OOC: CHAPTER 5 - At Sea

To quote from James Starkweather, our expedition commander: "We will travel back to the campsight and last resting place of our colleagues from Miskatonic University, led by professor Charles Lake, some two years ago. We intend to confirm their amazing discoveries and to map and climb the Miskatonic Mountain range, reported to be the highest peaks in the world. Once we've reached those peaks, we will continue further. We will continue beyond the mountains. Beyond those mountains where we intend to perform an aerial survey of the lands on the far side of that range, into uncharted territory that has never before seen by the human eye. To uncover the secrets…"

Moderator: Job

Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Re: CHAPTER 5: OOC - At Sea

Post by Anatomist »

jrod wrote:Haha..if it isn't a nightmare in a dream-state, it's a nightmare in reality. I just read the additions, i wouldn't have believed it possible, but yes it got freakier! (almost like the short story the autopsy)... 5 points for evil job! :twisted: We're all dooomed!!
*hysterical screaming*
~Bony End of Story~
jrod
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Post by jrod »

Yo, that guy Seon has a hilarious character photo. That cheesy smile makes me think of a 1930's detective on the day he got his license to carry :D
Seon
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by Seon »

Yup, that's why I chose it.
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by royya »

jrod wrote:Yo, that guy Seon has a hilarious character photo. That cheesy smile makes me think of a 1930's detective on the day he got his license to carry :D
*LIKE*
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Job
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Job »

jrod wrote:Yo, that guy Seon has a hilarious character photo. That cheesy smile makes me think of a 1930's detective on the day he got his license to carry :D
Yes, he appears too happy. I'll have to work hard to erase the smile. Perhaps add a touch of frostbite? A wound or two? A missing eyeball? ;)

Job.
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

Mr. Handy wrote:[Katie Wright said to Ernest Roosevelt:] "If you want to learn how to fly a plane, I could teach you. It takes a lot of work and a long time, but it's worth it."
Seon wrote:[Ernest responds to Katie:] "Really?" Ernest said. "I'll definitely hold you to that after the expedition."
Job responds: Provided that you both survive...

8-)
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Addendium! Provided that both survive without any loss of major limbs or marbles that may have been necessary in using complex aerodynamic maneuvers.
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

Seon wrote:Addendium! Provided that both survive without any loss of major limbs or marbles that may have been necessary in using complex aerodynamic maneuvers.
Yes, true! :P Loss of marbles is highly likely, though.

Job.
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

I came prepared though. I have the white suit, the silly grin, a cane, and a white top hat to wear in case of insanity.

The doctor said that it will help. The doctor did have a chicken's head though.
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

Seon wrote:I came prepared though. I have the white suit, the silly grin, a cane, and a white top hat to wear in case of insanity.

The doctor said that it will help. The doctor did have a chicken's head though.
Hmm. I don't recall those being in Ernest's list of equipment for the expedition... Well, maybe the silly grin. 8-)
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Misc
White Top Hat, White Suit, white gloves, Red Neckties, and a cane (wear in case of insanity breakout)
Playing Cards
Books to read (includes magazines such as the Astounding Stories and Weird Tales)

I beg to differ.

Don't ask why Ernest has them. Just. Don't. Ask.

It's because he's crazy.

Astounding Stories and Weird Tales is a kind of funny because that is where Lovecraft published his story, At the Mountain of Madness.
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

Seon wrote:Misc
White Top Hat, White Suit, white gloves, Red Neckties, and a cane (wear in case of insanity breakout)
Playing Cards
Books to read (includes magazines such as the Astounding Stories and Weird Tales)
That's what I get for not looking before posting...

Next time, I'll make sure that I check. :roll:

Job.
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Come to think of it, I should have added marbles to my inventory list.
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

Seon wrote:Come to think of it, I should have added marbles to my inventory list.
Only to lose them? ;)

I can envision the scene already: Death is imminent. Ernest knows that it is coming this snowy, frozen night. He awaits it in his tent and has dressed for the occasion, with jacket, tophat, and cane. He sits, watching. Frostbitten. Waiting.

:?:
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Too depressing. He's not a waiting kind of a guy. He's the type of a guy who beats Death with a cane and a rule book until he relents.

But then again, since Death is an incorporeal entity, he will settle for the nearest schmuck.
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

Seon wrote:Too depressing. He's not a waiting kind of a guy. He's the type of a guy who beats Death with a cane and a rule book until he relents.

But then again, since Death is an incorporeal entity, he will settle for the nearest schmuck.
Hmm. Nearest schmuck. I assume that you mean Ernest's nearest antagonist? But I guess if Ernest has lost his marbles, then everyone is an antagonist.
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Pretty much, yeah.

He will invite everyone to tea, and if they don't want tea, he'll make them like tea.
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

Seon wrote:Pretty much, yeah.

He will invite everyone to tea, and if they don't want tea, he'll make them like tea.
Ernest is now beginning to frighten me... And that may be good! :shock:

Job.
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

He doesn't have 75% skill in handguns for nothing. I mean, what am I going to use it otherwise? Shoot at Shoggies?
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

Did anyone join Peter Sykes in his night on the town in Panama City? If yes, feel free to add your character's awakening. :?

Job.

Return to “Job's Beyond the Mountains of Madness”