OOC: CHAPTER 5 - At Sea

To quote from James Starkweather, our expedition commander: "We will travel back to the campsight and last resting place of our colleagues from Miskatonic University, led by professor Charles Lake, some two years ago. We intend to confirm their amazing discoveries and to map and climb the Miskatonic Mountain range, reported to be the highest peaks in the world. Once we've reached those peaks, we will continue further. We will continue beyond the mountains. Beyond those mountains where we intend to perform an aerial survey of the lands on the far side of that range, into uncharted territory that has never before seen by the human eye. To uncover the secrets…"

Moderator: Job

Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Re: CHAPTER 5: OOC - At Sea

Post by Anatomist »

~Bony End of Story~
Job
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Job »

Hmm.

Uh, Anatomist? To use a skill, your character needs to roll under his % chance, so Øyvind missed every punch since his fist/punch skill = 50%.

However, Gunnar only landed his second punch, so Øyvind was very lucky. Damage to Øyvind = 5 HP (nonlethal), but since two bouts took place between Øyvind's last fight and this one, Øyvind was at full HP having recovered between bouts.

Looking at the resistance table, Gunnar has no chance to knock out Øyvind (5HP damage vs. Øyvind's 15 starting HP).

Since Gunnar won the first round, I get to describe the action. :)

Job.
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Job wrote:Hmm.

Uh, Anatomist? To use a skill, your character needs to roll under his % chance, so Øyvind missed every punch since his fist/punch skill = 50%.

However, Gunnar only landed his second punch, so Øyvind was very lucky. Damage to Øyvind = 5 HP (nonlethal), but since two bouts took place between Øyvind's last fight and this one, Øyvind was at full HP having recovered between bouts.

Looking at the resistance table, Gunnar has no chance to knock out Øyvind (5HP damage vs. Øyvind's 15 starting HP).

Since Gunnar won the first round, I get to describe the action. :)

Job.
Lol sorry, seems i was asleep when i rolled :roll:
~Bony End of Story~
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

OK Anatomist, it's time for our second round of boxing action between Øyvind and Gunnar Sorensen.

Here are Gunnar's punches! Ouch!

Job.
jrod
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Post by jrod »

If noone else will comment on it, let me be the first to say Steward Adam Henning looks freaky as hell. What is the deal with his eyeballs? ...and one nostril flared but the other isn't?
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Job. You did see this on page 2, right?
Anatomist wrote:Image
George Barrow will attend the Afternoon class whit G & N Sorensen on Technical Climbing.

And barrow suggest to Mr. Moore he can do a class on life in Antarctica, penguins, sea lions and whales. How do they survive?
~Bony End of Story~
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

Ack! Sorry Anatomist. How did I miss that?

OK, so here are the changes that I think I'd need to make:
  • George attends the Sept 14, 15, 16, 17 technical climbing classes
  • George begins teaching the "Antarctica Flora and Fauna" class beginning on Sept 16
Does this sound right?
Job.
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Job wrote:Ack! Sorry Anatomist. How did I miss that?

OK, so here are the changes that I think I'd need to make:
  • George attends the Sept 14, 15, 16, 17 technical climbing classes
  • George begins teaching the "Antarctica Flora and Fauna" class beginning on Sept 16
Does this sound right?
Job.
Never mind the timeline, just make the new class go live after the weekend 18-19.
~Bony End of Story~
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

Hello Mr. Handy,

That is an excellent photo of your Lockheed airplane!

Hey, regarding your "miss" % roll with your flying manuever, I'm assuming that Katie lost control of the aircraft for a brief period during the climb and will have a skill roll to regain control as the craft begins dropping from it's zenith. If she misses a second time, then I'd say the craft will then enter a fast steep dive and she'd get one last skill check -10% to correct the drop--and parachute out if unsuccessful.

Do you agree or would you handle it differently?

I plan to make a post that responds to your recent one describing Katie's climb (i.e. Gabrielle crew members begin noticing her efforts).

Job.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Thanks!

Sounds about right to me. A single normal failure, especially one that fails so narrowly, shouldn't result in a wreck directly. I'll go ahead and make my next roll.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

Mr. Handy wrote:Sounds about right to me. A single normal failure, especially one that fails so narrowly, shouldn't result in a wreck directly. I'll go ahead and make my next roll.
Nicely done! Geez, and I was hoping that there'd be a ditched airplane and that we'd have an early rescue operation going! Starkweather would've surely had some fun things to say in such an event! ;) Ah well, there'll be plenty of time for that on the ice...

Job.
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

So at this point in the game, the Keeper notes that Doctor Watkins interrupts a management meeting...

...and is rewarded by coffee and donuts. And detailed conversation about work.

Ah, life on the high sea!

Job.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Job wrote:
Mr. Handy wrote:Sounds about right to me. A single normal failure, especially one that fails so narrowly, shouldn't result in a wreck directly. I'll go ahead and make my next roll.
Nicely done! Geez, and I was hoping that there'd be a ditched airplane and that we'd have an early rescue operation going! Starkweather would've surely had some fun things to say in such an event! ;) Ah well, there'll be plenty of time for that on the ice...

Job.
If someone needs a priest for a prayer for a safe landing next time..
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

jrod wrote:If noone else will comment on it, let me be the first to say Steward Adam Henning looks freaky as hell. What is the deal with his eyeballs? ...and one nostril flared but the other isn't?
The "Innsmouth look"? 8-)
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

royya wrote:
Job wrote:

Job.
If someone needs a priest for a prayer for a safe landing next time..
Phew! You'll be a busy guy in Antarctica, Padre! :)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Job wrote:

Job.
Thanks! I'm glad I was able to impress Starkweather. Wait until he finds out who was flying the plane. :lol:
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

Mr. Handy wrote:Thanks! I'm glad I was able to impress Starkweather. Wait until he finds out who was flying the plane. :lol:
It will be the stuff of legend. Camille's encounter with Starkweather was VERY fun. I have as much fun with that sort of thing as I do with the monster encounters.

Job.
jrod
Layman
Layman

Post by jrod »

haha anatomist called job evil scum in "oyvind's experience ooc"! That was a cool nightmare scenario
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

jrod wrote:haha anatomist called job evil scum in "oyvind's experience ooc"! That was a cool nightmare scenario
Nightmare? Is it really a nightmare? :shock:

Job.
jrod
Layman
Layman

Post by jrod »

Haha..if it isn't a nightmare in a dream-state, it's a nightmare in reality. I just read the additions, i wouldn't have believed it possible, but yes it got freakier! (almost like the short story the autopsy)... 5 points for evil job! :twisted: We're all dooomed!!

Return to “Job's Beyond the Mountains of Madness”