OOC - GENERAL Campaign Discussion

To quote from James Starkweather, our expedition commander: "We will travel back to the campsight and last resting place of our colleagues from Miskatonic University, led by professor Charles Lake, some two years ago. We intend to confirm their amazing discoveries and to map and climb the Miskatonic Mountain range, reported to be the highest peaks in the world. Once we've reached those peaks, we will continue further. We will continue beyond the mountains. Beyond those mountains where we intend to perform an aerial survey of the lands on the far side of that range, into uncharted territory that has never before seen by the human eye. To uncover the secrets…"

Moderator: Job

royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Re: OOC - GENERAL Campaign Discussion

Post by royya »

I must say the synopsis is quite good - I forgot many things...
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Job
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 4 months

Post by Job »

Thanks Roy! By putting it together, it jogged my memory quite a bit too. Which is good! After all, I am the keeper... :)

Job.
jbibblesworth
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 9 years 10 months

Post by jbibblesworth »

So....any idea where Francisco would be at present?

I confess I'm a bit lost. I'm super impressed that you've put so much effort in cataloging everything, but I'll admit it's a bit overwhelming coming into such an epic campaign this late in the game. :)
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Hi! One shortcut is to enter Fransisco in the search bar over the forum. Then you'll get a chronological list of posts where he is mentioned. That's what I did for Pierce. Works great!
/Dave
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
jbibblesworth
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 9 years 10 months

Post by jbibblesworth »

Thanks Syrinx! I followed your advice. Part of the issue was that I was scanning for Francisco as opposed to his nickname, 'Paco'. So Paco's in the thick of things down in the hold! Good news!

So I saw that his char sheet is listed as 'under development', I believe I need a DEX roll. What can I do to get his sheet up and running?
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

My sheet is under consideration too. Make sure you have an equipment list to it. Job will get in touch with you regarding the sheet.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

jbibblesworth wrote:Thanks Syrinx! I followed your advice. Part of the issue was that I was scanning for Francisco as opposed to his nickname, 'Paco'. So Paco's in the thick of things down in the hold! Good news!

So I saw that his char sheet is listed as 'under development', I believe I need a DEX roll. What can I do to get his sheet up and running?
Hello Jbibbleworth, I've copied the original character sheet to our Play@YSDC reference area. Here's a direct link to the new, old sheet. The character sheet contains a number of old statistics since we had previously used the d20 CoC game statistics, and we're now using the Call of Cthulhu character rules. We can proceed a couple of ways:
  • Convert the d20 stats to Call of Cthulhu. This seems most reasonable to me since it'll maintain Paco's "spirit". I'm willing to spend a little time this coming weekend doing the conversion if you'd like, or you can convert it yourself if you feel comfortable doing so.
  • You re-roll the stats for Paco from scratch. I'm also OK if you'd like to do this, just let me know.
Job.
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

Immediately after posting a couple of items this past Sunday, my ailing laptop died. I had tried a few things to fix it, but apparently they weren't enough. I've ordered a new machine, so I should be back in action within the week. I'm posting this note from my phone.

J.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'm ready when you are. I am going away from October 12-18 as I said in the absence thread, but I'll have my laptop and hope to have Internet access and time to use it then.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

I will be away too from the 12-18 October.
-Roy-
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

I have received my new laptop and have been working to get everything installed. I purchased an adapter to attempt to copy all files from my old laptop's hard drives to my new laptop (provided that it isn't totally fried) since all of my photos and files that I've been saving up over time for BtMoM are in that drive.

I'll let you know how it goes.

J.
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

I recommend you using Dropbox or alike for secure storage of your important files ( also non BtMoM).
~Bony End of Story~
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

I actually have an external hard drive that I keep backups on, but had not made a copy of my files in about 6 months. *sigh*

I lost a number of images, but I restored my backup and found quite a bit of my files for BtMoM. All is not lost, but this will teach me to make my backup copies more regularly.

I've also completed rebuilding other apps & files necessary for work and home, so can now turn my attention back to BtMoM.

Job.

Return to “Job's Beyond the Mountains of Madness”