OOC - GENERAL Campaign Discussion

To quote from James Starkweather, our expedition commander: "We will travel back to the campsight and last resting place of our colleagues from Miskatonic University, led by professor Charles Lake, some two years ago. We intend to confirm their amazing discoveries and to map and climb the Miskatonic Mountain range, reported to be the highest peaks in the world. Once we've reached those peaks, we will continue further. We will continue beyond the mountains. Beyond those mountains where we intend to perform an aerial survey of the lands on the far side of that range, into uncharted territory that has never before seen by the human eye. To uncover the secrets…"

Moderator: Job

Job
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 4 months

Re: OOC - GENERAL Campaign Discussion

Post by Job »

We are nearing completion (I think) of our two open IC threads, so I'm toying with the idea of starting a thread for the next leg of our journey: Chapter 5 IC: Australia -> Antarctica. There is actually a fair amount of room for our two existing IC threads to continue on for a while, but not much (I think) will occur that would impact our trip to the ice. If something happens within our NYC investigation thread or our Panama->Australia thread that changes the outcome of the Australia->Antarctica thread, I can retroactively make any needed minor edits.

Hopefully, starting a parallel thread will not be too confusing for folks, and I think that getting started on this next trip will generate momentum and perhaps a bit of renewed interest. What say you expeditioneers? Are you OK with a bit of amibiguity so that we can move on?

Job.
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by Anatomist »

Job wrote:We are nearing completion (I think) of our two open IC threads, so I'm toying with the idea of starting a thread for the next leg of our journey: Chapter 5 IC: Australia -> Antarctica. There is actually a fair amount of room for our two existing IC threads to continue on for a while, but not much (I think) will occur that would impact our trip to the ice. If something happens within our NYC investigation thread or our Panama->Australia thread that changes the outcome of the Australia->Antarctica thread, I can retroactively make any needed minor edits.

Hopefully, starting a parallel thread will not be too confusing for folks, and I think that getting started on this next trip will generate momentum and perhaps a bit of renewed interest. What say you expeditioneers? Are you OK with a bit of amibiguity so that we can move on?

Job.
Yes. :)

Seems to me at least that Chap 2 has run it course, i cannot see other possibilities to explore which has not been mentioned and turn down by npc's.
~Bony End of Story~
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

Alright Anatomist! It's good to hear from you! And it's good to know that you're ready to sail South to the pack ice.
Anatomist wrote:Seems to me at least that Chap 2 has run it course, i cannot see other possibilities to explore which has not been mentioned and turn down by npc's.
Yes, I could see how it might seem that way. And I'm not at liberty to provide hints that would get your character killed in New York City. ;) You and Martin have actually uncovered quite a bit. It's possible that some of your findings will come back later in the expedition.

Job.
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Just wanted to share this Facebook group. Hilarious at times. :)

https://www.facebook.com/iaiacthulhufhtagn?fref=ts

Seems a new movie is in the making :D
~Bony End of Story~
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Anatomist wrote:Just wanted to share this Facebook group. Hilarious at times. :)

https://www.facebook.com/iaiacthulhufhtagn?fref=ts

Seems a new movie is in the making :D
Here is the trailer:

http://vimeo.com/71253903
~Bony End of Story~
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

Wow! I don't visit Facebook very often, but hey, this Facebook site may just get me back there! VERY cool

J.
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

Due to time limitations, I've mainly been posting in the "Australia to Antarctica" thread. This keeps the team moving inexorably towards the ice.

I do plan to return to the "Panama to Australia" thread when time permits, but I'm hoping that all of you don't mind a little downtime in one thread while the team continues on in another. I'll fix any discontinuity in the storyline later, if any occurs, but I honestly don't expect any issues.

J.
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Job wrote:Due to time limitations, I've mainly been posting in the "Australia to Antarctica" thread. This keeps the team moving inexorably towards the ice.

I do plan to return to the "Panama to Australia" thread when time permits, but I'm hoping that all of you don't mind a little downtime in one thread while the team continues on in another. I'll fix any discontinuity in the storyline later, if any occurs, but I honestly don't expect any issues.

J.
Goodie. :)
~Bony End of Story~
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'll be away at conventions October 31-November 3 and November 8-10, so I probably won't be able to post then. I'm not sure if I'll even be able to post between them, as I work during the week and will have little time to catch up, though I am off November 11.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Mr Handy can you take of my Keeper label? I havent been a keeper for a long time. :)
~Bony End of Story~
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I don't have time to do it tonight, but please give me a reminder by posting again here on Friday. I should have time during the weekend.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

Sorry for the lack of posting - I've been sick with flu followed by terrible cough for almost two weeks. Starting to feel a bit better.
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

AMn ive been sick as well lately, i had that cough without slime you know, and i had these coughs that was so violent it left me without breath as my lung had collapsed. Terrible stuff!
~Bony End of Story~
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you both feel better soon.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Its the start of the Zombie apocalypse. .........
~Bony End of Story~
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

You ok Job?
~Bony End of Story~
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Hope nothing bad happen to you Job! :)
~Bony End of Story~
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

Phew! Things are now starting to settle down for me after 2 months of illness, the holidays, and a recent layoff. I apologize for my lengthy absence and I'm hoping that at least a few of you folks are willing to continue this tale. I'm re-reading through our open threads to refresh my memory and expect to build momentum this week.

Job.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

I'm here
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

yay!
~Bony End of Story~

Return to “Job's Beyond the Mountains of Madness”