OOC - GENERAL Campaign Discussion

To quote from James Starkweather, our expedition commander: "We will travel back to the campsight and last resting place of our colleagues from Miskatonic University, led by professor Charles Lake, some two years ago. We intend to confirm their amazing discoveries and to map and climb the Miskatonic Mountain range, reported to be the highest peaks in the world. Once we've reached those peaks, we will continue further. We will continue beyond the mountains. Beyond those mountains where we intend to perform an aerial survey of the lands on the far side of that range, into uncharted territory that has never before seen by the human eye. To uncover the secrets…"

Moderator: Job

Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Re: OOC - GENERAL Campaign Discussion

Post by Anatomist »

Job wrote:Aww, Gomez, it's great to hear from you! :D

I saw your PM and will simply respond here that I'm honored that you're continuing to stay abreast of our progress. You and I were talking about this game way, way back in 2005 or 2006! If you ever feel like taking on the role of some strange creature from Lovecraft's imagination--within the boundaries of BtMoM, of course-- then let me know. :twisted: Our team is getting closer and closer to the ice.

Job.
Gomez. Holy shit, now im getting scared.
~Bony End of Story~
Gomez
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Post by Gomez »

Job wrote:Aww, Gomez, it's great to hear from you! :D

If you ever feel like taking on the role of some strange creature from Lovecraft's imagination--within the boundaries of BtMoM, of course-- then let me know. :twisted: Our team is getting closer and closer to the ice.

Job.
Let me start to practice for my role.

"Tekeli-li..... Tekeli-li.......!!". ;)
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Gomez wrote: Let me start to practice for my role.

"Tekeli-li..... Tekeli-li.......!!". ;)
:lol:
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Job
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Job »

Hey all,

Just to let you know, I've been down ill for the past couple of days. Hopefully I'll be feeling better this weekend and back to writing.

Job.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Job wrote:Hey all,

Just to let you know, I've been down ill for the past couple of days. Hopefully I'll be feeling better this weekend and back to writing.

Job.
A potion of CLW might do the trick ... oh, it's a CoC thread, not a D&D - better go to St. Mary ...
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

I should've taken your advice and drank that Cure Light Wounds potion! I've just gotten over a bad, bad flu. I'm finally feeling a little better today. Geez, I've been very sick a couple of times now in just the past few weeks! What is this?!? The dark forces are working against me...

Anyway, I hope to be feeling well enough to spend some time tomorrow and this weekend catching up. I apologize for the delays.

Job.
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

IN THE NEWS: Alien Invasion Threatens Antarctica!!!

Not Cthulhu, though. Still, kinda interesting. ;)

Job.
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Job wrote:IN THE NEWS: Alien Invasion Threatens Antarctica!!!

Not Cthulhu, though. Still, kinda interesting. ;)

Job.
lol
~Bony End of Story~
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

I will be offline in the upcoming weekend. NPC me as necessary.
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

royya wrote:I will be offline in the upcoming weekend. NPC me as necessary.
OK Roy! Thanks for the "heads up".

Job.
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

Since I think that we have a lot of fun things going on here--and since we are so very close to arriving on the ice--I've spent a little time trying to add visibility to our game. So here's what I've done so far to "advertise" what we're doing:
  • I've added a signature to my Yog_Sothoth.com account that directly provides a link to our game, and also a brief headline as to our status (e.g. "Steaming across the Pacific Ocean towards Australia");
  • I've posted a couple of times in a few BtMoM threads on Yog_Sothoth.com so that any reader might find their way here;
  • I've linked my early chapters on the EnWorld website to our continuing game on Play@YSDC;
  • On the RPG_Geek.com website, under the BtMoM product listing, I've added a link to our game. Scroll down to the "Web Links" section to see it.
  • I've just recently established a game space on the Obsidian Portal website to use as a companion space for this BtMoM game. We will continue to run our BtMoM game here because the Obsidian Portal website is not used to run games; Obsidian Portal has a few tools to help summarize and headline the things that take place in our game. I have not yet added much detail to our Obsidian page (aside from a banner), but will certainly add links to our Play@YSDC pages (and invite each of you players into that game area) once I've become familiar with its layout. I'll play with it over the coming weeks.
I believe that any Keeper who might want to run the BtMoM campaign would find a lot of extra details here to help ease their burden, for example they would have easy access to a lot of extra maps (some that I've edited with explanatory text), photos, and scenario descriptions. Even our tour of the SS Gabrielle (in the "Chapter 5: NYC to Panama" thread with Mr. Handy's help) would provide a keeper with a lot of extra information for their game.

If anyone else has ideas as to how we might increase our game's readership, I'm open to suggestions. I was trying to figure out how to add our game's URL to come up in Google searches, but I'm not sure that I've done it correctly...

Thanks,
Job.
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Ive said it before Job. Your a freaking (Evil-)God good GM.
~Bony End of Story~
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

Thanks Anatomist!

There are a lot of roleplaying gamers who visit the Obsidian Portal website, so I'm optimistic that we'll pick up a few CoC readers from there. Even if they just read the summary information that I/we post on Obsidian Portal, then we'll have that many more eyeballs into our game. Another benefit is that if any readers follow the link from our page on Obsidian Portal to our game at Play@YSDC, then it'll increase the traffic to Play@YSDC and perhaps lure additional players into other games that are being run on the site.

I think that the Obsidian Portal site offers a slightly cleaner and more colorful interface to summarize and highlight game information. The Obsidian site cannot be used to post detailed threads of action and conversation, so we'll definitely need to keep those threads going here on Play@YSDC (and I have no intention of moving the game). The trick will be to keep two sites in synch, but if it works out as I expect, I don't believe that'll be too difficult.

If you guys are OK with it, please PM me your email addresses and I'll invite you to our Obsidian Portal BtMoM campaign page. This will allow you to add information to that area.

Job.

EDIT: I just finished setting up our portal's banner and background images and I'm very pleased with it. Be sure to take a look! And now that I've gotten that started, I'll get back to moving our story along tonight. 8-)
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

We approach our one-thousandth post on Play@YSDC! :D

Job.
Ewoklord
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by Ewoklord »

Eesh, that's a lot of ammonia. Here's hoping I don't die.
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

Using my brilliant powers of deduction:
  • EwokLord entered our 1,000th post here, just above, while pondering his death. Very appropriate for our 1,000th post! :)
  • Anatomist entered our 1,001st post here, while "sampling" a bottle of vintage brandy with James Starkweather! This also seems well in keeping with our theme! ;)
Thank you all for being here, including Mr. Handy, Royya, Túrin, Seon, Jrod, and Taokan! We have a very talented and fun team. You folks keep me at the game and on my game. 8-)
Job.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

You're welcome, and thank you for running this game! You're doing great, and I'm having a lot of fun! :)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

Mr. Handy wrote:You're welcome, and thank you for running this game! You're doing great, and I'm having a lot of fun! :)
Coming from you, Mr. Handy, I consider that a compliment of the highest order! Thank you.

Job.
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

FYI. Ill be going into my exam period for the next 2 weeks. Ill try to punch in a post or two but if im not responsive for more then 24 hrs, NPC as needed.

-A
~Bony End of Story~
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

Anatomist wrote:FYI. Ill be going into my exam period for the next 2 weeks. Ill try to punch in a post or two but if im not responsive for more then 24 hrs, NPC as needed.

-A
Good luck on your exams, Anatomist! Get an A! You're not taking Anatomy, are you, by chance? ;)

Job.

Return to “Job's Beyond the Mountains of Madness”