?
~Bony End of Story~
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

Anatomist wrote:If im not mistaken Øyvind Raknes should be in the neighbour tweendeck number 2, caring for his dogs? Would Øyvind hear tumbling engines, and try to asist Katie?
The dogs are housed in Tweendeck number 5 which is a long way from the disturbance in Tweendeck 2. Øyvind might feel the rumbling and booms through the hull, but he probably only hears the dogs barking and their cages shifting and bumping. Would he leave his dogs to investigate? ;)

Job.
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Job wrote: Would he leave his dogs to investigate? ;)

Job.
Dont think so, no.
~Bony End of Story~
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Did i kill the game? :)
Job, are you ok?
~Bony End of Story~
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

I was sick for a bit and lost my job a number of months ago, so I found very little motivation to write during this period. I really am sorry. The good news is that after 4 months of searching for a job, I've finally landed a very nice position at a company in Chesterbrook, PA, near KoP where I met Mr. Handy. My family is still also experiencing a fair amount of health issues and bad luck, but my new job will help me to get back to writing.

It's all due to the efforts of Hastur to thwart our progress. ;)

J.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome back, Job! I'm sorry to hear things haven't been going well, but I'm glad you managed to find a new job. Meeting in King of Prussia was great! We should do that again some time.

I'm ready to play again when you are, though I'll be away at DEXCON starting in the afternoon of July 2 until the night of July 6, and I might not have time to post until the night of July 7. I have a laptop and I'll have Internet access at the hotel, but I probably won't have time to keep up with this site there, as my schedule is packed.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

I returned from my trip in Europe so I'm ready when you are.
Roy
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

:)

To attempt to finish up our "Chapter 5: IC - At Sea Panama > Australia" thread, I've been building a synopsis (here is a link). This will allow you, as players, to easily remind yourself of--and navigate to--key events in that thread. It is a complicated thread that includes some investigation, so I felt that I should put together this summary before re-starting our writing. It shouldn't take long...

Job.
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Where is my thumbs up?
~Bony End of Story~
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

It's good to see everyone back in action!

This morning I'm continuing to add to the synopsis of the "Panama->Australia" thread so that we can continue those investigations of sabotage aboard the Gabrielle. After I'm done there, I'll continue to add to the "Australia->Antarctica" thread.

Job.

EDIT: Wow! Almost four hours of adding to the synopsis... But I've now completed 20 of 25 pages! Gonna take a break. It's coming along. By the way, there was a lot of fun stuff in there! I've noticed that when I read through a lot of entries in a short period of time, I really begin to appreciate how much progress we've made and how many interesting things have been written. :)
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Is Syrinx joining?
~Bony End of Story~
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

...and you write your adding to the synopsis. I was looking for a thread of chapter synopsis but i dont see one, am im mistaken in thinking it exists?
~Bony End of Story~
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Yes, he is. Just need to find a fitting character...

The post is this one, right? viewtopic.php?f=213&t=2857&p=158740#p158739
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Syrinx wrote:

Im so frikkin blind
~Bony End of Story~
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

Anatomist wrote:Is Syrinx joining?
Syrinx has agreed to die on the ice with us! :twisted:

Foolish bravado?

Job.
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

Syrinx wrote:Yes, he is. Just need to find a fitting character...

Yes, correct, this is the synopsis of the "Panama->Australia" thread. AND IT'S NOW UP TO DATE! Woo Hoo! I just finished adding all of the links and I hope that it helps everyone. This chapter is a particularly complicated one because of all of the investigations going on, and I think the synopsis helps to put all of the activities in a nice, organized, linear timeline. And anyone can now easily reference a specific post regarding a specific finding.

Be sure to take a peek at it because I'm going to start it back up again.

Job.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Wait.... You said it would be safe!
*flips through contract*

Periodic surveys of weather changes in sub zero climate. S-M Expedition
"I'm not up for an S/M - mission, man!"
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)

Return to “Job's Beyond the Mountains of Madness”